As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I saw an olaf go 3v1 with a poppy, sivir, and morgana (I think it was morgana, can't quite remember) and killed poppy and morgana and sent sivir running.

It was disgusting.

Oh, I think the poppy started at halfish health.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, you seem to have a few valid complaints, and a few, "OMG, no one should ever escape my ganks ever." Summoner skills can be annoying as piss sometimes (I hate ignite most personally), but the game doesn't really work without them. Otherwise you run into a lot of situations where being skimmed by a slow is an instant death, and that's the worst thing ever.

It's not so much summoner spells alone, it's summoner spells in unison with heals and/or Janna/Shen shields.

If you run up against a heal team with all Cleanse and Ghost, they won't die. Ever. Cleanse/Ghost and Cleanse/Flash, in general, are just a really unfair combo IMO. I think people should be limited to only one defensive summoner spell (and I suppose one offensive summoner spell and one utility summoner spell).

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, you seem to have a few valid complaints, and a few, "OMG, no one should ever escape my ganks ever." Summoner skills can be annoying as piss sometimes (I hate ignite most personally), but the game doesn't really work without them. Otherwise you run into a lot of situations where being skimmed by a slow is an instant death, and that's the worst thing ever.

It's not so much summoner spells alone, it's summoner spells in unison with heals and/or Janna/Shen shields.

If you run up against a heal team with all Cleanse and Ghost, they won't die. Ever. Cleanse/Ghost and Cleanse/Flash, in general, are just a really unfair combo IMO. I think people should be limited to only one defensive summoner spell (and I suppose one offensive summoner spell and one utility summoner spell).

If they added/tweaked a few summoner spells, having 1 Offensive and 1 Utility/Defense (or maybe even three) would be a fantastic way to do it. That is a great idear. Done well, it ought to make character customization even more dynamic and balance things proportionately. Ideally.

Galielmus on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wow. Someone let me mid as kennen... I rushed malady and just beat this TF up the whole game. He was at 20% or less pretty much the entire time he was solo laning against me.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I'd say the easier fix is to change a couple metagame elements. Make Ex Call better (on hit passive to be specific), make an AP Ex Call, and make Warwick's and Malzahar's ults lock out summoner spells for their duration. Ideally, wrap up by having an anti-buff / debuff hero.

Ghost / Cleanse isn't inherently unreasonable.

programjunkie on
    edited June 2010
    Ghost / Cleanse isn't inherently unreasonable.

Clearly you haven't played against Ghost/Cleanse Singed on TT.

Quite possibly the most frustrating experience in this entire game

ChopperDave on
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    just had the most nutso game
    74 minutes long. We were ALL sporting the best gear we could get for our chars. All turrets destroyed, all inhibitors destroyed for at least 20 minutes. Neither of us could make a decent push at each other.

We ended up losing, I would say that is because their team had 5 while we had 4. We had a real good Ryze dip out on us because the game was going too long. This happened when we were like level 12.

Also, I played AP shaco that game and loved it. Jack in the Box is hilarious and exploding clones are hilarious. Anyone know a good build? I was kinda winging it.

Evilsville on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rak managed to talk me into playing this game last night. It was pretty fun. I might have to play some more tonight.

That_Guy on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I've been out of the loop. What's Taric's new ult?

He used to have a sweet aoe heal on his ult. Now it just heals him (with a horrible coefficient) and adds token autoattack damage to him and his allies. It also drains progressively stacking amounts of mana while you have it on, thus destroying your pool. It's pretty horrible.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this is a very fun game

although sometimes making you play with chimpanzees is a downside

i need to play champions i haven't really played before

pick for me: rammus/nasus/morgana/janna/soraka/udyr

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Rak managed to talk me into playing this game last night. It was pretty fun. I might have to play some more tonight.

You racoon and asiina and all those other fucks need to play with the rest of us.

I need fresh meat.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

What? When did that stoner start playing LoL? I'm done with spring quarter finally so I should be back around for games more often. I'm still completely fucking horrible, however.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

man raccoon callisto plays this??

gotta play a game with that dood

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited June 2010
    haha YESSS

all of us quoting that guy a minute apart

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited June 2010
    we fucking own mang

Butterfly Boy on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this is a very fun game

Any of those but Nasus? Nasus to me seems pretty boring when his ult his down, but obviously, if you pull off his ult in a team fight without getting CC'd to death, you do become destroyer of worlds.

Personally, of those, I'd say either rammus, morgana, and janna are the most fun.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    edited June 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    haha YESSS

all of us quoting that guy a minute apart

I feel special!

That_Guy on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hi, I'm playing Evelynn. I know you asked me not to in pre-game chat, but I'm doing it anyway. Oh look, 20 minutes in, their Cho'Gath has Oracle's. Hey guys, can you please focus Cho'Gath first? I can't attack until you do.

Oh look, I'm not engaging. Stop trying to nuke their dps guys, we need to kill Cho'Gath to get that Oracle's off him. WTF guys, how can you lose in a 4v5?

God, we lost because our mid is terrible, even though he kept up with Teemo just fine. GOD GUYS YOU ARE SO BAD.

ASDGNKKSDFJNI SDBGLDBSKLJ SDG JKSDGLKB SDJKGSJKEGJKSEGSDJKLGSDGS

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • KarniusKarnius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New Champs practice game: I pick Olaf, someone drops, puts us back into the lobby. Someone else joins, game starts, someone who wasn't the new guy takes Olaf within .5 seconds of starting champ selection.

I pick Soraka. New champs, right? I might as well learn a healer. I got okay, I was nothing special as a healer but I wasn't feeding.

Olaf goes mid solo, proceeds to feed, and bashes everyone on the team for being the "worst" of their each respective champ.

NEW GAH-DAMN CHAMP PRACTICE. YOU EVEN WERE THE ONE TO CREATE IT, AND YOU NAMED IT, YOU ****.

I had like, a streak of a month without a ****in face**** ****in ****ing his mouth off. And he ruined it.

You kids can have fun filling in the asterisks.

Karnius on
    "There's nothing more foolish than a man chasin' his hat."
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Hi, I'm playing Evelynn. I know you asked me not to in pre-game chat, but I'm doing it anyway. Oh look, 20 minutes in, their Cho'Gath has Oracle's. Hey guys, can you please focus Cho'Gath first? I can't attack until you do.

Oh look, I'm not engaging. Stop trying to nuke their dps guys, we need to kill Cho'Gath to get that Oracle's off him. WTF guys, how can you lose in a 4v5?

God, we lost because our mid is terrible, even though he kept up with Teemo just fine. GOD GUYS YOU ARE SO BAD.

ASDGNKKSDFJNI SDBGLDBSKLJ SDG JKSDGLKB SDJKGSJKEGJKSEGSDJKLGSDGS

You realize you're mad at your team for not focusing their tanky ridiculous HP Cho'gath, right?

Perhaps you now see the downside of a character like Eve.

UnknownSaint on
    edited June 2010
    perhaps you can see he is not the evelynn

sarcasm on the internet

undeinPirat on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this is a very fun game

Any of those but Nasus? Nasus to me seems pretty boring when his ult his down, but obviously, if you pull off his ult in a team fight without getting CC'd to death, you do become destroyer of worlds.

Personally, of those, I'd say either rammus, morgana, and janna are the most fun.

Shut your filthy mouth. Nasus is awesome!

Shamus on
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    So, what is kiteing?

From Urban Dictionary:

Basicaly a hit-and-run technique commonly used in (but not limited to) MMORPG games (attacking monster then running, then attacking again.)

Also:

To fly a kite with ur bestest friend

Shamus on
    edited June 2010
    So, what is kiteing?

basically if you have a way to hurt the guy at range without him being able to close the distance to hit you (usually a ranged attack, but maybe you just applied a damage over time or something) and you just kinda run away from them, hitting them whenever you can while maintaining distance

It is a nice way to deal with tanky fat dudes and whatnot

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited June 2010

sarcasm on the internet

Oh, I sort of skimmed through that, thought he was playing Eve despite the fervent warnings of everyone here.

Additionally the new Kayle is ridiculous and fun. Good mix of tank and support, I dig it.

UnknownSaint on
    edited June 2010
    Also anyone find it funny that Riot shows off their massive number of maps by listing Summoner's Rift: Winter and The Proving Grounds? (That's the tutorial level.)

UnknownSaint on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, they are maps.

reVerse on
    edited June 2010
    and the snow map confers huge bonuses, so i mean

it has a place in a listing, much easier to win on snow map

undeinPirat on
    edited June 2010
    I don't know why I keep doing this.
    corki2.jpg

Butterfly Boy on
    edited June 2010
    I don't know why I keep doing this.
    corki2.jpg

Because it's fun.

Repost:
    zilean.png

Shamus on
    edited June 2010
    Can Nidalee use Takedown in conjunction with Swipe? I had a Cougar Nidalee do 673 damage to me in a single hit, when I was on around 60% HP, and the game refuses to give me anything other than a spell_display_name_nidalee to work out what it was.

Bethryn on
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Can Nidalee use Takedown in conjunction with Swipe? I had a Cougar Nidalee do 673 damage to me in a single hit, when I was on around 60% HP, and the game refuses to give me anything other than a spell_display_name_nidalee to work out what it was.

Was she rocking a Sheen effect? And was it a normal hit or a crit? A cursory look at some guides doesn't have anyone saying it works that way but a crit+takedown+sheen regular attack could look pretty close to that amount I suppose.

Drijen on
    edited June 2010
    Sheen, yes, but nothing else in the way of attack damage. She had a Sunfire Cape and Boots and Sheen. And it wasn't a crit.

Bethryn on
    edited June 2010

sarcasm on the internet

Oh, I sort of skimmed through that, thought he was playing Eve despite the fervent warnings of everyone here.

Additionally the new Kayle is ridiculous and fun. Good mix of tank and support, I dig it.

Heh, Tank and Support? More like DPS and Support. She's awesome now.

Oh, you thought you could hide behind your tower from me, little squishy? Not when I AM INVINCIBLE!

She's great for running down pesky Ghosters and Flashers, too.

ChopperDave on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

You racoon and asiina and all those other fucks need to play with the rest of us.

I need fresh meat.

we've been playin' this game for about a year, and you're just noticing now?

TyrantCow on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    worst lag

I can see everyone else move as normal, but I can't move at all

this owwwns

gragas doesn't need to move to be fat at people

you're doing it wrong

i mean most of the time they didn't actually engage, they'd kinda prod at me but everyone else was sittin near me so they didn't engage

Maybe they thought I was trying to bait them.

Also I went from uh... 2/9 or so to 10/9

SCUBA GRAGAS

oh man you have scuba gragas

i love you soal
    and the snow map confers huge bonuses, so i mean

it has a place in a listing, much easier to win on snow map

everyone knows undenipirat and i get +10 to win chance on the snow map

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited June 2010
    I will be home from work at about 3:30pm. How about some of you take me under your wings and really show me the ropes. I started doing alright last night, but that was just going on my memories of playing DOTA back in 2003.

That_Guy on
    edited June 2010
    Whatever you do, DO NOT normal queue with a bunch of level 30s. IT WILL fuck you over for a long, long time.

seriously dont

e: Practice games are ok though.

Butterfly Boy on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    SoaL bro seriously what is wrong with your internets

Zek on