As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Foundation WANTS YOU (to register for D-Class duty)

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-231 - An example of how something is scarier when you make up its details for yourself.

Oh holy shit
    Six Class D Personnel with backgrounds as convicted sex offenders are to be assigned to SCP-231-7 each month for the purposes of carrying out Procedure 110-Montauk.

i dont even

Oh, 231
    Nobody is prepared for that one

Grey Ghost on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    eh, 231 isn't that bad

835, on the other hand, is a bit off-putting

BugBoy on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I kind of like the more mundane ones myself

Like the Rope To Heaven

Or fuckin God

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited May 2010
    Harrier do you have links to those

Grey Ghost on
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-343
    SCP-343, colloquially nicknamed 'God' by the staff here, looks like an older man, although his features are different to each observer. In my first talk with him, he claimed outright to be the creator of the universe. When I asked him to prove this, he laughed, walked through the wall of the chamber, and returned seconds later with a hamburger in his hand.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bloodlake rules
    SCP-354-15: Feline-esque creature composed of a blue-hued crystalline structure later revealed to be ice. Was able to jump above the walled enclosure and was agile enough to dodge most gunfire. Was actively hostile and mauled any personnel that engaged it. Subject engaged SCP-354-16 upon its emergence from the pool and was terminated in the fight.

SCP-354-16: Feline-esque creature composed of a dark red-black stone later revealed to be partially solidified magma. Gunfire proved mostly ineffective against its hide. Was not hostile to personnel and did not attempt to escape the walled enclosure until being engaged by SCP-354-15. Successfully terminated SCP-354-15 and grew less active as its body cooled. After fully solidifying and having remained motionless since, subject was moved to Dr. ██████'s office for aesthetic purposes.

mensch-o-matic on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-231 - An example of how something is scarier when you make up its details for yourself.

Oh holy shit
    Six Class D Personnel with backgrounds as convicted sex offenders are to be assigned to SCP-231-7 each month for the purposes of carrying out Procedure 110-Montauk.

i dont even

Oh, 231
    Nobody is prepared for that one

I guess I sort of get the "fill in the blanks" idea.

But then I have no idea what is wrong with 231-7 and assume
    rape calms her down?

Bucketman on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think
    there's some sort of monster in 231, waiting to be born. Rape prevents it from emerging

BugBoy on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    once I sat down and decided to read through these in order

it took me like three days and I got to like 700

TRUE STORY

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, while it takes quite a bit longer to read than most articles, I really like SCP-093 and its associated test logs at the bottom of the article. You could almost write a novel out of that.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited May 2010
    I was just reading 93 a little while ago

It's one of the better ones, I think

BugBoy on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bloodlake rules
    SCP-354-15: Feline-esque creature composed of a blue-hued crystalline structure later revealed to be ice. Was able to jump above the walled enclosure and was agile enough to dodge most gunfire. Was actively hostile and mauled any personnel that engaged it. Subject engaged SCP-354-16 upon its emergence from the pool and was terminated in the fight.

SCP-354-16: Feline-esque creature composed of a dark red-black stone later revealed to be partially solidified magma. Gunfire proved mostly ineffective against its hide. Was not hostile to personnel and did not attempt to escape the walled enclosure until being engaged by SCP-354-15. Successfully terminated SCP-354-15 and grew less active as its body cooled. After fully solidifying and having remained motionless since, subject was moved to Dr. ██████'s office for aesthetic purposes.

I swear I read this and was like

"Oh it's a pool that makes murderous pokemans"

Abracadaniel on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
    edited May 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I think
    there's some sort of monster in 231, waiting to be born. Rape prevents it from emerging
    they were talking about an apocalypse so i'm fairly certain that its not just A monster, but the antichrist. or at least a gateway to hell

mensch-o-matic on
    edited May 2010
    I think
    they were talking about an apocalypse so i'm fairly certain that its not just A monster, but the antichrist. or at least a gateway to hell

My favorite gateway to hell is http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-616

Raiden333 on
    edited May 2010
    Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »

oh hey, it's the bloop

BugBoy on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, the best ones are the ones that somehow incorporate weird events from real life history, like that one and the entry for the knife that killed Kitty Genovese that I posted earlier.

Raiden333 on
    edited May 2010

nice incorporation of
    the Bloop

mensch-o-matic on
    edited May 2010
    I think

Seven brides, Seven Seals

Each one worst than the last, and she's number 7

Grey Ghost on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    I do not understand the appeal of tvtropes in the slightest

at least these have fun little stories attached sometimes

I don't think anyone really understands the appeal.

Not even the fans.

It's simply very amusing for reasons unknown.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited May 2010
    I've considering making an entry or two a few times in my day

but I get to the point where I think "What'll you write about?" and I just kinda go duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2010
    Try to write one about SE++

Grey Ghost on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Try to write one about SE++

The Heat Death Of Human Interaction

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've considering making an entry or two a few times in my day

but I get to the point where I think "What'll you write about?" and I just kinda go duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was reading their FAQ page for new members, and to be honest they seem like they're kind of hostile

But they produce some pretty cool stuff as a community, so I guess I shouldn't question their methods!

Didgeridoo on
    edited May 2010
    I can understand hostile

like how many people see this and go MAN IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS TO MAKE AN ARTICLE ABOUT A MAGIC DICK

and how many times could you delete that shit before it embittered you

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SCP 979: Refers to itself as SE++. Appears to be a combination of various sentient personas, which it calls posters. Capable of communication via any internet-enabled device.

Has driven several Class-4 employees insane.

Attempts to destroy it with even the deadliest of SCP's have failed.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My one dislike about this site is that since it refers to things by numbers almost everywhere, whenever it goes "don't cross SCP-XXX with SCP-YYY" I gotta go ugh and reread SCP-XXX to remember what it's talking about.

Scooter on
    edited May 2010
    Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2010
    Hahaha god dammit
    I got Bel-Air'd

Grey Ghost on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would watch a bat shit crazy TV show based on this.

Like Super Jail meets Warehouse 13/Fringe

Bucketman on
    edited May 2010
    I can understand hostile

like how many people see this and go MAN IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS TO MAKE AN ARTICLE ABOUT A MAGIC DICK

and how many times could you delete that shit before it embittered you

yeah, they got pretty angry

BugBoy on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There should be an SCP which is basically Bruce Lee.

They confined him because no one could beat his kung fu.

Centipede Damascus on
    edited May 2010
    but that's impossible

bruce lee jumped to the moon

that is where he is

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure an organization like this is in possession of at least one secret moon base.

Centipede Damascus on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think

My best guess is that it's an innocence thing.
    The "seven seals" can only be born from an innocent and she has to be brutally raped or otherwise completely emotionally distraught and forcibly emasculated to prevent it. The article talks about her starting to become accustomed to the "procedure" so it's not working any more so they give her an amnesiac so that it's an entirely new horror to her every week. It's not the rape itself that prevents it, it's the horror of her plight

entirely fucked up.

#pipe on
    edited May 2010
    but that's impossible

bruce lee jumped to the moon

that is where he is

Special SCP Foundation Moon Base 1
    edit: FUCK YOU CENT

Grey Ghost on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I had 2 I never got to the writing stage
    One was a boy who harbored a parasite which replaced his blood and is using him as a cocoon of sorts

The other was a creature that feeds on DNA and as it stalks it's prey over it's life cycle it becomes some sort of insectiod ish clone.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The termination experiments on the unkillable lizard linked on the first page are pretty entertaining, if only because I imagine it as godzilla that yells obscenities at anything trying to kill it.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png