As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sign Up CLOSED] Phallanoia!

• frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I !sign up

This is going to be great, though anybody debating balance has to realize this is not going to be a serious game.

frandelgearslip on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    With those Zappers, unpopular Phalla players won't be around for long.

I might as well !sign up.

I'll be surprised if I make it past the first hour.

Haha, Shamus.

How many zap shots do you think the two of us can take for the team on day 1? Here's to seeing the looks on everyone's face when the lights dim after day 1 from so much zapping and we're the only two casualties.

Since this looks to be a short game, I can do this.

I !sign up

EDIT: Now that I think about it, who wants to bet this game ends in like 24 hours and how many people want to guess that the first 2 pages are like 50% public zap requests?

Ardor on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    I !sign up

Unknown User on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

Haha, Shamus.

How many zap shots do you think the two of us can take for the team on day 1? Here's to seeing the looks on everyone's face when the lights dim after day 1 from so much zapping and we're the only two casualties.

I !sign up

EDIT: Now that I think about it, who wants to bet this game ends in like 24 hours and how many people want to guess that the first 2 pages are like 50% public zap requests?

Zaps are public though.

Edit: NM. :P

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

Haha, Shamus.

I !sign up

Zaps are public though.

Edit: NM. :P

I think it would've been more humorous to have the zapping done by pm the first day and occurs after narration. Lights dim, Shamus and Ardor used to be with us, instead, everyone is standing around two piles of ash with their zappers out.

Ardor on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was going to pass, but then I realized this game will probably be really short.

Question: will the bad guys have the !Zap ability as well?

EDIT: Forgot to !sign up.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I !sign up

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I !sign up.

precisionk on
  • V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I !Sign Up!!!!

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • Fred CheeseFred Cheese __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I !sign up
    lurking been waiting for this

Fred Cheese on
    edited April 2007
    It's going to be funny when the only players left standing after the first day are the ones who've never played before.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited April 2007
    I already think this is going to be a hilarious game to watch as it unfolds. I think I've got a deal for a couple people that'll add some flavor too.

Ardor on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, this would be great game to be Athan.

Elendil on
  • life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think it's time to get my feet wet in this phalla; love the premise!

I !sign up!

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
    edited April 2007
    I will make this game legendary.

precisionk on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The zapping sounds like it will be the stuff of Phalla legend. Either everyone's gonna shoot the person to their left or everyone's going to fire on one guy and see what happens. The blasters are going to get a workout.

And I want in on it.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited April 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    The zapping sounds like it will be the stuff of Phalla legend. Either everyone's gonna shoot the person to their left or everyone's going to fire on one guy and see what happens. The blasters are going to get a workout.

And I want in on it.

You know, that brings up an interesting idea. We should put forth 2 votes on the first day. A red vote for who should be executed and a green vote with who gets to be on the receiving end of everyone's blasters.

Ardor on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am planning on zapping whoever turns out be the second Assamite in the VtM game. I don't know who you are, but you are DEAD.

Or maybe I'll just zap Ardor. He's so upset he hasn't died in the other game yet...

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Damn, I can't wait to zap someone. Really, there are SO many good candidates! Even if I get zapped in the first round, I still get to zap someone right? Zapping seems fun!!!!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Damn, I can't wait to zap someone. Really, there are SO many good candidates! Even if I get zapped in the first round, I still get to zap someone right? Zapping seems fun!!!!

That would be a scary game. Zaps happen instantly and the Zappee can't respond by Zapping anybody himself...

Though doing something similiar but allowing them to only Zap back the person who targeted them could lead to a pretty interesting power balance...

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    watching.jpg

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys, I think we should zap precisionk.

Monsters have a history of convincing us to pointlessly zap precisionk.

We aren't falling for it this time, oh no!

Elendil on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

That would be a scary game. Zaps happen instantly and the Zappee can't respond by Zapping anybody himself...

Though doing something similiar but allowing them to only Zap back the person who targeted them could lead to a pretty interesting power balance...

If you are going down you should be able to get one last strike at someone... that would be interesting. One person starts out with a zap and the person he zaps can zap someone else until theres one person left. I wonder who would win... it would be like a reverse popularity contest ;p

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

With everyone as a vigilante, the vote will have little-no effect at first anyway. No need to convince anyone that someone needs zapping!

It'll be funny if like 60% of people zap someone in the first round, and the blaster have a 50% chance of backfiring or something.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This should be awesome retarded. !signed up

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wenchkilla wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

With everyone as a vigilante, the vote will have little-no effect at first anyway. No need to convince anyone that someone needs zapping!

It'll be funny if like 60% of people zap someone in the first round, and the blaster have a 50% chance of backfiring or something.

I expect the failure rate of zaps to be extremely high. The obvious alternatives are backfiring, hitting another target (whether random or by some convoluted logic), or just missing/not working entirely. Given what I've heard about Paranoia, I'm hoping to see some wacky side effects too.

Smasher on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I !Sign Up

(((See the public !zap means that you will be very suspect and if you can't explain it well you will probably die the next day, then again thats paranoia in a nutshell. )))

I definitely do not trust my computer issued zap gun, it was probably sabotaged to kill whatever the last clone that used it ... maybe it DID kill the last clone that used it. It may have even killed MY last clone!

:shock:

Are you a communist Zap gun? ANSWER ME! Not talking ehhh? I've got my eye on you, my Zap Gun!

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Hmm... Paranoia.

You and I have a long and sordid history.

Rather than kneejerk !join, will debate if I should join based on the comments by others in prior "death" thread for Phalla. (a bloo bloo bloo)

Would probably be helpful to start with some high-clearance reflec, presuming I start at said clearance of said reflec.

Squashua on
    edited April 2007
    I have a hard time seeing how the !zaps will resolve instantly, since the GM has to handle it.
    ElderCat wrote: »
    (((See the public !zap means that you will be very suspect and if you can't
    explain it well you will probably die the next day, then again thats paranoia in a nutshell. )))

More likely, almost everyone will use their !zap gun the first day, and no meaningful data will result.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited April 2007
    Squashua, I suggest you join simply because if you let us get it out of our system in this game, you may not have to worry about being killed the first day in the next game.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yea, you should see if you can compete with Precision K and find out who gets the most Zaps aimed at you!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Friend Computer, I !sign up!

I hope I live longer than four hours this time. Considering the zappers though, I don't know... I still think the idea of standing in a circle and firing at the person on their left is fun - I wonder if that'll happen? Do zaps get resolved immediately or only at the end of the night? It'll be madness either way. Go go spreadsheet power!

Kill Priority at end of night will be All ZAP Simultaneously then Mutant and Commie Actions Simultaneously. Oh, and then the Village Vote.

Yes, you read that right, and no I am not joking.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

I hope I live longer than four hours this time. Considering the zappers though, I don't know... I still think the idea of standing in a circle and firing at the person on their left is fun - I wonder if that'll happen? Do zaps get resolved immediately or only at the end of the night? It'll be madness either way. Go go spreadsheet power!

Kill Priority at end of night will be All ZAP Simultaneously then Mutant and Commie Actions Simultaneously.

Excellent, that's just how I hoped it would be for maximum ease of following the game.

Since you're here, can you answer my earlier question: Do the Mutant and the Commies get !Zap guns?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Squashua, I suggest you join simply because if you let us get it out of our system in this game, you may not have to worry about being killed the first day in the next game.

Alright, I can agree with that logic. Especially b/c DA endorses it. He seems to be able to manage his between-game biases better than others.

I !sign up and beg to be placed on the same troubleshooter team as Gnasty, Saburbia, Drez, Grundlterror and FunkyWaltDogg.

:winky:

QUESTION(S) 4 EBM

By simultaneously, do you mean that the commies/mutants might encounter each other if targeting the same victim?

Squashua on
    edited April 2007

Kill Priority at end of night will be All ZAP Simultaneously then Mutant and Commie Actions Simultaneously.

Excellent, that's just how I hoped it would be for maximum ease of following the game.

Since you're here, can you answer my earlier question: Do the Mutant and the Commies get !Zap guns?

But of course, justification is that if they couldn't issue a Zap command, it'd be really easy to pick them out.

EvilBadman on
    edited April 2007

But of course, justification is that if they couldn't issue a Zap command, it'd be really easy to pick them out.

Again, excellent. That was my thought exactly.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited April 2007

I think he's referring to the whole (players 1&2 pair up, shoot each other, players 3&4, same thing etc) to find out who doesn't have an actual gun. Anyone can issue the command, but if the gun doesn't exist, well, I'm not sure what you planned to say about it.

Ardor on
    edited April 2007
    In the 12 hours this sign up has been up, there have been 38 spots filled.

I was aiming for 35-50 people, so we'll see how many more tag on before I reluctantly cap the player list.

EvilBadman on
    edited April 2007
    If I live beyond the first night, I will be amazed.

Saying that, I will lead us against the evil communists and mutants! Follow me! Look at my staunch record as a god amongst leaders. I do no wrong!

precisionk on
    edited April 2007
    If I live beyond the first night, I will be amazed.

Saying that, I will lead us against the evil communists and mutants! Follow me! Look at my staunch record as a god amongst leaders. I do no wrong!

In a game like this, it would be utter madness to follow anyone other than you.

FunkyWaltDogg on