As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Holy Shit All Points Bulletin CLOSED BETA THIS WEEK!

1171819202123»

• BecomingBecoming Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There's a much more active thread in the MMO sub-forum: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=109210

Becoming on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I remember people being super stoked for this game

Then some people got into they beta and they weren't stoked anymore

I don't even know why! Is there an NDA or something?

There was an NDA, although I don't know if it's been lifted or not.

One Thousand Cables on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I still haven't gotten an email with a key :(

Satsumomo on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    And it's patching... Says 1400 minutes remaining. Bah!

Mine refuses to use my entire dl speed even though no one is using it.

Est. time 'til it's done: > 1 day. I JUST WANT TO MAKE A DEADPOOL ENFORCER!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm in the keys to the city thing and yeah this game is terrible. Maybe in a year when all the rough edges are cleaned up and the gameplay doesn't feel like a budget price game, but right now there's no reason I can think of to take it over GTA4.

Urian on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I got my invite last night too. I actually had kinda forgot I even signed up but I'll take it.

It's downloading now. Chuggin' along at an amazing...4% an hour...

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    darunia106 wrote: »

Mine refuses to use my entire dl speed even though no one is using it.

Est. time 'til it's done: > 1 day. I JUST WANT TO MAKE A DEADPOOL ENFORCER!

I was having the same problem, so in frustration I quit and restarted the updater a few times. My download speed shot up to 900kb/s. I guess it switched to a better server? Give it a try, though it might take a few attempts-- my download speed dropped to about 400KB/s eventually, so I restarted it again to try to get it back up, and it took a couple dozen tries bouncing between 400 and 30 (?!) k before I hit on 900 again.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn... Got greedy. Was getting about 100kb/s... tempted fate, now I'm getting at most 30kb. Ugh.

e: Woo... 160, keeping that.

urahonky on
    edited June 2010
    Okay so I played a bit. I'm not sure if I like it. People were shooting my car for no reason and blowing it up. Running into me... And the missions that have another person join in aren't very fun.

urahonky on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm throwing in the towel. This downloader started at a somewhat respectable 250 kb/sec this morning, quickly dropped down to around 60 kb/sec, and then slowly dropped down and bottomed out at 30 kb/sec. I was going to leave my computer on during the day while at work to try and finish it, but I don't even think I want to bother if it's gonna take this long.

That and it also sounds like it's not a good game, or at least good enough to warrant a thousand year download.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
    edited June 2010
    It's clear I can't fucking play games like this. Whenever I see someone to shoot my hand starts shaking like I'm on crack and I can't aim for shit. Fucking consoles have ruined my PC gaming hand forever.

urahonky on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's clear I can't fucking play games like this. Whenever I see someone to shoot my hand starts shaking like I'm on crack and I can't aim for shit. Fucking consoles have ruined my PC gaming hand forever.

Shit, we lost another one

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited June 2010
    Raslin wrote: »

Shit, we lost another one

If I could rent games on the PC I totally would, but I can't be buying every FPS that comes out... Since I don't have a job anymore.

urahonky on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So are servers up? Becuase I haven't been able to log in. ever. And the website dosent load for them since I tried to reset the password.

If I try to log in on the site, I get: You have not completed the account creation process. Please check your inbox for an email verification message.

If I click the link, the page dies. (and no new email is gotten)

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yes I just played for an hour or so. IF they can clean up the shooting mechanics, and IF they can fix driving, and IF they can cure overall latency issues, this game could be awesome. I really hope they aren't planning to release this soon, because as it is now it feels like an alpha.

Rivulent on
  • weeskweeweeskwee Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rivulent wrote: »
    Yes I just played for an hour or so. IF they can clean up the shooting mechanics, and IF they can fix driving, and IF they can cure overall latency issues, this game could be awesome. I really hope they aren't planning to release this soon, because as it is now it feels like an alpha.

i agree with all of this. i played it yesterday. is this just a companies way to throw in the towel and kill a game? it releases in less than 2 weeks! people have been complaining about these key elements for months. why bother with a game that seems like a failure right out of the gate? i am sad i preordered it on Steam just to get into the beta. i want to see about a refund now.

my 2 big complaints.

1) lag. game is so laggy, it's not fun to do anything. it constantly interferes with actual play.

2) driving. driving was great in crackdown 1. why couldn't they just copy that. driving in this game is like driving drunk and blindfolded. it's horrible. i'd rather run everywhere, which is sad.

weeskwee on
    Nintendo Network ID: weeskwee
    XBL Gamertag: weeskwee
    PSN: weeskwee