As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    redraptor wrote: »
    use your credit card in the store the have built into the client!

when did they put that in

right but I remember their was a discussion about the perfect method to getting the most heroes for the least amount of money

how do I do that

I am too lazy to look it up

I think I saw retail boxes on ebay for like ten bucks. Wouldn't that be even better than what was said before?

probably

do i care?

in other news lunysgwen is a butt

Butterfly Boy on
  • redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wasn't talking to you because no one ever talks to you.

redraptor on
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've played 4 games today, each time playing a guy for the first time:

Cho'gath: 7-4-4, DEFEAT
    Taric: 9-2-8, DEFEAT
    Udyr: 1-0-2, DEFEAT
    Rammus: 9-2-8, DEFEAT

I'm starting to get a little tired of this shit. I know I'm contributing more than my fair share in these matches, so why the fuck am I getting so unlucky with teammates?

Cognisseur on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you could still be on newbie island, which is when your summoner level is below 12 -- you aren't included in the regular matchmaking pool, but on your own with all of the people below 12

also bad games happen

all last night i had a feeder on my team and couldn't do anything to win the games, which sucks, but in those times, practice something else

like last hitting

can never be good enough at last hitting

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    I've played 4 games today, each time playing a guy for the first time:

Cho'gath: 7-4-4, DEFEAT
    Taric: 9-2-8, DEFEAT
    Udyr: 1-0-2, DEFEAT
    Rammus: 9-2-8, DEFEAT

I'm starting to get a little tired of this shit. I know I'm contributing more than my fair share in these matches, so why the fuck am I getting so unlucky with teammates?

My win/lose ratio was like... .5 for the longest time. I just had the shittiest teammates. Now that I'm 30 it's 1.2 or something, and quickly rising. What's your level?

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
    edited June 2010
    you could still be on newbie island, which is when your summoner level is below 12 -- you aren't included in the regular matchmaking pool, but on your own with all of the people below 12

also bad games happen

all last night i had a feeder on my team and couldn't do anything to win the games, which sucks, but in those times, practice something else

like last hitting

ARGH. I'm level 11. I couldn't figure out why it didn't seem like my team-mates were getting any better as I went up in level! I thought I was with all level 10-12s or so. That explains why every game I have an Ashe or Tristana go 1-10.
    -Edit- Are you sure newbie island isn't 1-10? I just hit 11 and this next match every opponent is a non-free champ...

Cognisseur on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hyperbolic Drama League

Zen Vulgarity on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »

also bad games happen

like last hitting

ARGH. I'm level 11. I couldn't figure out why it didn't seem like my team-mates were getting any better as I went up in level! I thought I was with all level 10-12s or so. That explains why every game I have an Ashe or Tristana go 1-10.

That still doesn't really make sense though. I mean, if you're newbie island playing with newbies, your opposition should also be on newbie island and not yet be experienced enough for this to happen... I refuse to believe you're constantly paired against smurfs, unless you somehow pissed off the Random Number God.

Have... have you evicted an old gypsy lady from her home recently?

Galielmus on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nothing's preventing you from buying heroes at low level. Starts at 450 IP to buy and you get 200-350? from your first win of the day. Then there is also cashmoney. It's not a good indicator of skill level. Skins doubly so, although at high levels you want to be wary because a skin can mean they play that hero often and are runed specifically to rape with them.

JAEF on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For Mambo.I did the math. Although I don't trust my calculator.
    Cutfang wrote: »
    For MooMan.

Q: I am trying to login but the server status is "Busy"

A: This will happen often during busy hours. However, the servers may still be accessible. With the launcher window in focus, press the arrow keys 'up' 'down' 'left' 'right' 'up' 'up' 'down' 'down' to bypass the launcher and go to the password window.

Q: How can I get champions and save money?

A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.

For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.

3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).

This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

And for Cog
    eloc.jpg

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New Kayle is unbelievable. Heavy AP build puts out the hurt and is great support with decent heals. Love it.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited June 2010
    Haha! 5th time's the charm. Got my win of the day using Nasus. Last time I'm ever playing him...

Cognisseur on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    okay so i've been wondering

i've had bouts of this really dumb type of lag since beta, so it's been on a couple of different computers

my character will stand in place, auto attack anything near, but ignore any buttons i press and clicks i make

but! i still see everything go on around me as per usual

anyone else have this happen to them?

i mean it could be my net connection

i dunno

fuck i think i just need to redo my network sometime

the only time that this has happened to me was when i started it up through steam and used the overlay to chat with people, and taking away the overlay wouldn't give me control... but i remember when you had this problem before and between games you started it up without steam but in windowed mode, so that can't be it

i am sorry for this unhelpful post
    Slicer wrote: »
    Soal, never stop making those.[/COLOR

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited June 2010
    this just in

janna makes games easy to win even with a feeder on my team

details at 11

and by that can you guys tell me how to build her i basically got a chalice (because i bought a meki at the start :/) and then soul shroud and was making a locket

basically i have no fucking clue other than she has a horrible a voice and a great e

undeinPirat on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The "can't control your character" thing happens to me somewhat often (1/15 games maybe?) and usually an alt+tab fixes it. Sometimes not. I had the problem more often when I was using the steam overlay though, so I stopped that a long time ago.

JAEF on
    edited June 2010
    yeah i got it all the time with steam, so i stopped that

still get it every 10 or 15 matches, sometimes lasting a minute or so, usually lasting around 25 seconds

i've been playing windowed mode, and alt+tab hasn't been doing much

might have to try playing fullscreen and see if that does the trick

undeinPirat on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've gotten that bug a lot. I usually close and reconnect.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    use your credit card in the store the have built into the client!

when did they put that in

right but I remember their was a discussion about the perfect method to getting the most heroes for the least amount of money

how do I do that

I am too lazy to look it up

get your credit card out
    go to the store
    look under bundles
    look under riot points
    figure out how much points to buy
    grats bro you have like a million champions

no i will not do the math for you

well fuck you then, good sir

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well fuck you then, good sir

I would imagine it's "buying" the game via one of the deluxe editions then getting another package, not sure the exact details :<

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Didn't I post this...last page?

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited June 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Didn't I post this...last page?

Yeah, but I wasn't sure how to do it with no retail box.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm playing with a German, and he sounds like the medic from TF2. Pretty cool.

Endomatic on
    edited June 2010
    somebody told me to level bear and turtle as udyr... I think they lied.

edit: I just got 3k IP and I can't decide who to buy. I want to try panth before purchasing....

edit: same with nidalee.... and kat...

wazilla on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wazilla wrote: »

edit: I just got 3k IP and I can't decide who to buy. I want to try panth before purchasing....

everything but tiger is good

just

just stay away from tiger

PiptheFair on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I havent even played Panth but based off my friend that uses him, he is shit tons of fun

projectmayhem on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    if you play pants, get armor pen marks/quints then watch people melt in your cone attack.

Feldorn on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dear Annie with teleport and heal,

I love it when you're on the other team giving me delicious experience and gold.

Love,
    Bloodba7h

4rch3nemy on
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

I love it when you're on the other team giving me delicious experience and gold.

Love,
    Bloodba7h

Still probably better than smite Annie we had earlier.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ouch.

4rch3nemy on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    how do I buy champions for cheap.
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

Love,
    Bloodba7h

We played an annie with ghost/smite today. It was weird. She quit towards the end of the game. Basically was useless.

Edit: Bigwah beat me to it.

Nisi on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »

everything but tiger is good

just

just stay away from tiger

wrong

its good for killing towers, and as a lead in to bear form stun. Tiger -> Bear -> Stun (procs DoT) -> Phoenix etc etc

Endomatic on
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just had an amazing game where I pretty much won a game with Clairvoyance. They had us backed up in the middle, our inhibitor had just respawned. Couple minutes ago we had people spamming /surrender, and losing it 3/2. Entire team is MIA after a fight we had where we lost some, they have respawned so I hit a Clairvoyance on Baron, boom, whole team just about to go into the fight. We ping and the team goes to meet them.

Shen is sitting in a small bush waiting for us, we ignore him because the Nunu comes up. He hits his ult, I'm Janna so I ult him out of the range of the team, and he gets interrupted by our chogoth. Long story short we pick off every one of them except Shen, he limps back to the base and we proceed to kill Baron, and just stomp up the middle lane, not even bothering with the side towers/inhibitors. It was awesome, and their Shaco was whining at the end calling his team an idiot for doing Baron then (which it was dumb, we had 5 up, but without Clairvoyance nobody would have seen it, we had no wards on anything (yay solo queue).

TL;DR - Map awareness wins games people. As if I need to tell you all that.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
    edited June 2010
    Tiger stance is meh. Turtle is the better tower killer since you get hp/mana per hit, plus the shield. I never use tiger when I play him.

Nisi on
    edited June 2010
    I just hit summoner level 20 so I'm going to start looking into runes and stuff. Armor pen seems to be king of all runes though... just from the sheer frequency of its mention on these boards..

wazilla on
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    Tiger stance is meh. Turtle is the better tower killer since you get hp/mana per hit, plus the shield. I never use tiger when I play him.

I don't think you get vamp from hitting buildings. I could be wrong. The shield is certainly useful, though. I usually swap turtle/phoenix on a tower.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    Nisi wrote: »

I don't think you get vamp from hitting buildings. I could be wrong. The shield is certainly useful, though. I usually swap turtle/phoenix on a tower.

You can make a practice game and test it if you don't believe me. I think it has to do with the actual implementation of the skill, it doesn't seem to work like a normal lifesteal.

Lifesteal in general does not work on buildings, Turtle stance however still will return hp/mana while attacking a building.

Nisi on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    is tiger any better since they buffed it? didn't they make the coefficients higher on the activated ability of it? and possibly attack speed faster

i always kind of liked it, but i guess phoenix does make sense as being better

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dear Melkster,

You had a fantastic early game as Pantheon, and you should be commended for how well you skirted the line between life and death.

But cleavering you for like 600 damage by end game felt SO DAMN GOOD.

Hugs and kisses,
    Ferox

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
    edited June 2010
    Man I just played my favorite kind of game

we're losing in head-to-head battles. Cho'Gath has become this unstoppable monster with nearly 5k HP. It takes three heroes to kill him, and he can down at least one in the process. He forms a gank team with Morgana and goes to town. We're losing pretty badly.

This is when you switch to meta game. We start pushing lanes and watching for Cho. You see Cho? You move. Soon, Cho can't keep up and the enemy's towers are dwindling fast. We hit towers until Cho shows up, we run to the next. Eventually we can kill him, but it's only purpose is to have breathing room to push again.

Shining moment of glory: when I destroyed an Inhibitor with Cho'Gath chasing me. I'd switch directions, hit the Inhibitor, switch again. It's like running around a table, and I felt like a genius (and an asshole).

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't like when teammates bitch about my ratio when I'm playing tank/initiator and drawing all five enemies' fire.

Hi guys I'm the reason you have those kills.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie