As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

good concept artists

ApathyKillsApathyKills __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2007 in Artist's Corner
post links to some good concept artists. I was thinking along the lines of character designs and whatnot.
here's my contribution:
http://conceptart.org/
some pretty great stuff there.

I was also wondering if someone could help me find a particular artist/site. I probably don't remember enough about it to be helpful, but I remember the name of whatever project it was (not sure if it was a game or a manga or what) started with the word soul. soul something. pretty elaborate designs. one was of a jester looking thing. one was a woman in a black dress with all these crazy spikey looking things attached to her. they were kind of final fantasy esque with a bit opf a comic book feel. that probably doesn't help, but I'm desperate.

deleted courtesy orikae
ApathyKills on

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Don't post threads without art in them
    take this to to chat thread/ somewhere else

RubberAC on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    You're making it really hard to maintain my status quo of not locking threads.

Here's a heads up: Don't make a thread about other people's art--post your own work. If you have a particular question, we have two appropriate threads for that. The aptly named "Questions, Discussions and Tutorials" thread and to a different degree you can always ask in the chat thread.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I read the rules and didn't feel like this contradicted any of them. this is a chat thread of sorts and those are allowed. I just don't see anything wrong with posting some links for inspiration. lock it if you like.

ApathyKills on
    deleted courtesy orikae
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I have posted my own work before. that was in the old forums though.

ApathyKills on
    deleted courtesy orikae
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    this is a chat thread of sorts and those are allowed.

:lol: Oh, that's rich. I like it. Please, go on and explain how our forum works some more.
    lock it if you like.

No problem. Put this in the Questions Discussion and Tutorials thread if you want some replies.

Grifter on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    "ApathyKills"... more like Apathy to the rules gets your thread locked by Grif. lolz

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
This discussion has been closed.