As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, tempted to re-sub so I can make that final push with my Witch Hunter to 40... don't suppose there's been any changes that I'd want to know about recently?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Still? Damn they've been weak since launch.

It's sort of funny actually. I haven't played this game in like a year or so because I decided I did not want to play until they fixed the Magus or the Blackguard.

Still waiting.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Man, tempted to re-sub so I can make that final push with my Witch Hunter to 40... don't suppose there's been any changes that I'd want to know about recently?

The biggest change, actually.

They changed how AP re-generation works.

Which is KIND of annoying for meele.

But now healer's aren't invincible god kings with infinite heals, and you can actually, *gasp*, kill them!

Transporter on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Iblis wrote: »

It's sort of funny actually. I haven't played this game in like a year or so because I decided I did not want to play until they fixed the Magus or the Blackguard.

Still waiting.

Yep, I'm on the same boat. Awesome premise and interface, but terrible "balance".

I still can't believe they nerfed the magus along with BW/sorc 3 times... As if they were even comparable.

I mean, if I had a group to support me (1-2 chosen to guard, 1 or 2 healers, and another dps) I'd play all the time, but why would you pick a magus over any other dps? The answer: you wouldn't.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    On the note of how terrible Magus's are I am now playing one, Nekish on Iron Rock if a guild gets going.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Given that I've been craving a taste of something new... or different, and the game is only $15 via Steam I might give it a go. Starting up our own guild again sounds like it could be fun, the last time I played I ended up going to a different server all together because the activity in The Six Mouths was practically zilch.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

But now healer's aren't invincible god kings with infinite heals, and you can actually, *gasp*, kill them!

What did they do?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

What did they do?

AP regen used to be broken. Basically, if you stopped swinging/casting for 2 seconds, your bar filled right back up. Now, it regens at something like 15% per second, so AP drains and poor management can shut you down.

Atlas in Chains on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't suppose White Lions are useful yet? When I left they were fine until T3, after which point their role seem to become "you can't kill anyone, so do what tanks do and annoy healers, except with 1/3rd the survivability". PVP in the last bracket was hilariously unfun.

Glal on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If anyone wants to use my referral email to resub/start up, pm me to let me know. I need one more payed to get my manticore/gryphon. I'd really appreciate it

:D:D

I also have a rank 11 guild that's just chilling on iron rock destro if you guys want to jump in it to help level it up. Again, pm me.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010

What did they do?

AP regen used to be broken. Basically, if you stopped swinging/casting for 2 seconds, your bar filled right back up. Now, it regens at something like 15% per second, so AP drains and poor management can shut you down.

This. You can actually TELL when a healer blows his wad and no longer has enough AP to keep up with your damage. Thereby letting you time whatever burst abilities you have to finish them.

Unlike before when they popped a shield, waited two seconds, and then spamhealed to full. Instead, what happens now is that they blow that huge AP shield, are barely able to get themselves back up to half health, and then you EXPLODE THEM.

Transporter on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Edit: Nevermind, found what the problem was.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Downloadin' client now.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Iblis wrote: »

Still waiting.

Yep, I'm on the same boat. Awesome premise and interface, but terrible "balance".

I still can't believe they nerfed the magus along with BW/sorc 3 times... As if they were even comparable.

I mean, if I had a group to support me (1-2 chosen to guard, 1 or 2 healers, and another dps) I'd play all the time, but why would you pick a magus over any other dps? The answer: you wouldn't.

Pretty much. It pisses me off in particular because I played a Magus in beta and posted a lot of feedback on the class's problems. Right before release they overhauled the class and gave it a damage boost, but gutted a lot of its utility among other random changes. It was rather ridiculous because the Magus had such pitiful damage that it just needed a straight up buff, not a buff with nerfs to other areas. And the damage was still pathetic. I remember a lot of Magus players posting about this, and one of the developers argued that the Magus should be fine now because its damage was boosted. So que launch, and... the Magus is terrible. So then I waited for awhile, hoping that they would get around to recognizing this, but nothing ever came of it. So I resolved to play the Blackguard instead. It looked awesome and it was the mirror of the Ironbreaker, so I figured it would have to be good.

So then I got to be one of the players to test the Blackguard. At first they only let us play Tier 1, but people were already complaining about how overpowered Blackguard were because they could beat the KoTBS one on one in Tier 1 and Ironbreakers were going over their skill trees, picking out any good ability and bitching about how they did not get it. So they nerfed the Blackguard and buffed the Ironbreaker based on theorycrafting and Tier 1 experience. Incidently they let us test them in Tier 4 after this. Turns out the Blackguard was a pile of shit while the Ironbreaker remained the king of tanks. And hell, the "underpowered" KoTBS turned out to be an excellent tank with a few horrifically overpowered abilities. Nothing was changed after the Tier 4 testing. And despite minor tweaks, from what I've read the Blackguard is still pretty much where it was before.

And from what I've been reading on the forums when I've checked from time to time, they're still trying to nerf the Bright Wizard/Sorceress exactly enough to avoid making them underpowered, as opposed to fixing the myriad of weak classes. I have to wonder how many disillusioned people they lost from this alone, and how many players they could gain back if they actually fixed some of these classes.

Ah well, suppose ranting at this point doesn't do much. I'll continue not playing until they fix one of these two classes.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i love my KotBS :D

every pull is a fun time.
    1zbbi9i.jpg

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

What did they do?

This. You can actually TELL when a healer blows his wad and no longer has enough AP to keep up with your damage. Thereby letting you time whatever burst abilities you have to finish them.

Unlike before when they popped a shield, waited two seconds, and then spamhealed to full. Instead, what happens now is that they blow that huge AP shield, are barely able to get themselves back up to half health, and then you EXPLODE THEM.

What about the Disciple of Khaine and the Warrior Priest? They still hard to kill since they don't run off of AP? Or did they change THAT too?

Nyht on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Unless you had a Chalice, didn't you build their alternate resource BY spamming AP moves?

Dac on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is it still possible for a Rank 40 character to power level lower rank characters or did they take steps to eliminate all the power leveling tricks? Having my Rank 40 buddy haul my test character to the Chaos Wastes didn't prove particularly effective, with or without apprenticeship.

(Why did I play a DoK at launch when my friends are all playing Order now...)

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    Unless you had a Chalice, didn't you build their alternate resource BY spamming AP moves?

Most DoKs DID have chalices. At least the hardcore healer ones (aka a bit boring)

Nyht on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Just attempted to defend altdorf at 30/15.

my buttes.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Is it still possible for a Rank 40 character to power level lower rank characters or did they take steps to eliminate all the power leveling tricks? Having my Rank 40 buddy haul my test character to the Chaos Wastes didn't prove particularly effective, with or without apprenticeship.

(Why did I play a DoK at launch when my friends are all playing Order now...)

Nah, they didn't.

You have to go to an area that auto levels you to 40 though.

Which is why you'll see people begging to get teleported to LOTD.

Although if at all possible, if you do decide to get powerleveled, get to 36 and STOP.

T4 RvR is active enough to where you should be able to at least match up your Renown rank to 40 when you hit 40.

However, having 40's that can't even wear annihilator will pretty much disqualify you for anything PvE or PvP.

Transporter on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    my woman says i can't resub until i finish dragon age.

~_~

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

What did they do?

So like doks then after the chalice nerf.

Sounds good, ap healers gotta think a bit. Maybe run away preserve themselves...maybe stop healing their mates cos they had to run away.

You know. Tactics. I like it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I see AP drains hurting a LOT more now.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    :3
    2d0xdi0.jpg

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hope you took the mats brah

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    saban what guild/server is that. i will joins youze guyz

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    I see AP drains hurting a LOT more now.

That is a fantastic point, actually.

I wonder how good sac spec is now, doks get a fantastic skill as their highest normal activation ability.
    It gives them something like 30 or 40 special dok heal juice + drains around 40 or 50 ap from the enemy and gives you more awesome heal juice based on how much you just drained. That + their tactic to drain ap from their anti strength would mean versus a meleer attacking them they could take a massive chunk out of the enemies ap and cut their dps down to almost nothing with two attacks.

Whereas nobody has an anti-dok heal juice ability. :)

I got ideas going through my head now. Just over one more week until I can sign up.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    saban what guild/server is that. i will joins youze guyz

I'm guildless on Volkmar.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh god altdorf siege on Badlands.

oh god computer melting

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, keep in mind if you just re-upped from an over 2 month hiatus you have FREE SERVER TRANSFERS.

Also you all should totally reform TSM. I would join you, but alas, it would probably be on Iron Rock and I'm Order on Iron Rock.

So it would suffice of your awesome tales of killing my Knob, in the face.

Transporter on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ok, I need an mmo. I played WAR for a while back in the day, but TSM/the entire game world was inactive at around when I stopped, the mid 20s. Should I resub?

I want to and I need reassurance.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Volkmar order is brutal, have yet to come close to winning a SC in T4.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh, hey, just noticed I have the Golden Writs in my mailbox from the whole billing debacle.

I'm assuming the endless dyes are what one should go for?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Typically a single endless dye, and a gryphon, since their mount speed is 75%.

Also I so wish my account was hit, but my billing date was a day after.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have order Characters on Badlands (Where the Candymancers Used to run) and Disorder on Iron Rock (For the Six Mouths) if anyone wants to get the guilds going again I am down for it.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fucking serpent's passage...

Feels like the only one on Order who actually goes for the parts instead of sitting around and wanking in a big combat pit by the capture point.

Anyway. Still having some problem killing healers, but I'm attributing some of it to them having a few levels on me (38 versus 40) and probably a couple higher tiers of gear. Probably should fiddle around with specs as well.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seriously though, I'm on my 10 free days to be back, and I want to roll with some people. Where do I go?

Ziac, I'm up for it.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Typically a single endless dye, and a gryphon, since their mount speed is 75%.

Also I so wish my account was hit, but my billing date was a day after.

I can't help but feel like someone fucked up when customers wish their billing was screwed.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Positive note, via a ton of PvP ended up hitting 39/36 tonight.

Got into another Altdorf city siege.. and for some reason my frame rate still dies faster than I do randomly. I'd like to say it's when loot pops up... but I dunno. The third stage of the city siege wasn't too bad, though...

..except for the part when I got called up as a Champion. :mrgreen: That was a bit of a rush...even if I was the first one to die. Tried to play it back a bit, but something kept on yanking me out to the middle.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg