As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Zelda Thread] E3 cometh.

1575859606163»

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    • Easy. Easy easy easy. Criminally easy.

i'll admit WW was pretty easy

but how ANYONE was supposed to figure out how to get the fire and ice arrows i'll never know
    i guess there were people who already had the ballad of gales, but i don't really remember what i did the one time i encountered that red frog dude

and then, being stuck, teleport to every spot they could on the map? i don't even know

was there some hint i missed? an npc thats all like "hey bro did you ever fly into a volcano before it probably has magic arrows"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Xagarath wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

The question is do these little islands provide enough of a hook to intrigue the player, and make them want to keep exploring? It did for me, but I am a whore for exploration in games. I can understand how it wouldn't because most of the discoveries were pretty lame.
    They would have provided enough of a hook if they weren't rendered predictable and therefore unexciting by the stupid one-per-square system.
    What's the point of exploring when you know when you're going to find something, and how many things they are to find?

I really don't understand this. You would have found the games exploration to be compelling if they had randomly distributed the islands instead of doing one per square? I mean the whole one per square thing guarantees that every long journey has potential stopovers.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Xagarath wrote: »

The question is do these little islands provide enough of a hook to intrigue the player, and make them want to keep exploring? It did for me, but I am a whore for exploration in games. I can understand how it wouldn't because most of the discoveries were pretty lame.
    They would have provided enough of a hook if they weren't rendered predictable and therefore unexciting by the stupid one-per-square system.
    What's the point of exploring when you know when you're going to find something, and how many things they are to find?

I really don't understand this. You would have found the games exploration to be compelling if they had randomly distributed the islands instead of doing one per square?
    Yes.
    Because then there would actually have been a sense of discovery about the damned thing.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Of all things, the first gripe that came to mind with TP was the fact that they made Link right-handed.

I know, extremely minor point and not at all important in the grand scheme of things. It's just that he's always been left-handed and it seemed they eschewed tradition in order to make it analogous to the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo. Meh.

ZarathustraEck on
    See you in Town,
    -Z
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That is why the gamecube version is superior.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Wait, he's a lefty in the Gamecube version??

ZarathustraEck on
    See you in Town,
    -Z
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    The WW version of Ganondorf is pretty much the best character design Nintendo's ever done as far as I'm concerned

I mean, come on

300px-Ganondorf_Wind_Waker.png

Amazing

I keep praying that First4Figures will do a statue of him.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Wait, he's a lefty in the Gamecube version??

Yep.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Big problem with WW is that it is missing 2-4 dungeons and link starts off the game "with the red ring" and takes almost no combat damage. This is sort of fixed in TP with a ton of dungeons and a bit more combat damage...but not really.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stop posting here.

Post here.

Xtarath on
This discussion has been closed.