As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Project Natal - Peter Molyneux wants you to touch his child

167891012»

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    $150 is kinda high to start, but not crazy. Look at how much people paid for plastic guitars when GH and RB came out. That's buying a peripheral that can only be used with a handful of games. Natal/Wave is a general purpose peripheral with a lot more potential. All it needs is a killer app/game that everyone wants. The question is whether or not MS makes the mistake of marketing it on its own, or by marketing it as the cool & necessary add-on for this totallyawesomeheadasplode game.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't make an effort to make Natal/Wave a premium device for the Xbox Live Experience. Avatar games where people can play "virtually" rather than with a controller has some appeal. The Wii sold crazy numbers on a similar (and even simpler) premise.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Sagroth wrote: »
    So the rumor goin' round is that the official name for this is now "Wave".

playstation-move.jpg

hmmm

Wave

flip the W upside down

Mave

chop the stem off a small handwritten a

Move
    I'm so sorry

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    And the PS3 eye has that cute pet game.

This thing is cool, but it's fucked right off the get go. People don't want to stand around and play games, they want to sit on their ass and enjoy entertainment. The technology for this however, really needs to be pushed for the future of awesome. I hope it does at least that.

I hope they offer the non-move version of the eyepet in the US. I was really sad it was pushed bac, because it would have been the perfect Christmas gift for my sister

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png