As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I will be home from work at about 3:30pm. How about some of you take me under your wings and really show me the ropes. I started doing alright last night, but that was just going on my memories of playing DOTA back in 2003.

Guy! You still living in Lynnwood, brah?

I might be able to get in a game or two with you this afternoon. My in-game is F4ll0ut. I haven't played TF2 in so long...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm hopping on to play

u/n is EssGee

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will be home from work at about 3:30pm. How about some of you take me under your wings and really show me the ropes. I started doing alright last night, but that was just going on my memories of playing DOTA back in 2003.

Guy! You still living in Lynnwood, brah?

I might be able to get in a game or two with you this afternoon. My in-game is F4ll0ut. I haven't played TF2 in so long...

Nah man. I had to move due to unemployment. I am living in Asheville, NC now. I will hit you up when I get home though.

That_Guy on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, wow. My brother-in-law is from NC. Plenty of IT work down them parts or what? I'm going to be looking myself up here soon...

Also, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IS BETTER THAN HON AND WAY MORE FUN. [/caps]

Custom Special on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whatever you do, DO NOT normal queue with a bunch of level 30s. IT WILL fuck you over for a long, long time.

seriously dont

e: Practice games are ok though.

Pfft. How will you get better if you play with people your own level? That's madness. I queued with 30s when I was level 12 and I turned out ok.

*twitch*

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ya, LoL is fun times.Thanks OPer for spreading the word.

Just one thing. I'm trying to log in and it's saying the server is busy. DOes this happen often on the weekends?

illgottengains on
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yes the servers go down at prime time nearly every weekend.

in other news, riot is hiring server guys.

Butterfly Boy on
    edited June 2010
    Gordemmit

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ???????

Servers are fine?

Evilsville on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ya, LoL is fun times.Thanks OPer for spreading the word.

Just one thing. I'm trying to log in and it's saying the server is busy. DOes this happen often on the weekends?

use the code if you get servers are down/busy message (amumu/blitzcrank)

make sure the launcher window is your active window

press up, down, left, right, up, up, down, down on your keyboards arrow keys

it'll switch it to teemo

TyrantCow on
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you should put that in the op moonman

Butterfly Boy on
  • NiqleNiqle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Soooo I just went 12/3/18 with Morde in my last game. Laid the rape on people while tanking the entire team. Still had TF and Taric trying to solo me late game when I had 215 hp regen per 5.

Too easy sometimes when people are bad.

Niqle on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yes the servers go down at prime time nearly every weekend.

in other news, riot is hiring server guys.

finally

PiptheFair on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

things that need to be in the OP:

1) an explanation of the code and how to do it, with proper grammar and punctuation

2) how to buy champions most cost effectively through bundles

someone type them up, i'll post 'em.

TyrantCow on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Since I started playing Gankplank yesterday I have dominated nearly every game I played (at level 25). Ending somthing crazy like 20/5 has become pretty normal since. In some games I could go 1v5 :lol:.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, I played against a Gangplank last night that utterly dominated us. His ult would bring me from full to 1/3 HP before I could run out of it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Maybe a stealth buff happened :)

4rch3nemy on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    my friend notified me that some people build pirate as a tank

i sighed out loud

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited June 2010
    I sigh out lout whenever I see people play pirate

PiptheFair on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »

things that need to be in the OP:

...how to buy champions most cost effectively through bundles

2.)

Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.

Zoelef on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    when they release season 1 they should do a bundle of all the champs released up to that point that aren't in those bundles

that would be swell

also i need to buy both of those bundles cause my lack of champions is concerning

i basically have all of the 450's, corki from the ufo thing, nasus cause i have no clue

and that's about it

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    tristana from the facebook thing?

and holy crap dudes, kayle is THE SHIT now. she's all like "fuck your carry, i'm gonna waltz right past your team, slow him, make myself invincible, and slice him to pieces leaving you all nothing to do but look on in horror." can't COUNT how times i've killed ezreals and annies and the like just by walking up to them and going invincible while they faceroll their abilities ineffectually and run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

she's pretty much an unstoppable force when there's no CCs around, which makes her great on TT because a lot of the most popular champs don't have any.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I suppose Frozen Mallet would be tanky and useful as pirate?

For MooMan.

Q: I am trying to login but the server status is "Busy"

A: This will happen often during busy hours. However, the servers may still be accessible. With the launcher window in focus, press the arrow keys 'up' 'down' 'left' 'right' 'up' 'up' 'down' 'down' to bypass the launcher and go to the password window.

Q: How can I get champions and save money?

A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.

For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.

3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).

This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That was fun. I was in a big 5v5 and not totally failing. We actually won in the end!

That_Guy on
    edited June 2010
    Don't worry Guy, you just need to get used to the game at your own pace before everything starts to really make sense. After a few dozen games you'll get used to items and all the abilities each character has, which helps a lot in surviving and knowing who you can kill.

Custom Special on
    edited June 2010
    also don't play taric early on

it's really difficult for you to gauge exactly what you're contributing when you play a support hero like him

PiptheFair on
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for being a doof, fellas :(

Got lots of real like stuff to deal with

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is there anywhere to see how skins look in game? I picked up the starter box and have had RP burning a hole in my pocket. Trying to decide which Evelynn skin to pick up, since I already have a cool skin for Rammus and they're my top two.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Rak managed to talk me into playing this game last night. It was pretty fun. I might have to play some more tonight.

You racoon and asiina and all those other fucks need to play with the rest of us.

I need fresh meat.

we've been playin' this game for about a year, and you're just noticing now?

who ever said anything about noticing?

playing is one thing, i've noticed this game for some time, just never got much feedback from you nerds on WHAT exactly the game was and how much different it was to my current thought of it.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's exactly what you thought it was.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've been playing a lot of Taric since he dropped into the rotation this week and loving him far more than any other hero so far. He's incredibly powerful as tank/support, even against stacked/runed teams as I'm 24 right now and tend to play with high 20's and 30's (facing against 30's more often than not.) I was even in a longer game recently where I was building him heavy tank/CDR as I usually do (Meki Pendant->Into Fiendish Codex Later->Into Nashor's Tooth much later, Boots of Mobility, Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage) and ended up building a Madred's Bloodrazor to go with it as it shits all over high health heroes with your high attack speed from Nashor's tooth. I'm not even that well runed for Taric, my red are all armor pen, my yellow are mostly +%crit damage and a handful of health, only my blues are -%CDR per level.

Talk about changing the tide of battle, swoop in with a heal, stun->shatter->ult BOOM, your entire team is attacking with bonus damage against an enemy that now has less armor and can't move. And with a Nashor's Tooth you're attacking so fast your heal is going to be up all the time and you're getting a ton of mana back from normal swings so mana regen isn't a huge deal. Either Clarity or Cleanse are key, although I tend to take one of those and also grab Fortify. Had more consistent wins with him than any other hero so far. Feels much more powerful than any straight DPS hero because you just put so much pressure on the other team if you play it correctly, and you're not a one trick wonder.

JAEF on
    edited June 2010
    AP shaco is just SO much fun. Leading people into traps, causing chaos on the field.

Useless in team fights though, can't do a damn thing. Always get hit once or twice, then have to back out so I don't die right away.

Also, since hitting level 11, I have been on the most insane losing streak. I have no idea how to rectify this. It's not that my team has fuckheads or anything, we get long grueling games that go like 40-50 minutes, then the opponent randomly gets a good push and we lose. Frustrating.
    shaco.png

Evilsville on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone else feel Master Yi is super super op?

I mean... with the DPS setup, I can kill p much 2-3 champions on my own and walk away with a little less than half health.

Even if they try to run away I can just chase them down like it's nothing.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Could be because you're in a low bracket. I started playing LoL with Kassadin and it was just rape rape rape rape rape.

People tend to be better at dealing with melee carries later on though.

BlueDestiny on
    edited June 2010

I mean... with the DPS setup, I can kill p much 2-3 champions on my own and walk away with a little less than half health.

From what I've seen, he's only real good late game. But yeah, a fed Yi is just absolutely devastating. Can solo towers and just about any champ in the game.

Evilsville on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love Poppy; body-checking carries into trees and beating them to death with a hammer never felt so good.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Evilsville wrote: »

From what I've seen, he's only real good late game. But yeah, a fed Yi is just absolutely devastating. Can solo towers and just about any champ in the game.

Yi doesn't need to be fed to be good

Just 20 minutes

Zen Vulgarity on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Could be because you're in a low bracket. I started playing LoL with Kassadin and it was just rape rape rape rape rape.

People tend to be better at dealing with melee carries later on though.
    JAEF wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Taric since he dropped into the rotation this week and loving him far more than any other hero so far. He's incredibly powerful as tank/support, even against stacked/runed teams as I'm 24 right now and tend to play with high 20's and 30's (facing against 30's more often than not.) I was even in a longer game recently where I was building him heavy tank/CDR as I usually do (Meki Pendant->Into Fiendish Codex Later->Into Nashor's Tooth much later, Boots of Mobility, Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage) and ended up building a Madred's Bloodrazor to go with it as it shits all over high health heroes with your high attack speed from Nashor's tooth. I'm not even that well runed for Taric, my red are all armor pen, my yellow are mostly +%crit damage and a handful of health, only my blues are -%CDR per level.

Talk about changing the tide of battle, swoop in with a heal, stun->shatter->ult BOOM, your entire team is attacking with bonus damage against an enemy that now has less armor and can't move. And with a Nashor's Tooth you're attacking so fast your heal is going to be up all the time and you're getting a ton of mana back from normal swings so mana regen isn't a huge deal. Either Clarity or Cleanse are key, although I tend to take one of those and also grab Fortify. Had more consistent wins with him than any other hero so far. Feels much more powerful than any straight DPS hero because you just put so much pressure on the other team if you play it correctly, and you're not a one trick wonder.

these two men are correct

kassadin and taric are the awesomeness to da max

also jaef, i hope you're aware that you can only ever have a maximum of 40% cooldown reduction - so when you have a nashor's tooth and a frozen heart, that adds up to 50% cooldown reduction, not to mention you apparently have %CDR per level, and all that extra CDR is wasted! and if your masteries are specced into CDR...

just wondering if you knew, keep up the good taricing

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lord I love Shen. I had a game where I went 1-2-25. Glorious.

projectmayhem on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Evilsville wrote: »

Yi doesn't need to be fed to be good

Just 20 minutes

It's a lesson on why every good team has some disables!

Slicer on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    With pantheon and shen on a team you should never lose a gank. I don't understand how this panth always missed with his ult or his ult was always on cooldown.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki