As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dennis Hopper dead at 74

1235»

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Loved ones are things.

Wait, no they aren't.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm a thing

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    So class and culture is telling people you hope their loved ones burn?

Righto.
    Last I checked, things weren't people.

I mean I dunno, maybe my grade-school English teacher was wrong but

Err... what?
    Noun - a person, place, thing, or idea. Implying that things are distinct from people.

As in, there is a world of difference between saying "I hope something you love burns" and "I hope someone you love burns"

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BusterK wrote: »
    I'm a thing
    Which means you aren't a loved one

Sorry dude

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BusterKeaton.jpg

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Righto.

Err... what?
    Noun - a person, place, thing, or idea. Implying that things are distinct from people.

As in, there is a world of difference between saying "I hope something you love burns" and "I hope someone you love burns"

Oh right, well the only thing I can love is another person, I don't think I love an object at all. My house and belongings , so naturally the only love I put forward to is my friends and family. So the context in this case is relevant to the people I love, which I misplaced

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Righto.

Err... what?

Oh right, well the only thing I can love is another person, I don't think I love an object at all. My house and belongings , so naturally the only love I put forward to is my friends and family. So the context in this case is relevant to the people I love, which I misplaced
    You mean you misplaced your love, or the people you love?

Or...the context? Or this case?

Anyway, he didn't want someone you love to catch on fire, so I don't think what he said is a very big deal

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You mean you misplaced your love, or the people you love?

Or...the context? Or this case?

Anyway, he didn't want someone you love to catch on fire, so I don't think what he said is a very big deal

Sort of, When I associate love I associate it with people in general, so family and friends and such. I think because I do this, this was kind of towards the only thing I put love towards; friends and family. So yeah, I mistook an inanimate object with "friends and family". Sorry I'm a bit jumpy on the whole subject, I lost my partner a while ago and I think I took it a bit too seriously. I'm the goose.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The point is - trivializing the deaths of people, celebrities or otherwise, with ridiculous and arbitrary superstition is dumb.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna attribute you all acting retarded to it being early in the morning

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    The point is - trivializing the deaths of people, celebrities or otherwise, with ridiculous and arbitrary superstition is dumb.

Yeah that's the point. Taking into account the whole "Deaths come in threes" thing. I wasn't taking it seriously.

Technically the guy who wrote for the original Thundercats died as well though.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    It happens in 3's

2007_04_arts_blanche.jpg

Zenitram on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wish you were #4.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't wish for anyone's death.

Just try to not be so silly.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NaC, you should know I have tremendous respect for you; one of the most of anyone on this forum, because you and I are brothers in skepticism and rational thinking

But I don't know that it's really a big deal if people want to talk about a rule of three and joke about who the next death will be and all that; it's something that doesn't hurt anyone, and that's the line a superstition has to cross for me to really be bothered by it

I'm just saying, it's not a big deal
    That's all

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I don't wish for anyone's death.

Just try to not be so silly.

I couldn't help it after seeing that post on page 1. For the record I'm extremely sad about Dennis Hopper and Blanche.

Zenitram on