As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Y'all I keep repeating myself, keep repeating myself in this [Chat]

1272829303133»

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Jameserson wrote: »
    So this is my younger cousin's teacher's explanation of the Battle of Vimy Ridge (of World War One): "We went up the ridge and took it."

That is all that was covered.

WHAT the FUCK!

What grade level/breadth of the course?

Social Studies 11. That's a history course. When I took it, we spent at least two weeks on WWI alone...

Vimy Ridge is a defining moment in Canadian military history. It was the Ocean's 11 of the First World War.

James on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Strategies are very, very, very interesting to read.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man.

There is nothing like a conversation about BDSM on the phone for giving you openings for dropping hints.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So this is my younger cousin's teacher's explanation of the Battle of Vimy Ridge (of World War One): "We went up the ridge and took it."

WHAT the FUCK!

That might be acceptable for any country other than Canada. Here we treat that moment as a defining moment in Canadian history.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    moniker wrote: »

WHAT the FUCK!

What grade level/breadth of the course?

Social Studies 11. That's a history course. When I took it, we spent at least two weeks on WWI alone...

Vimy Ridge is a defining moment in Canadian military history. It was the Ocean's 11 of the First World War.

Eh, I wouldn't be too surprised then. High School social studies is generally a mile wide and an inch deep. It's not like he was in just the 20th century specifically or anything.

moniker on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    I'm liking these Decemberists.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »

WHAT the FUCK!

That might be acceptable for any country other than Canada. Here we treat that moment as a defining moment in Canadian history.

I am aware of that as I live in Canada and so does he.

I mean, the Brits failed to take it, and the French failed to take it twice. It was supposed to be impossible to take!

James on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

WHAT the FUCK!

You guys have a pretty shitty history then, huh?

moniker on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh, Canadian history. Reading the article, and I still don’t care. I wouldn’t care even if I lived in Canada.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

WHAT the FUCK!

I am aware of that as I live in Canada and so does he.

I mean, the Brits failed to take it, and the French failed to take it twice. It was supposed to be impossible to take!

Well the French hardly count.

edit: olol france

VishNub on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    I'm liking these Decemberists.

Listening to them right now too.

hi-5!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options