As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UFC Undisputed 2010

gameworkergameworker Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this one so far. I'm looking at picking it up (last year's was fun) but would love to get some impressions from the people here before I do. So, anyone bought this yet?

gameworker on

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I'm really wondering about career mode. Does it still have that absolutely stupid spike in difficulty?

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was also wondering why there wasn't a thread because I was hoping to find some PA'ers that had this on the PS3. I figured there would at least be a small group of people looking to start an online Wangjitsu camp or something but I picked the game up and if you liked last years game you will definitely like this years. It is a pretty good update from last years game as they added Online Fight Camps(Compete with other camps, spar with team members during your career mode,etc), complete fighting style customization in career mode and CAF which is done by inviting camps and then learning moves in a sparring match so your not stuck with just one standing/ground skill you literally map out your entire moveset for every possible position.

Long story short if you are on the fence about buying this and you liked UFC Undisputed 2009 you will most definitely enjoy UFC 2010. Just read a review or two because they did alot more than putting together a 100+ fighter roster and slapping 2010 on the cover. Im sure some of you guys picked this up and nobody has made a formal OP but if you have it for the PS3 send me a friend request my PSN tag is in the sig.

I haven't really notice a huge spike in career mode and my fighter is 28-7. 3 losses to the champion GSP, 1 to james wilkes, thiago alves, josh koscheck and jon fitch. I pretty much have trouble with the guys that I know I am going to have trouble with because of the certain areas that my fighter lacks skill in but after training up said areas the fights have become easier. I think the jump in difficulty closely resembles the jump in competition in the UFC when you compare the #10 fighter in a weight class to the #1(i.e. Mike Swick - GSP) or if you were a UFC Fighter and had to fight Koscheck or GSP and have sub-par takedown defense and ground grappling. I have yet to beat GSP but I know I can beat him I just have to switch up my gameplan and focus more on avoiding his takedowns instead of camping out in clinch range trying to get a flash KO with an elbow.

Lehman on
    Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What fighting style are in this time?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Everything you could imagine im not sure how many camps(40-50) but every camp has a set of moves and that is how you fill your movelist. In career mode you have Training(boost Strength/Cardio/Speed), Sparring which gives points to spend on techniques(Punching Offense/Def, Kicks off/def, Clinch striking, clinch grappling, ground striking, ground grappling, takedown, submission etc etc), Camp Invite (This is where you learn your moves in a sparring session from the very basic L1+Kick command to what different punches kicks you do when you step a certain way or sway etc etc), Game Plan (has like 8 choices which you can choose from depending on who your fighting and increases/decreases certain stats for your upcoming fight).

Basically if you want to do an overhand right like Chuck Liddel, a double leg takedown like Koscheck, rubber guard like a Gracie, a spinning backfist like Matt Serra, a clinch uppercut like rampage, and a lunging right hook like Shogun or a spinning back kick like Machida you can do that with ONE fighter. Not sure how many moves you can learn as I dont have alot but im assuming you can have a move for every specific action you make outside of an unmodified punch or kick.

Lehman on
    Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)