As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(Doodle) All Night Long (NSFW)

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    looks way better that way, chico. Nice use of that textured brush, too. I should probably get into playing with my brushes again.

Iruka on
  • ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chico, I love how you move facial features around halfway through your process, yet everything still looks awesome at the end.

Paradise on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    that's awesome Chico. He remind me of the Tosh.0 dude except with glasses.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    that's awesome Chico. He remind me of the Tosh.0 dude except with glasses.

Daniel Tosh

And WTF are you serious?!?! holy christ Chico, that is amazing. I also thought it was a photo at first. And i also agree that the softer BG is much better.

NakedZergling on
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hadnt ever used Corel Painter before, only photoshop. I spent a few hours tinkering trying different brushes, layer modes etc and came up with this. Have to say I think ill be using it for illustration now instead of photoshop. So much more can be done with it and gawd i love the chalk brushes and acrylic dry
    portrait2.jpg

Leggraphics on
  • Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Corel Painter was the first painting program I ever learned and I've gotten in a million "Painter vs Photoshop" arguments. You probably already have, but look at some examples of what concept artist Ryan Church is doing with it.

Guy Bell on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So i had my first gallery opening this weekend, and i think it went well. Its a small town, but i sold a bunch of prints,,,but get this. Some lady flew from michigan, last night, because she wanted to see my art in person. Then bought this.
    witchPRINT.jpg

I felt really awkward for some reason. I mean to fly from michigan to rhode island to see a work in person seems like overkill to me. But she purchased it, and want to commission me for more.
    This is also the only piece of mine that sold EVERY LAST print. And i almost didn't include it, because i'm not that fond of it to be honest.

NakedZergling on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's pretty rad, Naked.

ChicoBlue on
    edited June 2010
    Thanks!

NakedZergling on
  • Mr PocketsMr Pockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not the best quality, short a scanner at the moment, but here it is: Bill O'reily, riding a Stegosauros down a rainbow... Soon to be in color!
    billorielyridingastegos.jpg

Mr Pockets on
    FC DS:1590 1312 9126
    artbydanger.com
    andrewdickinger.blogspot.com
  • worstcaseworstcase Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ohhh Zerg that rocks! it seems you have your own obsessive fan!
    That means you are pretty much a rock star now.
    A rock star in art.
    I can't stop drawing messy harry potter fanart...this is from the half-blood prince (inferi)
    inferi.png

worstcase on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Here is the color comp for the piece I am working on for the Illustration Master Class.

post-1-12758703817947.jpg

rts on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    worstcase, there's always something so appealing about your art.

tynic on
  • worstcaseworstcase Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thanks tynic!
    That means a lot to me, i feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. Like a fluffy teddy bear.

cakemilkz i like that a lot. Reminds me a little bit of prince of persia, probably because of the color scheme.

worstcase on
  • ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Worstcase, I can't help but feel that I need to see all of your art that you'll ever make.

Like what will your art become in 10, 20, 30 (etc.) years?

Paradise on
  • jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    drawing of my girlfriend drawing me I did today

sb157krystrainsm.jpg

decently quick acrylic painting I did of my hand a couple days ago

handsm.jpg

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pretty cool acrylic J

Mustang on
  • Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was bored, but couldn't think of anything to draw, so I just ripped off the dude that does my tattoos.

I stylized his style which was a stylization of Japanese art which was probably from someone else's stylization. Jesus, FUCK! Anyway, it sucks.

ripoff.jpg

Mes3 on
    http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was sick of studying today, I was on a Doctor Who binge, and the most recent ep feature Van Gogh in a wonderful way. Thought I might as well do a little sketch.

vangogh.jpg

Gatsby on
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Still lovin corel...
    wolf3.jpg

and had enough of playing red dead for the night so i did another dooodle. I tried so hard to make a 'cartoon' looking animal but i couldnt... now the eyes just look weird lol
    racoon2.jpg

Leggraphics on
  • Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Grats on the gallery Zerg. Awsome to hear about someone having a successful showing. How much were you charging for prints if you dont mind my asking?

Faded_Sneakers on
    Instagram: fadedsneakers
    edited June 2010
    i charged $20 for an 8 1/2X 11 and $25 for a pre-matted 8X10 frame ready print.

NakedZergling on
  • ShizumaruShizumaru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    lots of cool sketches goin on! I just may have to post some oil sketches I've been doing lately.

Shizumaru on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mes3: I am really diggin that. It has a ridiculously 2D feel that seems on purpose, and like you said, stylized on top of stylized, on top of stylized.

I would almost like to see you absract it to the point of just shapes and lines.

brokecracker on
  • Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mes3: I am really diggin that. It has a ridiculously 2D feel that seems on purpose, and like you said, stylized on top of stylized, on top of stylized.

I would almost like to see you absract it to the point of just shapes and lines.

Thanks!

Yeah, a lot of Japanese art is like that. Falls flat, but still has some depth. Its reeeeeeally awesome.

I'm not sure about abstracting it down. Got any examples?

Mes3 on
    http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
    edited June 2010
    Another woman sculpt. Feel better about this one, but still could be better. Will be doing more as I concept for a new project.

womanwhitehead2sml.jpg
    womanwhitehead22sml.jpg

Larger
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3843/womanwhitehead2.jpg
    http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8846/womanwhitehead22.jpg

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • GurtPerkGurtPerk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jpeg wrote: »

sb157krystrainsm.jpg

handsm.jpg

These are wonderful, jpeg. I really like her pose with the flip flops.

GurtPerk on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    not really a doodle but i made an eisle,

IMG_0019.jpg

cost me about 40 dollars in materialsssss

r-jasper on
    edited June 2010
    no clue what im doing or why.
    tikki.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited June 2010
    NakedZergling, that totally reminds me of a crazy cup I had got from Busch Gardens as a kid. Cool drawing.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    GurtPerk wrote: »
    jpeg wrote: »

sb157krystrainsm.jpg

handsm.jpg

These are wonderful, jpeg. I really like her pose with the flip flops.

I also thoroughly enjoy that sketch, but I just noticed that (what I assume is) her left leg looks disproportionately large compared to her right. Like look at the actual knee, even with it bent and the muscle pushing out to either side, it doesn't seem right. Could be wrong though, it is an unusual pose.

JohnTWM on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    r-jasper wrote: »
    not really a doodle but i made an eisle,

Ah! Easel! Aha!

You mentioned it in the chat thread but I didn't know what an eisle was. Anyway, looks pretty good! I wish I had space for even a small easel.

tynic on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    not really a traditional doodle, just bored while working on a research paper

tumblr_l3k1n5O5xA1qa0r63o1_400.jpg

Needs more props.

desperaterobots on
    edited June 2010
    Worked on this a little more.
    tikki-1.jpg

EDIT

and more....

tikki-2.jpg

NakedZergling on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    not really a traditional doodle, just bored while working on a research paper

tumblr_l3k1n5O5xA1qa0r63o1_400.jpg

Needs more props.

Agreed, I absolutely love this. :^:

Prospicience on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    outsideuh.jpg

ladies.

wakkawa on
  • Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wakkawa I would like to see something else besides ladies from you? Or is this not something you get asked a lot? I am sorry if I'm messing with your habits, but I get tired of your gorgeous women and want to see you draw something else. Please consider this as just a request and do not anger yourself in any way about it.

Did I just do something wrong by asking that? Does anyone else feel this way too? Please don't kill me.

Arden Canelo on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You could always pay me to do something else.

I would be down with that.

wakkawa on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    he gets it all the time, i think hes figured our what he wants to draw and just doesn't give a shit anymore. I do miss the monsters, though. I also hoped making him draw that one black chick would inspire him to draw other skin tones more often, buuuut

that being said, this is pretty different than what you usually do, composition wise, I rather like it wakk

Iruka on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tired of naked ladies?

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

ChicoBlue on
This discussion has been closed.