As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You can [chat] when you're dead.

1404142434446»

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I find it disheartening that when I look on this graduate jobs website there's very little available :(
    Gotta love how everyone and their dog got the highest level of education available to them, but there are never enough jobs to provide everyone with a job that would even require the highest level of education.

Yes, the government trying to push more and more into university level education is one of the their biggest cock ups. I can see why they do, everybody wants to feel special and it would take some balls of steel to point out that half of your population are sub-normal.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I find it disheartening that when I look on this graduate jobs website there's very little available :(
    Gotta love how everyone and their dog got the highest level of education available to them, but there are never enough jobs to provide everyone with a job that would even require the highest level of education.

Yes, the government trying to push more and more into university level education is one of the their biggest cock ups. I can see why they do, everybody wants to feel special and it would take some balls of steel to point out that half of your population are sub-normal.

I'm not sub-normal! :(

Perhaps I should continue to work on my portfolio and try go into the games industry.

WMain00 on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yikes, shoulder hurts like hell. Anyway, hello!

Haphazard on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'm not sub-normal! :(

Perhaps I should continue to work on my portfolio and try go into the games industry.

I stand by my assertion.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited May 2010
    I don't know what to do. Should I tidy up my CV and send out stuff now, or find all my portfolio stuff and send it out? Argh!

WMain00 on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I dunno if it's just the government, there's this whole trend in society that if you did not win a spelling bee competition at age 2 and solved global warming by age 12 you'll never amount to anything.

Aldo on
    edited May 2010
    I dunno if it's just the government, there's this whole trend in society that if you did not win a spelling bee competition at age 2 and solved global warming by age 12 you'll never amount to anything.

We may be talking about different things. I'm talking about the UK government (and from what I understand the US one too) who are actively pushing more and more to go into higher education. It's become a natural progression.

And at the same time it's now more expensive than it was. When my parents were eighteen they would have got grants from the government to go to uni (neither of them did though), now you get a pittance of a loan.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited May 2010
    Anyone know a good word to PDF converter?

EDIT: Oh. Word does it. Nevermind then.

WMain00 on
    edited May 2010
    Anyone know a good word to PDF converter?

EDIT: Oh. Word does it. Nevermind then.
    Otherwise: CutePDF Writer

Aldo on
    edited May 2010

We may be talking about different things. I'm talking about the UK government (and from what I understand the US one too) who are actively pushing more and more to go into higher education. It's become a natural progression.

And at the same time it's now more expensive than it was. When my parents were eighteen they would have got grants from the government to go to uni (neither of them did though), now you get a pittance of a loan.

Oh the Dutch gubment just keeps on talking about the Netherlands being a knowledge economy...and then they keep investing less and less money in education and research. Becomes pretty much impossible to get funding for anything as a researcher here.

Universities are also becoming more and more expensive as the government is cutting their budget. Durp dee durp how's that knowledge economy coming along now?

Aldo on
    edited May 2010
    Next question: Come up with a witty name for my portfolio website! :P

WMain00 on
    edited May 2010

What type of portfolio is this?

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited May 2010
    WMain00's online portfolio website.

Aldo on
    edited May 2010

Gaming and design based. It'll be hosting all the design work and other gaming related stuff i've done.

WMain00 on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jesus christ 50 cent

from this

50_cent_buff.jpg

to this

50_cent_things_fall_apart_skinny_02.jpg

Tav on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Gaming and design based. It'll be hosting all the design work and other gaming related stuff i've done.

Good witty name would be related to your name (for making you memorable) and you're probably as weird about privacy as most geeks and wouldn't want to tell us your name.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited May 2010
    Science is bullshit today. Random things are not working at all.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited May 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »

Good witty name would be related to your name (for making you memorable) and you're probably as weird about privacy as most geeks and wouldn't want to tell us your name.

You could guess my name in one easy second, or quite easily find it :P

EDIT: At the moment i'm trying to look for a good portfolio template.

WMain00 on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Isn't it Saturday? Shouldn't you be drunk or shopping or something?

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The gatwick express is failing to live up to its name.

japan on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There are people all upset because it's going to be ten minutes late. I kind of think they maybe shouldn't be cutting their connections so fine.

japan on
    edited May 2010

Yeah, I don't get weekends or that kind of thing anymore. Unless there is something else that needs explicitly doing, I go to my science cave. It's the joy of a PhD. Few holidays, long hours, crap money.

Where's my violin?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Yeah, I don't get weekends or that kind of thing anymore. Unless there is something else that needs explicitly doing, I go to my science cave. It's the joy of a PhD. Few holidays, long hours, crap money.

Where's my violin?

Man you are doing so much more work then me at the moment.

electricitylikesme on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    I am going to kill my brother if we keep on playing MMOs together

He wants to be all relaxed and shit and know nothing about min-maxing and I want my character to be as good as possible because damnit there's no point in putting dozens of hours into a character which is shit

uggggh

Yeah, what an ass. He ought to know that MMOs aren't about having fun.

Aroused Bull on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

He wants to be all relaxed and shit and know nothing about min-maxing and I want my character to be as good as possible because damnit there's no point in putting dozens of hours into a character which is shit

uggggh

I have a huge problem with this

when I watched my room mate play assassin's creed 2 i got really upset because he just jumped around and murdered italians instead of picking up the collection stuff

i was so pissed he was having a blast

Casual Eddy on
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm, I'm allowed 8 kg of hand baggage and 20kg of normal baggage. I've been told that they're more relaxed about these kind of things in India compared to back home, but I still don't want to end up paying extra if I can avoid it.

Alas, no scale here. I'm just leaving all my towels, some shirts and socks (who the hell brings 8 pairs of socks to south India? This guy!) behind and stuff like sun cream. I'll bring the clothing to Baby Sarahs Orphanage tomorrow (they will have to wash it, though) and I guess there's friends here who could use the other stuff? Beh.

Oh right and my pants will be filled to the brim with stuff as well.

Aldo on
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm, I'm allowed 8 kg of hand baggage and 20kg of normal baggage. I've been told that they're more relaxed about these kind of things in India compared to back home, but I still don't want to end up paying extra if I can avoid it.

Alas, no scale here. I'm just leaving all my towels, some shirts and socks (who the hell brings 8 pairs of socks to south India? This guy!) behind and stuff like sun cream. I'll bring the clothing to Baby Sarahs Orphanage tomorrow (they will have to wash it, though) and I guess there's friends here who could use the other stuff? Beh.

Oh right and my pants will be filled to the brim with stuff as well.

Escaping India for good?

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited May 2010
    Escaping India for good?
    Noooo, I love it here, just a tad bit too warm in the summer. I also have a shitton of stuff to do back home, so I can graduate soon. I wish I could just stay for a few days longer, but it's not in the cards.

Aldo on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010

uggggh

I have a huge problem with this

when I watched my room mate play assassin's creed 2 i got really upset because he just jumped around and murdered italians instead of picking up the collection stuff

i was so pissed he was having a blast
    I was like this whenever I would play games with my friends

Nerdgasmic on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, after a week of hot sunshine, this Saturday morning is cold and grey. Wonderful!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ugh my firefox not opening PDFs in-browser is starting to REALLY get on my nerves

i dont know what setting i fucked up or disabled, but I would really rather not have to download pdf links to my hard drive and then manually open them

Arch on
    edited May 2010
    I wish my saturday was cold and grey. :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    ugh my firefox not opening PDFs in-browser is starting to REALLY get on my nerves

i dont know what setting i fucked up or disabled, but I would really rather not have to download pdf links to my hard drive and then manually open them

I think you can change that behavior in Tools>Options>Programs.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

I think you can change that behavior in Tools>Options>Programs.

oh hey

thanks

i r the dumb

Arch on
    edited May 2010
    We already know that you are the dumb, mr. totodile.

Nerdgasmic on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2010
    20070416.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.