As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fancy [CHAT]

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Does League of Legends let you keep the same hero game to game or does it make you start with nothing like DoTA?

JustinSane07 on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hurgle burgle. To use the wireless bridge I got from Cass' brother, I need to change some of my network settings and for some reason it damn near crippled my connection though it still held up a bit.

Still having trouble using the bridge itself, as well.

I'm heavily considering just shelling out the cash for the Xbox wireless adapter at this point. :?

hey we can use my place sunday for D&D

Ah, nice! Will Mark be able to attend? Cass tells me Sabs is interested as well.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    eddy when are you moving up to NY

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I remember on the original turok not being able to make one stupid shitty early on jump, I just couldn't make it, over and over I tried for a fucking hour getting more and more frustrated. By accident I bumped a button and turned run back on... I never felt dumber.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Butts butts butts. Now I need to fly from Colorado to New Fucking Jersey.

HELLO

Fuck you buddy stop doing that when I'm not in jersey

Lady, you don't even know. Going to be ensconced in a goddamn airport Marriott for who knows how long. Not going to be good times.

But I got 6 days to reeeeeeelax before then. And spoil the hell out of my nieces.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wow it's already 1PM!

COFFEE.

Sarksus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Mother has arrived. Managed not to die during the shopping (just). She has decided to stay 'till Friday.

I'm sorry.

Thomamelas on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I can't get Bad Romance out of my head.

Silas Brown on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    wait sara wat

are you in DC already

Organichu on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man, I was way too young when I played the original turok. I think that was basically the only game to slightly disturb me.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hurgle burgle. To use the wireless bridge I got from Cass' brother, I need to change some of my network settings and for some reason it damn near crippled my connection though it still held up a bit.

Still having trouble using the bridge itself, as well.

I'm heavily considering just shelling out the cash for the Xbox wireless adapter at this point. :?

hey we can use my place sunday for D&D

Ah, nice! Will Mark be able to attend? Cass tells me Sabs is interested as well.

oooooh i still need to tell Mark

I'll tell Sabs later

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited May 2010

"Oh edward you are so perfect."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i like this song a bunch, they played it at play we saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuebHTD-lY

That is because it is tiiiight.

Oddly enough no remix has been able to outshine it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

10 days or so?

Casual Eddy on
    edited May 2010

original

or

glee

Organichu on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    what was with the end of LOST anyway

So these writers had a great idea for a TV show about being lost on an island and they wrote a solid script for 2 seasons. Then the magical network gods demanded more seasons. The writers we all like "oh shit, uh how about time travel and alternate dimensions?"

When the show came to an end they needed some random way to tie in the bullshit plot twists they'd taken for 2 years so naturally they used the old stand-by "a wizard did it". In this case wizard = jesus

the answer is always, ultimately, a wizard did it. it's magic.

is the jesus part a joke?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited May 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    man, I was way too young when I played the original turok. I think that was basically the only game to slightly disturb me.

That game had some reall bullshit jumping later on. Awesome weapons, but jesus did they really f you over with their jumping.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2010

10 days or so?

oh holy shit

I thought this was some time away

Variable on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I remember on the original turok not being able to make one stupid shitty early on jump, I just couldn't make it, over and over I tried for a fucking hour getting more and more frustrated. By accident I bumped a button and turned run back on... I never felt dumber.

Okay.

This was years ago. We had all dropped a ton of acid and were playing through Earthworm Jim 2. We were on the Hell level. There was this gate you had to open and it was a little tricky. We tried and tried and tried but our acid infested minds just couldn't get it down.

The hell level was starting to get to me. I was sweating, felt hot, getting paranoid, the music was getting harsh. My friend gets to that gate and I tell him, look, if you don't do it this time man let's just take that out and listen to some music.

He turns to me in protest, and when he does, he makes the gate.

And we rejoiced.

And then died in that stupid submarine/glass bubble level and called it a night.

Sheep on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was singing it to myself when I got home

Elendil on
    edited May 2010
    mark i did not hit her

it is bullshit

Organichu on
    edited May 2010

I'm sure you've done much, much stupider things than that.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Does League of Legends let you keep the same hero game to game or does it make you start with nothing like DoTA?

there are new free champions every week but you can buy and own champions thru points you earn from playing more and more games
    or from buying them with real dollas $

omg my japanese co-worker is so cute, making (^_^) faces in his e-mails. LOVE IT!

msmya on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    mark i did not hit her

it is bullshit
    I did noooooot

Elendil on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

That game had some reall bullshit jumping later on. Awesome weapons, but jesus did they really f you over with their jumping.

I think I got stuck on like, keys? Or something? One of the collectible bullshit aspects of the game. I never liked any shooter that forced you to go key hunting very much. But then again I was p. young so maybe it's not as bad as I remember.

Anyway I just ended up cheating and beating the T-rex that way 8-)

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I hate jumping in video games.

Thomamelas on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Variable wrote: »

So these writers had a great idea for a TV show about being lost on an island and they wrote a solid script for 2 seasons. Then the magical network gods demanded more seasons. The writers we all like "oh shit, uh how about time travel and alternate dimensions?"

When the show came to an end they needed some random way to tie in the bullshit plot twists they'd taken for 2 years so naturally they used the old stand-by "a wizard did it". In this case wizard = jesus

Kinda?

I mean the island was
    purgatory

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well I guess I'm gonna rack me up some serious frequent flier miles.

God being a grown up is all kinds of lame.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Especially since it was an intentional mechnanic that you jump further if you run in a diagonal-half-strafe instead of straight ahead.

Legs do not work that way!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited May 2010
    we saw macbeth at the globe theater. The production was somewhat 'experimental' - the witches had a lot stronger presence and the entire thing was extremely gory. For instance instead of banquo's ghost sitting on a chair and spooking out macbeth that way, his bloody arm emerged from a platter of roasted meat and grasped macbeth's forearm

the murdering of the children and execution of the traitor thane was also gruesome

Casual Eddy on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    msmya wrote: »

there are new free champions every week but you can buy and own champions thru points you earn from playing more and more games
    or from buying them with real dollas $

omg my japanese co-worker is so cute, making (^_^) faces in his e-mails. LOVE IT!

Yeah I was just reading the Wiki. Apparently the game survives on micro-transactions.

JustinSane07 on
    edited May 2010

Kinda?

I mean the island was
    purgatory

no, it wasn't. not from any read that makes sense to me. did you watch the show? honest question since this is chat not the lost thread and I saw someone else saying this and... yeah I mean I don't see how you could get that from the show.

Variable on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

original

or

glee

At first I thought it was original.

But I realized when the voice in the background says "cause I'm a freak, baby," I hear it in the gay kid's voice.

Silas Brown on
    edited May 2010
    Well I guess I'm gonna rack me up some serious frequent flier miles.

God being a grown up is all kinds of lame.

Man. I think it's kinda awesome.

I get to go to bed whenever I want. Play video games whenever I want. I get to have a girl in my room with the door shut...

Sheep on
    edited May 2010
    eddy i am so excited you and i are going to

hang

chill

fuck?

i don't know

wherever the wind takes us

Organichu on
    edited May 2010
    ^____________^

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Okay.

This was years ago. We had all dropped a ton of acid and were playing through Earthworm Jim 2. We were on the Hell level. There was this gate you had to open and it was a little tricky. We tried and tried and tried but our acid infested minds just couldn't get it down.

The hell level was starting to get to me. I was sweating, felt hot, getting paranoid, the music was getting harsh. My friend gets to that gate and I tell him, look, if you don't do it this time man let's just take that out and listen to some music.

He turns to me in protest, and when he does, he makes the gate.

And we rejoiced.

And then died in that stupid submarine/glass bubble level and called it a night.

I started playing Alan Wake while on acid.

uh

not a good idea. wouldn't recommend it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited May 2010
    He also said that Seoul's resumption of psychological operations near the border was "sharpening possibilities for one-on-one confrontation at an unprecedented speed."

Hahah. Silly North Korea.

It won't be one on one. Oh no. South Korea actually has allies.

Sheep on
    edited May 2010

10 days or so?

oh holy shit

I thought this was some time away

it might be a little more than that

but probably no more than two weeks

Casual Eddy on