As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a comic book series from the 90ies

FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had a tidbit of my childhood memories resurface and it's been nagging me the entire time.

I dimly remember a sort of comic book that was out during the 90ies. I can only remember a few select things. Hell, for all I know it might have been a Germany-specific thing.

The general tone was very grimdark and graphic. Like, people getting ripped apart, close ups of fleshwounds and that jazz. If I'm not mistaken the story was about a boy who got sucked into another dimension. He meets some kind of boar-man who is willing to help him find a way back home. In one of the first issues they also meet a guy who promptly gets ripped to shreds by a bunch of lake sirens/monsters.

Another thing that comic had going were collectible monster cards. They would have a picture of the monster in question and a bit of (pretty informative) text about its origin myth, i.e. how zombies are "made" by voodoo-poison-powder.

Sadly, that is all I can recall. Any clues?

I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
Ferrus on

• Options
    ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sounds a lot like the Ancestral Trail. Came in 26 installments, with a sci fi followup series. I have all of the original buried at home somewhere but got sick of it during the sequel.

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png