As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fancy [CHAT]

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I remember on the original turok not being able to make one stupid shitty early on jump, I just couldn't make it, over and over I tried for a fucking hour getting more and more frustrated. By accident I bumped a button and turned run back on... I never felt dumber.

Okay.

This was years ago. We had all dropped a ton of acid and were playing through Earthworm Jim 2. We were on the Hell level. There was this gate you had to open and it was a little tricky. We tried and tried and tried but our acid infested minds just couldn't get it down.

The hell level was starting to get to me. I was sweating, felt hot, getting paranoid, the music was getting harsh. My friend gets to that gate and I tell him, look, if you don't do it this time man let's just take that out and listen to some music.

He turns to me in protest, and when he does, he makes the gate.

And we rejoiced.

And then died in that stupid submarine/glass bubble level and called it a night.

I started playing Alan Wake while on acid.

uh

not a good idea. wouldn't recommend it.

That sounds like self-harm.

Sarksus on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVeNr9aE8cU

The Noid crushes your pizza :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what was with the end of LOST anyway

So these writers had a great idea for a TV show about being lost on an island and they wrote a solid script for 2 seasons. Then the magical network gods demanded more seasons. The writers we all like "oh shit, uh how about time travel and alternate dimensions?"

When the show came to an end they needed some random way to tie in the bullshit plot twists they'd taken for 2 years so naturally they used the old stand-by "a wizard did it". In this case wizard = jesus

the answer is always, ultimately, a wizard did it. it's magic.

is the jesus part a joke?

Kinda?

I mean the island was
    purgatory
    Errr. No.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    man, I was way too young when I played the original turok. I think that was basically the only game to slightly disturb me.

That game had some reall bullshit jumping later on. Awesome weapons, but jesus did they really f you over with their jumping.

I hate jumping in video games.

Super-Mario.-sad-211x250.jpg

JustinSane07 on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    eddy when are you moving up to NY

10 days or so?

oh holy shit

I thought this was some time away

it might be a little more than that

but probably no more than two weeks

Where are you moving to and why ? is it near me?

msmya on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    I remember on the original turok not being able to make one stupid shitty early on jump, I just couldn't make it, over and over I tried for a fucking hour getting more and more frustrated. By accident I bumped a button and turned run back on... I never felt dumber.

Okay.

This was years ago. We had all dropped a ton of acid and were playing through Earthworm Jim 2. We were on the Hell level. There was this gate you had to open and it was a little tricky. We tried and tried and tried but our acid infested minds just couldn't get it down.

The hell level was starting to get to me. I was sweating, felt hot, getting paranoid, the music was getting harsh. My friend gets to that gate and I tell him, look, if you don't do it this time man let's just take that out and listen to some music.

And we rejoiced.

And then died in that stupid submarine/glass bubble level and called it a night.

uh

My friend wanted to put on DOOM 32x after that.

Regular DOOM made me fucking sea sick. So I took the cartridge and hid it.

Last time I dropped we tried to play DK Bongo Blast. Girl I was seeing at the time said she could tell it was kicking in because our ability to stay on beat pretty much went to shit at the 30 minute mark.

Sheep on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so we will get a little mike + eddy time at least. before mike sales to the grey havens.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Okay.

And we rejoiced.

uh

It was fun at the time, and made the lighting effects even more awesome.

It just sucked that when I took my dog for a walk later that night I was scared shitless of shadow-people sneaking up on me.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited May 2010
    I really miss the aesthetic appeal of late 70s/early 80s products. The simplification was so nice.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    we played mario kart double dash for hours on acid. that's the only time I've gamed on something like that.

Variable on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would totally bang Lyndsy Fonseca.

Tav on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

So these writers had a great idea for a TV show about being lost on an island and they wrote a solid script for 2 seasons. Then the magical network gods demanded more seasons. The writers we all like "oh shit, uh how about time travel and alternate dimensions?"

When the show came to an end they needed some random way to tie in the bullshit plot twists they'd taken for 2 years so naturally they used the old stand-by "a wizard did it". In this case wizard = jesus

Kinda?

I mean the island was
    purgatory

no, it wasn't. not from any read that makes sense to me. did you watch the show? honest question since this is chat not the lost thread and I saw someone else saying this and... yeah I mean I don't see how you could get that from the show.

I kinda lost interest in the show towards the end (no pun intended) but i did watch the last episode I guess I just miss read the whole thing.

Ug if thats the case i'm turning into what i hate. A person who overthinks symbols and meaning in the arts

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    eddy i am so excited you and i are going to

hang

chill

fuck?

i don't know

wherever the wind takes us

ALL OF THE ABOVE

Casual Eddy on
    edited May 2010
    He also said that Seoul's resumption of psychological operations near the border was "sharpening possibilities for one-on-one confrontation at an unprecedented speed."

Hahah. Silly North Korea.

It won't be one on one. Oh no. South Korea actually has allies.

NK is banking on China backing them up if there's a conflict.

I don't think China will.

JustinSane07 on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, wait, Eddy's moving to NYC, while Mike is moving to North Carolina?

Thanatos on
    edited May 2010

Okay.

And we rejoiced.

uh

It just sucked that when I took my dog for a walk later that night I was scared shitless of shadow-people sneaking up on me.

Yeah it sounds like you decided to do mushrooms and lock yourself in a dark room while listening to the silent hill soundtrack.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    Is someone from the west coast moving to Upstate New York.

Sarksus on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010

Okay.

And we rejoiced.

uh

Yeah it sounds like you decided to do mushrooms and lock yourself in a dark room while listening to the silent hill soundtrack.

I used to dose up and listen to this on full blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-HU51L5JI

Sheep on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'm sure you've done much, much stupider things than that.

Well I do continue to post in chat, my intelligence is at best suspect.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2010
    so we will get a little mike + eddy time at least. before mike sales to the grey havens.

that's hilarious that he's moving down there and i'm moving up to ny

Casual Eddy on
    edited May 2010

Kinda?

I mean the island was
    purgatory

no, it wasn't. not from any read that makes sense to me. did you watch the show? honest question since this is chat not the lost thread and I saw someone else saying this and... yeah I mean I don't see how you could get that from the show.

I kinda lost interest in the show towards the end (no pun intended) but i did watch the last episode I guess I just miss read the whole thing.

Ug if thats the case i'm turning into what i hate. A person who overthinks symbols and meaning in the arts

Major Lost spoilers
    Jack's dad specifically said that everything on the Island was real and happened. It's the alt-timeline introduced in the last season that was purgatory. Time runs differently there than in the real world, which is why Jack was able to meet with both people who died before him (his Dad) and people who died long after (Hurley).

Raiden333 on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well I guess I'm gonna rack me up some serious frequent flier miles.

God being a grown up is all kinds of lame.

Man. I think it's kinda awesome.

I get to go to bed whenever I want. Play video games whenever I want. I get to have a girl in my room with the door shut...

Truth. But god.

Then again kids can't buy scotch soooo....

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited May 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    So, wait, Eddy's moving to NYC, while Mike is moving to North Carolina?

to chapel hill no less!

Casual Eddy on
    edited May 2010

that's hilarious that he's moving down there and i'm moving up to ny

seriously

ITS LIKE WHAT? WHAT?

Variable on
    edited May 2010
    I can read Lost spoilers and they still don't make any sense and I don't feel like I've been spoiled at all.

Sarksus on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey. Supervisor of other group. Stop telling me to do the stupid shit you told me to do. I'm doing it. If you could do it, you'd do it (maybe). But you can't so STFU. And by the way, my supervisor, the other programming supervisors and our manager are having a meeting about how you suck at making your people do work right now. /rant

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited May 2010

I played Resident Evil 4 for a soild 2 hours before i realized you could sprint D:

Fuck that game anyway I hate zombies. The only zombie game i can play without shitting my pants in fear is L4D.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
    edited May 2010

I played Resident Evil 4 for a soild 2 hours before i realized you could sprint D:

Fuck that game anyway I hate zombies. The only zombie game i can play without shitting my pants in fear is L4D.

zombies ate my neighbors

Variable on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm looking forward to a little Eddy time too. Hanging in Boston was fun.

I also want to get my studio set up before mike ieaves so we can have one music session together.

And, obviously, a love making session.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    I would totally bang Lyndsy Fonseca.

omgka3.png

Organichu on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    we saw macbeth at the globe theater. The production was somewhat 'experimental' - the witches had a lot stronger presence and the entire thing was extremely gory. For instance instead of banquo's ghost sitting on a chair and spooking out macbeth that way, his bloody arm emerged from a platter of roasted meat and grasped macbeth's forearm

the murdering of the children and execution of the traitor thane was also gruesome

The same scene in the recent Patrick Stewart starring production was likewise pretty nasty. It's a fine line between making it effectively horrible and sending it over the edge into camp, I've found.

Bogart on
    edited May 2010

zombies ate my neighbors

God I loved that game.

I was so excited when my brother and I finally beat it after staying up all night.

Raiden333 on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also -- music peeps: I've made a really cool discovery.

Sequence Gating on Delays, so you this really stuttery and rhythmic motion on your delay send.

I've really made a lot of progress these last few weeks. Pretty excited about it.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited May 2010

zombies ate my neighbors

I live next to a graveyard so boo on zombies. Though at the same time i always get all o_O when people talk about ghosts. I Have lived next to the graveyard for ~19 years have yet to see a ghost.

Witchdr on

edited May 2010

I will never understand people too scared to play video games, I mean thats a level of gina I can't understand.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2010
    Also, Eddy, do you have a place yet? Or did your family move to NYC or something any you're going to crash with them until you find a place?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    wait sara wat

are you in DC already

No but I am going to be on Sunday
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    eddy when are you moving up to NY

10 days or so?

oh holy shit

I thought this was some time away

EDDY ON THE WAY UP

Stop in DC

:)

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited May 2010
    There's a picture on Patrick Stewart's Wiki page where he's signing a skull in honor of Hamlet.

I totally want Patrick Stewart to sign a skull for me.

JustinSane07 on
    edited May 2010

I live next to a graveyard so boo on zombies. Though at the same time i always get all o_O when people talk about ghosts. I Have lived next to the graveyard for ~19 years have yet to see a ghost.

Because you are a ghost.

WHAT A TWIST!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2010

zombies ate my neighbors

:D

I would certainly hate to be the first line of defense against a freshly risen horde.

Variable on
This discussion has been closed.