As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fancy [CHAT]

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »

That seems... herm.

Since when to people get jailed for racist banter that doesn't involve the N word? Is this a new rule? Or is it an extension of the Glorious Edict?

I have an infraction for using a jewish slur, its been around for a long time. He got tagged properly.

Man preach, you always walk the thinnest line.

...Did i ever tell you you're my hero?

Am I... Am I everything you hoped you could be?

Honestly man, you are me if I was 200% more Joker.

Jokerman on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Awesome joke about the US congress.

Black people on the Democrat side of the house are called "Black Democrats". Black people on the Republican side of the house are called "Lost tourists"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Hello again post timer

I've missed you

Shit sucks doesn't it?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't get Shatner at all...

Like, it some big self-aware joke? Does he genuinely think he can actually act?

I don't know.

He actually is an actor, classically trained Shakespearean actually. I think he knows what makes him money which is why he does it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited May 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Inq that video lied, that was no way the best, it was actively just horrible.
    the actual best parody

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/224789/april-16-2009/the-colbert-coalition-s-anti-gay-marriage-ad

Thank you Elendil someone with fucking taste up ins.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I don't know.

Meh he's having fun. And he has the money to do whatever he wants. Let him play.

Oh, sure. I just wonder if he thinks if he is a "serious" actor or not. I'm all for enjoying oneself.

Inquisitor on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    He was pretty blatant about it without a hint of irony. He might have been attempting humor but he's not great at it.

I'm gonna guess it's the latter. Abby's about as malicious as a kitten.

But sometimes he's beaten in debate by boxes of rocks. This was one of those times. It can be summed up as a violation of rule zero "Don't be a fucking retard".

That still fits in with 'not great a humor', though.

Passerbye on
    edited May 2010

I don't know.

Meh he's having fun. And he has the money to do whatever he wants. Let him play.

I've actualy heard Shatner is a pretty stand up guy. My Ex-Girlfriend helped him sell a horse.

Jokerman on
    edited May 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    One of the things on my PAX checklist is to have a couple of beers with Preacher.

Right below that is to kick it with everyone else there.

My schedule is open, I prefer ambers, I know some places we can go to snatch a brew.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I don't know.

He actually is an actor, classically trained Shakespearean actually. I think he knows what makes him money which is why he does it.

I think this is it.

I mean if anybody casts him in anything, they are casting him to act like Shatner.

I'm guessing he could do a super serious role but what would be the point.

Nocturne on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    Oh, god damn, these chats move fast. I'm used to the AC, where we might clear two pages per day.

I was, in fact, watching that documentary. I think that's probably all the firepower I need, but if anyone has news stories I'd be happy to see them.

Weren't there a couple not too far back? A cop sodomizing a guy with a stun baton and another one shooting a handcuffed, subdued individual with his handgun at point blank range?

well i don't have anything that egregious, but it did happen to me so fuck those other people who had it worse because i'm the center of the universe

basically i was legally carrying a sidearm. in this city you need a license to carry (concealed or openly), and so when my gun is exposed i readily expect that maybe an officer will ask me for identification to prove i'm licensed. especially given there have been some tragic shootings of police officers, it doesn't offend me or anything! but, i was not asked for my license to carry. oh, no- that would have been far too legal and in accordance with my state's constitution. fuck that legal shit, hoss.

instead, i had a gun pulled on me for no reason. i was told to get on the ground, and though i immediately and deliberately (slow, measured movements) cooperated with every instruction, i also got told "move and you're getting two in the head".

i then had my gun seized illegally.

i then had my person searched illegally.

i was then detained while they ran my license.

i was then refused when i asked for any of the officers to identify themselves.

i was then refused when i asked for a copy of the incident report or any other documentation whatsoever.

i finally had my property returned to me and was told 'get out of here'.

god.

bless.

america.

Organichu on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/05/beta-males-and-the-gays.html

Holy shit. This is pretty much what happened to me when I was 17-18 years old. Never thought about it that way though.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited May 2010

I don't know.

I've actualy heard Shatner is a pretty stand up guy. My Ex-Girlfriend helped him sell a horse.

Here and there, he wasn't always that way. Like in private life he was all right if you didn't mention trek, but the second you did flip out central. He's gotten better and does love horses (all of that is gossip I have no idea about the man himself).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Honestly the bit with my mother is the most depressing

Homophobic family members are unpleasant. And the rest of the family tends to get upset if you just stab them.

I don't have much family left

The fact that my mother is doing this and my brother is smiling and nodding in agreement despite their knowledge of my queeriness cuts deep, like a knife

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I don't know.
    You mean the Emmy-Award-winning William Shatner?

Thanatos on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    He does actually think he can sing. Nimoy too.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited May 2010
    FUCK THE POLICE

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    dammit chu you left me hangin back there

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited May 2010

Honestly man, you are me if I was 200% more Joker.

I understand some posters enjoy my horrible because occaisionally I'll say what they want to say. That's always an awkward PM.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

I don't know.
    You mean the Emmy-Award-winning William Shatner?

I'm not that familiar with his body of work...does he actually do good acting in some things?

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2010

Homophobic family members are unpleasant. And the rest of the family tends to get upset if you just stab them.

The fact that my mother is doing this and my brother is smiling and nodding in agreement despite their knowledge of my queeriness cuts deep, like a knife

That really really sucks Elldren.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

i've enabled you long enough!

Organichu on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What is monster hunter, it sounds like Pokemon with the serial numbers filed off, is that an accurate assumption?

Leitner on
    edited May 2010
    He does actually think he can sing. Nimoy too.

Look I think I can sing too, but I don't actually think I can sing because I have ears.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    bake a pretty cake
    but don't be lazy
    do the cooking by the book
    something something hazy

Baking a cake by the book? Pffff, you trippin'.

Improvisation all up ins.. in... hea...

I'm not good at this kind of talk.

Passerbye on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    He was pretty blatant about it without a hint of irony. He might have been attempting humor but he's not great at it.

it was pretty nasty.

but, you know - if you find that disagree with it, you could always send tube a pm and let him know that his moderating sucks!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    What is monster hunter, it sounds like Pokemon with the serial numbers filed off, is that an accurate assumption?

Nope not at all. It's like PSO except you just fight large monsters and carve those mother fuckers up. You only capture as a means of finishing early.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I don't know.

I think this is it.

I mean if anybody casts him in anything, they are casting him to act like Shatner.

I'm guessing he could do a super serious role but what would be the point.

Shatner can be an awesome actor. I've seen some of his earlier stuff, before he became what he is today. His performance in the Intruder was amazing

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Hello again post timer

I've missed you

Shit sucks doesn't it?

Eh, it just forces me to to do something else for a little while

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited May 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

Just what its titled. You get ridiculous weapons like swords the size of a small truck and go hunt monsters. Big ass monsters.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

i've enabled you long enough!

oh cmon what if this time was a real emergency

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited May 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

it was pretty nasty.

but, you know - if you find that disagree with it, you could always send tube a pm and let him know that his moderating sucks!

Hah, I have no doubt that he'll be able to find this on his own. :)

Passerbye on
    edited May 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A236q6gNQ

This just shows some of the underwater fighting.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2010

I don't know.

Here and there, he wasn't always that way. Like in private life he was all right if you didn't mention trek, but the second you did flip out central. He's gotten better and does love horses (all of that is gossip I have no idea about the man himself).

See, that was probably why it went so smoothly. She's definantly not a geek or a nerd or a scifi fiend in general. She hadn't even watched star wars till we dated.

Jokerman on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2010

i thought that you were, like, married or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I took break from monster hunter and now its hard to get willingly to play it again, though I put over 80 hours into it so its not like I wasted money buying it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    mirrored_ed8dbd98f7f43bd94bbec537d49f6ac4.jpg

This shit is fantastic.

Protein Shakes on
    edited May 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    i will tell you what really hurts

second most painful anything i've ever experienced

is a fractured sternum

straight up got a crack in the center of my ribcage

every breath becomes impossible pain and fire

like you are trying to inhale magma

i couldn't stop crying, which only worsened matters

Oh my fucking god that happened to me.

Me and my friend were wrasslin', and he (accidentally?) put all his weight on his knee which was on my sternum. My entire chest popped in and out like one of those freshness seals on a metal lid, like *ba-DOINK*.

Went to the doctor and he said it's what tends to happen when people get in car accidents and their chest slams into the steering column if the airbag doesn't deploy.

Yeah, that sucked.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

it was pretty nasty.

I did

or, well, I sent a pm saying thank you, may I have another, but against tube that's a pretty high level of defiance

dude's not called idi admin for nothing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Baking a cake by the book? Pffff, you trippin'.

Improvisation all up ins.. in... hea...

I'm not good at this kind of talk.

It's Thursday
    Time to bake a cake
    Your mom taught you just one way
    But that's no way to bake
    Cake is an art, it has to be free
    So give me some cake
    without an exchange of currency

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.