As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat]aclysm: still not here

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This whole there is no try thing is horseshit, because when you're attempting something and you don't yet know if you're capable of completing the task, then you are in fact trying.

The whole purpose of saying do or do not but don't try is just to say believe in yourself, but the truth is, some people shouldn't believe in themselves to complete certain tasks. They're going to 'do not' regardless, and they'd be better off finding something easier that they're capable of. The sooner people start teaching their kids that they can't all be president and they actually have a ceiling based on how intelligent they were born and how hard they work, the better.

As a bonus, there will be more kids who take up drinking.

:mrgreen:

That last part was a joke.

Joshmvii on
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Ultimately though you either do or do not. It's an absolute sort of view.

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

That's funny because that means the Jedi are also Sith.

OH SNAPS!

Mutilate on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tilt your hand to the side, ever so slightly, and then say you lost interest. You did try to drop the penny. Most things in life are not "this" or "that", though, sometimes, you can measure things based solely on if you did or didn't do something.

If you were walking through the desert and thirsty, you can definitely try to drink. The outcome of the action is inconsequential to the process of attempting it. Yoda was right in that an outcome of a situation can never be "I tried." But, like all old people, he's tripped on more cocaine than ghostcrawler.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My warlock thread is gone too. It's an anti-tree movement I tells ya.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited June 2010
    The trees will rise up against our oppressors though! Raise your branches to the sky!

Mutilate on
    edited June 2010
    Throw your limbs in the ayer, ayer.

Gnutson on
    edited June 2010
    and wave em like there is a strong breeze outside...

Mutilate on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    To be fair, the best fix for BEM didn't happen until WoTLK. That place is terrible without flying mounts.

It's actually somewhat reasonable now, but very few people quest there unless they are finishing off loremaster or didn't know better and went there instead of Nagrand.
    I always do the Death's Door questline to get that sweet blue neckpiece.

Which is replaced by Alliance within an hour of Borean Tundra, but any quest which involves killing giant hairy eyeballs is not to be missed.

Fairchild on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

It's still there, just noone has posted in it for over 2 weeks, so it doesn't show up in the default display.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    End wrote: »

It's still there, just noone has posted in it for over 2 weeks, so it doesn't show up in the default display.

Even warlocks don't like warlocks.

Regina Fong on
    edited June 2010

Lazy freakin' warlocks.

edit- And look at me just discoving the default display now :| Is my face red.

Gnutson on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dyscord wrote: »
    so, is there a date/season/year announced for cataclysm, yet? Or is it still to be released soon(tm)?

Nothing announced, but since it's a given that it'll be before the end of 2010, I'm guessing October/November.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited June 2010
    It's crazy that Blizzard can manage to keep people interested for 2 damn years between expansions. I guess releasing cool new raid content/5 mans/shit like LFD and all that really goes a long way.

Joshmvii on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, adding new content and making improvements to the game keep people playing. Who knew?

reVerse on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, adding new content and making improvements to the game keep people playing. Who knew?

Let me tell you, it blew my fucking mind. Call me old fashioned, but I like my games to be boring, repetitive, and dull.

Who took my ball and stick!?

/rocks in chair

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dyscord wrote: »
    so, is there a date/season/year announced for cataclysm, yet? Or is it still to be released soon(tm)?

No go to hell Kana.

Hamurabi on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Let me tell you, it blew my fucking mind. Call me old fashioned, but I like my games to be boring, repetitive, and dull.

Who took my ball and stick!?

/rocks in chair

You got a ball and stick? Fucking elitist.

ironzerg on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We plan to add an additional balancing mechanism to the Wintergrasp queue system some time after patch 3.3.5.
    Gee, that's specific. So anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for broken servers to have a less shitty Wintergrasp experience?

forty on
    edited June 2010
    forty wrote: »
    We plan to add an additional balancing mechanism to the Wintergrasp queue system some time after patch 3.3.5.
    Gee, that's specific. So anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for broken servers to have a less shitty Wintergrasp experience?

I think it depends on just how much of a buggy piece of shit Battle.net 2.0 turns out to be. Once they get that sorted they'll keep working with other things.

reVerse on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, bnet 2.0 will probably break WG in some bizarre way anyway, so they'll have to fix that first. ;-)

Don't ask me how.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm downloading this again for the summer on my Macbook Pro and Jesus Christ, this is a slow ass download. I'm getting like 85 kbps, and it's installing even slower. After about eight hours, I'm 11% of the way through

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    edited June 2010

Snarkiness aside, 2 years is a long time between expansions for an MMO. Well, except WoW, who kind of makes rules now.

Joshmvii on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone play earlier today? At least on my server/battlegroup there was some big problem with the LFD tool. None of the instances would load and people were crashing on trying to enter them.

Vincent Grayson on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone play earlier today? At least on my server/battlegroup there was some big problem with the LFD tool. None of the instances would load and people were crashing on trying to enter them.

That happened to Feathermoon last night.

Tomanta on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »

Even warlocks don't like warlocks.

Tis true

Brainleech on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So wait, if 3.3.5 isn't going to have Ruby Sanctum at launch and it's not going to have the new Wintergrasp, then what the blue bloody fuck is it going to have?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    So wait, if 3.3.5 isn't going to have Ruby Sanctum at launch and it's not going to have the new Wintergrasp, then what the blue bloody fuck is it going to have?

The sacking of Gnomeregan. Where fire is put to the various clutch of eggs and other vile places.

Also where we help the Trolls retake thier island resort from the striking workers

Brainleech on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's going to have full Battle.net integration, then a few weeks later once the Battle.net shit is done, they'll open up the Sanctum.

It won't have the Gnome/Troll reclamation operations, those will sit dormant until closer to Cata.

Opty on
    edited June 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

Snarkiness aside, 2 years is a long time between expansions for an MMO. Well, except WoW, who kind of makes rules now.

The only reason WoW's huge wait between expansions works as well as it does is because each one essentially resets the game and makes the previous content obsolete. Very few other MMOs do that, preferring instead to just add new content while keeping the old stuff worth doing.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

That happened to Feathermoon last night.

Happened twice that I know of to Draenor as well.

skorch on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Boo. Replacement Champions thread isn't up yet.

So I will pollute this thread.

Regina Fong on
  • AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mturalon wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    Asuma wrote: »
    So considering re-subbing to farm for heirlooms for a Cata rogue with my 80 Hunter (partial T8). Would like to get the chest piece, shoulders, and daggers. I have never farmed for heirlooms before - what kind of grind should I expect?

Well how many Champion Seals do you have? How many Lich King Emblems do you have? Are you willing to go with the resilience shoulders to cut down on grind time?

You are looking at 80 emblems for the shoulders and chest, 50 emblems each for the haste trinkets, 40 emblems each per weapon. Then winning the fishing thing in northrend if you want the ring.

You can break that up if you have a lot of champion seals or if you are willing to go with resilience items you need the stoneshards from holding Wintergrasp.

plus the PvP shoulders are better for the rogues anyway (have agi instead of just sta) = 200 keeper shards

ideally you'd want the... pvp shoulders, pve chest, 2 haste trinkets, 2 daggers and the bow.

think its 40 emblems for the chest, 50 for the haste trinket and 40 for the dagger.

seals would be 60 for chest, 75 for haste trinket and 60 for dagger.

Mix and match as you see fit, keep in mind that at max rep you can ideally farm 13 seals / day if you do all 9 dailies and the 5 man instance every day.

So resubbed and checked my character... turns out I do have quite a lot of crap accumulated.

Emblem Conquest x9
    Emblem Frost x4
    Emblem Heroism x34
    Emblem Triumph x9
    Emblem Valor x58

Champion's Seal x82

Stone Keeper's Shard x244

Since I don't intend to play this Hunter beyond getting the heirlooms, guess I should convert some emblems? Should I buy in any particular order or currency since some are easier to get than others?

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Help me chat thread. I've hit an impasse. I need a few more gear upgrades to hit 5k gearscore, but i'm not sure what to replace or how to replace it! Aside from frost badges, which are hard to get as a pally tank that's slightly too low for ICC. Suggestions? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&cn=Dohaeris

SniperGuy on
    edited June 2010
    Asuma wrote: »
    So resubbed and checked my character... turns out I do have quite a lot of crap accumulated.

Emblem Conquest x9
    Emblem Frost x4
    Emblem Heroism x34
    Emblem Triumph x9
    Emblem Valor x58

Champion's Seal x82

Stone Keeper's Shard x244

Since I don't intend to play this Hunter beyond getting the heirlooms, guess I should convert some emblems? Should I buy in any particular order or currency since some are easier to get than others?

You can convert emblems downward until you get to Heroisms, which Heirlooms require. If you're wanting to go for the bare minimum for a Rogue, which are the shoulders, chest piece, and two melee weapons, you're looking at a total of 160 emblems, most of which you have already. If you're really close to the Crusader title for the Tournament (Exalted Champion of the Alliance/Horde plus Argent Crusade and Silver Covenant/Sunreavers at Exalted), you can use the seals you have now on a weapon or armor to save you 40 emblems.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just stumbled onto this, its not wow, but I thought some of you guys might be interested.
    nsfw blood and gore...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvxjnwbMPI

As for wow related, my DK is coming along nicely, his tank set is getting better, but he still takes a ton of damage. I'm going blood tank right now, and wondering if unholy and frost 2h tank specs are totally dead and not worth while?

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A friend's account as hacked last night.

I've noticed lately that this has been happening for a lot of people. Some widely-used mod out there must have been compromised or something.

Henroid on
    edited June 2010
    I think there's an easily exploitable vulnerability in Flash again.

edit: Yup

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25399740245&sid=1

reVerse on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    A friend's account as hacked last night.

I've noticed lately that this has been happening for a lot of people. Some widely-used mod out there must have been compromised or something.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000822

Seriously guys, seriously.

ironzerg on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Boo. Replacement Champions thread isn't up yet.

So I will pollute this thread.
    why is it that the CO thread was locked at page 100 even though this thread hit page 100 3 hours earlier?

I'm guessing the issue with a new CO thread is that it's hard to pull info from the OP when the thread is locked. I'm not planning on making the next CO thread, by the way.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I noticed that one of my characters has like 79 badges of justice. Anything you can do with those? Or are they pretty much useless?

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
This discussion has been closed.