As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitter

• Options
    Glock N RollinGlock N Rollin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @GlockNRollin

Twitter is much more fun when people follow you back. I'll be at PAX Prime.

Glock N Rollin on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    First time I'm -hopefully- going to PAX, and I usually tweet a thing or too about PAX, but generally it's just geeky stuff. Don't be scared if some of the posts are in spanish, as I'm from Spain ;P

@Megamaniaco

PS: I think I already posted in a twitter thread somewhere, but what the heck! It was last year anyway.

You're on the list, and you usually confuse the hell out of me when I see that part of my twitter feed is in spanish. :)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    VenerableMonsterVenerableMonster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hm. I s'pose I've been trying to get in with the forum crowd, and I do have a twitter account. I should take advantage of this opportunity.

@benlive

Beware, I'm prone to linking whiny blog posts and other things you don't care about.

VenerableMonster on
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    First time I'm -hopefully- going to PAX, and I usually tweet a thing or too about PAX, but generally it's just geeky stuff. Don't be scared if some of the posts are in spanish, as I'm from Spain ;P

@Megamaniaco

PS: I think I already posted in a twitter thread somewhere, but what the heck! It was last year anyway.

You're on the list, and you usually confuse the hell out of me when I see that part of my twitter feed is in spanish. :)

Oh...right, sorry for the double post then.
    And I try to make most of them in the language of Shakey, but I have spanish friends too on twitter :P

Gawd I'm so eager about all this...it'll be like my b-day present (it's the 1st of September) :D

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Beware, I'm prone to linking whiny blog posts and other things you don't care about.
    Excellent. You will fit right in. :)
    Oh...right, sorry for the double post then.

It's ok. The more posts on here, the better. We were in danger of being pushed to the second page. The largest PAXer group on the forums shouldn't be relegated to page 2... ever.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    By the way, I posted my Twitter before, but I'll post it again, with a bit of a warning:

if you decide to follow me, send me a Twitter DM or something saying you are from PAX forums too. If I don't know who you are, I tend to Mark as Spam. I'm not famous or anything, I just really hate it when I get like 5 or 10 follow emails from Twitter saying that BigTittiedSlut and MacVsPC are following me. But if I know who you are, I will TOTALLY follow you or tweet you or whatever.

My Twitter is @t_kreuter

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @TheRealCoffey

Can anyone recommend me a good group of Twitterers (is that proper!?) to follow that are video game related? Like, is there a list or something? I would like to just receive "tweets" regarding video game news and whatnot.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My Twitter handle is PSEBrian if anyone wants to add me -- I'll be attending this year for the first time and could use some insight onto how I should approach this monstrous event.

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Coffey wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend me a good group of Twitterers (is that proper!?) to follow that are video game related? Like, is there a list or something? I would like to just receive "tweets" regarding video game news and whatnot.

Are you looking for tweets from news sites, tweets from games journalists, or tweets from average gamers?

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    Are you looking for tweets from news sites, tweets from games journalists, or tweets from average gamers?

Not just average everyday console owners. I don't really care about their opinions. I'm looking for like, video game column writers, I guess. So game journalists.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    heels wrote: »

It's also helpful to look at the lists these people are on and try to find one that has a lot of game journalists that you normally wouldn't follow.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    artrulzartrulz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @artrulz

follow me and I'll follow you!

artrulz on
    Will work for quarters.
  • Options
    awitelintstaawitelintsta Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I know last year when I posted on this, my name was different, so in case anyone ever goes back to the beginning of the thread and looks? It's @awitelintsta now. :D

awitelintsta on
    http://awitelintsta.gamerdna.com/
    Roleplayer, Pirate, and 2009 Omeganaut :D
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @christielo

I'm so excited, will be twittering about my costume when it gets a little closer!

chrisstie on
  • Options
    rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @AndySaotome

I'll be attending PAX Prime 2010, I came last year but didn't spend too much time at the expo as it was my first time in Seattle and walked around the downtown area more than expected

Definately be rectifying that and will be attending panels this time around.

rkenshin on
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm organizing the Pax Pokemon League and we have an official twitter available for those who want to challenge gym leaders and elite four and find some waiting in lines.
    We're @PaxPokemon
    there won't be much else on there except where to find the gym leaders and elite four.

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I guess I'll be a Twitter whore. About to find out if my company blocks the Twitter API on our Blackberry devices.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    stormkiller22stormkiller22 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm @Heleor, but I don't use it very much. Lots of reports about the PPL and my cosplay are likely.

Heleor on
  • Options
    MilkncookeysMilkncookeys Registered User new member
    edited June 2010
    nursekel2278 is my twitter thread :)

Milkncookeys on
  • Options
    solowcxsolowcx Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @joncx

Already looking forward to Prime.

solowcx on
  • Options
    PucSpifoPucSpifo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Make sure you all follow PAX_TT. We are starting to make announcements for tabletop there. Super secret surprises await!

PucSpifo on
    signature.png
  • Options
    nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I bought my TSer shirt and thought it looked cool when I bought it. Now that I have it I realize that it sort of seems like a girl shirt and I can only wear it at PAX :O

@burtrovski

nerve on
  • Options
    lindethierlindethier Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I started using twitter just for PAX 09, time to get back into it.

@lindethier

lindethier on
    1386815.png
  • Options
    masseffectmemasseffectme Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Three days of gaming heaven! Going to be there at least one day as Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. Bring it!

@masseffectme

masseffectme on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Help Me Fight For The Lost
    www.masseffectme.com
    www.facebook.com/masseffectme
    www.twitter.com/masseffectme
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JadelyonessJadelyoness Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright.. just cleaned up my twitter account. Haven't really been using it since PAX last year. Guess it is time to start building the habit.

@jadelyoness

Jadelyoness on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Is anyone else planning to post reactions to the various E3 press events? I'm not going to be at E3, but I'm still planning on posting reactions.

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Is anyone else planning to post reactions to the various E3 press events? I'm not going to be at E3, but I'm still planning on posting reactions.

The twitter list goes kind of crazy during E3 press conferences. Lots of banter and discussion about the announcements. Oh, and snark. Tons of snark.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Snark is awesome.

Which list are you talking about? I joined the one that seemed to be the most active one - @rulesaremyenemy/pax-twitter-list. Is there another one?

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Snark is awesome.

Which list are you talking about? I joined the one that seemed to be the most active one - @rulesaremyenemy/pax-twitter-list. Is there another one?

Nope, that's it!

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    diplomat_ashdiplomat_ash Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just dusted off my twitter account for PAX @diplomat_ash FTW

diplomat_ash on
  • Options
    AKReignAKReign Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm getting all twitterpated in anticipation!
    Twitter: @AKReign

AKReign on
    ~Lurking through PAX since 2008~ [E]
    - Slytherin OotP: HoH - Twitter -Slytherin OotP
  • Options
    BlackWolfBuddhaBlackWolfBuddha Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @MironSan

Starting to use and get the hang of twitter

BlackWolfBuddha on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hahah, for some reason I was thinking to myself: "Holy shit I need to start a twitter thread, we need to share twitter information!" without thinking "Of course there is a twitter thread. This is Penny Arcade, mofo."

@danhulton

Gonna be my first year. So looking forward to it.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    Dragon DivideDragon Divide Registered User new member
    edited June 2010
    Hi guys, I am a game developer located in the general vicinity of PAX and I will be going to the conference for the first time this year. Unfortunately my budget is wrapped up in development, so it is unlikely I will have a booth.

Though a fun fact, our musician for our first game title, Stemage, will be performing with Metroid Metal at PAX this year.

@DragonDivide.

Dragon Divide on
  • Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @bubblegumnex

Time to buckle up.

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @skarsol, shockingly enough. I read/post on twitter sporadically. Be warned that the other TSers have apparently dubbed me Son Of A Bitch Skarsol. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi guys, I am a game developer located in the general vicinity of PAX and I will be going to the conference for the first time this year. Unfortunately my budget is wrapped up in development, so it is unlikely I will have a booth.

Though a fun fact, our musician for our first game title, Stemage, will be performing with Metroid Metal at PAX this year.

@DragonDivide.

Is this the official twitter account for your development studio or your personal account?

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    skarsol wrote: »
    @skarsol, shockingly enough. I read/post on twitter sporadically. Be warned that the other TSers have apparently dubbed me Son Of A Bitch Skarsol. :P

We also use SkarTroll on occasion. :)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif