As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA World of Darkness: Vampire *Updated

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    8 pm EST that is, yes? That works for me. There gonna be instructions on how we're meeting in OpenRPG (since I've only ever used that program maybe once), or we going to get that all decided upon beforehand in MSN/AIM/IRC?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Works for me. It means I can get into the game BEFORE I have to go to work this Sunday, then every other sunday is a striaght up day off... Of course I'll have to start setting my alarm.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Sure, I can do that, but if it goes off longer than say..four hours, I might have a problem, seeing as how I have work the next day and all that. But I doubt it'll be that bad.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aegis wrote: »
    8 pm EST that is, yes? That works for me. There gonna be instructions on how we're meeting in OpenRPG (since I've only ever used that program maybe once), or we going to get that all decided upon beforehand in MSN/AIM/IRC?

Seven for me...sounds good. And I might have that program lying around somewhere...but I also haven't ever actually used it. IRC might be simpler for everything except for maps...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can dig it. Not for too many hours, but dig it I shall.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, having just been informed (yay for advance timing there *mutter*) our church's regular spaghetti supper night is this sunday, just giving heads up (it starts at 5 so I don't expect to not be back by 8) that if I'm late for whatever reason, thats why (don't care for church that much, but damn are their spaghetti suppers awesome).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, we're on for tomorrow?

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, we're on for tomorrow?

I'm up for it... though expect me to be pretty tired. =(

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Info and where/how we're meeting and all that? Let's just hope there's no hockey today...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Info and where/how we're meeting and all that? Let's just hope there's no hockey today...

There is, Vancouver plays tonight -.- I'm keeping AIM/MSN on though for when we're about to get together tonight though.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Can someone give me a hand on getting OpenRPG to work?

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We still on for tonight @ 5:00 pm PST? (7 pm CST for me)

My character is ready for tonight. We never did get official confirmation about which sheet we'd be using from Kolchak, though. I used VTR's. Are we using OpenRPG? What's the channel/room/port or whatever? I'll need to set it up for tonight. Kolchak, get on AIM!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think IRC would be easier for our first session. OpenRPG really doesn't add as much to a WoD game as it does a more grid-and-map-based one, and IRC's a bit easier to get running. And the past few games I've done with OpenRPG have had numerous connection problems from other players.

And it still hasn't been clarified just what we're doing for the combat situation. It's just not easy to convert VtM disciplines and mechanics to the nWoD, if it's even possible at all.

And Justice, I could be wrong about this, but if Kolchak had intended for us to use the VtR sheet, he probably would've provided a link to that instead of the VtM one.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Powerslave wrote: »
    I think IRC would be easier for our first session. OpenRPG really doesn't add as much to a WoD game as it does a more grid-and-map-based one, and IRC's a bit easier to get running. And the past few games I've done with OpenRPG have had numerous connection problems from other players.

And it still hasn't been clarified just what we're doing for the combat situation. It's just not easy to convert VtM disciplines and mechanics to the nWoD, if it's even possible at all.

And Justice, I could be wrong about this, but if Kolchak had intended for us to use the VtR sheet, he probably would've provided a link to that instead of the VtM one.

I'm going to be optimistic and think that Kolchak knows what hes doing for now. I'll be idling in #Bombfell and on AIM so a poke if and when we're starting would be nice. For now... back to sleep.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »

I'm going to be optimistic and think that Kolchak knows what hes doing for now. I'll be idling in #Bombfell and on AIM so a poke if and when we're starting would be nice. For now... back to sleep.

He hasn't clarified anything. On the first post it says OpenRPG or IRC, but I haven't seen either selected. Despite questions on just what we're doing regarding the VtM/VtR system mishmash we haven't had anything clarified and instead got a bunch of suppositions by one or two of us.

All I want to know just what we're doing, seeing as how we're supposed to be gaming in three hours. How you get me not believing that Kolchak knows what he's doing out of that I don't know.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    KolchakKolchak Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    We'll do over IRC for the first session just for everyone's convenience. How many people are actually able to be there at 5 PM tonight? From the sheets I've received, the majority are fine but there are some that need work and haven't been updated and others that are only in the partial stage at this point. Who is actually got the green light and is going to participate tonight?

Kolchak on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

He hasn't clarified anything. On the first post it says OpenRPG or IRC, but I haven't seen either selected. Despite questions on just what we're doing regarding the VtM/VtR system mishmash we haven't had anything clarified and instead got a bunch of suppositions by one or two of us.

All I want to know just what we're doing, seeing as how we're supposed to be gaming in three hours. How you get me not believing that Kolchak knows what he's doing out of that I don't know.

I just meant that I figured Kolchack had probably already worked out alot of the conversion stuff. Like if you have a green light he was probably able to just convert it himself.

Anyways I'm in like Flynn for tonight. Can't wait.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I just meant that I figured Kolchack had probably already worked out alot of the conversion stuff. Like if you have a green light he was probably able to just convert it himself.

Anyways I'm in like Flynn for tonight. Can't wait.

I apologize for misunderstanding. I'm eager too.

Powerslave on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mind if I spectate tonight so I can get a log of what's going on?

Also: What Server/Channel?

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I sent in my sheet a while back and you seemed to think it was okay. So...

I assume the same location as #odam and #bombfell. I think #vampire or #berlin would probably be fine.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm struggling with the dice bot at the moment, so the room isnt finalized yet.

Kolchak on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    #VTR_FlamesofCleansingDice on Darkmyst is our server.

Kolchak on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I'll be there.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    #VTR_FlamesofCleansing is server for the actual game

#VTR_FlamesofCleansingOOC for everything else that's not a roll (OOC, etc.)

#VTR_FlamesofCleansingDice for all dice rolls.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yeah can you be more specific than darkmyst I can't find it in my server list and I don't know wether it's .com/.org or what

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sooo... are we actually going to post some character info in here for everyone's edification?

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I will, later today, when I get online again. It was fun, if a bit short. If we have more time and less rules talk next time, things should go well. :)

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ditto, once I wake up, on the character info writeup. Session was quite fun.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Name : Zoya Peters
    Alias : Z
    Height : 6'
    Weight : 157 lbs.
    Country of Origin : Russia
    Birth : Circa 1915
    Turned : Circa 1940
    Hair : Bald
    Eyes : Green

Zoya was taken from Russia shortly before the forming of the Soviet Union, and was raised in America for most of her life. She lived in a mostly Russian area, though, so her thick accent remains. After her turning and acclimation to her new existance, she was involved in some unpleasentness that caused her to flee to Europe shortly after the war. Soon after finding her way to Germany, she stumbled into the business of smuggling.

She assists with moving people and supplies from East to West, and transferring contraband from West to East. Although rumors put her with the Gangrel, she's spent most of her time associating with the similarly bussiness-minded Ventrue. Her covert activities are handled during the day by a German human who takes care of most of the mundane work. She has a fairly high standing amongst mortals and Kindred, and plenty of resources to keep herself comfortable.

Zoya usually wears suits instead of dresses, dark things complete with vests and hats.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Name: Terry Willits
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 144 pounds
    Country of Origin: America
    Born: April 12th, 1924 CE
    Turned: April 12th, 1945 CE
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green

Terry was the daughter of a well to do entrepenuer and his wife an ex-model. She grew up during the depression with enough to eat but little else. At 18 she joined the Army Nurse Corp during WW2. The hospitals along the front were a battlefield all their own, between constant artillery fire and an ever-present lack of supplies. She saw young soldiers die before her eyes, American, German, Italian, French, English, and the civilians unlucky enough to be caught in the fighting.

During a three day leave to Paris she was turned by a Malkavian. After the war her father started a line of repair shops. Her death had driven him into deep depression and he had turend to work as his narcotic, slowly tearing apart his marriage and his life. In 1955, after getting into real narcotics, he took his own life. His wife sold the repair shops to a French businesswoman, Terry's sire. Her sire gave her the businesses, though she owns them through an alias.

Generally speaking, Terry blends in with the social scene. Her dress is always mod though never in the wild colors of the rest of her generation back in America.

(Appearance: 5)
    (Languages: English native, French, Spanish, German, Russian)

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Maybe we should make a separate thread for all this, and to keep any and all "blue booking" in.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Maybe we should make a separate thread for all this, and to keep any and all "blue booking" in.

probably a good idea. Kolchak: make us a thread, mister storyteller.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    7pm CST is game time. Everyone still on for tonight?

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I've got Mother's Day dinner over here, so if I show, its going to be late.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm on and in the #ODAM #bombfell rooms. I haven't run into anyone else. So if we're doing anything, just poke at me. I'm about to eat.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Valkun and I searched all around and hung out for a while. But we finally got tired and left. There was only ever one other person there.

I guess we decided not to play tonight.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ST words would be nice on this note, unless he just went out and forgot.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Wait a second. That's my room. YOU BASTARD! Haha. Have fun in there.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

Wait a second. That's my room. YOU BASTARD! Haha. Have fun in there.

I think you get to have it back since, y'know, another ST mysteriously dissapears after the first session. :roll:

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, maybe someone else will step up and run the Vampire adventure?

I'd volunteer to run something, but nobody ever signs up when I offer. Although I just got Spirit of the Century, and it's so awesome...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png