As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Return of the [Chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    On an unrelated note I touched some reptiles today! They were neat!

What kind?

I took care of my friend's bearded dragon for a while. He was kind of like this: http://homepage.mac.com/wildlifeweb/reptile/bearded_dragon/bearded_dragon01.html

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can die in Dead Eye. People will still shoot you, it's just much slower.

Well yeah, you CAN die, but you can kill 10 people before 2 people can get a shot off.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hm... my English teacher was just like "I want to do a class activity today, so don't worry and relax." I really hope that means for me to stay at my desk, but that's what it seemed to imply.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Like I ran into some robbers so I took cover behind a rock then one guy immediately ran around me and emptied his revolver into my butt before I could react. : (

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Like I ran into some robbers so I took cover behind a rock then one guy immediately ran around me and emptied his revolver into my butt before I could react. : (

:D

Sarksus on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My friends who are huge Firefly fans are having a baby.

They're naming her Kaylee.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited June 2010
    Hey, is anybody excited for Fallout: New Vegas?

I sure am!

Feral on

edited June 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I've never watched Firefly ever.

I'm trying very hard not to.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

You should write RDR erotica

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would totally hug somebody right now.

Hugs!

This is a good day.

I wish I touched more reptiles.

Winky on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I wish the anime thread came back on, because I just finished Evangelion 2.22.

Holy Balls.

HOLY BALLS.

Do I need to have watched the first one? I heard it's identical to the series.

It's really similar, but there are a few differences in how things happen and some subtle shifts in the characterizations for just about everyone. That may not be a huge deal for you though. It also introduces some of the changes coming up in 2.22, but you it's not so much that you'd be lost just jumping into 2.0.

But it was really done well and fun to watch and you should watch it. Especially this one specifically amazing thing that you should really really watch!

Frosteey on
    edited June 2010

Why?

Feral on

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Why's that?

Winky on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

You should write RDR erotica

huff

puff

I heard we were talking about erotica and hurried over as fast as I could

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited June 2010
    My aunt's snake is no longer with us :(

Also her girlfriend dumped her but she's maybe kinda dating this Australian guy now.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Well thank god its a normalish name.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I'm picking up where I left off in watching Deadwood.

It's really hard to mentally separate this from the RDR universe.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh man

Nurse Jackie

TL DR on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Range. The Good Lord gave man long guns for a reason.

Thomamelas on
    edited June 2010

Why?

I see what it does to people

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You know when you injure yourself and you shake like you're having a seizure? That's what happening to me right now

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited June 2010

Why?

It makes us better.

I'm honestly kind of glad they cancelled it because Whedon probably would have fucked it up.

Sarksus on
    edited June 2010

Why?

All wearing dusters

Naming their kids after Firefly characters

Cursing in bad faux Chinese

Feral on

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

Holy Balls.

HOLY BALLS.

It's really similar, but there are a few differences in how things happen and some subtle shifts in the characterizations for just about everyone. That may not be a huge deal for you though. It also introduces some of the changes coming up in 2.22, but you it's not so much that you'd be lost just jumping into 2.0.

But it was really done well and fun to watch and you should watch it. Especially this one specifically amazing thing that you should really really watch!

Yeah, I'm gonna definitely watch the 2nd one, but it's not for rent until the end of the month. I'll probably just watch both movies then.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That's the problem.

When I die it's because of random encounters where I start without any.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You know when you injure yourself and you shake like you're having a seizure? That's what happening to me right now

No.... ?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
    edited June 2010

Seriously, a good rifle is the real long arm of the west. Once I got the bolt action nothing stood a chance. Well aside from fucking bears and cougars. Bears suck because you kill one, get all happy and then get thumped from behind by the other one you didn't see. They are like hills of fur and death.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2010

This is my dance, y'all, Humpty Hump's my name
    No two people will do it the same
    Ya got it down when ya appear to be in pain
    Humpin', funkin', jumpin',
    jig around, shakin' ya rump,
    and when the dude a chump pump points a finger like a stump
    tell him step off, I'm doin' the Hump.

Feral on

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

What kind?

I took care of my friend's bearded dragon for a while. He was kind of like this: http://homepage.mac.com/wildlifeweb/reptile/bearded_dragon/bearded_dragon01.html

Ummm an alligator and a skink! They had anacondas and pythons to look at they were so cool and apparently albino pythons are pretty common now in the captive population.

So It Goes on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, I'll bite goddammit. What is Evangelion 2.22?

The 2nd of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, which are essentially theatrical remakes of the original series with a shit-ton of extra stuff thrown in, including new EVAs and completely new scenarios. If you watched the original series, your brain will do about two or three double-takes when you see how A) more awesome and big budget the fights are and B) the new stuff that completely destroys future canon to the point that you have no idea what's going to happen next.

Holy Balls.

HOLY BALLS.

The first one was pretty much a straight-up remake, so it isn't required but is still kind of recommended. The second movie does things differently right from the first shot and just kicks things into overdrive.

It also includes way more character development, interaction, and growth than the entirety of the series. Rei actually emotes in this one.

Holy Balls.

HOLY BALLS.

no.

You Can [Not] Deny Its Awesomeness

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

That's the problem.

When I die it's because of random encounters where I start without any.

Use your horse then. Speed to get some range and then turn and use Dead Eye to cap three or four of them with your rifle. Just remember how many shots it takes that gun to usually kill and give them those.

Thomamelas on
    edited June 2010

I had forgotten that. Thanks for bringing it back you silly goose.

Thomamelas on
    edited June 2010

What kind?

Ummm an alligator and a skink! They had anacondas and pythons to look at they were so cool and apparently albino pythons are pretty common now in the captive population.

Wow. I've never touched an alligator.

There's an albino alligator at the California Academy of Sciences. I want to pet him, but you can't get close enough.

Feral on

edited June 2010

I had forgotten that. Thanks for bringing it back you silly goose.

Don't call it a comeback
    I been here for years
    Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
    Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
    Listen to the bass go BOOM

Feral on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010

that doesn't happen to normal people

mutant

Organichu on
    edited June 2010
    Also isn't there some sort of fast travel thing for RDR? I got a tooltip about it once but can't seem to find any documentation

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2010

What kind?

Wow. I've never touched an alligator.

There's an albino alligator at the California Academy of Sciences. I want to pet him, but you can't get close enough.

Coolest thing I ever did with regards to animals is I got to go behind the scenes at the woodland park zoos nocturnal exhibit. And before they closed it down the bastards.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2010
    Also isn't there some sort of fast travel thing for RDR? I got a tooltip about it once but can't seem to find any documentation

You want the wagon wheels with the ! in them. Those are the stagecoaches. You can also ride the train.

Thomamelas on
    edited June 2010

Fast travel either by using stage coaches or while in the wilderness use your camp site. You can save at the camp site and also select a destination to fast travel to.

Don't fast travel, though, because that breaks the immersion!

Sarksus on
    edited June 2010

Three options, one when you're at your camp you can instant travel, two you can hop on a stage coach and pay a fee and instant travel, three you can instant travel on trains but that requires the train to be there.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.