As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fancy [CHAT]

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ooooh, I can just make chocolate pixies instead. I think.

Gotta check the recipe.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    He was pretty blatant about it without a hint of irony. He might have been attempting humor but he's not great at it.

I'm gonna guess it's the latter. Abby's about as malicious as a kitten.

it was pretty nasty.

but, you know - if you find that disagree with it, you could always send tube a pm and let him know that his moderating sucks!

Hah, I have no doubt that he'll be able to find this on his own. :)

I, for one, think Tube did a great job, despite infringing into my Global Chat Mod territory. I could never hold anything against dear tube.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Baking a cake by the book? Pffff, you trippin'.

Improvisation all up ins.. in... hea...

I'm not good at this kind of talk.

It's Thursday
    Time to bake a cake
    Your mom taught you just one way
    But that's no way to bake
    Cake is an art, it has to be free
    So give me some cake
    without an exchange of currency

I am imagining andy sandberg singing this and its great

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Gotta check the recipe.

Make regular pixies but substitute Frank Black with Barry White?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Hello again post timer

I've missed you

EDIT: You I'm right here, Thom. You can talk to me. Or, well, every third minute.

Hush you. Go sit quietly in the corner.
    I don't have much family left

The fact that my mother is doing this and my brother is smiling and nodding in agreement despite their knowledge of my queeriness cuts deep, like a knife

I've found some family members will do that in hopes that you will see what they see as the error of your ways. I'm assuming that you've talked to her about it?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It's Thursday
    Time to bake a cake
    So give me some cake

Talk about two things that don't go together.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I, for one, think Tube did a great job, despite infringing into my Global Chat Mod territory. I could never hold anything against dear tube.

I can agree that something needed to be done about the post - it was over the line. Jailing just seems a bit much, given that Abby doesn't normally spout with the racism that often. He's not a hard case like Preacher. :lol:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh my fucking god that happened to me.

Me and my friend were wrasslin', and he (accidentally?) put all his weight on his knee which was on my sternum. My entire chest popped in and out like one of those freshness seals on a metal lid, like *ba-DOINK*.

Went to the doctor and he said it's what tends to happen when people get in car accidents and their chest slams into the steering column if the airbag doesn't deploy.

Yeah, that sucked.

I may have bitten through my lip reading this story.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nope not at all. It's like PSO except you just fight large monsters and carve those mother fuckers up. You only capture as a means of finishing early.

Like you mean phantasy star online? Huh, my siblings, old man and I wasted so much time on that game and never found a real replacement for it. Key question, does it have split screen? If so I might have to dig ot the Wii for the first time in like two years.

Leitner on
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    I took break from monster hunter and now its hard to get willingly to play it again, though I put over 80 hours into it so its not like I wasted money buying it.
    I just have a hard time getting over how questy it is, now that I've put in a similar number of hours (100+ myself, actually). This was my first Monster Hunter game and I went into it having heard about the game but knowing nothing about how it worked as a game; the vision I had in my mind was of, like, wandering these free-roam environments tracking down and then slaying these huge monsters while lots of other stuff was going on around me, like other animals being involved and stuff.

The gameplay was still really fun, but even in the High-Rank missions (that I've just barely gotten access to, 4* only) where part of the challenge is "more than one monster will show up," it's still so tedious and self-contained. Not to mention all of the irritating overhead of getting in the lobby with your friends, the load times, people having connection issues, needing to grind up Hunter Rank to get access to new monsters ...

content you've already done gets trivialized so fast if you don't intentionally use weaker gear for it, and all of the monsters beyond Royal Ludroth eschew personality for boring and predictable combat skills. With the Ludroth we'd occasionally scare it to the point it would just back away and bay at us, or respond attentively to a particular person wailing on it. Then, monsters like Diablos are just soulless attack robots. :/

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Preacher hates good things.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

Gotta check the recipe.

Make regular pixies but substitute Frank Black with Barry White?

<3
    It's Thursday
    Time to bake a cake
    So give me some cake

You're already getting cookies, greedy boy. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It's Thursday
    Time to bake a cake
    So give me some cake

Talk about two things that don't go together.

Huh there is a andy sandberg out there

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Honestly the bit with my mother is the most depressing

Homophobic family members are unpleasant. And the rest of the family tends to get upset if you just stab them.

The fact that my mother is doing this and my brother is smiling and nodding in agreement despite their knowledge of my queeriness cuts deep, like a knife

i thought that you were, like, married or something.

God don't bring that up either. She's been all hinting at wanting grandkids too (mostly at my brother but still)

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Nope not at all. It's like PSO except you just fight large monsters and carve those mother fuckers up. You only capture as a means of finishing early.

Like you mean phantasy star online? Huh, my siblings, old man and I wasted so much time on that game and never found a real replacement for it. Key question, does it have split screen? If so I might have to dig ot the Wii for the first time in like two years.

You can split screen arena changes, and you can do multi online with 3 other peeps, but there is no split screen online.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    God don't bring that up either. She's been all hinting at wanting grandkids too (mostly at my brother but still)

Isn't it annoying when they do that? And then with the patronizing and condescending 'Oh, well, you're young. We'll see what changes as you get older.' As if I haven't been saying 'I don't want kids.' for the last 12 years. :?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I can agree that something needed to be done about the post - it was over the line. Jailing just seems a bit much, given that Abby doesn't normally spout with the racism that often. He's not a hard case like Preacher. :lol:

Ok look you can say a lot of things about me, but I'm not a racist. My ding was for an obvious joke, abdhys was about as funny as SID's.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I forgot how shatteringly loud the crescendo in Katrien is and just ripped the headphones out of my ears when I instinctively jerked my head up.

japan on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    dammit chu you left me hangin back there

i've enabled you long enough!

oh cmon what if this time was a real emergency

you'd better not be fucking with me!

...yeah, i've got some tape. what do you need it for?

Organichu on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    being jailed not so bad

the first time's always the worst, innit?

especially since there I didn't really agree completely with the jailing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ok look you can say a lot of things about me, but I'm not a racist. My ding was for an obvious joke, abdhys was about as funny as SID's.

I'm not actually trying to say that, just teasing. Sorry. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Isn't it annoying when they do that? And then with the patronizing and condescending 'Oh, well, you're young. We'll see what changes as you get older.' As if I haven't been saying 'I don't want kids.' for the last 12 years. :?

My brother and his wife have had one so thus this conversation with my mother has gone away thank god.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    dammit chu you left me hangin back there

i've enabled you long enough!

oh cmon what if this time was a real emergency

you'd better not be fucking with me!

...yeah, i've got some tape. what do you need it for?

oh
    um
    its cause
    i'm.....

RIPPED!!!!!
    arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg
    GRRAWWWWRRR!!!!!

sorry, i couldn't help myself

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You can split screen arena changes, and you can do multi online with 3 other peeps, but there is no split screen online.

Don't care about online. So arena changes only? And two or four?

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

the funniness of it don't enter into it apparently

atleast my remark wasn't directed at god's chosen

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Have you put on 60 pounds of solid muscle over the past couple years, dlinfiniti?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    mirrored_ed8dbd98f7f43bd94bbec537d49f6ac4.jpg

This shit is fantastic.

it looks not great

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

Don't care about online. So arena changes only? And two or four?

Two person and only yeah. You get set amounts of gear so its basically you vs the monster with the weapons provided. If you aren't going online I'd say give it a pass.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    being jailed not so bad

wow you have been bitching about this since forever

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hello again post timer

I've missed you

EDIT: You I'm right here, Thom. You can talk to me. Or, well, every third minute.

Hush you. Go sit quietly in the corner.

I've found some family members will do that in hopes that you will see what they see as the error of your ways. I'm assuming that you've talked to her about it?

she's just doing the grossout routine and looking to me for affirmation. I imagine my half-hearted agreement with her in the case of a couple who really did need to get a room about two weeks ago has emboldened her. I've asked her to stop and she simply has shifted to looking to my brother.

We don't talk about my sexuality. It is the elephant in the room. Most of the time this is an acceptable state of affairs.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2010

more is expected of northern europeans, passer

preach clearly came from circumstances

while abdhy had every advantage

and, like, twelve parents

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Will hates fruity crap.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    being jailed not so bad

wow you have been bitching about this since forever

I'm just saying, hating TaTu should not be an infractable offense

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i thought that you were, like, married or something.
    No seriously I thought that you were married

I guess i just somehow believed that your sig was your kid and husband or something

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    more is expected of northern europeans, passer

preach clearly came from circumstances

while abdhy had every advantage

and, like, twelve parents

Wait, so Northern Europeans are superior to Americans now?

... can't say I disagree with you there, no. :lol:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Have you put on 60 pounds of solid muscle over the past couple years, dlinfiniti?

i'm trying
    luckily for you i have yet to cross over 130lbs
    once i get up to light heavyweight status, i will come for you and drag you back down here or you might die in my attempt

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    It's not as hot as it was yesterday. Yay rain.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's not as hot as it was yesterday. Yay rain.

Much like the Magic Rained all over the celtics last night.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.