As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SCP] ECHELON TEAM

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh thank god I can sleep now.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dammit I'm gonna edit my profile a bit, because a certain someone has made my name a little redundant.

Edit: Here we go
    Name: Dimitri de Chirico
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5' 10"
    Personal history: Just out of university slacker. Only qualification is a Bachelor of Fine Arts. Dimitri wants a steady, low-responsibility job and some free time to himself. Not terribly concerned with anything important, but does retain his family's sense of paranoia at the most insignificant things. Highly superstitious. He also has a habbit of drawing on any spare scraps of paper he can find, especially during work hours, and likes to play the clarinet.

Only obtained his position as a Level 2 Security member because of his prior ability to operate and fire a rifle. He acquired this skill previously by joining his school's rifle team. He was, and still is, an average shot. Seems quite oblivious most of the time, occasionally having very brief moments of insight. Very adept at spotting visual patterns, attributed to his study of art.

Defining characteristics: Is of Mediterranean descent, with average looks and shaggy black hair. Wears glasses and has a tendency to use his hands quite a lot when he talks. He also smokes at least twice a day and is very protective of his plastic green lighter.

Prior Convictions: 1 count of shop lifting.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    24 hours! But- but other people will have a chance to apply then!

TLH on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Then we CRUSH them.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    snowbeat, you decide on a system, if so where can i read about this system so i can start working on things?

Melding on
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Dr. Nathanial Toppins

Personal history: At the age of 7 he watched his parents get disemboweled by a rampaging [REDACTED] which agents had been trying to contain. After graduating college at the age of 15 he disappeared, sources believe he went to [REDACTED]. 12 years later he was picked up, wandering around the streets of [REDACTED], nude. His hair had turned violently white and he had developed a nervousness, jumping at the slightest sound. Refusing to talk about it, he got himself hired as a professor of zoology at [REDACTED] and proceeded to spend the next 7 years quietly teaching. Sources close to the doctor report that he screams at night, but has no recollection about it the next day, refusing to talk about it. The doctor seems to have an almost intimate knowledge of [REDACTED], which is of course classified.

Defining characteristics: Violent shock of white hair, twitchy, jumps at loud noises

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Name: Dr. Adam Plum
    Sex: M
    Height: 6'0
    Personal History: Dr. Plum was an outstanding graduate from a prestigious university. Or, that's what his records say, at least. He can't actually seem to remember anything about his past, because he can't seem to remember anything ever. What is known about him is that he grew up in England, and apparently lost his brother to a brutal murder. Rumors swirl that he might have been the killer. Not that he'd remember that, of course.

Defining Characteristics: As stated above, Dr. Plum is somewhat forgetful, though he is quite able when he needs to be. He always wears thick glasses, and is virtually blind without them. He's often found wandering around random areas, muttering aimlessly to himself. His agreeable nature makes him liked by his students and younger folk in general, so he's often considered to be somewhat of a mentor. Since he's not good with names, he tends to give these people affectionate nicknames. He's generally quite relaxed, even under harsh circumstances, unless he loses his glasses. If he drops them, he tends to panic. He also loves to read mystery novels, and is always found with one on his person.

edited my application a little bit

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Dr. Jacques Michel
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 140

Personal History: Scientist, trained in Biochemistry and Biology. Initially attended Med. School, but dropped out due to lack of experimental freedom. Later decided to obtain aa Ph.D (sponsoring University unknown) which would allow him to engage in unusual research.

Currently, he runs a research lab out of his home and self-publishes his work in a journal that he created several months ago. He is currently investigating various pathogens and conditions which the NIH has so far refused to recognize. Prior to this work, he was traveling to various pig farms during the Swine Flu breakouts. He became infected during these travels.

He called his quick recovery from the disease "a disappointment", and further expressed a preference for avian flu.

Defining traits: An extreme passion for science and all related endeavors. Hatred of boredom, which generally causes him to engage in new, potentially dangerous, experimentation. Extreme interest in disease, to the point where he will frequently seek out epidemics and outbreaks of rare or dangerous diseases. Although he has fallen ill several times during his research, he has recovered well (though he has been close to death on several occasions). Possesses a recurring cough.

Prior Convictions: None in this region.

Expanded application, and changed it from 1st to third person.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    Name: Zachariah Snow
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 155
    Personal history: Shortly after graduating highschool, Zach began studying marine biology, as well as human psychology at University of [REDACTED]. Failing these courses five months into the semester, Snow moved on to studying Environmental Science and Animal Psychology, while also forming an interest in sculpting. After once again failing another set of courses, Snow left the University of [REDACTED], and joined the local police force, citing his reason as 'a passing interest'. Graduated police academy in 6/21/07, was later that day was told by a man in a black suit that his parents died a few days before under [DATA EXPUNGED] circumstances. Hibernated in his home for a day, before getting blackout drunk on Everclear, and being eventually found by the police the next day, (his would-be partner in fact) lying eagle-spread on a strange, goverment-protected area of concreate out side a warehouse in [DATA EXPUNGED], babling about [DATA REDACTED]. When later questioned about [DATA REDACTED], Snow was quoted as saying, "I have no fucking clue what the hell you're talking about". A series of lie-detector tests conclusively proved this true. Many of the charges from that night, including tresspassing on goverment sactioned land were dropped with the temporary insanity plee.
    Defining characteristics: Easy going, seemingly distant emotional responses, lazy when it comes to work, and very analytical way of doing things are chief characteristics of Snow's personality. That being said, he seems to have a good sense of humor, and physically has nothing worth noting, aside from a G Clef tattoo on his upper left pectoral, and a small scar under his right eye.
    Crimes:
    1 count of public drunkenness [6/23/07]
    1 counts of disorderly conduct [6/23/07]
    1 count of public urination [6/23/07]

clef

and I have the same tattoo in the same place :O

Coolio!

it's something I've always kinda wanted to get at some point

also, edited

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll just leave this here for further reading

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-028

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure 028 was the first one I read

I still have a soft spot for it.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My first was the "Living" Room

Still love it

Still fear it

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I just like the idea that some dude blacked out there, potentially had some sort of relevation, and then forgot it due to a near lethal dose of everclear

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Goddamn you all I'm applying.

Name: Dr. Jennifer Ling
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'8''

Personal History: Despite the title, Ms. Ling only holds an honourary doctorate in Journalism. She frequently uses this doctorate to pass herself off as a doctor in pursuit of stories for the tabloid 'newspaper' News of the World. Her standard and quality of work is notably much higher than the rest of the newspaper, although generally just as unbelievable. Recently, her work has focused on conspiracy theorists in various parts of the world.

Defining Characteristics: Of Asian-American descent. Easy to get along with. Habit of documenting and recording as much as possible. No arms training, but good at running.

Prior Convictions: No recorded convictions.

Jintor on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    24 hours? That's a very generous time scale 'cos it means I haven't missed the boat!

Name: Irving Carb
    Height: 5' 9''
    Weight: 144lbs

Personal history: Began work as a technician at an English university, eventually applied to the police force. Served there for two years before applying to become part of the Military Police. Served for seven years before being dishonourably discharged in mysterious circumstances.

Defining characteristics: Stronger than he looks, which is just as well because he looks like a stiff breeze could snap him in half. Always displayed competency in marksmanship and crime scene investigation, but his attitudes towards civilians and senior staff left a lot to be desired. Politely referred to as "willful" by friends, and "stubborn borderline-sociopathic jackass" by everyone else. Not easily intimidated, but not easily approached either.

Prior convictions, if any: [strike]Sexual harrassment, murder[/strike] Aquitted

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    preachermeatpreachermeat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Jonathon Smythe

Sex: M

Height: 6'3 (1.9 M)

Weight: 220 Lbs (99.8 Kg)

Personal history: MBA from Cal Tech in Electronics Engineering, further study into robotics programming and interest in higher-level physics. Classes taken in both low-level astrophysics as well as Cosmology. A marked interest in Particle physics.

Defining characteristics: Unfortunately, subject is apparantly a functional alchoholic, although quite dedicated to whatever specific project he's involved with. Known to disappear into his own theoretical computations to the detraction of every other project he's working with at random.

Prior convictions: DWI, 4

preachermeat on
    .png
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i did put together a reporter but she was painfuly cliched so. Let's try this

Name: Guy Vincenzo
    Height: 6' 5''
    Weight: 198 lbs

Personal history: Boxed since the age of 14 and began entering MMA tournaments in a profesional capacity shortly after.. Mild success ended when at the age of 19 he drunkenly picked a fight with an judo master. After leaving hospital retired from MMA circuit due to shoulder injury. stuck to doing labouring work despite doctor's orders to rest the effected arm. Was eventually asked to become a coach at the local gym and began learning physiological skills and first aid.

Defining characteristics: starting to learn humilitiy and discipline after the judo incident. Despite injury still proficient in close combat although his stamina suffers.. Some knowledge of medical practises due to job history. Generally seen as a good trainer..

Prior convictions, if any: None. Master in question never pressed charges

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Oh thank god I can sleep now.

It's a trick

Everyone who sleeps will be eaten by a [REDACTED]

Scooter on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You guys are making so many alcoholics goddamn

We need a designated driver

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Don't worry, being drunk pumps up your Psi Defence!

...And pretty much annhilates your Focus and Intellect

So we might crash and burn but we probably wouldn't go insane if there was a transdimensional freak nearby

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can just imagine it

*hugging the Lovecraftian horror from another plane of reality*

This guy

This guy right here

Man
    this guy you guys

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GET

OFFFFFF

ME

"You know what dude? You're... you're nice. You're not like all the otherssss." *hic*

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Man don't you owe me, like, 20 bucks dude."

MY RACE SHALL OBLITERATE ALL THAT IS WITHIN THIS REALM YOU SCUM SHALL-

"Actually it was 30. Yeah you owe me 30 bucks. Fucker."

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    fuck. yes.

Name: Daniel Eversman
    Height: 6 feet 1 inches
    Personal History: Mr. Eversman is, according to his own dry description, "an exceptional individual and a hopeful nihilist". He has appeared during several SCP related incidents, claiming to be there to "see if it all even matters" and to decide whether or not he "gives a damn". So far, he claims the answer to both is no. Eversman seemed to usually take an observer's role, chain smoking and occasionally taking notes while Foundation personnel were being engaged in SPC related activities (i.e. getting slaughtered). After numerous appearances it was decided to detain him, move him to a nearby Foundation facility and interrogate him. During the questioning it was discovered that while he does not hold any degrees from academic institutes, he claims to be self-taught and does seem to have remarkable, if often times incomplete or downright incorrect, knowledge in a surprising breadth of fields, including criminology, cryptohistory, xenoarcheology, occultic medicine and constructural engineering. Eversman remained purposefully tight-lipped about his personal history, though the Foundation does seem to have found his interest in the abnormal started after [DATA EXPUNGED]. After [REDACTED] months and [REDACTED] years in isolation, Eversman has approached agent [DATA REDACTED] during one of the bi-yearly examinations and asked to work for the Foundation in exchange for greater liberties. After [DATA REDACTED] months in review, the request was granted. Mr. Eversman now assists the Foundation in whatever SCP capacity it is decided he is best suited for, though he is not to be fully trusted.
    Defining Characteristics: Cynical, arrogant, normally very unmotivated, known to have fits of depressive behavior

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh hell yes

* Name: Sgt. Crokus Ammanas
    * Sex: Male
    * Height: 6'1"
    * Weight: 86 Kg
    * Personal history: Born in 19██ in ██████, Illinois. Enrolled in W███ █████ Military Academy in 19██. Stationed in Fort ███ in 199█, was recruited by the CIA in 20██ and was involved with several operations including [DATA EXPUNGED]. Recommended to Sun Child Preschool Summer Camp following exemplary performance during [DATA EXPUNGED]
    * Defining characteristics: Crokus is intelligent, quiet, and loyal. Graduating from W███ █████ Military Academy with Honors, he is a competent tactician, and specializes in clandestine operations, including a█████████████. Does not have very much respect for others property. Was involved with some petty theft and shoplifting cases in his teenage years.
    * Prior convictions, if any:
    1 Count Petty Theft
    2 Counts Breaking and Entering

Shock G on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Name: Nysa Kennedy

Sex: Female

Personal history: Nysa Kennedy was accepted to the University of Austin at the age of 18, pursuing a Bachelors of Arts in English. Her finesse with a pen was quickly noticed, and since then she has become an avid writer for the schools paper The Daily Texan. Much of her time is spent writing articles for the paper, and reading novels by Gaston Leroux. Recently, she was assigned to begin investigating strange occurrences happening all around campus, including some faculty disappearances. Currently, she is working on building up her network by applying for an internship at the Austin Daily Herald.

Defining characteristics: Intelligent, observant, emotionally unstable, creative; these words have been used to describe Nysa. Lately she's taken to wearing glasses become of ever blurring vision. Often she'll complain about the upset feeling they create on her nose when worn. She has a passion for writing, a love for reading, and an ear for music, creating a well rounded creative individual. Unfortunately her attempts at mastering the symphonies in her head have all lead to complete disaster and destruction of whatever instrument she plays

Prior convictions, if any: None

Just expanded a bit and re-did some of her characteristics.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: Daniel White
    Sex: 54

Personal history: Daniel White was born and raised in the Midwestern United States. Upon the completion of high school, he was accepted into Yale. Four years later, he graduated with a bachelor's degree in sociology. He immediately joined the United States Air Force and went to Officer Candidate School, finishing near the top of his class. From there he was assigned to numerous highly classified operations and worked closely with [REDACTED] and the ██████████ on several occasions. At the age of fifty-four, he retired with the rank of colonel and is currently being considered for employment by the Sun Child Preschool Summer Camp.

Defining characteristics: Nearly always wearing a crisp black suit with a blue tie, White is tall and pale with close cropped black hair. He infrequently displays a dry sense of humor and is rarely seen without a cigarette in hand. He was known in the USAF for his rasping voice and odd intonation.

White likes to maintain a close watch on operations in which he is involved, often appearing on-site when others of his rank would prefer keeping a safer distance. Whether through luck or something else, this habit has never resulted in any sort of bodily harm, as White seems to never be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"He's a creepy fellow, no doubt about that. Always knows more than he ought to and talks in that weird-ass way, but I'll be damned if doesn't get the job done every time." -- [REDACTED]

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    looking forward to following this even if I don't get in, it's gonna be neat

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Let's start this shit already!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Calm down Orikae you mad fool

You'll doom us all

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Are applications still being accepted? I hope so...

Name: J. Edgar Winthrop III

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 165 lbs.

Personal history: J. Edgar was originally one of the founding fathers of Merryview Boy's School in Merryview, IN, but was asked to step down from his position after 2 young boys were found dead in REDACTED. He was exiled from his hometown, shunned by the community, and fled halfway across the country to REDACTED. He has no family to speak of, besides the odd cousin here or the second-cousin-twice-removed there. He claims to love children and that the Merryview incident was "just a misundeREDACTED." Keeps to himself, mostly, and has a very difficult time opening up to those around him, for fear of their harsh judgement. On the outside, however, he has one of the most pleasant demeanors and is always willing to go out of his way to help others. Perhaps he's compensating.

Defining characteristics: Fluent in both English and Italian, very handy with any sort of knife or blade, a very smooth talker, the occasional "tick" that makes those around question his normalcy. A 100% people-pleaser.

Prior convictions, if any: Convictions? None. Crimes? REDACTED

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Calm down Orikae you mad fool

You'll doom us all

I'm ridiculously excited.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so were we supposed to draw up characters that were saavy to all the scp stuff, or just 'normal' folks looking for a job

Squall on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hmmm

I have never done a thing like this but it seems neat but Snowbeat will probably just kill me and I don't know if I'm clever enough to make up something interesting

hmmmmm

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Normal" I believe

But obviously "normal" isn't synonymous with untalented

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh hey Snowbeat if my character doesn't fit the bill tell me and I'll have another one ready in no time

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    koshian should I do this

is this a thing I should do

Faynor on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Name: John "Sonny" Keen

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 177

Personal history: Sonny was always a bit of a loner, even in the small town he grew up in. After failing the entrance examination for the Navy, he began a small side business selling certain illegal drugs. He was soon apprehended. After his release he vanished off the local radar. His next stop was Miami, where he became entangled in a contraband scheme. He was implicated in the fatal shooting of a law officer and is currently being held on death row.
    Wardens Note : I am aware that the fine people at SCP are always looking for candidates for potentially hazardous work. Over the past two years I have talked to Mr. Keen many times and have come to know him as an honest, earnest and, I firmly believe, good, young man. I sincerely hope that you will consider giving him this chance.

Defining characteristics: Tall and lanky, Sonny has a devil may care attitude and faces any situation with a grin and good humor. Not exceptionally intelligent and prone to foolish risk taking, he does possess what would best be described as a certain base cunning.

Prior convictions, if any: Murder in the Second Degree. Possession with intent to sell.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I am going to craft a character specifically engineered to have no qualms about punching you in the face

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    screw it I'll do something now

Name: Robert Ibiso
    Personal History: Robert is an exchange student that arrived to the states from [REDACTED] as part of the American-African Fund for Improved Education for the year [REDACTED]. Majoring in pre-colonial African History and African Mythology, Ibiso was slated to be in the top ten students in his year. However two years into his schooling Robert seemed to be involved in the incident known as the Maidenview Massacre, in which 3 fellow classmates were brutally murdered. Implicated and sentenced for life, Ibiso was drafted into the Foundation as a D Class Employee. However all experiments involving him seem to have eschewed results, well outside the expected norm; Exposure to certain SCP, which usually drove participating Class D's insane or caused some other kind of negative psychic reaction, seemed to have no affect on him. After research to the nature, use and environment in which the SCPs were held provided no clear result, it was decided to interview Ibiso. During the interview it was discovered that Ibiso claims he was innocent of the crime he was committed for. Seeing as how a Class D how might actually be telling the truth about his innocence might have such a drastic effect on test result, it was decided to reassign Ibiso to SCP projects which might benefit from his seemingly unique background amongst the usually interchangeable ranks of Class D Employees.
    Defining characteristics: Naive, often frightened and confused, speaks good English and very good Swahili, some knowledge in African History and African Myths, seeks ways to prove himself innocent of the Maidenview Massacre
    Prior convictions: Triple Homicide

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif