As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2 connection woes!

MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I just kicked Bad Company 2 back up after a couple months, updated it, went to go play and I can't join a single server(been trying for about 1/2 an hour). Thought maybe it was punkbuster, so reinstalled/updated that. No dice, is this still happening to people?

Can anyone recommend a course of action?

MindLib on

• AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are the servers blanked out so you can't see what the playercount or map is? Or does it look normal but is just not connecting?

Asiina on
  • MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    Are the servers blanked out so you can't see what the playercount or map is? Or does it look normal but is just not connecting?

Everything looks absolutely normal up until I try to connect to a server, I receive:
    Connection to the game server has been lost. Please check your network connection.

My firewall is off, I made sure that the proper ports were open. I also read that some people have had success by turning off all startup programs and non-microsoft services via MSConfig, didn't work.

EDIT: It appears my single player version isn't working either. When I attempt to start a single player game it just sticks at the "Please Wait..." screen.

I think has something to do with my OS being 64-bit (XP). When I did search for the problem, seems other 64-bit users are having this issue. When I had Bad Company 2 previously working it was on a 32-bit Vista. Would really hate to have to wipe to play this game again.

MindLib on
  • MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bump, if you don't mind.

I've tried updating my card drivers and getting all the latest windows updates. Still no progress, apparently there are some people who have no trouble playing the game on XP 64-bit, but there are just as many who do. I guess I'll commit myself to a wipe, probably move back to Vista if no one has any brilliant ideas.

That being the case, can anyone suggest which version of Windows I should get? I have 64-bit hardware architecture but should I just say screw it and go with 32-bit to avoid these issues?

MindLib on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Windows 7 x64.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Windows 7 x64.

This.

Ramen Noodle on