As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RFC: Something for the family of Whippy

2»

• Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2003
    HoChiWaWa wrote:
    btw is this like a card sig with a few words or just a straight sig?
    What does everyone think? I think a few words would be okay if everybody doesn't do a few words.

Ramius on
  • Options
    HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    Ramius wrote:
    HoChiWaWa wrote:
    btw is this like a card sig with a few words or just a straight sig?
    What does everyone think? I think a few words would be okay if everybody doesn't do a few words.

what i had planed was like 4 words sig then SN in quotes... comes out to 4 lines rather narrow... it would add to the card authenticity... and i'd like to say somthing even if its a generic "Deepest, most heartfelt condolences"

HoChiWaWa on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Ramius wrote:
    I'm totally open to hearing opinions on that, but I'm still leaning toward only signatures of our real names.

Stuff like John "Ramius" Doe just seems more appropriate for a more lighthearted situation.

I'd be more than happy to produce a printout that shows people's handle printed next to their signature, and deliver that to whippy at a later date.

I think that's the way to go. There's really no need for internet handles on a condolence card. The printout for Whippy later on would be best.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    GalaLackaGalaLacka Registered User new member
    edited December 2003
    I haven't really been around here all that long, but the closeness of this community amazes me. I'd be more than willing to donate if a Paypal-agreeable method was set up. Heck, I'll do anything needed. This touches me in a way the Internet never has.

GalaLacka on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    Ramius wrote:
    I'm totally open to hearing opinions on that, but I'm still leaning toward only signatures of our real names.

Stuff like John "Ramius" Doe just seems more appropriate for a more lighthearted situation.

I'd be more than happy to produce a printout that shows people's handle printed next to their signature, and deliver that to whippy at a later date.

I think that's the way to go. There's really no need for internet handles on a condolence card. The printout for Whippy later on would be best.
    I agree with my homey Minor on this one.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe I missed it, but what do we do with our scanned signatures?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    HAKdragonHAKdragon Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    I'm on board.

HAKdragon on
    hakdragon.png
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    I'm in. When do you want our signatures, and has the paypal thing been set up?

futility on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    I agree with the real name sigs, and A though for the collection, since Gabe and Tycho seem to be on board, perhaps you could use the club PA paypal account since they are no-longer accepting donations

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2003
    orthanc wrote:
    I agree with the real name sigs, and A though for the collection, since Gabe and Tycho seem to be on board, perhaps you could use the club PA paypal account since they are no-longer accepting donations
    They are. they are using it to take donations for Child's Play right now.

Ramius on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    You know what? I thought about this some more last night and despite my reservations, I'm all in. I don't know Whippy as well as others here but I think a unified gesture is only a good thing.

If TTB aren't able to front the PayPal account I'll see about using mine if you need it. It's been pretty much dormant for a while but its verified. I'm UK resident so i don't know if it would be practical but I don't see any problems ordering a hamper or flowers online from interflora or similar - I've done it for friends who wanted to buy flowers for people in America before and I have a VISA and Amex card if the chosen object can't be paid for directly from paypal.

Obviously, if you do want to use it and the item can be paid for direct from PP it would be great because I think I would then avoid currency conversions from the PayPal withdrawl and the credit card purchase but either way, let me know if you need it.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, I PMed Ramius about using my business account last night, no response yet. This is all assuming we can't use TTBs anyway.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying