As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SCP] ECHELON TEAM

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I almost wanted to make a 1920's gangster who was displaced in time by an SCP and now works for the foundation

but I didn't want to do anything too crazy

BugBoy on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I really can't think of a good character for this

Shabooty on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Zachariah Snow, Dr.
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 132
    Personal history: [EXPUNGED] (for another half-hour)
    Defining characteristics: Easy going, slightly dulled emotional responses, and very analytical way of doing things and chief characteristics of Snow's personality. That being said, he seems to have a good sense of homour, and physically has nothing worth noting, aside from a G Cleft tattoo on his upper left pectoral, and a small scar under his right eye.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    By the by, if my character doesn't fit any of the roles you were looking for, I'd be happy to change to something else

I'm pretty good at character concepts

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah bugboy, a time traveling gangster

that would be an SCP right there

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wow! What a response!whyareyoudoingthisWe are so glad that our summer program has attracted such an exciting set of initial applicants. A few tips going forward and if you want to revise your application:

*We do expect all personnel to report in daily, preferably more than once. However, extenuating circumstances are understandable, so if in your hypothetical employment you need to take an extended break, having another employee or volunteer cover your hours is perfectly acceptable!

*We hope that all applicants have prior experience with employment of this nature, of course, but we will be posting guidelines on workplace etiquette and rules to educate those who do not. However, a familiarity with these regulations will be required for all applicants who are actually hired.

*Most importantly, we want you to have FUNthisiswhattheywantworking for SCP this summer!

Webmaster note: Again, sorry for any oddities you may notice going forward! We seem to have picked up a virus and it's stuck in there pretty good.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Borik Romavitch
    Personal history: Borik signed on with the Foundation at the age of 19 after he was given the death sentence when [DATA EXPUNGED]. Starting as a Level 2 Security member, his survival skills and leadership qualities were quickly noticed. Much of his time is spent on field, retrieving new finds. Recently he was accepted onto [DATA EXPUNGED]. When not working he can be found at Site [REDACTED].
    Defining characteristics: Outstanding survival skills on field, strong (if questionable) leadership, loves the thrill of the hunt, good with his hands, a knife, a gun, or explosives. Russian accent (important).
    Prior convictions, if any: [DATA EXPUNGED]

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah bugboy, a time traveling gangster

that would be an SCP right there
    which is why I didn't do it

I have a little experience with roleplaying, so I know what really wouldn't work

BugBoy on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Name: Borik Romavitch
    Personal history: Borik signed on with the Foundation at the age of 19 after he was given the death sentence when [DATA EXPUNGED]. Starting as a Level 2 Security member, his survival skills and leadership qualities were quickly noticed. Much of his time is spent on field, retrieving new finds. Recently he was accepted onto [DATA EXPUNGED]. When not working he can be found at Site [REDACTED].
    Defining characteristics: Outstanding survival skills on field, strong (if questionable) leadership, loves the thrill of the hunt, good with his hands, a knife, a gun, or explosives. Russian accent (important).
    Prior convictions, if any: [DATA EXPUNGED]
    Hi! We have no record of your prior employment with either us or our parent sponsor, the SCP "Fun-dation!" Please resubmit your application without any references thus.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i have no idea what any of this means but i kind of still want to take part

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Miles Ashby
    Height: 5' 10"
    Personal history: Just out of university slacker. Only qualification is a Bachelor of Fine Arts. Miles wants a steady, low-responsibility job and some free time to himself. Not terribly concerned with anything important, but does retain his family's sense of paranoia at the most insignificant things. Highly superstitious. Has a habbit of drawing on any spare scraps of paper he can find, especially during work hours, and likes to play the clarinet.

Only obtained his position as a Level 2 Security member because of his prior ability to operate and fire a rifle. He acquired this skill previously by joining his school's rifle team. He was, and still is, an average shot. Seems quite oblivious most of the time, occasionally having very brief moments of insight. Very adept at spotting visual patterns, attributed to his study of art.

Defining characteristics: Wears glasses and has a tendency to use his hands quite a lot when he talks. He also smokes at least twice a day and is very protective of his plastic green lighter.

Prior Convictions: 1 count of shop lifting.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    man I miss Phallas a lot, those were so great

yes this

were there any in SE while I was gone?

are they just done forever here or hwhat

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wanna be in this game
    Is there a spot for me? reserve a spot for me I'm making a character now.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    man I miss Phallas a lot, those were so great

yes this

were there any in SE while I was gone?

are they just done forever here or hwhat

nope

bogey was in charge of social entropy phallas, so you'd have to ask him, but I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed anymore

what? why?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    All applications will be reviewed soon for eligibility and clarity. All applicants have an equal chance todiebecome employed!

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wait I could apply as a criminal and likely be killed off quickly

that would suit me well, hm

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh yes. If I get any cool ideas I'll make a character tomorrow

This space for rent

The Infra on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lets see

Name: Miguel Claro

Personal history: Joined the U.S. Military at the age of 18. He was enlisted for 6 years before being accepted to officer training. He was assigned as an Intelligence Officer with the Joint Task force in Central Europe. Due to an incident with fellow military personnel he was reassigned to Headquarters in Virginia. Another incident occured which threatened the removal of his clearance. After this latest incident he left the military when his contract was up in search of private contract work.

Defining characteristics: Although he is not nervous he has the tendency to move his left leg out of habit. He is also has a tendency not to follow orders if it is deemed a waste of time.

Prior convictions, if any: 1 NJP for assault against another Military member.

I am terrible at this

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    hahahah Vopro, all you need is the underlining desire to murder chechens and that is dimitri to a t

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Name: Lieutenant Colonel James Lewis Mason USMC (Retired)

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 235lb

Personal history: An All American defensive lineman and wrestling champion, Mason followed the family tradition and joined the Marines after highschool. Singled out during Recruit Training at Parris Island for outstanding adeptness at team leadership, endurance and tactical intuition, Mason was convinced to enrol in Officer Candidate School at Quanitco.
    Mason completed 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, leading high risk missions in extremely volatile areas. In over 280 combat missions under his command, Mason never lost a man. His exemplary leadership and unflinching loyalty to command assured a rapid climb in rank culminating in him being the youngest Lieutenant Colonel in Marine Corps history before he decided to retire from the military and pursue more lucrative employment in the private sector.

Defining characteristics: Mason is an expert tactician, able to predict unknown threats in unexplored areas and efficiently utilise the varied skills of his team to execute mission objectives. He has outstanding physical strength and endurance but prefers to let his men do the actual wetwork. Mason is an unflinching, dedicated leader who demands similar dedication from his team. His unit in the marines was well known as having an ever changing roster of members, Mason would sooner kick a weak link out than let that link compromise a future mission.

Prior convictions, if any: none.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Name: Nysa Kennedy

Sex: Female

Personal history: Nysa Smith was accepted to the University of Texas at the age of 18, and continues to pursue her Bachelors in English. Her finesse with a pen was quickly noticed by the school, and since then she has become an avid writer for the University newspaper. Much of her time is spent writing articles for the paper, or reading her favorite authors with ever growing passion. Currently she is working on building up her network by applying for internship with the local paper.

Defining characteristics: Skilled with a pen, observant of personality traits, fluent in Spanish and Japanese.

Prior convictions, if any: None

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    * Name: Miles Bigby
    * Sex: M
    * Height: 6'
    * Weight: 180 lbs
    * Personal history: After a promising career in academia following the acceptance of a MSc in Anthropology, Bigby became obsessed with the investigation of occult objects reported from the Middle East. After a long sabbatical from [REDACTED], Bigby disappeared. His current location is unknown.
    * Defining characteristics: Although he required the use of thick glasses for many years, Bigby uses contacts for day-to-day life. He still tends to squint as if over a set of spectacles. Wiry and trained in martial arts for his various excursions into hostile territories, Bigby prefers to avoid violence, but steps up to the task if necessary. A trio of Latin letters are tattooed around his right forearm.
    * Prior convictions, if any: None.

Security clearance: E-2?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tacos and I want to make a joint character that is a set of conjoined twins. Is this okay?

unintentional on
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tacos and I want to make a joint character that is a set of conjoined twins. Is this okay?

It would be the best.

SenorTacos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Orik your character and mine have the same first name

I am tres confused

Gatsby on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    indexphp.gif

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You see the problem is there are only a certain number of names that are vastly superior for fictional characters

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I hope I get accepted!

I'd do anything to!

Anything.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    me too

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Again, we are an equal opportunity employer and we will assign disabled employees whatever tasks they can complete. Feel free to submit your application!

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    We even have similar last names Orik are you secretly a Mind Taker?!

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've already got roughly five backstories prepared for if Perry does get accepted

Four of them are plausible

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If I don't get accepted again I'll just remake mine from scratch like I always do for practice.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I've already got roughly five backstories prepared for if Perry does get accepted

Four of them are plausible

If Jacques gets accepted, I've got some ideas.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Is Colonel Mason a little overpowered?

Maybe I could make a plucky 22 year old ex military technician who was kicked out for illegally requisitioning gear to make gadgets

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Each backstory has a different weapon he's trained in the use of

And I have no idea which one is true

I should probably decide that at some point

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    Is Colonel Mason a little overpowered?

Maybe I could make a plucky 22 year old ex military technician who was kicked out for illegally requisitioning gear to make gadgets
    We are looking for applicants of all skill levels! Your application will be reviewed soon.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Moose and Reginald Albright

Sex: Double Male :winky:

Height: 6'3

Weight: 200.0lbs

Personal History: Born on New Years, Moose and Reginald are like the odd couple rolled into one conjoined person. Moose works as a janitor, conveniently located right next to where Reginald -- a scientist who had a PhD in Biochemistry at the age of 16-- is working. Reginald is extremely interested in the field of abiogenesis, the spontaneous appearance of living organisms from nonliving chemicals.

Defining Characteristics: Moose is really really dumb and Reginald is not. They are conjoined twins with two heads on one body. Each one controls one arm, and one leg etc. Moose tries to help out but often ends up getting in Reginald's way.

Prior Convictions: Moose was once sentenced to two days in prison for assaulting Reginald. Reginald appealed the decision and the charge was dropped.

(this is an entry for me and tacos)

unintentional on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Troy Bradsen
    Height: 6'5''
    Weight: 220 lbs

Personal history: Raised in an abusive home, he took the easiest and fastest way he saw out, the military. He joined the Marines as fast as he could, and excelled. The structure and order of a military life was perfect, he enjoys taking orders and carrying them out to the letter. His prowess led him to eventually joining [REDACTED], where he [REDACTED].

Defining characteristics: Extremely physically fit, exceptionally well-trained in all forms of combat, willing to take and follow orders without question, a tactical mind quick to improvise should the situation need it. Bald, large square face, rigid jawline, and hard brown eyes.

Cheeseliker on