As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Darkfall] A game of grinds

2»

• algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hopping on now.. I'm in the north west one.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Monkfield

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
    edited June 2010
    I'm definitely getting the hang of the game, now. Just finished 2 quests.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    nice, i was just about to ride over to you but my computer crashed because i opened that damn microsoft silverlight map and someone stole my horse

headed there on foot now

Kovak on
    edited June 2010
    check your tells broo

Kovak on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My firewall is off....still no luck. I have no idea what to do.
    Edit: Screw this. I've never had problems just logging into a game before. I shut down all firewalls, put myself in the DMZ, then tried direct wiring into the modem...Nothing worked?
    No thanks. This game may be neat and stuff, but there isn't a single troubleshoot for this problem, and it seems like quite a few people have it. But there is no way to solve it.
    Sorry Darkfall, but if I can't log in to your game on a trial? yikes...
    I just got that error twice in a row, then it worked. You may just need to retry connecting to the server a few times (or, it may be an ISP hiccup).

[edit] Are there friends lists in the game? Or non-clan channels, where PAers could chat?

Glal on
    edited June 2010
    there is not a friends list

and i dont think there is custom chat channels either

just race, race alliance, clan, clan alliance, trade, public, and tells

the chat system is so terrible

Kovak on
    edited June 2010
    really it is. I missed your tells because I just didn't see them.. I was chopping away at trees while I was cooking so I wasn't paying attention.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
    edited June 2010
    yeah you logged out right as i found you!

basically everyone that plays this game uses vent because the chat channels are horrendous

Kovak on
    edited June 2010
    We could always occupy one of the PA Vent channels. Though, not sure there are enough of us to warrant that, especially not on at the same time (EU here).

Glal on
    edited June 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    We could always occupy one of the PA Vent channels. Though, not sure there are enough of us to warrant that, especially not on at the same time (EU here).

are you playing on US1 or EU1?

Kovak on
    edited June 2010
    EU1. DFO is hardcore enough without playing it with high ping.

Glal on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i'm an admin on the pa vent, generally there are open channels for anyone playing a game, you just have to put in your comment what you are playing, otherwise if its popular enough i can assign a game on channel just for darkfall

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited June 2010
    Whehey, got me a steed! Fuck you warpig, I'm riding a cat.

darkfallrider1280.jpg

Clan cities are neat. Running across most of the continent (literally) to reach it was bloody scary, however.

Glal on
  • SloSlo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Its a good thing you run into NO ONE while running across the continent.

Goddamn I was so happy when this came out, and now.... Sigh.

Slo on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so i made a mirdain and then chose to swap to maharim because they look cooler, even with my newbie protection i am still just getting barraged by pkers, the game is not catching my interest very well :?

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Captain ActionCaptain Action Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Try a dwarf, or at least going to dwarf lands. I haven't seen a PK yet.

Anyone know how fix 21k ping spikes? :lol:
    Talk about hard mode.

Captain Action on
  • BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Heh hope none of you actually paid money for this game.

Brian on
    edited June 2010
    Slo wrote: »
    Its a good thing you run into NO ONE while running across the continent.
    Speak for yourself, got pelted with fireballs by skeletons and widely avoided two PVP conflicts on the way there. Almost made the mistake of entering a human city near the end to rebind (would've just gotten zapped by the towers due to my faction alignment I believe), but ended up avoiding it because I spotted a player on the rooftops, watching the entrance gate.

I've gotten a couple of nasty lag spikes (up to 107k even), though in my case they usually just resulted in a kick as I lost connection to server. Since it only happened to me and no one else in the clan I assumed it was my ISP being shit, which is not unheard of.

Glal on
    edited June 2010
    Dev post over on the update forum
    Tasos wrote:
    We've started testing the patch, so it doesn't look like it will be in today, however we can talk about a few of the things that are being tested for inclusion in it:

Normal iron nodes have a chance of dropping rare ore, making higher end gear more accessible to a larger number of players.

The amount of splash damage dealt out by magic spells will now depend on the target's distance from the center of the explosion. This change is meant to add to pvp balance.

By player demand, the world map and the minimap will now display your character's last death location making it more convenient to get back.

The health curve for all players has been modified. Health gain is considerably faster at lower levels and is another step to improving competitiveness for newer players.

There are quite a few more things going into the patch, but we just mention a few significant additions here that were directly inspired by player feedback. We'd like to thank you for your suggestions, we're very open to them, and we'd like you to know that there is a process for handling and including them in our development pipeline, so please keep them coming.

The patch is looking good for early next week and we hope there will be no further delays.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4316958#post4316958

some great changes to making this game more playable by new and solo players and fixing the biggest problem with magic which was the ridiculous AOE that made aiming a little unnecessary.

Kovak on