As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Round 1: Framling vs Volyu (minus Volyu)

LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunchesModerator, ClubPA mod
edited June 2010 in Social Entropy++
Framling:
Day 4: We have arrived at the fabled Cave of Madness, tasked by the noble King Larauld to vanquish the mysterious Framitaur and claim its riches for the the Entropian Kingdom. We have established a base just inside the mouth of the cave. The flickering light of our camp's fire reveals nought but twisting passages, branching and winding into darkness. For now, weary from days of travel, we rest.
Day 9: Alistair, one of our guides, went missing yesterday, becoming lost in these damned tunnels. Half a dozen men ventured forth to find him, but to no avail. The walls of this bedeviled place seem to absorb all sound. Shouts and calls from more then three bends or forks seem to be swallowed up. This forced us to limit our search for poor Alistair, for fear of losing more party members.
Day 12: While supplies remain abundant, we have worryingly seen no sign of the dreaded Framitaur. In fact, there has been no sign of any life within the confines of this forsaken cavern. Not even the hardiest vermin could subsist on the dust that carpets the cavern floor. No lichens grow on these featureless gray walls.
Day 20: After more than a fortnight's search, we at last perceived our first sign of the presence of the terrifying beast rumored to haunt this foul place. Last night, as most of our party slept, a blood-chilling call sounded through the cave, waking everyone. Our guards saw only gray walls and pitch black tunnels, but with these tunnels' propensity for deadening all sound, I fear the beast must have been worryingly close indeed.
Day 22: The last of our casks of whiskey has been tapped. I fear our expedition may have no choice but to turn back. I have sent scouts back to ensure our path to the surface is clear.
Day 25: Our supplies are dangerously low. More worryingly, our scouts have returned to us, out of the tunnels we had believed led further into cave. I have ordered our full withdrawal to commence with all haste.
Day 33: Supplies have run out. Discipline is breaking down, and there has been no definite progress in our withdrawal. I hesitate to put it down in words, but I must confess that despite the best efforts of our guides and trackers, we are truly lost.
Day 37: I became aware of plans of mutiny by Sylveste, one of my most trusted lieutenants, and I regrettably had no choice but to execute him to maintain order. I fear that if we do not soon reach the surface, discipline will break down entirely, and none of us will emerge alive.
Day 44: The expedition is now an incontrovertible failure, and I can but hope I will somehow escape this foul place with my wits intact. To my great sorrow, I learned that Broussard, not Sylveste, had been heading the conspiracy against me. My execution of Sylveste served only to steel the resolve of Broussard and his conspirators. Last night, they made an attempt on my life and I was forced to flee. In the commotion, I was struck in the ankle, and my progress has been slowed. I have every reason to believe, however, that my former party will make no attempt to follow me, wishing only to escape themselves.
Day 6: Fuck that monster, I'm gon' kick his ASS!
Day 50: I stumbled upon a most worrying artifact today, in the form of a torn-out page from my own journal. The page is dated from near the beginning of the expedition, but I have no recollection of writing it. It is in my own handwriting, but is of dramatically uncharacteristic tone. The worrying implications of this artifact have been turning in my head ever since. Did I actually write this entry so long ago? If so, how did I stumble upon it now? Could these infernal tunnels be rearranging themselves around me? Why the drastically different tone? Could this be simply a sign of some form of madness, whether recent, or long-lived? Has this foul place driven me mad, or did madness drive me here?
Day 62: I found Alistair, or at least his mortal remains. One of his arms was missing, and his remaining hand was clutching the severed leg of someone unknown, but at this point, neither of these incomprehensibilities worries me. At least, neither worries me as much as the unthinkable thing I must do now. I can only try to reassure myself that I have no choice, and that my actions will ensure that Alistair's death shall not be entirely in vain.
Day 69: Despite my best efforts at rationing, I am now, again, out of food. I have given up hope of escaping and am now staggering onward out of a lack of any other possible options.
Day F$: gnawing stomach. gnawing on bones. throat so dry. want death why wont death come please death take m please
Dy8:8:: light see light so bright blinding light crawling to light please let me out of this place please beautiful light
skeleton.jpg

[vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoc1dq9DJ4"]Prisoner 24602[/vidURL]

iwantanswers3.png
Larlar on

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    dammit framling

natek on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    FUCKING GODDAMMIT VOLYU! YOU FUCKING SHITBAG!!

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Using quote to read that i guess

NeoToma on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    FUCKING GODDAMMIT VOLYU! YOU FUCKING SHITBAG!!

wah ha ha ha ha

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    is it just meant to be nested spoilers or are pictures not loading for me or what

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    in the defense of posts i choose framling

jesus fucking christ why would you do that to me

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Using quote to read that i guess

Yeah, pretty much.

ASimPerson on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I cheated and just hit quote and am reading it in the new reply window.

Blake T on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ohhhh there IS stuff in those spoilers

how annoying

can I still vote for Volyu

Vivixenne on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fram this is pretty fucking annoying to read even with pressing quote.

Blake T on
    edited May 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »

how annoying

no, but there is a wonderful "what the hell, Framling" option in the poll just for your voting pleasure

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    edited May 2010
    So wait was this written from Volyu's perspective?

Blake T on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hell, that was a lot of spoiler tags. Mind if I just put it in one big one?
    Framling wrote:
    Day 4: We have arrived at the fabled Cave of Madness, tasked by the noble King Larauld to vanquish the mysterious Framitaur and claim its riches for the the Entropian Kingdom. We have established a base just inside the mouth of the cave. The flickering light of our camp's fire reveals nought but twisting passages, branching and winding into darkness. For now, weary from days of travel, we rest.

Day 9: Alistair, one of our guides, went missing yesterday, becoming lost in these damned tunnels. Half a dozen men ventured forth to find him, but to no avail. The walls of this bedeviled place seem to absorb all sound. Shouts and calls from more then three bends or forks seem to be swallowed up. This forced us to limit our search for poor Alistair, for fear of losing more party members.

Day 12: While supplies remain abundant, we have worryingly seen no sign of the dreaded Framitaur. In fact, there has been no sign of any life within the confines of this forsaken cavern. Not even the hardiest vermin could subsist on the dust that carpets the cavern floor. No lichens grow on these featureless gray walls.

Day 20: After more than a fortnight's search, we at last perceived our first sign of the presence of the terrifying beast rumored to haunt this foul place. Last night, as most of our party slept, a blood-chilling call sounded through the cave, waking everyone. Our guards saw only gray walls and pitch black tunnels, but with these tunnels' propensity for deadening all sound, I fear the beast must have been worryingly close indeed.

Day 22: The last of our casks of whiskey has been tapped. I fear our expedition may have no choice but to turn back. I have sent scouts back to ensure our path to the surface is clear.

Day 25: Our supplies are dangerously low. More worryingly, our scouts have returned to us, out of the tunnels we had believed led further into cave. I have ordered our full withdrawal to commence with all haste.

Day 33: Supplies have run out. Discipline is breaking down, and there has been no definite progress in our withdrawal. I hesitate to put it down in words, but I must confess that despite the best efforts of our guides and trackers, we are truly lost.

Day 37: I became aware of plans of mutiny by Sylveste, one of my most trusted lieutenants, and I regrettably had no choice but to execute him to maintain order. I fear that if we do not soon reach the surface, discipline will break down entirely, and none of us will emerge alive.

Day 44: The expedition is now an incontrovertible failure, and I can but hope I will somehow escape this foul place with my wits intact. To my great sorrow, I learned that Broussard, not Sylveste, had been heading the conspiracy against me. My execution of Sylveste served only to steel the resolve of Broussard and his conspirators. Last night, they made an attempt on my life and I was forced to flee. In the commotion, I was struck in the ankle, and my progress has been slowed. I have every reason to believe, however, that my former party will make no attempt to follow me, wishing only to escape themselves.

Day 50: I stumbled upon a most worrying artifact today, in the form of a torn-out page from my own journal. The page is dated from near the beginning of the expedition, but I have no recollection of writing it. It is in my own handwriting, but is of dramatically uncharacteristic tone. The worrying implications of this artifact have been turning in my head ever since. Did I actually write this entry so long ago? If so, how did I stumble upon it now? Could these infernal tunnels be rearranging themselves around me? Why the drastically different tone? Could this be simply a sign of some form of madness, whether recent, or long-lived? Has this foul place driven me mad, or did madness drive me here?

Day 62: I found Alistair, or at least his mortal remains. One of his arms was missing, and his remaining hand was clutching the severed leg of someone unknown, but at this point, neither of these incomprehensibilities worries me. At least, neither worries me as much as the unthinkable thing I must do now. I can only try to reassure myself that I have no choice, and that my actions will ensure that Alistair's death shall not be entirely in vain.

Day 69: Despite my best efforts at rationing, I am now, again, out of food. I have given up hope of escaping and am now staggering onward out of a lack of any other possible options.

Day F$: gnawing stomach. gnawing on bones. throat so dry. want death why wont death come please death take m please

Dy8:8:: light see light so bright blinding light crawling to light please let me out of this place please beautiful light

skeleton.jpg

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Larlar wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »

how annoying

no, but there is a wonderful "what the hell, Framling" option in the poll just for your voting pleasure

yeah but

it's not the same

but okay

also Fiz thank you, that is cool of you

Vivixenne on
    edited May 2010
    Version for babies, with the dead ends taken out.
    skeleton.jpg

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Framling your version still has too many of those spoiler tags :x

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited May 2010
    And yeah, it's supposed to be from Volyu's perspective, but then all the actual Volyu-related shit ended up getting edited out, which I realized later. And then I thought, "Oh well, not like it's going to win anyway."

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited May 2010
    joke's on you! (and everyone else)

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fram I think you should just make another one of these for next round.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fram that spoiler maze reminded me of some House of Leaves level shit.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It was a neat idea, I guess, but it could've done with a LOT less empty spoilers.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited May 2010
    The moral of the story here is that Fram is super boring and you will die before something interesting happens with him.

Right?

Blake T on
    edited May 2010
    No, it could have done with a lot more.

I kept it under 30000 characters. I coulda put another 200 or so in there.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What the hell, Framling. (Also, Framling wins.)

Brolo on
    edited May 2010
    That's what I voted.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    da fuck is dis

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    fram your entry is fucking brilliant

Vann Diras on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was intruiged by the story, but the endless spoilers were a huge nuisance.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited May 2010
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I was intruiged by the story, but the endless spoilers were a huge nuisance.

Oh I'm sorry.

Let me help you out.

The point is over there. I think you didn't take the right turnoff.

Blake T on
    edited May 2010
    like seriously this might be my favorite entry yet

(not counting campion's)

Vann Diras on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    edited May 2010
    Seriously though Goatmon.

Go have another look.

The point is in one of the spoilers.

Blake T on
    edited May 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

Go have another look.

One of those 1098 spoilers.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Go have another look.

I opened every damn one.

For SCIENCE.

Or, ART.

For SNART.

I can't really think straight any more.

Butler on
    edited May 2010
    Butler wrote: »

Go have another look.

I opened every damn one.

For SCIENCE.

Or, ART.

For SNART.

You really shouldn't tell me that.

It'll just make me post another one.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seriously though, what the hell, Framling?

MacGuffin on
    edited May 2010
    I too went through every single spoiler.

don't really regret it though because this entry was hells of innovative

Vann Diras on
    edited May 2010
    Butler wrote: »

Go have another look.

I opened every damn one.

For SCIENCE.

Or, ART.

For SNART.

You really shouldn't tell me that.

It'll just make me post another one.

I believe I have enough data to base a model on without further sampling.

The model is: As spoiler tags tend towards infinity, this fucking sucks fuck you.

Butler on
    edited May 2010
    Seriously this is a brilliant entry. It's more a modern art installation than a forum post.

Butler on
This discussion has been closed.