As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Strikes [Chat]

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wait, why would the gay guy be in the girl's group? I don't get it. Are they separating by sexuality now?
    because gay men are effeminate like ladies

Elendil on
  • Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Wait, why would the gay guy be in the girl's group? I don't get it. Are they separating by sexuality now?
    It's easier to sneak a gay in the girls than a gay in the ovens past network censorship (??)

Best America on
    right you got it
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm up to 17 bands and about two hours of music.

Sweet.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    These mashed potatoes are pretty good for corporate catering. Probably because they taste like there's eight sticks of butter in them.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    because gay men are effeminate like ladies
    Standing around all those dudes with their mouths wide open he wouldn't be able to control himself.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    For some reason I find it weird when I imdb an attractive actress and find out they are my age or a little bit younger.

It makes me feel like I should have accomplished more by now.

My best friend and I just turned 30 and it seems like every day something like this happens that freaks us the fuck out.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, holy fucking fuck.

I was trying to find genealogy crap and I think I may have just found a linkedin page for my dad...

I had pretty much accepted the fact that he was dead. I don't know how I feel about this. I just made a linkedin account to try and confirm whether it was really him... but he doesn't have any viewable information.

This is extremely... I don't even know what the fuck this is.

Galahad on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    For some reason I find it weird when I imdb an attractive actress and find out they are my age or a little bit younger.

It's ok, we hold ugly people to a lower standard
    i'm sorry

Well I mean that actually kinda makes sense.

I'm sure if I was born into a rich family and looked like a model I could have accomplished more by now.

That's not making excuses or saying I can't accomplish anything, but just realizing it's a bit silly to compare oneself to most celebrities.

Nocturne on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    My grandfather on my mom's side was a marine in the Pacific. A machine gunner none the less. He told me more war stories than he told anyone else in the family it seems. He said he was preparing me for my generations war. I loved that man he was awesome. He also got called up for Korea where he was a non-com. He fucking hated that war. From what we hear that war really screwed with his mind. He got caught behind enemy lines twice, was mia at least once and at one point the military told my grandmother they didn't know if they should mark him as kia or mia since the Chinese basically cut off his position. He was at most of the major engagements. Including Iwo Jima(second wave) and a few others. He came in at Guam if I remember right.

He was in WW2 and the Korean War?

Sheep on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

Yeah, that... seems to cover it. What was your relationship with him, if any?

Aroused Bull on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i have to read an article for a class tonight

but i dont wanna

James on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, holy fucking fuck.

I was trying to find genealogy crap and I think I may have just found a linkedin page for my dad...

I had pretty much accepted the fact that he was dead. I don't know how I feel about this. I just made a linkedin account to try and confirm whether it was really him... but he doesn't have any viewable information.

:!: Wow man. That's pretty amazing.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My grampa on my mom's side flew in the NZ Royal air force, which I was pretty cool.

I have this amazing picture of him when he was like 19 standing in front of an old ass biplane trainer. Dude looks like the quintessential fly boy in it. I kind of wish I could have a beer with him back then or something. I only knew him when he was pretty damn old, and pretty damn irritable.

Gogo RNZAF! My Great Uncle flew with the service in the war - but ended up as a trainer after some sort of head injury. If you ever visit Christchurch go visit the Air Museum there - pretty horrible stuff. NZ's role in WW2 for the air war was pretty much just exporting young lads to serve over Germany - something like 1/3 died!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, anything I bitch about today sure isn't gonna seem very important compared to Galahad. Thanks, Galahad!

Silas Brown on
    edited May 2010
    Last time I saw him I was 12. Last time I heard from him I was 15 or 16 and he'd called to let me and my sisters know that he was working in Singapore. I'm 31.

Like, I assumed he had a heart attack or cancer or something and died.

Galahad on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was too young to hear any war stories from my grandfather (mom's dad).

But he was an Italian translator in WWII, stationed in Tunisia, intercepting radio broadcasts and helping decode them.

I think that's pretty cool.

Galahad: that is pretty mind-blowing.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ugh, so sleepy today. Stupid nightmares 3 days in a row.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

i'm sorry

I'm sure if I was born into a rich family and looked like a model I could have accomplished more by now.

That's not making excuses or saying I can't accomplish anything, but just realizing it's a bit silly to compare oneself to most celebrities.
    Plus, all they've really accomplished is exploiting a genetic condition to get dumb people to throw money at them. They haven't actually done anything.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited May 2010
    I mean how many oil professionals based out of Indonesia named fucking Stephan Cacciari can there possibly be? It has to be him, right? Jesus.

How many years has Linkedin even existed?

Galahad on
    edited May 2010
    So what the hell is with Firefox the last few versions. I am just about sick to death of this thing and I am hell of lazy when it comes to upgrading browsers.

Did they just fall into the usual pitfalls of open source development?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Wow. :shock:

Nerdgasmic on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010

more like he's heading there himself

suggesting that gays are THIS way

it's so silly

Organichu on
    edited May 2010
    I wonder where bisexuals fall in Glee's arbitrary gender scale.

Silas Brown on
    edited May 2010
    I mean how many oil professionals based out of Indonesia named fucking Stephan Cacciari can there possibly be? It has to be him, right? Jesus.

It was launched in 2003.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I was too young to hear any war stories from my grandfather (mom's dad).

My grand dads never talked about it and my dad got to Nam just in time to hop back into the chopper and come home.

Sheep on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Started in 2002 apparently

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited May 2010
    So what the hell is with Firefox the last few versions. I am just about sick to death of this thing and I am hell of lazy when it comes to upgrading browsers.

What do you mean? 3.6.3 is the most stable, quickest version yet.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    I wonder where bisexuals fall in Glee's arbitrary gender scale.
    Season finales, March Madness

Best America on
    right you got it
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

i'm sorry

Plus, all they've really accomplished is exploiting a genetic condition to get dumb people to throw money at them. They haven't actually done anything.

History always reminds me that I suck. Two people have become popes by my age.

Couscous on
    edited May 2010
    HALF MAN
    HALF WOMAN
    ALL PENIS

Silas Brown on
    edited May 2010

Is this sarcasm? I mean I've been using IE 8 and 9 at work and they seem way better than FF at home.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited May 2010

Is this sarcasm? I mean I've been using IE 8 and 9 at work and they seem way better than FF at home.
    Maybe you downloaded Firefaux by accident? What is/isn't Firefox doing that you want it to?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Google sez he's a drilling engineer.

And um...

he has an Amazon wishlist

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited May 2010
    Couscous wrote: »

i'm sorry

History always reminds me that I suck. Two people have become popes by my age.
    Millions of people died before they got to your age too, so there's that.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited May 2010
    glee is so fucking dumb

i mean

people are HOT

and i like the music

but the plot points are so dumb

Organichu on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

You use IE? I thought that was just a browser for people who suck at computers like myself.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    glee is so fucking dumb

i mean

people are HOT

and i like the music

I have to say I'm glad 24 is off the air so I have no reason ever to watch fox ever fucking again. Commercials for their shit is hella obnoxious.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    glee is so fucking dumb

i mean

people are HOT

and i like the music

it's named glee

what did you expect

Protein Shakes on
    edited May 2010

more like he's heading there himself

suggesting that gays are THIS way

it's so silly

but... isn't that show about people singing? Divvying them up by sex makes sense in that case. But I don't see how even the most Christopher Lowel style stereotypical character would fit in with a female chorus.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited May 2010
    glee is so fucking dumb

i mean

people are HOT

and i like the music

it's named glee

what did you expect