As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah Icy Touch is pretty crazy, but with the likes of Kryll bursting at about 80% of my threat, I also don't want to slack too much. I didn't grasp the importance of on second taunts at Saurfang at first, thought it was more like an enrage thingie, and since your hp was fine I was confused.

Rest of it went ok I think, shame about the lowish turnout.

I'm getting close-ish on the attainable gear list. Getting triumph trinket tonight, leaving the following:
    neck = 200 blue,
    cloak = 187 blue

ring x1 = 200 epic (a bit more icc rep fixes this)
    belt = 200 epic

Weapon = 219 currently, only real upgrades are in ICC 5man heroics or 25mans before ICC itself

trinket = 232 one, but not the best exactly (2.5% ish dodge isn't bad, but you can get better)

And as a final small upgrade, 17k more Sons of Hodir rep to upgrade enchant

Sigil: Need to buy the tank one, bought the dps one for early threat issues

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    About saurfang, he heals himself whenever he hits the person with the rune, he recieves too much healing -> he doesn't die fast enough -> you hit the enrage timer.

Neck and belt, there are 226 items from conquest badges, just trade them down when you're done with everything else.

Cloak: Get the pvp wrathful gladiator one to hold you over till probably the frost badge cloak.

Trinket: Replace the dodge trinket with The Black Heart from toc5 normal when you can.

Don't get the hodir enchant, get the pvp enchant (30 stam / 15 resil) instead.

Prof. Awesome on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Upgraded my weapon to a 245, got a 219 cloak, bought the 226 neck. Belt is going to be the first Frost badge item to upgrade (16 badges to go, meaning probably after ICC on Thu). Doubting if I want to pay 28 badges for 200 to 226 in the mean time, I could also use triumphs for dps gear, so I can get into some raids easier.

Running the Black Knight may be frustrating, everyone and their mother is after that trinket.

SanderJK on
    edited June 2010
    I may not be home in time for that Ulduar thing planned for today.

SanderJK on
    edited June 2010
    Kagz bro I think you've been hacked, you removed lot's of valuables from the GB and your character is hanging out in Icecrown all day probably speedhacking around underground and herbing stuff. You best call blizzard asap.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    Guys, please dont sign up for raids you can't make. And if plans change, post on these forums (They're watched), or ask for a phone number to send a message. We only just got enough raiders, and there's 7 guys who have been hoping some of you are "just a bit late" for 2 hours now.

It's not very funny.

SanderJK on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    Kagz bro I think you've been hacked, you removed lot's of valuables from the GB and your character is hanging out in Icecrown all day probably speedhacking around underground and herbing stuff. You best call blizzard asap.

So what you're saying is that you need a new rogue? :winky:

(Though I'm alliance at the moment.)

Echo on
    edited June 2010
    Who really needs rogues? :P

Prof. Awesome on
  • KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Oh god I totally have, I haven't been able to come on for a few days anyway so i've had no idea until I checked the thread.

No idea how it managed to get through my usual process of scanning with both avg and malwarebytes every 2 days or so however. I have scanned since I last played and picked up nothing. I don't even know what site I seem to have got it from as I haven't been on anything dodgy.

I'd like to apologise to the guild about this and will try and reimburse all the items when I get my account back :(

e: just scanned again and malwarebytes has found and promptly shat on something. I feel so awful about this, just when I was starting to really get into wow again too. Maybe it's a sign I should just stop.

Kaglicious on
  • JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It was reported to the GM's who are looking into it. As far as we have been told, most stuff will get returned, don't fret it :)

J on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Guys, please dont sign up for raids you can't make. And if plans change, post on these forums (They're watched), or ask for a phone number to send a message. We only just got enough raiders, and there's 7 guys who have been hoping some of you are "just a bit late" for 2 hours now.

It's not very funny.

Is vare still late all the time

Edit: hahaha holy shit seeing Kolb post with the word "bro" makes me feel really wierd

Senshi on
    edited June 2010
    How are signups for tonight? I got some stuff to do after work, need to know if I need to hurry a bit...

SanderJK on
    edited June 2010
    Note: We're still looking for people, summer is taking a heavy toll on our raid attendance.

Prof. Awesome on
  • AzareanAzarean Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright folks.

In light of the problem with attendance, I'm up for potentially plugging one of the gaps.

I've a Druid at level 72 right now, and I could spec him into either Bear or Tree at 80, as needed. I imagine I can have him at cap in maybe a week or two tops, and after that I may need to call on you guys for some Random Spam to Triumph Emblem my ass up ASAP.

Good Idea? Yea or Nay?

Azarean on
    edited June 2010
    Dunno what happens with my current guild - a bunch of people quit and others are taking a summer break, so I'm considering my options. How's your need for a rogue?

Echo on
    edited June 2010
    Well i'll retire mine if I don't get any of my items back, checking my character on the armory, he pretty much sold what armor he could and put on pieces from my old level 70 pvp gear which for some reason I never bothered to clear out of the bank and my t9 chest which I never bothered to get rid of just in case my hit dropped below the poison cap, considering I only had a sidegrade as my first choice. I've emailed blizzard about it and hopefully they should be helpful in that respect.

If not however, i'll see if anyone wants a nice and easy level 60 and ask for a RAF and just create a new account and character (probably a priest I think, i'd like a healer for a change of pace) as it's probably easier than trying to regear a rogue through lfd.

Did the guild get the bank items back?

Kaglicious on
    edited June 2010
    Blizzard are pretty good with returning shit that was stolen.

In the interim, get an authenticator.

Senshi on
    edited June 2010
    Azarean wrote: »
    Alright folks.

In light of the problem with attendance, I'm up for potentially plugging one of the gaps.

I've a Druid at level 72 right now, and I could spec him into either Bear or Tree at 80, as needed. I imagine I can have him at cap in maybe a week or two tops, and after that I may need to call on you guys for some Random Spam to Triumph Emblem my ass up ASAP.

Good Idea? Yea or Nay?

Assuming you are Mog, you said online that you feared your tanking abilities. But unless i'm mistaken, the only thing bear tanks need to be afraid of is falling asleep, because you have quite limited tank buttons.
    In my experience, gearing up two specs isn't much harder then one. I put all badges into my tank spec at first, and yet my DPS spec was never more then 200pts of GS behind my tank spec. Tanks also run heroics a lot easier, since it's a) insta queue and b) you set most of the pace.

That being said, you should play what you want to play. And the thing we need most is heads online. Preferably with some punctuality and patience... between 18.30 and 20.00 we had 9 raiders who were available online, but because several logged early or late, never more then 6 at the same time.

Kagz, your gear will be restored, 95+ % certainty. But those things always take a bit of time. As for the general rogue status, we could use one I'd say. If all rogues log in at the same time, it gets crowded, but the same can be said for DK's.

SanderJK on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's unfortunate the lack of guild raids at this time of year but I am seeing similar observations posted from other people as well on different servers.

Summer is always a slower time. Just got to knuckle through it, stick together and then hellssssssss yeah Cataclysm.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As soon as my gear isn't a liability, ill be up for every raid going! :D you just try and keep me away.

J on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I managed to level up my Paladin in the guild to 24 before I continued playing my Warlock on another server to see Northrend for the first time. Currently my warlock is 79 and almost done leveling.

I would totally play my Paladin if I had any heirlooms, but I don't so it's slow and sooooo bbbboooorrrriiing. 30-58 are the worst levels for me, and I know they would be coming soon if I continued to play and I just can't muster up the will to go through that shit once more

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Kagz, you should get all your stuff back, it'll just take some time.
    The guild bank will be restored next maintenance, probably. Also what Wave said, get an authenticator, once a computer is infected with something it can be really hard to remove it and I don't want you losing all your stuff again once you get it back. :P
    Echo wrote: »
    Dunno what happens with my current guild - a bunch of people quit and others are taking a summer break, so I'm considering my options. How's your need for a rogue?
    Well, I'd say the main thing we need right now is active people, keep in mind however that we do have 1 (2) rogues and are generally pretty melee heavy right now. It may not be a problem since I might be able to go back to playing Kolbert full-time, but I just want to let you know before you decide.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    Alright folks.

Good Idea? Yea or Nay?

Assuming you are Mog, you said online that you feared your tanking abilities. But unless i'm mistaken, the only thing bear tanks need to be afraid of is falling asleep, because you have quite limited tank buttons.

Bear tanking is ridiculously easy, make a macro like this:
    #showtooltip Swipe
    /cast Swipe
    /cast !Maul

Spam that on aoe pulls while tabbing around.
    Make the same macros for lacerate and mangle. Use barkskin and FFF whenever they are up, easy peasy.

Although, I gotta say your hunter would actually fill a gap we have, if you'd be there for our raids :P

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    Alright folks.

Good Idea? Yea or Nay?

Bear tanking is ridiculously easy, make a macro like this:
    #showtooltip Swipe
    /cast Swipe
    /cast !Maul

Spam that on aoe pulls while tabbing around.
    Make the same macros for lacerate and mangle. Use barkskin and FFF whenever they are up, easy peasy.

Although, I gotta say your hunter would actually fill a gap we have, if you'd be there for our raids :P

Heh, really as things go, I think I have to continue being a Spare-DPSer due to my shift hours meaning I'm -never- home for Raid Start.

I'll keep the Hunter going though, he's got a decent supply of Frosties building up, so I'll figure out what to do with 'em. The Druid I'm gonna put some focus into to see if he clicks for me. Always felt I've had trouble fully clicking into Hunter, so looking at my DPS usually irks me no end.

Anyway, yeah, I am Captain Tentative! Hell, my first raid every (Roll on Ulduar10!) I was a filler due to No-Shows. :D

Azarean on
    edited June 2010
    You might wanna look into making a marksmanship off-spec in case you and trigger are both raiding together: synergyyyy.

Prof. Awesome on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ok, just confirming here what I said in guild, only a few moments ago!
    The raid tomorrow is something I intend on coming to, but I'm being dragged around town by the other half looking for a dress for some wedding she has to attend.

But yeah, I wanna go, might be late. Don't say I don't tell you anything! xD

Btw, grats again to Huk for becoming INSANE.
    Well done dood :3

Varethius on
    edited June 2010
    Oh, and any tank, get TidyPlates/ThreatPlates as an addon. It makes your life 100x easier.

SanderJK on
    edited June 2010
    Varethius wrote: »
    Ok, just confirming here what I said in guild, only a few moments ago!
    The raid tomorrow is something I intend on coming to, but I'm being dragged around town by the other half looking for a dress for some wedding she has to attend.

But yeah, I wanna go, might be late. Don't say I don't tell you anything! xD

Btw, grats again to Huk for becoming INSANE.
    Well done dood :3

>Implying you have a girlfriend

dohohohohoho

Senshi on
    edited June 2010
    oh god

cat dee pee ess

oh god

Azarean on
    edited June 2010
    JOHN FUCKING MADDEN

Echo on
    edited June 2010
    Daaaalaaan, where did you goooo

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    Tonight was fucking ace guys!

Glad I could be part of it, really never thought I'd get this far in raiding, much less walk away with so many upgrades!

Gonna get my stuff gemchanted, and I hope we can go further on Sunday. Kingslayers all, amirite?

Azarean on
    edited June 2010
    This was a really good spontaneous raid, 10~ people on? Alright let's do it.
    I loved dpsing on Kolbert again and bragging about numbers.

Mog and Yurn's armories look pretty funny:

Obtained [Linked Scourge Vertebrae]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Njorndar Bone Bow]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Icecrown Rampart Bracers]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Soulbreaker]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Skinned Whelp Shoulders]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Ashen Band of Greater Vengeance]. (Equipped)

Yurn:

Obtained [Ashen Band of Destruction]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Bloodsoul Raiment]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Gloves of Broken Fingers]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Abracadaver]. (Equipped)
    Obtained [Thaumaturge's Crackling Cowl]. (Equipped)

PS: Astns where did you go? We all totally miss you! :cry:

PPS: Kagz, did you get your account back yet?

PPPS: Raid on Sunday hopefully, but its just Putricide, Sindragosa and the Lich King left
    and we all know what people think of progression...

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    Still waiting for my account to be sorted, i'm having a lot of trouble with it but I do have an authenticator already bought and ready to slap on the account when i'm ready.

Kaglicious on
  • AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Im gonna be off for awhile, won't have much spare time over the next few weeks. Might log once or twice if I can find the time.

Astns on
    edited June 2010
    Kaglicious wrote: »
    Still waiting for my account to be sorted, i'm having a lot of trouble with it but I do have an authenticator already bought and ready to slap on the account when i'm ready.

Weird, Kryllar said he recieved some whispers from you about being invited to the guild again two days ago or so, but he said you were acting strange or something so he waited.

I mean judging from your armory everything seems to be in order afterall.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    I can assure you that person isn't me, hence the trouble I said I was having. I like how he even equipped me with two axe OHs and kept me in mace spec though.

Anyway, don't invite me into the guild until i give the all clear on here otherwise the same thing will happen again.

Still really tempted to just create a new account and RAF it up with someone because this is taking the piss a little, would really love my original character from vanilla back though :(

Kaglicious on
    edited June 2010
    But how can that be, does he have the password of your email account too, or did the gms not properly freeze the account? They assured me they did, might have to write another ticket.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited June 2010
    He had the password to my email account also, which has been sorted too now. I'm awaiting a reply from blizzard as to what to do next as i'm planning to change my login email completely too so it needs to be transferred from whatever the hacker got it moved to.

I think the billing from my card has stopped though (I usually have it on a month rolling contract in case shit like this happens) so considering the hacker has my account, he would have to buy game time in some form to play on it.

Kaglicious on
    edited June 2010
    Ok, everything sorted and authenticator added. I'll probably be on after the england game to grovel to and fellate whoever I need to get back into the guild. Sorry about the hassle :(

e: quickly popped on at half time, them two axes are all I have as weapons, so i'm officially a combat rogue now I suppose. Really in need of a MH too however. Bank and bags completely fleeced out and left with 1 gold, oh well, karma I suppose.

Kaglicious on