As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Return of the [Chat]

1464748495052»

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    So I'm pretty sure nobody here cares but something terrible happened in my home tonight and I got kicked out.

Kicked out of your house? What the hell? :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My new roommate has turned up the music loud enough to wake up the whole neighborhood.
    When the cops come, I hope they arrest him.

:(

I've had that roommate before. Hope yours slips and hits his head on a brick wall.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, I'll bite goddammit. What is Evangelion 2.22?

The 2nd of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, which are essentially theatrical remakes of the original series with a shit-ton of extra stuff thrown in, including new EVAs and completely new scenarios. If you watched the original series, your brain will do about two or three double-takes when you see how A) more awesome and big budget the fights are and B) the new stuff that completely destroys future canon to the point that you have no idea what's going to happen next.

I wonder if it's going to follow the current manga more, then? I saw a bit of what Mazzyx was reading when he was here and it looks properly fucked up.

Edit: MANGA SPOILER
    Like, Gendo ate Adam and now can generate his own AT fields with the weird eye thing in his hand as people are storming and slaughtering NERV

Honestly, after the 2nd movie's ending (vague spoiler)
    it's going to follow its own continuity. The previews only strengthen this.

Ok.

Yeah, now that I think of it, the new pilot in the 2nd movie isn't even in the manga. If I'm gonna read an Eva manga, I'm gonna stick to Puchi Eva.

It really goes beyond the inclusion of a new pilot. I'll be surprised if they insert anything else from the TV series after the stuff that happens.

I could get into specifics but it will really take the fun out of watching it.

Also Angelic Days is a pretty good manga, especially with
    Shinji and Asuka being a cute couple

Hm... never heard of that manga, but I'm still kinda behind on the ones I have. Just started into Mushishi volume 1 (fuck that's hard to read >.<) and Kurosagi volume 3/4 (arg legalise!!).

I need to find some more good series about supernatural things, a la xxxHolic.

Once you get past the whole fanfic feel to it (they all go to highschool as childhood friends, and yet still pilot EVAs for some reason), the character growth makes it a worthwhile read.

In fact, the 2nd movie incorporates quite a bit from the manga, especially as far as Asuka goes.

Seriously, Asuka is fuck-awesome(er) in the new movie.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My new roommate has turned up the music loud enough to wake up the whole neighborhood.
    When the cops come, I hope they arrest him.

:(

I've had that roommate before. Hope yours slips and hits his head on a brick wall.

I get that FCC's roommate is a dick, but that's no reason to encourage police brutality

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2010

The 2nd of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, which are essentially theatrical remakes of the original series with a shit-ton of extra stuff thrown in, including new EVAs and completely new scenarios. If you watched the original series, your brain will do about two or three double-takes when you see how A) more awesome and big budget the fights are and B) the new stuff that completely destroys future canon to the point that you have no idea what's going to happen next.

I wonder if it's going to follow the current manga more, then? I saw a bit of what Mazzyx was reading when he was here and it looks properly fucked up.

Like, Gendo ate Adam and now can generate his own AT fields with the weird eye thing in his hand as people are storming and slaughtering NERV

Ok.

Yeah, now that I think of it, the new pilot in the 2nd movie isn't even in the manga. If I'm gonna read an Eva manga, I'm gonna stick to Puchi Eva.

It really goes beyond the inclusion of a new pilot. I'll be surprised if they insert anything else from the TV series after the stuff that happens.

Hm... never heard of that manga, but I'm still kinda behind on the ones I have. Just started into Mushishi volume 1 (fuck that's hard to read >.<) and Kurosagi volume 3/4 (arg legalise!!).

Once you get past the whole fanfic feel to it (they all go to highschool as childhood friends, and yet still pilot EVAs for some reason), the character growth makes it a worthwhile read.

In fact, the 2nd movie incorporates quite a bit from the manga, especially as far as Asuka goes.

Ah, cool. :)

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    So I'm pretty sure nobody here cares but something terrible happened in my home tonight and I got kicked out.

Need a place to crash?

I'm only

oh

roughly 3000 miles away. :(

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    huff

huff

morning run complete

my feet still hurt from yesterday

and I can't breef

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait has tHe 2nd Eva redux movie been released? They seem like an easy way to watch the series without knowing that the original terrible ending is nigh.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wait has tHe 2nd Eva redux movie been released? They seem like an easy way to watch the series without knowing that the original terrible ending is nigh.

Out on DVD in Japan like a week or two ago.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Ok.

Ah, cool. :)

Naw man, I have to emphasize things here: This is the most awesome Evangelion experience yet. I have no idea how they will possibly be able to top themselves with two more movies to go, but the wait for the third act is going to be a really painful one.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Poison_AppleayjStandard.png

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Why is there always one roommate who takes over the whole common area and has a cat that pisses everywhere is is in general a Mongoloid.

Law of averages, and those people tend to just impose on others.
    But you essentially have to be a child to think those things are okay.

Well of course fuzzy, people like that think only of themselves. I mean I'm selfish, but I at least attempt to stay out of other peoples way.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Poison_AppleayjStandard.png

niiiiiiiiiiice

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man the iPhone is annoying to web browse on but portable. The ipad is just worthless for anything. What I need is an iPhone sized device which folds out into a muh larger browsing surface. Or has a holographic projector built in.

I wonder if you could fit like, a stack of articulated oled or epaper screens in the form factor that could slide out to a muh larger surface.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2010
    217505988_tymKz-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.