As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    I don't like when teammates bitch about my ratio when I'm playing tank/initiator and drawing all five enemies' fire.

Hi guys I'm the reason you have those kills.

Tank is a thankless job. All that matters is K:D ratio. It's lame, because meta > hero vs. hero. I've had so many deadweight gankers in late game that cost me the match.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I know you guys said Mundo wasn't exactly an ideal tank, but nevertheless, I'm super happy I unlocked him.

He's a giant beatstick and once he's geared out, nigh-unkillable with 4k hp and an insane regen rate. Me and an Anivia jumped into the enemy base, just the 2 of us and while we were there, we killed 4 of their teammates, 2 inhibitors, then got the hell out. Neither of us died.

Cleaver is kinda tough, though. I keep hitting mobs instead of the champs. Any tips?

Evilsville on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Evilsville wrote: »
    I know you guys said Mundo wasn't exactly an ideal tank, but nevertheless, I'm super happy I unlocked him.

He's a giant beatstick and once he's geared out, nigh-unkillable with 4k hp and an insane regen rate. Me and an Anivia jumped into the enemy base, just the 2 of us and while we were there, we killed 4 of their teammates, 2 inhibitors, then got the hell out. Neither of us died.

Cleaver is kinda tough, though. I keep hitting mobs instead of the champs. Any tips?

Cleaver has a massive hitbox. If a champ is standing at the edge of a group of mobs chuck it next to them and it sometimes hits. Other than that just get good at predicting where they'll run and try to maneuver out of enemy creep walls.

BlueDestiny on
  • redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    With Cleaver use the bushes. It might not get you a clear shot but it will certainly frighten them. It works great for messing up their last hitting. Also if you run behind their creep wave you can threaten them with it, provided you have enough clearance to get back there. Really good Mundos are very slippery characters.

redraptor on
  • MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Furthermore, champs have larger hitboxes than minions. The result is that if a champ is standing right on top of one of his minions, you can hit the champ by angling the cleaver just to the outside, usually.

Also, try not to be too predictable - if you always cleaver right after advancing to get in range, or strafing to get a good angle, they'll move every time they see you do that. If you stand where you're going to want to cleaver from, and move regularly to get in a better position in response to their moves, they won't know *when* you're going to cleaver.

This goes for all skillshots, of course, but cleaver is easiest to get good with, since it's so fast and has such a short cooldown.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ahahahaha, Dr. Mundo is my new main from now on. He's so good! He is exactly what I was looking for in a champ. Tower pusher, hard as hell to kill, good damage. Can gank, solo mid. Seriously, what can he not do?

Since getting him, I've broken my losing streak. Glorious.

Evilsville on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the super pros smite the creep infront of a champion and then cleaver them

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    do people seriously go mid with mundo

that seems unwise for some reason

Butterfly Boy on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    maybe he meant he could gank a solo mid player.... ?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, what puts Mundo in the 4k health? I don't get anywhere near that using the build I found on leaguecraft.

Snare on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Runezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited June 2010
    I don't think I like Ryze. You can really only build him for mana/CDR now... and that's not really any fun at all.

I did, however, make 3 people buy banshee's veil!

edit: unless I should be getting archangel's before Frozen Heart? I dunno.

wazilla on
    edited June 2010
    Also, I think I'm gonna save my IP until I see what the Shen nerf turns out to be. I kind of want to start runing him out but... on the other hand... if he becomes realllly bad :/

I suppose you can't really waste IP on dodge seals though...

wazilla on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mundo isn't a very good tank IMO. He has no utility, just survivability and damage. A character like that can only be a tank if the other team is stupid and decides to attack you first. You should go DPS with just as much defense as you need - his recommended items are pretty good. And ignore Burning Agony, it's awful. Damage is way too low for the cost and the risk involved in using it.

Zek on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    do people seriously go mid with mundo

that seems unwise for some reason

wtf bfly. Mundo goes where he pleases. Did you not get enough sleep?

Mana mundo knows bot lane is best lane. Easy dragon access.

Nisi on
    edited June 2010
    dude i just got free money

spend it on skins y/n?

e: HOLY SHIT BADGER TEEMO IS ON SALE

teemogeddon 2: return of teemogeddon

Butterfly Boy on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dude i just got free money

spend it on skins y/n?

e: HOLY SHIT BADGER TEEMO IS ON SALE

teemogeddon 2: return of teemogeddon

I have every Teemo skin. D:

Shamus on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wow I was pretty smashed last night.

Waking up for work at 7:30 AM was not fun.

Melkster on
    edited June 2010
    thats why you drink on friday and saturday nights stupid

Butterfly Boy on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is 5th Age Taric a Lord of the Rings reference?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You were pretty shwasted by the end of the night. And yet you still managed to kill me pretty much every time I was around that last game. I should stick to learning one character again instead of trying everyone out since it's rarely a positive first experience.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Man, I went from 8-1-9 as shen to 2-6-something.

:/

I had a solo lane against yi the first game though... That helped.

wazilla on
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    Wow I was pretty smashed last night.

Waking up for work at 7:30 AM was not fun.

Last night was fun as hell. You kicked almighty ass. Progressively more recklessly as the night went on, but nonetheless kicked ass.

Cognisseur on
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, question. I'm playing Taric a bunch right now because oh my god he's so good.

Currently, I'm mostly gearing myself as a tank with lots of armor and defensive auras. I don't really focus much on buying attack-speed/damage stuff because I feel my talents are used elsewhere. However, I'm not sure whether I should stick to solely pumping defensive tank stuff so I can survive fights better, or if I should get ability power stuff also to boost my heals and whatnot. And for those of who you do play Taric, which weapons, if any, do you invest in?

Cognisseur on
    edited June 2010

i dont know but i like this picture
    paladintier5mlpversion.jpg

Butterfly Boy on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I think the 5th age part might be a LotR reference, but I believe the look is an homage to a joke pic that made the rounds of the internet awhile back about how the next rumored WoW paladin tier set was going to be all pink.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nashor's Tooth rules on Taric

Get Nashor's and Chalice for Taric every game

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think the 5th age part might be a LotR reference, but I believe the look is an homage to a joke pic that made the rounds of the internet awhile back about how the next rumored WoW paladin tier set was going to be all pink.

The fifth age = paladin tier 5.

Notice the belt and legwarmers that made it onto the taric model, also the chestplate adjustments.

2vmcw7p.jpg

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited June 2010
    dude seriously does nobody click spoilers anymore i just fucking posted that

Butterfly Boy on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

All you said was "I like this picture"

For all I know it could have been another horrible frog/monkey abomination.

Melkster on
    edited June 2010
    hey i only do that on vent

Butterfly Boy on
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm going over how to build Kayle and I have a pretty good plan, I've got 4 items so far but I need some advice for the last two.

So far it's boots (your preference), Nashor's Tooth, Ghostblade and Rageblade. What's the item that lets you stack AP power with each minion kill? I'm thinking that would be really nice.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
    edited June 2010
    There is no item that grants you AP for minion kills. You are probably thinking of Mejai's Soulstealer, which gives AP on champion kills, you lose a good chunk of it if you die though.

Butterfly Boy on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

You didn't adumbrate its relevance correctly sirrah

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright guys, so I played my first few games last night with some friends from work. I went from level 1 to level 4. In those games, I never really felt like I was doing that much damage with my characters compared to the damage that other players were doing. I'm sure a lot of it comes down to just playing a lot of games and memorizing all the moves that all the heroes have, but I honestly felt like that wasn't my problem.

I am a DotA veteran, and when I say veteran, I mean I played the fuck out of DotA for over 2 years and I was mighty damn good at it. The champion movement, creeping, aggression, ganking and all of that has come second nature to me in LoL. I came into this game with basically all the novice skills already learned.

But for example, last night I bought Ashe for the 460 IP or whatever, just because I had the points to spend and I'm fairly comfortable with her character concept. I was in voice chat with my friends and they were giving me item build advice, and I had a pretty decked out character by the end, but I just never felt like my damage output was stacking up to that of pretty much anyone else on the map.

And that's just one example. I played a few games as Cho'gath and I really like his skills. He's a fun character, but again, my problem was that I never felt like I was dishing it. And I was building items on him with +attack, +atkspeed and +lifesteal and I just wasn't ever satisfied with how he was playing. I'd get in a fight with an enemy champion and they'd beat the piss out of me even with several stacks of the feed ability.

So anyway, I'm just looking for some general tips on how to up my damage output, because that's the area I felt I was weakest in. I was never able to seal the deal in a confrontation, because no matter which hero I was playing, and no matter how good my item build was, I was always getting beat by the enemy champions.

Lucascraft on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm going over how to build Kayle and I have a pretty good plan, I've got 4 items so far but I need some advice for the last two.

So far it's boots (your preference), Nashor's Tooth, Ghostblade and Rageblade. What's the item that lets you stack AP power with each minion kill? I'm thinking that would be really nice.

Ghost blade isn't that great for kayle since you should never be using melee attacks, just using your E for ranged attacks...the hextech gunblade however is awesome on her and would make a good replacement

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well, for ashe, she needs damage early, when i played her, i would start with doran's shield (or you could get ring for mana regen) and an hp pot. then get at least boots 1, then save for a BF sword to build into an infinity edge. after that, i recommend defense boots, but in low elo attack speed boots work fine as well. once you have your main damage item, you'll want a life steal scepter and work on an attack speed item, i would suggest last whisper.

for cho, i've always played him tanky, getting good amounts of armor/magic resist, and probably some AP along the way, hi deal is outlasting the enemy. also, i suggest building for rupture/vorpal spikes first with feast when you can get it. warmogs is outstanding on him. but really, i've never played these two champs very much. you can find some guides on the official boards that will show you how other people play, but most of those suck.

in other news, i'm going to jinx my 5 win streak on TT with malphite by telling you about it. he seems really great on this map. start with doran's ring and a pot for mana regen, build tabi/merc then aegis then frozen heart. now laugh at the other team as their yi is pitiful.

Feldorn on
    edited June 2010

Go the following:

Mejai's, berserker, stinger (eventually to nashors), lichbane, top off with infinity edge.

When you pop your e, you will do about 600-700 damage in one hit with a nice chance to crit for a LOT, then reckoning and your heal both let you do it again.

You'll also have a lot of AP to keep your heals decent, and the movement speed from lichbane is brillo pads.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    once you aren't playing with newbs, zerkers are never the best choice. merc treads are overpowered.

Feldorn on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Another question, this time looking for hero suggestions. Having only played a handful of matches so far, I haven't even seen every hero yet, nor do I have the ability to play as all of them to try them out. So I need to start saving IP towards making solid purchases.

Here are some heroes that I liked and/or was very good with in DotA. Hoping you guys can help me find their LoL counterparts.

Squee & Spleen - The goblin demolition team. I really enjoyed this character as a lane defender and a harasser, setting up unexpected traps and keeping the enemy contained. Is there a character like that in this game? With stun-trap mines, proximity mines, and remote mines? Or anything else of that nature?

Banehollow the Lycanthrope - I was a big fan of his movement speed and lifestealing while he was shapeshifted. A total melee powerhouse. Looking for something similar that is a very fast, very deadly close range fighter.

Enigma - I don't know what it was about this hero that clicked with me, but he and I shared a special bond. I was able to play him like nobody else I ever saw. During my dota days, I caused many early game rage-quits with Enigma. He had the stun dot, the black hole ultimate, and a couple other moves that I'm fogetting now. Basically, he was not a hero killer, but more of a controller.

That's 3 of my favorites. There are others I was really good with as well but if its possible to match me up with anything like them in LoL, it would be a great start.

Lucascraft on