As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Foundation WANTS YOU (to register for D-Class duty)

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The process of transformation has been described as excruciatingly painful. The initial bonding process causes tissue damage similar to third-degree burns, penetrating into subcutaneous fat and muscle tissue in rare cases. The "wave" described in the second stage causes extreme nausea and vomiting, along with feeling similar to burning across the skin and through internal organs. Restructuring of the nervous system causes intense stimulation of all sensory nerves, including those that transmit pain and sexual arousal. The third-stage process of transformation has a failure rate of approximately 25%. In about half of failed transformation, partial or complete obliteration of the genitals is experienced, along with lacerations of the skin and abdominal organs as they transform at slightly different rates. An additional half of failed cases result in death of the subject by severe organ trauma or internal bleeding, or partial or complete paralysis. Minor tissue damage, usually to the skin, occurs in nearly 75% of all cases. The failure rate increases exponentially for multiple exposures, often resulting in permanent damage even after successful transformation. Note that there is a significant risk of [DATA EXPUNGED] after multiple exposures.

gah

BugBoy on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    trentsteel wrote: »
    There is a list of ones that were basically removed and they never want to see any like them again.

The one I read was about some super-powerful kid-thing with a bushy fox tail.

I love the fact that rather and pretend they never got posted they kill them in fantastically elaborate fashions

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Living Lego

the last bit is hilarious

BugBoy on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Weaver wrote: »

AUCH GOD UNBLINKING BLACK EYED KID NOOOO

this is up there with the asthma cube when it comes to shit that freaks me out

mensch-o-matic on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Some of these... Do I really want to go down this rabbit hole?

Ruby Rhod on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    of course you do

i especially recommend perusing the keter section at night

mensch-o-matic on
  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't know what that word means. I think I am glad I don't know what that word means.

Ruby Rhod on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited May 2010
    i dont get it

.avi on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i still have no idea wtf a tvtrope is

Franko on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    I don't know what that word means. I think I am glad I don't know what that word means.

Keter is the designation for the objects that are fully willing and able to cause the destruction of all life on earth

Grey Ghost on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Franko wrote: »
    i still have no idea wtf a tvtrope is

Chekov's Gun
    I know, not really a tv-specific trope but w/e

Abracadaniel on
    edited May 2010
    watched the new star trek last night again and noticed a couple of things
    When Checkov is laying out his plan to sneak on the Narada, he says "If Mr. Scott can get to warp factor 4..." Readout on the viewscreen behind them reads warp 4.3 and accelerating

Then later as Kirk is sneaking though the ship, before he runs into Nero, towards the bottom of the screen you can see him holding the Romulan gun that he later gets when he goes all "I got your gun" on Ayel

Weaver on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I haven't read the thread, am I still the only person who thinks this website is stupid as hell?

NotASenator on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Harmless bits of a collaborative fiction

Abracadaniel on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I guess so.

NotASenator on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2010
    2884661029_5ae0ab4376_o.jpg

Weaver on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, any of you guys read http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/duke-till-dawn yet?

Probably the best termination story on that site. It's about Dr. Kondraki's termination of a very cliche vampire.

682 (The unkillable lizard) gets loose, fun abounds.
    EXCERPT FROM POST-INCIDENT INTERVIEW 083-CLEF-01

Interviewer: Seriously? No mistakes?

Clef: I can't really see that Dr. Kondraki made any mistakes in his termination protocol up to this point, no.

Interviewer: Seriously?

Clef: None at all. He had a primary kill mechanism, a backup plan, and a tertiary plan as well. The fact that his plan didn't survive first contact with the enemy wasn't his fault. The deaths of MTF-Rho-2 were a sad and unforeseeable consequence of the Euclid-class SCiPs being moved…

Interviewer: I see. So tell me, Dr. Clef, what if all of this wasn't part of some plan, and he'd been making it up as he went along?

Clef: <laughs> In that case, sir, I'd say that Dr. Kondraki was a suicidal fool. But he certainly wouldn't have…

Interviewer: …

Clef: … he did?

Interviewer: I have here a copy of Dr. Kondraki's termination procedure proposal. Step one is his plan to use cat urine and a pistol loaded with silver bullets. Backup plans two, three, four, And five are listed as, and I quote, 'Wing It,' 'Make Something Up,' 'Cross That Bridge When I Come To It,' and 'Put My Head Between My Knees And Kiss My Ass Goodbye.'

Clef: [EXPLETIVE REDACTED]

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ahahaha, thats great

101 on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just gonna post this here, as I'm sure there is a great SCP entry to be made of this.
    Gizmodo wrote:
    500x_undimiento.jpg

"This can't be real" was my first thought. Then I checked the source: The Guatemalan government. What you are looking at here is a sinkhole that just appeared in the Zone 2 of Ciudad de Guatemala. And it's very real.

A sinkhole is a natural depression caused by the removal of soil by water. This process can happen slowly, but sometimes the land just cracks open. In this case, the sinkhole happened suddenly. It was caused by massive waterfall from tropical storm Agatha, which is now hitting the area.

Sinkholes can go from slow depressions to apparently never ending holes like this one. Luckily, it happened in a street intersection and there are no victims.

Photo by Paulo Raquec

Cristoval on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh wow

that is amazing

Centipede Damascus on
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the earth opened its mouth

balerbower on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    D:

They've come through

Seriously on
    edited May 2010
    that it appears almost perfectly circular is the most amazing part

Centipede Damascus on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What do you even do when something like that happens? Fill up the hole with cement?

Butler For Life #1 on
    edited May 2010
    What do you even do when something like that happens? Fill up the hole with cement?

you either swim....or you sink

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

BugBoy on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    warehouse space

Seriously on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BB, that's insensitive given the catastrophic damage it did to the locale and to local businesses!

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Butler For Life #1 on
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the countywide pisshole

balerbower on
  • CabbsCabbs Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Damnit, I assumed that sinkhole wasnt real. Silly SCP's.

But apparently it is. Did that happen today? or has it only just been reported.

EDIT: That picture of a goddamn endless hole means that I am now thinking about dwarf fortress. I mean jesus how big is the cavern underneath that thing.

Cabbs on
    edited May 2010
    I hope they've put up a guardrail or a fence or something since that picture's been taken.

I hate to think about kids daring each other to spit a loogy in the pit or something

Centipede Damascus on
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Tomato2.jpg

Cristoval on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cristoval wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Tomato2.jpg

:^:

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited May 2010
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When do the demons start crawling out of it

Alternate: someone photoshop some goatse on to it

Franko on
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    hahaha, there's some good stuff in there
    Sample 887-5005: Five pages, English. 272 different misspellings of the word "anthropomorphization".

Centipede Damascus on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think my favorite experimentation log is that of "Fred" an entity who inserts himself into stories

Link to the Experiment Log is in the article there. My favorite part:
    Date: ██/██/████
    Test Material: Ulysses, by James Joyce

Results: SCP-423 immediately returned to the journal, where it wrote out "Ow, ow, bad idea."

Notes: "Note this as a potential punishment for SCP-423 if it misbehaves." - Dr. E. Mann

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.