As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E] The Haunting of Kincep Mansion - What Dwells in Yonder Stable?

KelorKelor Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Critical Failures
The Haunting of Kincep Mansion

AdventurersRequest.jpg

Welcome gentlemen, to the Haunting of Kincep Mansion. This will be a one shot short adventure for Paragon(!) level characters. Since most PbP games start off at level one this ought to be a bit different and should finish up before Dark Sun hits.

Being that we’re talking about a haunted mansion, campiness is both encouraged and will be a big factor in which characters I pick. You can go hog wild with your race/class selection provided you can explain it away. (Been saving that bard called Ted Theodore Logan who uses an invisible electric guitar for an implement? Boom!) Cliché racial/class stereotypes are absolutely encouraged, as are off the wall ones. If you want to come up with a character who ties in with someone else’s and come as a pair go for it, though I reserve the right to pick and choose.

The group will be a party of five. Entries will be open till Sunday night.
KincepMansion1.jpg

Guidelines for character submissions:
Characters will begin at level twelve.
  • You begin the adventure with magical items of the 11th, 12th and 13th level. You may trade these down so that you have an extra level 11 or 12 item instead of the level 13 one and so on.
  • Level 12 characters begin with 9000 gold to spend as you wish.
  • Characters may be of any race. That’s right; you can finally play the Bullywug Fighter or Hobgoblin Battlemind you’ve always dreamed of.
  • Now that you’ve gone “Hell yeah Bugbear Ranger!” I’m going to tell you that you don’t get oversize weapons.
  • All classes are allowed.
  • While you’re free to make what you want, I’d appreciate it if you don’t make any crazily over optimised builds. This is all about the crazy camp fun.
  • Two characters per person, which must each be different roles (Striker/Leader/Controller/Defender)
  • One post per day is requested, but not on weekends.
  • Characters get their choice of Versatile Expertise, Weapon Expertise or Implement Expertise for free.
  • Scales of War and General backgrounds can be used.

Kincep Mansion is set on the hereditary grounds of the Kinceps family, an old and once respected noble family. The family was wealthy, but with a few exceptions disdain overt shows of wealth and luxurious objects that have caused the disappearance of many other a family fortune. Upon reaching adulthood, family members received a small inheritance and made their own way through life, be it through business, public service or adventuring and the family took great pride in it's continued success. In recent years several misfortunes and disasters have wiped out most of the outlying branches of the family, most folk believe that they fell into poverty and died out.

The sole remaining heir, Jaccobux Kincep has not been seen for nearly four decades after retiring from a career as a adventurer and mercenary in foreign lands with what was rumoured to have restored the family fortunes. Visitors and supplies were delivered to the mansion for almost a decade after that and then even they ceased to visit. The mansion and surrounding grounds had fallen into disrepair with lack of maintenance before he even returned and the house appears to be on the verge of collapsing, creaking boards and gnarled trees now dominate. Daring fellow children to enter the grounds and knock on the door is a common challenge for the youth of Jastonbury, especially on nights where the moon is darkest and clouds scud across the sky.

As the grounds, which sits on a hill on the outskirts of Jastonbury have fallen into disrepair it has become an eyesore and Lord William had attempted to reclaim it after Jaccobux vanished from the public eye. The magistrate, captain and half a dozen guards whom entered the premises were never seen from again. Further attempts to investigate their disappearance have lead to minor and severe injuries of those who entered the grounds, as if the spirits of the family took physical form and attacked them. Shortly after travellers, merchant caravans and patrols of soldiers guarding the town have begun to disappear. Sometimes their corpses are found lying twisted, savaged and broken upon the ground but most often they are not found at all. Lord William and his council have let it be known that wolves are responsible for these attacks but the citizenry of Jastonbury none the less cast a fearful eye on the sprawling mansion atop the hill and make sure to be indoors before the sun falls at night.....

Our party is!

Ronen the Deva Swordmage (Tiamatz)
Daig the Githzerai Seeker (Smoove Operator)
Krikket the Kobold Monk (Saurfang)
The Gnome the Gnome (whaaaa?) Barbarian (MrRose)
Foghorn Leghorn the Kenku Bard (Pepipopa)

Kelor on

• TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This looks interesting...

How many entries is a person allowed?

One max?

TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sooo, two submissions, as long as they're different builds? I think I may have to come up with a Striker and a Controller, in that case! Never played either role.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's correct.

Or you can just submit one. It's up to you.

Kelor on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whee! Sounds like fun.
    Submissions incoming.

Quick question; if you have a hybrid of two roles, can the second character have the same role as either half of the hybrid? I'm assuming not.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've never played 4e at a higher level, this could be awesome for skipping ahead on my learning curve!

I'd be interested in submitting for this, but I don't have a DDi subscription and can't use the builder to do make a character of that level. Will you take a text box?

Steelhawk on
    edited June 2010
    Hybrids, I would prefer your second character to have a different role to the primary one of your hybrid.

General and Scales of War backgrounds are fine.

I'll take text boxes if you don't have DDi since I will just throw it together on the character builder and put it up on Orokos for you.

Also I for those of you who noticed some improper grammar in the posted notice it was done for....ah...authenticity!

[tiny]Goddamnit.[/tiny]

Kelor on
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Joy of joys! I'll be sure to throw up a submission later tonight when I get off work!

Saurfang on
    edited June 2010
    Presenting... Ronen, the Deva Wandering Swordmage

"You're a few lifetimes too early to face me, kid!"

Picture:
    Ronen.jpg

Mannerisms and appearance:
    Many might consider a Deva they meet in their travels as a humble and compassionate person. Ronen is only half of that.

Ronen has always known himself as brash ever since he was last reincarnated. However, one thing that was kept in his mind (this time, at least), was that he had a taste for all things arcane in origin. Ronen had tried different arcane professions throughout his many lives, and had seen it all and tried it all.

Wizard? Done!
    Warlock? More like Snorelock!
    Bard? Lame!
    Artificer? What do I look like, a Craftsman? Go make your own toys!
    Swordmage? Hells Yes!

Ronen had always favoured the blade, and his training in the arcane arts pretty much made his deadly skills with the sword practically lethal! Because of being reincarnated over and over again, Ronen has become quite bored with petty and trivial things such as money. Instead, he offers his trade (or blade, depending on the situation at hand) by procuring valuable arcane items and artifacts as payment throughout his years. Also, perhaps due to his continued reincarnations, Ronen has become more and more arrogant, to the point of taunting his enemies, mocking them to kill him in the most painful way possible. And though they try their best, it just wasn't good enough. Time and time again he defeated his opponents (even so far as to wield his Fullblade in one hand, just to prove a point to a rather large Ettin, who is now deceased). Ronen is always up for a challenge, and never backs down from a bet...never!

What's he doing here?
    Ronen was in Jasonbury when the notes written by Lord Nelson were handed out to the people of the town, and wasn't interested by the coinage offered as a reward. Instead it was the 'goods' that were offered as compensation that piqued the Devan Swordmage's interest. And the fact that lodging at the Boar Quill Inn was practically free didn't hurt at all. This could be another challenge the Deva was prepared to see through the end.

And who knows, maybe there might be someone (or something) worthy of a challenge for the haughty swordsman.

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2010
    Couple of questions!

Groups of campy/cliched/borderline comedy troupes always need a straight man, right?

Also, Evil Gods worshipped by Unaligned characters. Kosher for this? I think only certain Divine classes have 'same as their deity' enforced alignment, right?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    im in for this love paragon! builds! :D will be making a barb and invoker.

Also kay it says that characters do not have to have the same alingment

"Your character can worship an evil or a chaotic evil
    deity without being of the same alignment, but that’s
    walking a fine line. The commandments of these
    deities exhort their followers to pursue evil ends or
    commit destructive deeds."

straight from ph1, but such a fine thing only the god DM can really tell where that fine line is.

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daig (the Bounty Hunter), Githzerai Seeker
    Paragon Path - Death Arrow
    "Back in the war, we didn't have swords or bows...I killed a hundred men with a bundle of twigs and an old pair of boots."

Background/Mannerisms/Assorted Whatnot:
    Daig's background is clouded in secrecy. Not necessarily because Daig is secretive, but people more or less just assume most of what he says is the rambling of a madman. Something had to have happened to Daig when he was a young man. Something awful. How else could you explain his bizarre behavior? He constantly refers to his time "in the war," but no one is quite sure what war it is exactly he is talking about. Outcast from his own kind due to his...eccentricities, he has spent the majority of his adult life as a bounty hunter. No one seems to mind eccentricities in their bounty hunter, in fact its almost expected.

Speaking in a low, gutteral voice, Daig can often be found telling old war stories at a bar, whether or not there is anyone there listening is always a crapshoot. Complete strangers routinely become the beneficiaries of his sage(?) advice on how to stay alive in the jungle. He is always compelled to roll dramatically between buildings, or to get to the next spot of cover (even if it happens to be a bush far too small for him to actually hide behind), humming personal theme music the entire time. His foes have often noted his penchant for overly dramatic and/or corny dialogue in battle. Many former compatriots have been informed that they are to tell Daig's wife (non-existent) that he loves her, as Daig lay sprawled out and coughing from a minor wound. They have also been regaled by Daig's habit of referring to people by callsigns that he makes up, refusing to use their real names, for fear of "the transmission being intercepted."
    Appearance:
    Daig bucks the low-key appearance of his kind. He wears his hair to his shoulders, in the manner common among humans. His top lip is adorned with the most imposing mustache a Githzerai can muster. His lucky dagger always hangs at his hip, and his greatbow ("El Krakatoa") is always within reach. Daig would not be caught dead in any clothing or armor that was not black or dark green, and he abhors anything that would slow him down.

Answered the call because:
    ...he is a bounty hunter. Sorry for the lack of neat story here, but...ya know. Bounty Hunter.

Picture:
    Displaying what can only be called an "expert's" grasp of photoshop technology, I made the defaul picture work.
    Daigcopy.jpg

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    edited June 2010
    Scourge, Invoker of the Raven Queen

Mannerisms and Appearance:
    Scourge has the claws and scales of a Revenant, but bears the purple and white facial markings of a Deva. In keeping with the aesthetics of the raven queen, the white is closer to ash grey ad the purple is distinctly funereal and restricted to thin stripes around his eyes. Scourge, however claims that he is not truly either Deva or Revenant, and that his goddess created him as a prototype for a new kind of semi-mortal servant.
    Of course, to discover this little factoid, you'd have to get him to talk about anything other than the job at hand. And the job at hand is always hunting the undead, and never quite done.

Why's he here:
    To destroy the undead. Scourge has been hearing rumours about the Kincep Mansion almost since the first disappearances and was on the verge of entering the house by himself, if only to confirm his suspicions of what lay inside, when the warrant was issued. Reasoning that allies would be better than charges of breaking and entering, he decided to present himself to Lord Nelson.

Statblock:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Scourge, level 12
    Revenant, Invoker, Angelic Aspect
    Divine Covenant: Covenant of Wrath
    Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Staff)
    Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Rod)
    Choose your Race in Life: Deva
    Background: Birth - On Another Plane, Birth - Cursed, Divinely Inspired, Society - Noble (+2 to Religion)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 9, Con 19, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 21, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 22 Will: 25
    HP: 73 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +13, Insight +16, Intimidate +15, Arcana +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +7, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +11, Endurance +11, Heal +11, History +6, Nature +11, Perception +11, Stealth +7, Streetwise +6, Thievery +7, Athletics +4

FEATS
    Invoker: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Armor of Winter
    Level 2: Coordinated Explosion
    Feat User Choice: Versatile Expertise
    Level 4: Battle Intuition
    Level 6: Vicious Advantage
    Level 8: Armor of Burning Wrath
    Level 10: Penetrating Power
    Level 11: Awaken God Fragment
    Level 12: Death Scorned

POWERS
    Invoker at-will 1: Divine Bolts
    Invoker at-will 1: Avenging Light
    Invoker encounter 1: Lightning's Revelation
    Invoker daily 1: Summon Angel of Fire
    Invoker utility 2: Heaven's Bountiful Reward
    Invoker encounter 3: Radiant Cordon
    Invoker daily 5: Trumpet the Star's Fall
    Invoker utility 6: Insightful Warning
    Invoker encounter 7: Omen of Damnation
    Invoker daily 9: Herald the Storm Unleashed
    Invoker utility 10: Recitation

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Alchemist's Fire (level 1) (5), Holy Water (level 1) (5), Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Belt Pouch (empty), Everburning Torch, Flint and Steel, Waterskin, Trail Rations (10), Rod of Time Distortion +3, Veteran's Braidmail Armor +3, Amulet of Protection +3, Tattoo of Vengeance (heroic tier), Staff of Storms +2, Hedge Wizard's Gloves (heroic tier), Ghoststride Boots (heroic tier), Residuum (Any) (100)
    RITUALS
    Hand of Fate, Create Holy Water, Corpse Light, Last Sight Vision
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Mr_Rose on
    edited June 2010
    may i make a beastmaster ranger named shaggy with a canine beast named scoob?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
    edited June 2010
    Actually, a few of us have been discussing this idea on IRC for some time, now. Then we come here, and Woogs has already posted. :(

But we had the FULL TEAM planned!

Fred - Human Valorous Bard
    Daphne - Half-Elf Wild Sorcerer (Cha 20, Int 8)
    Velma - Dwarf Swordmage
    Shaggy - Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster Ranger (that chinfluff of his is soooo shifterish)

And to round it all out...

THE MYSTERY MACHINE - Warforged Guardian Druid. (Primal Beast Form - 1966 Chevrolet Sportvan 108)

It would be epic.

Edit: Oh shit Hank is Dungeons and Dragons, Fred is Mystery Inc. I fail.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sounds like Woogity just earned a spot on Mystery Inc, Kay.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited June 2010
    haha dont let me stop you! thats badass i like the mystery machine approach!

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Actually, a few of us have been discussing this idea on IRC for some time, now. Then we come here, and Woogs has already posted. :(

But we had the FULL TEAM planned!

Hank - Human Valorous Bard
    Daphne - Half-Elf Wild Sorcerer (Cha 20, Int 8)
    Velma - Dwarf Swordmage
    Shaggy - Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster Ranger (that chinfluff of his is soooo shifterish)

And to round it all out...

THE MYSTERY MACHINE - Warforged Guardian Druid. (Primal Beast Form - 1966 Chevrolet Sportvan 108)

It would be epic.

HE LIES

Shaggy is a Human or Wilden Seeker and Scooby is a Beastmaster Ranger shifter with a pet named Scrappy

NO TRANSFORMERS IN HAUNTED MANSIONS

REG Rysk on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Velma - Dwarf Swordmage

It would be epic.

You're totally playing Velma short there....I always thought she was kinda hot.

Glasses, knee socks, and short pleated skirt?
    Rowr!

The bob didn't hurt either.

Snowdown on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This looks very interesting!

Morpheus - Kalashtar Dreamwalker Psion
    dream_endless_sm.jpg

It's hard to focus sometimes on what's important, what is real. It's almost as if whenever I look out upon the world that I can't help but see the world behind the world, that ever shifting realm of wishes, expectations, nightmares. My kind had fled from that place some long time ago in the anals of ancient past but I cannot help but go back willingly, to step out of Reality and into a place where my very own thoughts can mingle with the countless imagingings of even more countless peoples. And curiously, I feel at home here in this shifting landscape of unrealized potential. I was born to walk these paths that no conscious person ever treads and because of this I feel a certain responsibility to this magnificent realm. It is not enough to simply gaze upon its splendors, but for one aware of its importance within the minds of all living creatures I am compelled to guard it, to maintain its sanctity and integrity against any that may threaten its foundation, its contribution to the beauty that is existence.

There are some people near me, within the waking world, speaking of something which seems unimportant right now. As they mingle, I gaze out upon the magnificent old mansion staring down at me from atop the hill. Its warped, decayed wood surrounded by gnarled trees and sense of dread is fascinating to behold, almost a literal representation of a person's most dreaded fear that I have spent untold time examining within the darkest corners of the Dream. It seems to call to me and to any that look on it and say, "Leave. Turn Back," a warning against the possibility of unspoken dangers. Yet, when gazing upon its mysterious facade I am reminded of a poem, from a memory sometime in my past:

Death is before me today:
    Like the recovery of a sick man,
    Like going forth into a garden after sickness.

Like the odor of myrrh,
    Like sitting under a sail in a good wind.

Like the course of a stream,
    Like the return of a man from the war-galley to his house.

Like the home that a man longs to see,
    After years spent as a captive."

As this memory comes unbidden to my thoughts, I cannot help but offer a rare smile to the mansion. It does not frigthen, for I am not afraid. I am simply at peace here, in this place, comforted by the knowledge that whatever is to come is within my power to shape. That it has its purpose and I have mine. With the assembled people still busy with their incidental conversations, I reach into a pouch fastened to my waist, withdrawing a tiny handful of sand. Extending my palm outward towards the hill, the sand is swept up by a gust of wind spreading further and further out in a spiral pattern to highlight the creaking mansion in the distance. A flock of birds take flight from one of the gnarled trees in the distance and I can hear the beating of wings...

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2010
    Snowdown wrote: »
    Velma - Dwarf Swordmage

It would be epic.

You're totally playing Velma short there....I always thought she was kinda hot.

Glasses, knee socks, and short pleated skirt?
    Rowr!

The bob didn't hurt either.

Well. I am guilty of owning this t-shirt, so...

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    edited June 2010
    Woogity wrote: »
    may i make a beastmaster ranger named shaggy with a canine beast named scoob?

This is not only allowed but encouraged.

I would most likely not take an entire 5 person Scooby Doo group to be fair to everyone else though.
    Couple of questions!

Groups of campy/cliched/borderline comedy troupes always need a straight man, right?

Also, Evil Gods worshipped by Unaligned characters. Kosher for this? I think only certain Divine classes have 'same as their deity' enforced alignment, right?

Totally kosher, though the character is responding to a plea for help.

Kelor on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hakim Tariq Al-Zarqun
    Dragonborn Battlerager Fighter, Iron Vanguard

tariqh.jpg

"I want the statue of me over there. No, not that one, you idiot! The big one!"
    The Vizier had come before the Hakim once again to 'entertain' him. Hopefully it wouldn't end in the Arena, as it had for the previous vizier. He took a deep breath, holding the many stories he'd brought with him, and opened the flap to the Hakim's wide, richly decorated tent.
    "Begin, vizier. I'm bored."
    The Hakim was notoriously dangerous when he was bored... he tended to be most entertained when killing or conquering something. Nervously, the Vizier began reading through the text he had meticulously picked for the Hakim.

"Know, O Prince, that between the time when the waters drank --"
    "Eesh... too hammy. Next."
    "Okay," the vizier said, stammering as he shifted through his scrolls, "Uh... Once upon a time --"
    "If I ever hear those four words again I will behead you. Next."
    "Um... a long time ago in a galaxy far, far --"
    "Oh come on, the village idiot can do better than that! Also, I think I killed him already. He said something inappropriate about one of my many consorts."
    The Vizier sighed. it always came down to this.

"Do you wish to hear another story about you, wise Hakim Tariq?"
    "Yes."
    "Okay." The Vizier cleared his throat. "In a faraway land, the haunted mansion of Kincep loomed in the distance. The gallant prince drove his horse toward it in the twilight --"
    "Oh, I like this one! Be sure to embellish it... not so much that I notice though."
    "Uh..."
    "Get on with it!"
    "Yes, yes of course your excellency! As I was saying, the Great Hakim Tariq al-Zarqun was going adventuring because... uh... he was bored..."

The Hakim began to click his claws loudly on the armchair of his throne.

"I mean, because he was a person of Great Virtue and he did Extraordinary Things constantly --"
    "Better."

Character Sheet

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Krikkit, Kobold Monk
    Kobold_Guide_by_D_MAC.jpg

There are stories of a mysterious warrior-poet who strikes harder with his bare hands than most men can with a blade. They say he fights with the strength of a dragon, and that he fights to redeem the honor of his people. They say he is three and a half feet tall and that he smells, oddly, of cabbage.

These stories are accurate.

Background:
    Krikkit was always a curious kobold, and in his youth, his curiosity led him into many more encounters with the wider world than most of his insular tribe. Invariably, the other races treated him with derision and contempt because of his race. The little kobold swore that he would single-handedly change the reputation of his people. He sought out training as a monk, believing that the discipline of a psionic warrior would best demonstrate the potential of kobolds to better themselves. He strives to uphold law and deal favorably with all, to dispel the notion that kobolds are cowardly and untrustworthy. And when he learned that kobolds are distantly related to dragons, he began to emulate the mighty creatures in his fighting techniques. The monks of the World's Breath Monastery, where Krikkit eventually gained admittance through sheer persistence, were amazed at his tenacity and the vigor with which he pursued training.

Against all odds, Krikkit has succeed in gaining renown as a formidable fighter. He spouts mystical koans and sage wisdom in his squeaky voice. This, and his sticklike frame, do little to garner him fear or respect. When the little monk begins to fight, however, jaws tend to drop--and break.

Krikkit knows that a monk is not simply a fighter, and strives to perfect his mind as well as his body. To this end, he has taken to reading books of wisdom, and has even tried his hand at the art of poetry. Results have been ... unencouraging, thus far, but the little monk will surely apply his will as strongly to the composition of haikus as he has to turning his body into a weapon.

Krikkit saw the posting about the mysterious events at Kincep Manor, and is eager for another opportunity to right a perceived wrong and improve the standing of kobolds everywhere.

Saurfang on
  • squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Saurfang wrote: »
    Krikkit, Kobold Monk

Gah! So awesome, wish I'd thought of it first. I love kobolds, even more than little goblins named splug. Even the picture you used is pure awesome.

squishy-blob on
  • soxboxsoxbox Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Veronica Targen
    Human Storm Sorceress and Jilted Lover - http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2028

Story:
    The moment she summoned me from my office, I knew she was trouble. Tall, beautiful, powerful, she was everything an imp could want to corrupt. She said she wanted to find her missing boyfriend, but you could tell by the way she talked that she wanted more revenge than reunion.

You'd think these cases would be open and shut. A little scrying, a little searching, and Bam! you're back home waiting for some poor unsuspecting sap to call on you again. This woman, and this case, they were different. Every move I ever made, she was three steps ahead of me, turning every advantage to her own. She bound me up in contracts and promises, making me more slave than employee, yet unless she gave me a chance to think about it I barely even noticed.

For nearly half a decade, she's been trawling me round, searching for this lover that jilted her, this Jaccobux Kincep, drawing on my powers to keep her youth and beauty. Truth be told, it's clear she's more interested in the power and fortune he took with her when he left... You can imagine my relief when finally we heard news of activity at the old Kincep mansion. Perhaps finally I can figure out what happened to this Jaccobux of hers and rid myself of this damnable dame and finally get myself some rest.

Basically Veronica is a quintessential femme fatale - a jilted lover of Jaccobux who feels she's entitled to the Kincep fortune. She bound a more powerful devil, Dracy, into the form of an imp with a contract promising to serve him in exchange for reuniting her with Jaccobux and his fortune.

I'll probably bounce between narrating as Dracy and playing Veronica straight.

Portrait:
    Femme_Fatale_Desktop_by_stuntkid.jpg

soxbox on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am amused you have discounted Mystery Inc. Like, what do you think man, we aren't real applicants?

Tell 'em Fred!

REG Rysk on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll admit. I did not pickup on "Daig (the Bounty Hunter)" reference first time through. Then it clicked, :^:

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Björn "To Cook" Cheffsön
    Warforged "Iron Chef" (Runepriest)

Walking down the main thoroughfare of Jastonbury, Björn is singing a pleasant tune: "Flangen, Borngen, Uskee Diskee Doo, Eebork Ahdeer Ork, A Bork Bork Bork!"

Upon reading the sign in town posted in Lord Nelson's name, Björn throws his wooden spoon high in the air and exclaims:

"Ifery groop oof edfentoorers needs tu eat, und vhet better tu eat thun zee best cuukeeng ooff a vunderffool chef, bork, bork, bork!"

He catches his spoon as it comes back down and begins to stir his pot excitedly, dropping a pinch of yellow flower petals into the steamy broth. Suddenly a loud DING! comes from his chest and he smiles, stopping next to a little old lady arguing over the price of rutabagas at a roadside table. Opening the door to his chest cavity, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafts into the marketplace. He scoops out one of the baked morsels and offers it to the lady.

"Vuoold yuoo leeke-a tu try oone-a oof my chuculete-a cheep buer vheeskey cuukeees zeey ere-a qooeete-a deleeghtffool und shell poot yuoo in a better hoomur, Yah!"

The woman drops the rutabaga and runs down the street, glancing over her shoulder to make sure she isn't followed.

"Hmmph! Sume-a peuple-a joost dun't eppreceeete-a a guud cuuk vheen zeey see-a oone-a."

Picture:
    swedishchef.jpg

Mannerisms and Apperance:
    A watched pot never boils, and who can take their eyes away from this boisterous virtuoso of culinary delights? Slow to anger, he prefers to stew in his own thoughts as he creates the next masterful recipe. He is constantly stirring his pot, sprinkling in secret ingredients found during his travels. He is usually humming a tune in his native tongue (Swedish of course!), which helps him concentrate. He also creates powerful pastries and fearsome baked goods by utilizing his internal E-Z Bake oven. Nothing pleases him more than finding a new recipe and having someone sample his work. He will often bounce up and down excitedly as they try it, anticipating their joyous reaction to his recipes. He nearly always has a spoon or spatula in one hand and his trusty cookpot in the other, with his prized apron keeping any splatter at bay.

Background:
    There was once a great chef who served under a royal family with insatiable appetites. In order to fill their gustatory needs he commissioned several warforged servants. Their job would be to search out new recipes for the royal family, and procure the ingredients needed. Björn turned out to be quite exceptional in his service, and the chef began using his help to prepare some of the over-the-top feasts. Björn soon learned that the secret behind these delicacies was that the chef had learned to imbue the food with amazing powers, granted by Pelor himself. As he continued to work with the chef he began to not only learn the recipes for the delicious food, but to learn to harness the power granted by Pelor as well. He saw it as an amazing gift to be able to make people forget their troubles while at a table with family and friends.

The chef had a store room for his most secret ingredients that no one was allowed to enter, but Björn found he could not resist one day. The royal family had been remarking on how lovely dinner had been last night, and that it was like nothing they had ever tasted before! Dying to find out what had been the special additive to the recipe, he managed to remove the lock from the door and venture into the store room. He was horrified to find cages filled with twisted chimeras, unnatural beasts waiting pitifully to become that nights dinner! The chef had abused the gifts of Pelor and in his quest to create the greatest dishes anyone had ever known had defiled his kitchen. He could not get the picture out of his mind, and instead fled the city.

He has found his calling in a life of adventure, guided by the hand of Pelor in his search for new recipes and new ways to bolster his companions spirits through fine food and drink.

Why he's here
    Björn's been trying to find someone with a hearty appetite and in need of a good meal for a couple weeks now. He was travelling through Jastonbury when he saw the flier and thought to himself

"Yuoo knoo vhu eppreciates a guud meel? A heerty bund ooff edfentoorers in zee fece-a ooff dunger. Thet munseeun oon zee tup ooff zee heell luuks leeke-a zee perffect plece-a tu feend a lung furguttee deleeght, feet fur zee teble-a ooff a keeng. I moost infesteegete-a!"

Statblock:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Björn Cheffsön, level 12
    Warforged, Runepriest, Rune Shield
    Build: Defiant Runepriest
    Runic Artistry: Defiant Word

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 21, Con 16, Dex 11, Int 9, Wis 18, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 19 Will: 26
    HP: 83 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +10, Insight +15, Endurance +16, Athletics +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +6, Arcana +5, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +10, Heal +10, History +5, Intimidate +9, Nature +10, Perception +10, Stealth +6, Streetwise +7, Thievery +6

FEATS
    Level 1: Warforged Tactics
    Level 2: Battle Hardened
    Level 4: Courageous Example
    Level 6: Light of Order
    Level 8: Distant Advantage
    Level 10: Vicious Advantage
    Level 11: Weapon Proficiency (Flail)
    Level 12: Unfailing Courage

POWERS
    Runepriest at-will 1: Word of Exchange
    Runepriest at-will 1: Word of Binding
    Runepriest encounter 1: Executioner's Call
    Runepriest daily 1: Rune of Endless Fire
    Runepriest utility 2: Shield of Sacrifice
    Runepriest encounter 3: Word of the Blinding Shield
    Runepriest daily 5: Cage of Light
    Runepriest utility 6: Banner of Alliance
    Runepriest encounter 7: Symbol of Cowardice
    Runepriest daily 9: Unconquered Redoubt
    Runepriest utility 10: Rune of the Astral Winds

ITEMS
    Spiderkissed Flail +3, Bloodfire Drakescale Armor +3, Amulet of Protection +3, Adventurer's Kit, Bottle of Wine (5), Feast (one meal) (2), Oil (1 pint) (2), Rare Herbs (Nature) (5)
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

I hope to treat my cookpot as a flail for campaign purposes and my scale armor will be in the form of an apron. The apron has a flap to allow cookie extraction in times of need. Most of the "flavor" text will be discarded as I spice things up a bit using culinary references instead. Rather than inscribing runes, Björn makes cookies with Runic frosting and stirs a pot of alphabet soup.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
    edited June 2010
    I'll admit. I did not pickup on "Daig (the Bounty Hunter)" reference first time through. Then it clicked,

Well, I am known for my subtlety. I was also thinking about a dragonborn sorceror named TROGDOR! (in all caps, officially spelled with the exclamation point). But I think the joke would play out after the first time I burninated a peasant (or ghost thereof). I think I can roll the "burned out war vet living in a bad action movie" theme much further.

Smoove Operator on

edited June 2010
    Meet The Gnome!
    TheGnomeRaar.png

Mannerisms and Appearance
    The Gnome is, well, a Gnome. Short, pale, large black eyes, completely insane. He is also ridiculously skinny and not in the least bit frightening with his fur-lined armour and wooden sword. Then he starts hitting things. Really really hard. Whatever bizarre perversion of Primal Magic it is that powers his blows, for it surely isn't his noodle-arms, enables him to achieve feats of strength that would shame Minotaurs and descend depths of rage that would terrify a red dragon. Then he snaps out of it and reverts to his normal, perkily annoying self. His only given explanation for this (and nearly everything else, if you can get a word in edgewise) is also his terrible battle-cry: "I'm a barbaaarian! RAAR!"
    Also of note is that the Gnome has a "pet" badger, called Francis, which always seems to be on his person, regardless of what may have happened to horribly maim or kill it in the last five minutes. It apparently resents this miraculous resurrection, but it's difficult to tell with badgers.

Background
    If the Gnome has a real past, or a plan, it is apparent to no-one but himself, and possibly Francis. He just turned up at the inn nearest the Kincep estate one evening a few weeks ago, nearly drank the place dry, then became a fixture of the common room, where he tells anyone who will listen, as well as everyone unfortunate enough to be in earshot anyway, all about his many previous adventures. All of which are at least highly unlikely and quite a few of which are on the face of it physically impossible. Though at least two of the more, er, self-indulgent noble patrons of the place have quietly put it about that the provider of diagrammatic instructions pertaining to the one about the three barmaids, the egg and the hot water bottle will be handsomely rewarded.
    Why he's here
    Aside from scandalising the local hostelries, the Gnome's only other preoccupation appears to be killing things, even if they are already dead. And as he is not nearly as stupid as he acts, he is aware that doing this with permission and in anticipation of reward is better than most of the alternatives.

Mr_Rose on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Triumph
    Longtooth Shifter Cunning Bard - Silvertongued Scoundrel

Portrait:
    triumph.jpg
    Seriously, what is it with you nerds and deviantart?
    Oh yes, yes, you need to find a picture for pretending to be a girl elf.
    But do you really need about a million pictures of zebras shtupping dinosaurs?
    Just go to Mexico and pay some shady guy outside of a barn a few pesos like the rest of us, you wierdos.

Background:
    Yes, yes, backgrounds are great... FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Character Sheet

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    horseshoe this is unacceptable.

interrobang on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would want to sign up for this, ordinarily.

But 1. I've DM'ed this adventure before, and 2. I see so many awesome concepts I have to let them shine on.

Farangu on
  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Terrius - Minotaur Berserker (Blooded Champion)

Picture:
    minotaur.jpg
    Backstory :

... as Terrius charged him."Ha-ha good joke there orc... Too bad nobody will ever hear it again." The orcs had was split open after it hit the wall, the wall now covered in blood and gore. "Oh come on i just bought these boots - god damn orcs bleed like pigs, jeeze." As he cleaned his boots on the orcs leather shirt.
    " God damn orcs i get payed like dirt for this, I mean really orc tongues?I used to be top of my clan and for what? GOD DAMNED ORC TONGUES?. Meh. whatever gets me payed. Aaand thats the last one. That witch better give me some epic stuff for this man i'm not the Terri the charity minotaur here."
    There wasn't a witch. Good old Terrius had one too many knocks to the head, from all that charging he likes to do so much. The old knocker was not acting like it was supposed to.
    " So what now witch?What?GHOSTS?How am i supposed to kill ghosts?Figure it out?YOU FIGURE IT OUT!Ok,ok i'm going dont turn me into a toad god damn witch. By the way you better pay me handsomely for this.Yeah.. you better.."

Terrius used to be alpha in his clan before he moved out 5 years ago. Why did he move out? Because of that witch that started giving him stuff to do. And those boots? They were a near gift from some adventurer stranded who was going to be eaten by kobolds. He needed kobolds teeth for the witch from them. He got 153 kobold teeth to her and got some good boots.

Standing tall and proud, although a little less now, with the slight daze in his eye, Terrius is a towering giant with horns so hardened from all the use they have seen they seem like made from iron. Terrius used to enrage fast but rage as are all things diminish with age. Terrius wasn't old by any account. But he felt it. He felt every scar under his fur, every cracked bone, every chipped tooth after a charge. Like a fighter after his prime that's what he looked like.A little slow in the head but strong in the head at the same time. But the witch was giving him work that put that spark back in. He was feeling a little better now but he needed more then a challenge then orcs and kobolds.

Why he is here
    Sent by the witch to gather ghost "stuff".

I thought it would be funny to make this guy. I'm in a D&D game but its not pbp its maptool and it has not started yet.

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Finally got a picture of Daig up. I hope Mr. Selleck is cool with borrowing his 'stache.

Smoove Operator on

edited June 2010
    Presenting... Blackfeather, the Kenku Greatbow Ranger

"See that rabbit 100 feet away?"

Twang!
    Twang!
    Twang!

Well, with those three arrows now sticking out of it, you cannot miss it!

Picture:
    Untitled.png

Mannerisms and appearance:
    As the young bird-child asked around his village about his strange looking condition, many answered his questions with their own. Perhaps it was a curse of the gods? Perhaps it was some sick joke of a wizard or two? Who knows?

For him, the fact that he was raised by a tribe of forest elves, made things even more confusing to understand, especially since he wasn't an Elf.

Heck, he wasn't even a Human, or a Dwarf, or even those strange Shifter or Dragonborn folk he heard so much about!

He was a Kenku, a avian humanoid. Of course, he didn't knew that!

Nonetheless, the elves took pity on the 'cursed one' (as they call those in their tribe born with disabilities) and raised him as one of their own. Once the child was old enough, they called him Blackfeather (due to the black feathers the child grew). Soon, Blackfeather came to the conclusion that the elves weren't telling him the whole story. He believed that he was born outside of the tribe, and that he was raised by the tribe merely to be looked down upon by the long lived elves.

But Blackfeather hated being teated like some thing for others to stare at. Taking up the traditional bows of the tribe as though to prove something, Blackfeather set off on his own, intent on proving the world not to look at him like some sort of bloody spectacle!

With the physical appearance of a Kenku and raised by preservative forest elves, Blackfeather nonetheless share some traits of his feathered kind, most notably being mezmerised by shiny things like coins. He also soon developed the ability to mimick sounds, helping him to hunt his prey better during times of searching for food in forests.

As he traveled across the world, he has developed his marksmanship to near perfection.

What's he doing here?
    Blackfeather is in search of answers to his condition. One of his conclusions rummaging through his mind were, that if he was once an elf, that he was perhaps shapeshifted into this form by a wizard. He has therefore been in search of many wizards who might have mastery over polymorphism, or the art of shape-shifting and -altering. A recent lead has him in search of Kincep Mansion, due to the families' alleged ties to successful adventurers (perhaps of which might have been successful wizards). With no other leads to prominent wizards, Blackfeather has traveled to Jastonbury to seek employment to this 'Lordship Nelson'. And who knows, maybe he might earn some coinage throughout this whole ordeal.

The thought brought a strange satisfaction to Blackfeather. Oooh, shiny coins! How he so loved those things!

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2010
    Group Application - Mysteries Inc.
    gang1.jpg

"Hey, guys! Look at this!" The handsome blonde half-elf with the fetching Ascot neckerchief pulled a notice from the message post in Jastonbury's Market Square. "It looks like someone needs us to investigate a mystery!"

"Jinkies!" exclaimed the short bespectacled dwarven woman from around the level of his knees. She was dressed in a strange orange tunic, with a pleated leather skirt that served as some kind of armour. "My great-uncle's cousin's accountant once knew the ruling family of Jastonbury!"

Another half-elf, this one female, dressed in a rich purple gown - cut fashionably short at the thigh - and awesome fuck-me boots stepped up behind them. "Gee, guys. A job for us? How did they know to write that notice just for us?!?"

"Zoinks, Daphne," was the interjection from the scruffy-looking green guy with the mossy goatee. "I mean, I knew you were, uh, yeah. We just fit the bill. Right, Scoobs?"

"Ruh-roh," stated the borderline-unintelligible Gnoll that rounded out the party, before breaking off in a fit of giggles. All he wore was a collar with his name on it. 'Scoobs'.
    ~~ooOoo~~

Mysteries Incorporated are a group of five friends who totally hit it off at college, who now travel the lands in their faithful green-and-blue cart, the 'Mystery Machine', pulled by their faithful horse, the 'Mystery Mare', in search of mysteries to solve, ghosts to exorcise, and conniving villanous types with really, really convincing masks that have to be pulled off to reveal their true identities. They've been together for some time now, and are quite experienced in the solving of cryptic conundrums and weird happenings, but in truth, most of it all boils down to Velma figuring it all out, or being related to someone involved on the periphery. Dwarves get around.

They're here in Jastonbury, because that's what they do. They travel around in the Mystery Machine, looking for mysteries to solve! And treasure. Treasure's cool. They need it to get through college.
    gang2.jpg
    STARRING!
    freddyr.gif
    Kay as Fred "Freddie" Jones, Half-Elven valorous Bard, and Leader of the group. Lately, he's been reading a lot of the books the group liberate from occultists and demonologists. Jinkies!

daphne.jpg
    Arivia as Daphne Blake, Half-Elven Wild Sorcerer, utterly clueless femme fatale, who usually manages to beat the bad-guys totally like by accident, utterly! For sure!

velman.jpg
    Rawkking Goodguy as Velma Dinkley, Dwarven Shielding Swordmage, the brains behind the outfit. She knows one hell of a lot, dwarves tend to have good memories.

shaggy.jpg
    REG Rysk as Shaggy Rogers, Wilden Seeker, 'cannibus-ibal' and complete coward. He's pretty handy with his experimental 'dope-arrows', though. He usually hides behind...

scooby.jpg
    Delmain as Scooby Doo, Gnoll Monk, and team mascot. Plus, he's decent in a bar brawl, if you can convince him to get over his craven cowardice.

(Just waiting on the sheet from Arivia, and then it's complete.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • KeldonusKeldonus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stone Stoneson, Dwarven Dreadnought Fighter

About as Dwarven as they come, Stone, son of Stone, son of Stone, enjoys spending long spells just sitting and staring at mountains, cliffs, ravines, boulders, or the like. The eldest son of a family of hard rock miners, he gave up the mining business at an early age to become an adventurer, but occasionally feels pangs of guilt over leaving his family behind, not that he shows any through his archetypal Dwarven stoicism.

He is of about average Dwarf height, slightly stockier than most, and has a long beard of gray with shocks of red running through it.

Why he's here
    He has wandered over vast areas, and faced many challenges over the years. He came to Jastonbury for a period of rest and recovery following a rough delve into Stoneheart's Folly Mine. As much as a good vacation sounds, he can't help but try to solve the mystery behind this "haunted" manor

Statblock (don't have DDI)
    I hope I figured this out right. As I mentioned, I don't have DDI, so I did this by hand. Also, I'm new to D&D (but not this type of gaming).

Stone Stoneson, level 12
    Dwarf, Fighter
    Build: Great Weapon Fighter
    Fighter Talents: Two-Handed Weapon
    Paragon Path: Dreadnought

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 21, Con 19, Dex 11, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 10.

AC: 28 Fort: 21 Reflex: 18 Will: 19
    HP: 110 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
    Intimidate +11, Endurance +17, Athletics +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +6, Arcana +6, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +9, Heal +7, History +6, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion + 6, Stealth +6, Streetwise +6, Thievery +6

FEATS
    Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training
    Level 2: Toughness
    Level 4: Dodge Giants
    Level 6: Shield the Fallen
    Level 8: Potent Challenge
    Level 10: Power Attack
    Level 11: Daunting Challenge
    Level 12: Stonefoot Reprisal
    + bonus: Weapon Expertise: Hammer

POWERS
    Fighter at-will 1: Reaping Strike
    Fighter at-will 1: Cleave
    Fighter encounter 1: Passing Attack
    Fighter daily 1: Comeback Strike
    Fighter utility 2: Defensive Stance
    Fighter encounter 3: Parry & Ripost
    Fighter daily 5: Cometfall Charge
    Fighter utility 6: Settling the Score
    Fighter encounter 7: Come and Get it
    Fighter daily 9: Terrifying Impact
    Fighter utility 10: Into the Fray
    Paragon encounter 11: Inexorable Advance
    Paragon utility 12: Blood Iron

ITEMS
    Bloodthirsty Mordenkrad +3, Wyvenscale Armor of Resistance (resist 10 psychic) +3, Medallion of Death Deferred +2, Adventurer's Kit,

Keldonus on
  • KeldonusKeldonus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Endless" Zendar, Halfling Chaos Mage Sorceror

"Endless" Zendar (his surname is long-since forgotten) wields an array of unstable magic, and it shows. From a distance, he may be mistaken for a conventional mystic or cleric, but upon further inspection, he is a mess of tics and strange habits. Constantly looking like he just got out of bed, his hair is a perpetual mess, his clothes often don't match, and his prized magic robe is severely creased. His eyes dart around wildly, and he frequently mutters things quietly to himself. At times, he will stare off into the distance, transfixed by something that no one else can see, usually followed by maddened scribbling into one of his jealously guarded journals. A set of 3 mismatched, heavily-weathered leather-bound tomes, he keeps them in his satchel, letting no one near, to the point of trying to keep them hidden from sight at all time.

Why he's here
    Zendar broke from his most recent adventuring party months ago to follow some sort of "trail", the nature of which he keeps to himself (if he even knows it). This trail has led him to the vicinity of Jastonbury, where he's been skulking around, creeping out the locals for a couple weeks now. Upon seeing the notice posted for the investigation into the house, he tidied up, and walked straight to go see Lord Nelson

Stat Block (again, no DDI)
    Again, I hope that I did this right. By hand, as I have no DDI.

"Endless" Zendar, level 12
    Halfling, Sorceror
    Build: Chaos Sorceror
    Spell Source: Wild Magic
    Paragon Path: Wild Mage

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 14, Dex 19, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 22.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 17.

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 19 Will: 26
    HP: 81 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +11, Bluff +19, Dungeoneering +11, Insight +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +10, Athletics +6, Diplomacy +12, Endurance +8, Heal +6, History +6, Intimidate +12, Nature +12, Perception +12, Stealth +10, Streetwise +12, Thievery +12

FEATS
    Level 1: Arcane Spellfury
    Level 2: Halfling Agility
    Level 4: Alertness
    Level 6: Sorcerous Blade Channelling
    Level 8: Timely Respite
    Level 10: Distant Advantage
    Level 11: Wild Spellfury
    Level 12: Psychic Lock
    + bonus: Implement Expertise: Staff

POWERS
    Sorceror at-will 1: Chaos Bolt
    Sorceror at-will 1: Dragonfrost
    Sorceror encounter 1: Bedeviling Burst
    Sorceror daily 1: Chromatic Orb
    Sorceror utility 2: Unseen Aid
    Sorceror encounter 3: Spectral Claw
    Sorceror daily 5: Reeling Torment
    Sorceror utility 6: Swift Escape
    Sorceror encounter 7: Chaos Storm
    Sorceror daily 9: Contagious Curse
    Sorceror utility 10: Devour Magic
    Paragon encounter 11: Tempest Surge
    Paragon utility 12: Torrent of Power

ITEMS
    Staff of Ruin +3, Robe of Scintillation +3, Amulet of Protection +3, Adventurer's Kit, Several personal journals

Keldonus on
  • bladecruiserbladecruiser Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hrm. Crazy character ideas are welcome, eh? Alrighty!

Tetter, Bullywug Frenzied Berserker

Background
    Tetter was always the "runt" of his family. He only stands 6' tall, and weighs under 250lbs. While for most other races, this would be an imposing sight, Tetter is a mutated bullywug, and his brothers are all over 6'6'' and weigh at least 300lbs. Tetter is also considered a failure for not primarily fighting with his fists and feet, but instead choosing to use a greataxe. Tetter tries to make up for his disappointing stature by proving himself in combat, always trying to be the best brawler in his family. He has mostly succeeded, and it's done wonders for his self esteem. He now finds himself attempting to puzzle out a translation of the posted note, knowing that it has something important written on it since a dozen other intimidating figures have already stopped to read it today.

Portrait
    battletoads.jpg
    Yes, he is a battletoad.

bladecruiser on