As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Phalla All-Stars (Mafia Victory)

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thorgot has been pinging my radar for quite some time. Sorry I haven't been as attentive the last couple days, I drove back home for a couple days while I got a break from school. Should be back in Orlando later tonight, but I don't know if it will be before vote close.

thorgot

Orange Soda on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thorgot must die!

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well with that comic, KIRBO is now officially canon imo.

Going to totally have him make an appearance in my main.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    Well with that comic, KIRBO is now officially canon imo.

Going to totally have him make an appearance in my main.
    kirbosmileyworkinggx1.gif:^:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh yes and !Thorgot

voting is an important part of a balanced diet

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i do not wish do to this !thorgot but i must the walls are breaking down stability fails there is no structure anymore entropy reigns nothing is certain there is no real framework anymore

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    !thor.... got?

Delmain on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What's the reason for the Thorgot vote?

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This:
    B:L wrote: »
    I think !Thorgot is being suspicious for directing several bad bandwagons.

Darian on
    edited June 2010
    Hmmmm. Gonna hold off on the Thorgot vote until we get a little better reason. He could just be a misguided villager, although I don't know how anyone plays so maybe he's usually perceptive and good to follow?

Besides, if the trend continues, he'll do an Epic Reveal before much more time is up anyways.

Sir Fabulous on

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmmmm. Gonna hold off on the Thorgot vote until we get a little better reason. He could just be a misguided villager, although I don't know how anyone plays so maybe he's usually perceptive and good to follow?

Besides, if the trend continues, he'll do an Epic Reveal before much more time is up anyways.

Sir Fabulous...
    Colbert_Notice.jpg

I will back the Thorgot vote

REG Rysk on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There is something I need to check about the LoserforHireX wagon. Since I remember that day seeming a bit divided. Ebfan was willing to jump on rather early. So its possible he was the one "really good" vote a few mafia wanted to have on their records.

Aegis possibly has the worst vote record in regards to what side to take on the wagons. Considering the size of this game and how TheLaw ,simonwolf and Frostmist turned out (the difference between them and was Eb voting for LFHX).

I need to see how divided that day was ..especially at the time of voting... I would gravitate toward Aegis if it weren't for the past results which indicate mafia would probably be covering there tracks a bit better. Or at least have something they can point to (ala eb)

Egos on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Sir Fabulous...
    Colbert_Notice.jpg

I will back the Thorgot vote

That makes him look slightly undone in the mid80s. Poor Colbert. Don't you think so, thorgot?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    what information is in a voting record entropy is at full strength in early days and grows smaller as the village finds focus but then the impossible happens and trust breaks down no-one believes anyone anymore everyone is a suspect a clever mafioso leading the crowd a helpful villager directing the many or perhaps an anarchic force of nature

there are no patterns the blocks are shaky fragile reasoning forms weak hypotheses and the state of the environment returns to entropy anarchy entropy

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    what information is in a voting record entropy is at full strength in early days and grows smaller as the village finds focus but then the impossible happens and trust breaks down no-one believes anyone anymore everyone is a suspect a clever mafioso leading the crowd a helpful villager directing the many or perhaps an anarchic force of nature

there are no patterns the blocks are shaky fragile reasoning forms weak hypotheses and the state of the environment returns to entropy anarchy entropy

thank you kay

i must say, i wonder where these posts where i directed bandwagons are

perhaps someone who has voted for me could do me a favor and find them?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    im not a fan of this thorgot train. in fact, if we look to the LFHX vs Law wagon, we will see that he was 6th on the LFHX push, practically solidifying it.

further, he was not on the cj or T_R wagon at all. if he was mafia, why wouldnt he be trying to increase T_R's lead?

again, he was not on the ronrab or ??? wagons. this doesnt tell us as much as the other two, which were close contests and would likely need most of the mafia to vote together.

finally, he was 4th on the teucrian wagon. it was right after infidel, but not a 'this is a seer confirmed evil'.

i dont think thorgot is evil.

we need to be looking for early throwaway votes on random people and late counter wagon pushes.

the ron/??? and daius/teucrian wagons tell us little, but the other 2 are much better data. so, because of this, i am voting malkor

as a side note, please dont just look at this and say 'wall of text? ok, ill vote malkor too!' read my points carefully and decide for yourselves. we lost law because of some people doing that with my last post, and if it continues, well, ill just stop doing analysis.

psolms on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegis has been on two mafia counter wagons.
    But I guess since Thorgot lead some he is more likely.

Extermatott on
    edited June 2010
    as a matter of fact, in looking through thorgots votes, whoever said that he was leading bad wagons was blatantly lying. we need to look close at the people pushing this wagon. it might not be too late.

psolms on
    edited June 2010
    the whims of hope are many and fluid !malkor is as good as any other this one has had its 'feelings' swayed by the wall of text presented by entity psolms do not sway with anarchy make your own choice cast your vote for the evB:L within us all

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    edited June 2010
    psolms i'm not voting malkor because of the wall of text
    i'm voting that way because you're way better at this game than me

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Day 4 Bws
    TheLaw : end thelaw (13) vs LFHX (15)
    1.The Reflection 3284
    2.Romantic Undead 3328 - killed by mafia
    3.REG Rysk: 3348
    4.FrostMist 3353 -killed by vote
    5.Aegis 3359
    6.Daius 3346
    7.Winky -3356 - killed by vigis
    8.Shanic 3363 - killed by vigi
    9.ForceVoid 3368 - killed by vigis
    10.daniant 3374 - killed by Tank
    11.LoserforHireX 3384 - killed by vote
    12.Malkor 3399
    13.Taranis 3416 - killed by vote

LoserforHireX

LFHX
    1.Jackisreal(3250)
    2.Infidel(3263)
    3.Ebfan (3264) - killed by vigis
    4.B:L (3274)
    5.Egos(3316)
    6.Thorgot (3355)
    7.Simonwolf (3375) - killed by vigis
    8.Spectrum (3379) - killed by mafia
    9.Mr. Blarney (3390) - killed by maia
    10.Orange Soda (3391)
    11.Phyphor (3397) - killed by mafia
    12.The Anonymous (3400) - killed by mafia
    13.Vagrant_winds (3403) - killed by vigis
    14.Delph (3406) - killed by mafia
    15.Notch/psolms (3425)

extermatott
    1. Delphinidaes 3195
    1.Gumpy 3240
    2.Bliss 101 3243
    3.REG Rysk 3290 (switched to Law 3348)
    4.shalmelo 3304
    5.AoR Final 3306
    6.Alegis 3308
    7.Frosteey 3310
    8. Notch/psolms 3317 (switched to LFHX 3425)
    9.crimsoncoyote 3342 (switched off Wildcat)

Darian
    Ringo 3281 (switched from Toxic)
    Toxic Toys 3293 (switched from Ringo)
    Extermatott 3296 (switched to ???)
    Sepah 3297
    Forcevoid 3368 (switched to TheLaw)

*in edit

Egos on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, actually, when did he lead a counter wagon?

Extermatott on
    edited June 2010
    thorgot your thanks are appreciated :):):)

your politeness will be remembered when the world ends your death shall be quick and painless and perhaps taste like candycanes and sunshine while puppies play at your feet in their own piss shit and vomit :):):)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have changed my mind. This time around, Arivia is evil and not helpful for the village. The prior post and other information has come into play for this. I am not saying I trust thorgot or think he is not mafia, but I very definitively believe Arivia is mafia.

REG Rysk on
    edited June 2010
    ok, so looking at todays vote:

B:L and Mr D started the wagon on thorgot with shaky reasoning.

i voted aegis on a hunch and was followed by thorgot.

shalmelo went for buzz.

jackisreal came in and pushed aegis to an early lead.

then enlightenedbum said "thorgot is evil, the way im reading the voting patterns". what does this even mean? (score: 3-3 aegis/thorgot 1 buzz)

alegis and frosty added to thorgot and buzz respectively. (4/3/2 t/a/b)

then darian (someone who has a strange position in the LFHX/Law counter wagon) votes thorgot, starting a flurry of thorgot votes.

here's my read:

aegis, darian and possibly ebum are evil. i still dont trust malkor, but i would rather go with one of these.

though, if it turns out that thorgot is evil, i wont feel bad for you suspecting me.

psolms on
    edited June 2010
    in the interest of putting up a candidate who actually could topple the thorgot wagon, i return to my vote on aegis

psolms on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm. If we're not going thorgot - aegis seems to pop up in most lists. all roads lead to rome?

Alegis on
    edited June 2010
    At this point I'm willing to go with thorgot, seeing that extramatott had a lead over LFHX until Mr. Blarney's vote when they were tied up (not mention blarney was killed by the mafia along with spec).

and thelaw vote had a lead over lfhx until anonymous's post (3400) and he was also killed by mafia.

It wouldn't surprise me if people jumped on LFHX, and potentially extramatott (if he is mafia, he would be smart so sacrifice due to what I understand is grudge material) ; could also explain why delph got killed off by the mafia.

Egos on
    edited June 2010
    dammit psolms you're giving me whiplash aegis

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the work, psolms
    I still think Buzz is evil,
    but your thoughts make sense

I'll go with aegis,
    as I've also had my eye
    on him for a while.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    edited June 2010
    Ahhh. Waiting on the Thorgot wagon paid off. Aegis seems to be on alot of the "Suspect people on this list" lists.

Also he hurt my head at the beginning of the game.

Sir Fabulous on

edited June 2010
    Hi, your friendly neighborhood Never Evil here. And your currently active Network Mouthpiece.

Thanks for the voting records. THORGOT has been seered as evil, however.

Would you kindly redirect your votes onto thorgot? Thanks.

edited June 2010
    vigs: please dont screw tonight up

psolms on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also he hurt my head at the beginning of the game.

This was entirely Alegis' fault!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2010
    sorry, i feel like you should have said that earlier beel.

right now there are 31 players in this game. from a starting point of 87. assume maximum mafia: 17 (20%). we have killed 5.

this means there are 12/31 players still mafia in this game.

tomorrow, there will be 12/26 if we dont a) hit mafia with vote and b) hit mafia with both vig's.

we are in do or die time right now.

and now that theres a concentrated effort to push towards aegis, you are all of a sudden the network mouthpiece?

sorry "Never:Evil". i dont buy it.

(unfortunately, i bet enough people will. so i say good game to you sir.)

psolms on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A 17 person mafia? Jeebus. Have things changed that much since I was last here? That seems way over the top, even for a game as large as this one.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited June 2010
    im not saying for sure, just that we have to assume the worst

psolms on
    edited June 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    sorry "Never:Evil". i dont buy it.
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    B:L is fine you geese.
    It's the truth. The network wants everyone to move their votes onto thorgot, who's been seered as evil.

• Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know that we do have to assume the worst, actually. I mean, there were a few neutral players in the game (precisionk, and whoever Arivia was the first time that I don't feel like looking to find out right now, potentially more), and now there's Lady Eri. So, it seems like there were enough other forces that might be potentially anti-village so that 17 mafia seems a little excessive. I don't know, I'm always lowballing the mafia numbers in games like these where we have no info, but I'd be surprised if there were more than 12 initially.

Not like this matters too too much, since it's all speculation, but I don't think we're up shit creek without a paddle just quite yet.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited June 2010
    All we have to do is put down our three targets for tonight. Who we vote for who one vig kills and who the other vig kills.

Extermatott on