As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Green Lantern: DCnU-style

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Homophobia is pretty much the last reaction I expected. For shaaame.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Look, I'm not making a judgment one way or another, but J'onn's not wearing a shirt in a lot of those drawings.

Munch on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Preview of GREEN LANTERN CORPS #48
    green-lantern-corps-vol-2-20100524031029060.jpg

this is looking pretty awesome so far. i also love the little JLA-like portraits of the cast on the title page.

Rans on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Look, I'm not making a judgment one way or another, but J'onn's not wearing a shirt in a lot of those drawings.

It just looks like that because I took one pic and duped it out over and over and over. Totally different.

Re: the preview:
    Didn't Ganthet already stop being a Guardian when they threw him out? Did he start calling himself one again after founding the Blue Lanterns? I doubt the Guardians care about that, or that he's now stopped doing it.

The book looks interesting, but I've forgotten - is Ganthet going to be in GLC or in the new Emerald Warriors book?

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited May 2010
    maybe there is a power level thing with being a Guardian and the other Guardians will depower him before giving him a ring? and ganthet will be a main cast member in GLC along with Kyle and John.

Rans on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ganthet still has his Blue Lantern Guardian wondertwin powers, right?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Munch wrote: »

Well he's a shapeshifter, so even in the pictures that he appears to be wearing clothing he probably isn't.

CyberJackal on
    edited May 2010
    Well he's a shapeshifter, so even in the pictures that he appears to be wearing clothing he probably isn't.
    I'm just joshin' anyway. I mean, here's my J'onn redesign I did about a year back. Dude's straight wearing beaded jewelry.

Though if I can put on my nerd hat, J'onn's clothes are actually a Martian plant known as the Zook, a shapeshifting lifeform that responds to Martian telepathy, taking whatever form they want it to.

Munch on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Golden Yak! Thats pretty damned amazing. I can't believe you can bust them out that fast. I really like the piece with J'onn shapeshifting his arm, the white tattoo-ish things make it look really cool. Very zen looking Manhunter you've made.

And Munch! That is a design right there.

Hurm. I just threw this togethor using the power of a dry pen and an ancient version of photoshop before I came on here and saw those neato designs. Coat-thing should be longer.
    99271817.png

At the weekend when I (in theory) have more time I'ma bust out a bunch of redesigns because I appear to be in the mood, I'll maybe make a all purpose redesignin' thread for it. Since this thread is actually about Brightest Day. Yes.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like Jonn's Martian head. Course, I also like when he's John Jones, Martian Detective.

Basically, I want either his martian or human side to be further developed in whatever future series he finds himself in.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2010
    Serpents' martian looks like Yak's Jonn meets Millar's black Hulk, what with the medallion and fur coat and all.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    He should be made human because we are the master species of the universe, all will kneel before us.

Let's pick a fight with the Guardians while we've got all the anti-Kryptonian stuff out, woot woot.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    What kind of interaction have Miss Martian and Jonn had so far?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2010
    gl54dylux3copy.jpg

Premature moment of the week from GL 54.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2010
    Red Lanterns are the DCU Punishers.

And thugs in the DCU seemingly miss a sitting cat point blank. Where's Krypto?

edit: the ring is on his tail, that's clever.

TexiKen on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Red Lanterns are the DCU Punishers.

And thugs in the DCU seemingly miss a sitting cat point blank. Where's Krypto?

edit: the ring is on his tail, that's clever.

They're not missing the cat, the bullets are just doing absolutely nothing against the almost skin-tight energy field almost every Lantern projects around themselves.

Take a closer look at the last panel and you'll notice the field around Dex-Starr

Edit: And Atrocitus' hands for that matter

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It took three readings for me to realize that he isn't saying, "This kitty is full of rage because of humans like you."

I think I like that better, really.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    edited May 2010
    At the weekend when I (in theory) have more time I'ma bust out a bunch of redesigns because I appear to be in the mood, I'll maybe make a all purpose redesignin' thread for it. Since this thread is actually about Brightest Day. Yes.

That'd be cool, Endless. I like doing comic fan art, and I usually think it'd go better in this forum, since the art one seems mainly for original stuff.
    gl54dylux3copy.jpg

Premature moment of the week from GL 54.

Hee hee, last panel, he's so fat and happy(angry).

I've been looking forwards to this issue of GL. I want to know what the Red Lanterns are doing on Earth, if they've been to Ysmault and back since Blackest Night, or if they haven't left yet and this takes place before Atrocitus' meeting with
    Ganthet and Guy.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited May 2010
    pretty sure GL 54 takes place after GL 53 in terms of where atrocitus is. presumably glc 48 goes between those two.

Rans on
    edited May 2010
    So in Generations Lost #2, Max Lord rewrote history so that

Ted committed suicide

and Ice tried to kill Guy (and this wasn't counting Blackest Night)

and Fire was kicked out of Checkmate

and Captain Atom got replaced by Magog as the military meta top-dog and he beat up a colonel and is facing court martial

and he did nothing to Booster's reputation because no one thought anything of him to begin with (ouch low blow)

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    GLC #48
    Sort of a slow start to Bedard's run, but the Ganthet parts were enjoyable. Cool to see him forge his own battery (looks like a cross between an old Manhunter battery and Alan Scott's battery) and a ring. Nice to see a mention of Appa Ali Apsa. An error would be in John and Ganthet saying the buildings on Oa were a million years old since Oa was only fairly recently reconstructed from nothing, but with comic book logic it's not really that big of a deal.

No one acknowledges Guy's absence and it doesn't look like John has been officially inducted into the honor guard yet. Jury's still out on Kyle's characterization as he was barely in it. Ardian Syaf's art was pretty good but I miss Gleason a lot.

Not a brilliant start, but by no means a bad one.

GL #54
    We finally get names for the entities with the best one being The Butcher for the rage entity. The midget collecting the entities caught up with Sodam Yat in Daxam's sun and freed him from Ion. Looks like Yat is back to being a normal GL and maybe he'll show up in Emerald Warriors? Also thinking Emerald Warriors will have something to do with the search for the entities as that seems to be the new purpose given to Atrocitus after his encounter with Ganthet and Guy.

Rans on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    well

looks like generations lost doesn't seem like something I want to read

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2010
    it's not real retcons

it's just what everyone other than Booster, Fire, Ice, and Captain Atom think

they'll prove them all wrong!

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2010
    it's basically just covering the whole "yeah they don't remember max but who did all the shit he did" angle

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2010
    okay I can live with this

rans you need to explain things better

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited May 2010
    it was texiken, not Rans

max also made it so
    Batman (bruce, obv) formed the JLI team and Lex Luthor took over hijacked OMAC

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2010
    yeah well rans sucks too

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Look it's not my fault TLB only goes to the LCS every trimester to pick up books and is so streets behind he confuses himself.

But what was also mentioned at the end was that
    Jamie Reyes is being detected as Ted Kord by the OMACs, so maybe hope at the end of the series?

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    Generation Lost was pretty much an issue of Giffen and Winick giving the most broad, vague explanation to explain away photographic/video evidence, events that spiraled out of Max's actions, etc. It wasn't bad, and the tease at the end is interesting. I loved Booster's face when Batman tells him that you-know-who killed himself. It was so hilariously overwrought.

Oddly enough, I think I'm most excited to see who steps up as the team's new Rocket Red. I really like Dimitri, so I'm curious to see what kind of replacement will fill his shoes. I have to admit though, I'm not crazy about how Ice is being written. It might not fit the "modern" tone to depict her as cloyingly naive as she used to be, but she's coming off as kind of a jerk.

Munch on
    edited May 2010
    Steel will be Rocket Red.

And make Rocket Red look like a soviet car.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    Ted's already back. he was that shadowy figure that said BWAHAHA in that issue of Blue Beetle

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2010
    You mean Booster Gold 1,000,000?

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    was it?

i thought it was blue beetle

either way he didn't come back in Blackest Night because he was already alive!

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2010
    keith come on now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    Ted's already back. he was that shadowy figure that said BWAHAHA in that issue of Blue Beetle
    I was thinking that was future Booster Gold, but come to think of it, shadowy guy did have a blue scarab.

Honestly, I kind of think that everyone just forgot about that, or decided to go in a different direction from whatever they had planned.

Munch on
    edited May 2010
    also maxwell lord has rewritten history so this is now the chairman of the justice league

Fatejaredstevens.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2010
    keith stop having such brilliant ideas

alternatively:

where are sugar and spike?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can someone give me the chronological list of Green Lantern trades starting from Rebirth?

Tairu on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tairu wrote: »
    Can someone give me the chronological list of Green Lantern trades starting from Rebirth?

Including the spin off books (Ion, GLC)?

MastaP on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MastaP wrote: »
    Tairu wrote: »

Including the spin off books (Ion, GLC)?

GLC, yeah. I thought Ion ended after Rebirth?

Tairu on