As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There are many Fantasies; but this, like the last, was Final [FFXI]

• TagTag Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Animas still have value? <.<

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    A stack of somber memory on Cerberus runs around 240,000g.

A stack of water anima runs around 810,000g.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't even want to remember how much I paid for Erase. My coin purse still hurts.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited May 2010
    Oh yeah, we have high stack prices too, but they never sell. I think the last time I even ever saw a stack go was 2 months or more ago. There are more efficient things you can do with your time than that.

That said, I will miss farming seals in the Prommies.

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    According to FFXIah dot com 4.6 somber memories sell every day with 1.6 stacks selling every day.

0.6 stacks of water anima sell every day (which is impressive considering the price.)

This is all fueling the reraise earring industry, so there is plenty demand for them.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • EdwinOfThayEdwinOfThay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't even want to remember how much I paid for Erase. My coin purse still hurts.

I don't remember where I got erase...but it didn't seem to affect me very much. :lol:

EdwinOfThay on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    You damned kid, get off my lawn!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited May 2010
    To be fair, Utsusemi: Ni hurt worse.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sigh. Finally got a real L71 party, on imps.

It was 25k an hour.

It was freaking glorious.

It ended after 8k XP.

Back to campaign for now, as I spent 2 hours LFG as SAM/WAR.

KiTA on
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Damn that sucks, I hate when you get parties that show so much promise but disband after not too long. Campaign's grind is starting to sink it's teeth into me, I haven't had an invite on DNC in the last 3 days. I'm wondering if SE will do the smart thing and increase XP gained for level 76+ players still doing Campaign. Since having tags gives you penalties if you're not 60+ why not have bonuses if you're 76+...

WillisIVIIX on
    edited May 2010
    Just take a mob and solo it as DNC. You'll get nasty tells from ignorant idiots, but you'll get far more exp/hour.

Can't compare to a merit party though.

Edit: Referring to campaign.

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    I still have trouble soloing as a SAM/DNC. But I'm L71 and still have L45/AF gear on, haha.

(Except for my rings/earrings/mantle, which are like, level 15.)

KiTA on
    edited May 2010
    strangers-with-candy-stephen-colber.gif

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited May 2010
    Bri that gif is amazing.

Edit: KiTA that may be why it's taking you forever to find a party :P

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    Tag wrote: »
    Bri that gif is amazing.

Edit: KiTA that may be why it's taking you forever to find a party :P

Doubt it, they can't see my gear until I join. :P

Sad thing is, I'm still outdamaging the various colibri people I keep running into.

I guess I could logon and work on farming Darksteel... again... for rings/earrings/cape/etc. But christ, I hate doing that. The economy in FF11 is so freaking... borked.

KiTA on
    edited May 2010
    Well sams are the highest low for melee dps, that's why they're popular.

Plus I know a bunch of people (myself included) remember people who bring 0 effort* to the party and refrain from inviting them again. <.< The 70s are when you can start to use your "endgame" gear anyway, may as well take some time off leveling to get it.

*Not saying you aren't working in the party, but level 15 gear and AF is generally frowned on, and sam AF is pretty distinctive.

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    Just take a mob and solo it as DNC. You'll get nasty tells from ignorant idiots, but you'll get far more exp/hour.

Right now depending on the mob I can still be dispatched quickly at level 71, even if I put on a full evasion set. Of course my survivability would be a grant deal higher if I used Utsusemi, but I refrain from using food/tools while in campaign, just because it feels silly (especially food since getting one-shotted isn't outside the norm.)

Lacking a Joytoy really blows, my TP generation is suffering a great deal without it.

EDIT: Although if I just keep my eye on the prize I'm definitely going to pick up Saber Dance the moment I hit 75 to make up for the lack of Joytoy/Brutal/Double Attack period.

WillisIVIIX on
  • draw4wilddraw4wild Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I just knocked out the adventuring fellow questline in about 90 minutes. I figured as long as I'm gonna be leveling a few jobs might as well level a fellow with me.

Questline was crazy easy but would have been easier if I could remember how to play black mage, I keep building macros wrong and wind up having to sift through the magic menu to look for the spell I want. Hopefully I'll have a different 50ish to use sooner than later so I don't need to constantly switch to blm to do stuff.

draw4wild on
    edited May 2010
    The quest isn't too bad, I had issues with the later quests dealing with the specific role books. If I remember correctly they dealt with the Promys and some such, might be better after the patch update eh.

If the quest to have your fellow in the past isn't too high level try for that as well. Around level 10-17 is pretty good outside of Bastok Markets (S) because the Rock Eaters are higher level and the XP bonus of Sigil makes for some quick levels.

WillisIVIIX on
    edited May 2010

Right now depending on the mob I can still be dispatched quickly at level 71, even if I put on a full evasion set. Of course my survivability would be a grant deal higher if I used Utsusemi, but I refrain from using food/tools while in campaign, just because it feels silly (especially food since getting one-shotted isn't outside the norm.)

Lacking a Joytoy really blows, my TP generation is suffering a great deal without it.

EDIT: Although if I just keep my eye on the prize I'm definitely going to pick up Saber Dance the moment I hit 75 to make up for the lack of Joytoy/Brutal/Double Attack period.

I'm surprised you're having issues as a DNC at that level, is your evasion capped? You shouldn't use shadows just because you get a ton of exp from damage taken.

If you have it, I would consider subbing PUP then. You can use the WHM or RDM puppet and deploy it out of range of the mob, then have it set to spam Cures and Regen on you and Flash on the mob. Give it a Scanner so it won't try to debuff/nuke. As a 68 PUP main, I can almost tank a campaign mob with my 27DNC subbed.

Eat food though. You shouldn't get one shotted because ideally you'll drag your mob away and will never be in range of those evil NMs. You basically want the battle to go on as long as possible so set up for pure survivability.

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    Well sams are the highest low for melee dps, that's why they're popular.

Plus I know a bunch of people (myself included) remember people who bring 0 effort* to the party and refrain from inviting them again. <.< The 70s are when you can start to use your "endgame" gear anyway, may as well take some time off leveling to get it.

*Not saying you aren't working in the party, but level 15 gear and AF is generally frowned on, and sam AF is pretty distinctive.

I got my lifebelt and haubby, I figure I'm good enough...

But yeah. Maybe it is time to look at gear upgrades. Suggestions for getting the 3-4 million gil for it, outside of RMTs? Farming Darksteel is barely worth it.

KiTA on
    edited May 2010
    Fishing :P

Aside from that BCNMs and Meat / Sapling Farming?

Ladybug Wings if you can't think of anything else?

Edit: You should only need ~2mil to get to decent levels.

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=13645

Hey, an upgrade.

Also:

2x http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=13325

(Currently wearing the +1/-1 version)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=13485

(Currently wearing a +2 STR ring and an XP ring.)

KiTA on
    edited May 2010
    You know, once you activate the XP ring you can take it off, right?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited May 2010

I'm surprised you're having issues as a DNC at that level, is your evasion capped? You shouldn't use shadows just because you get a ton of exp from damage taken.

If you have it, I would consider subbing PUP then. You can use the WHM or RDM puppet and deploy it out of range of the mob, then have it set to spam Cures and Regen on you and Flash on the mob. Give it a Scanner so it won't try to debuff/nuke. As a 68 PUP main, I can almost tank a campaign mob with my 27DNC subbed.

Eat food though. You shouldn't get one shotted because ideally you'll drag your mob away and will never be in range of those evil NMs. You basically want the battle to go on as long as possible so set up for pure survivability.

I'm pushing 300 Evasion with traits and gear, the problem is I still get hit for 120 or so probably 66% of the time. Even with Drain Samba III and Curing Waltz IV, I still push into danger depending on the mob.

My goal is to safely take the Quads that show up in Crawler's Nest, no one ever goes there, if I can solo those Jademaiden dudes I would roll in the XP/AN. Like I said my TP generation is the pits and I go out of TP way too early, things like No Foot Rise, Merit'd Reverse Flourish, and Saber Dance/Joytoy would obviously solve that problem, but it's still a grind to 75 and the merit points required.

PUP is level 2, I had considered RDM and play it like PLDs do, but Aspir Samba II with a Dagger doesn't drain enough MP to justify how much more of a beating I take compared to them, and Cure III just doesn't cure enough at 75.

Someone said to try Yagudos, but having to pick and choose which type to fight sucks, the one's that unequip you on the regular is a death sentence with the whole disappearing TP thing. I might take a break and level up NIN in prep for level 80.
    KiTA wrote: »

Hey, an upgrade.

Also:

Try looking into a Venerer Ring, their pretty cheap on my server. Problem I find with higher level SAMs is the pants, besides Republic Subligar (And who can really stand staring at their legs all the time) is their AF for the STR.

WillisIVIIX on
    edited May 2010
    Got home last night and I only had time to get to West Ron and give draw4 a pearl before I had to go to sleep.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited May 2010

I'm pushing 300 Evasion with traits and gear, the problem is I still get hit for 120 or so probably 66% of the time. Even with Drain Samba III and Curing Waltz IV, I still push into danger depending on the mob.

My goal is to safely take the Quads that show up in Crawler's Nest, no one ever goes there, if I can solo those Jademaiden dudes I would roll in the XP/AN. Like I said my TP generation is the pits and I go out of TP way too early, things like No Foot Rise, Merit'd Reverse Flourish, and Saber Dance/Joytoy would obviously solve that problem, but it's still a grind to 75 and the merit points required.

PUP is level 2, I had considered RDM and play it like PLDs do, but Aspir Samba II with a Dagger doesn't drain enough MP to justify how much more of a beating I take compared to them, and Cure III just doesn't cure enough at 75.

Someone said to try Yagudos, but having to pick and choose which type to fight sucks, the one's that unequip you on the regular is a death sentence with the whole disappearing TP thing. I might take a break and level up NIN in prep for level 80.

Ah yeah, I'm Windy past and present so I spend nearly 100% of my time in the Windy Campaign zones fighting Yags. None of the regular mobs that I've fought unequip me though, so not sure what you're referring to, I may just be lucky.

I think PLDs go /rdm because A) they have native enhancing skill so strong Phalanx and B) they have native cures so the rdm fastcast and mana is just helping those. I'm not sure it would work too well as a DNC main. You could try /blue for cocoon though maybe.

You don't necessarily *have* to solo though, you just want to avoid a quick battle. Basically you want to ensure that at least some mobs aren't brought in to the NPC guard meatgrinder to get slaughtered in seconds.

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    so I haven't been to any wotg zones yet besides going thru the maw once to unlock dancer so a few questions......does the xp bonus of sigil make up for no field manuals? And how do I get around in the past? The one cutscene I saw told me jueno was off limits so where do I go from battalia downs(s) to get a chocobo so I could unlock other maws

draw4wild on
    edited May 2010
    Sigil gives an EXP bonus? I'm pretty sure the bonuses just the same as Signet except you don't get Allied Notes and you can get the HP or MP regen add-ons.

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • EdwinOfThayEdwinOfThay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    draw4wild wrote: »
    so I haven't been to any wotg zones yet besides going thru the maw once to unlock dancer so a few questions......does the xp bonus of sigil make up for no field manuals? And how do I get around in the past? The one cutscene I saw told me jueno was off limits so where do I go from battalia downs(s) to get a chocobo so I could unlock other maws

You'll probably need sneak/invisible for that. Especially if you want to get to East Ronfaure (S). Make sure you come from the past to the present in any zones you wish to unlock.

EdwinOfThay on
    edited May 2010
    Well sneak and invis isn't a problem, but do I have to run on foot from battalia downs to all the maws or is there a place I can pick up a chocobo that isn't one of the three cities?

draw4wild on
    edited May 2010
    Sigil gives an EXP bonus? I'm pretty sure the bonuses just the same as Signet except you don't get Allied Notes and you can get the HP or MP regen add-ons.

Yea apparently the sigil bonus was streamlined to signet, it's only an XP bonus for being in a party of less than 6.

WillisIVIIX on
    edited May 2010
    draw4wild wrote: »
    Well sneak and invis isn't a problem, but do I have to run on foot from battalia downs to all the maws or is there a place I can pick up a chocobo that isn't one of the three cities?

Hope you like walking! :P

(Yeah it is a pretty miserable mechanic. At least you get zone warps in the end, which are amazing.)

Tag on
    edited May 2010
    Getting to Windurst in the past was cake. San d'Oria about gave me three heart attacks.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • OrmiOrmi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    0Tm1x.png

Haiku Attachment
    I wish I were a real girl.
    Sad automaton.

Ormi on
    edited May 2010
    Awww.....

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited May 2010
    KiTA wrote: »

Hey, an upgrade.

Also:

Someone suggested some alternatives:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=13312
    Coral Earring, +5 Atk/-5 Eva, -1% Magic Damage. Higher level, but does the same thing as Spikes and Cheaper.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=13449
    +4 STR Ring. A bit more expensive, and L72, but gear is fun.

KiTA on
    edited May 2010
    Ormi can give pearls on Carbuncle now as well.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited May 2010
    so I got war to 15 so I can switch back to dragoon tonight. I must say I found /Dnc better than Mage sub for drg. Samba healed me for 10-15 every attack versus a 27hp heal only if I had less than 70hp. Maybe healing breath2 will change it but a 67hp heal that is only usable under 35% health won't keep me going nonstop versus 13hp every swing

And I love the adventuring fellow. She does a better job than most group members although she won't skill chain with me yet, not sure if I need a higher bond or something

draw4wild on
    edited May 2010
    HBII and up are much better. Eventually you're basically using Cure IVs for 8 mp. Before that only /blu is really good because its spells cast so fast.

Tag on