As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The 2nd one is basically Warwick.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You have a few heroes who have abilities similar to mines

Teemo's mushrooms are like that but they apply a dot instead of direct damage, Shaco has a Jack in the Box that fears an enemy then attacks them for a bit

Heimerdinger is probably closest to a lane defender with his turrets though

Also I thought Berzerker's were good on TF and Udyr, also also I thought Phoenix Stance was butts, not Tiger

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For 1 it would be Heimer with turrets or Shaco with jack in the boxes in a bush.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So anyway, I'm just looking for some general tips on how to up my damage output, because that's the area I felt I was weakest in. I was never able to seal the deal in a confrontation, because no matter which hero I was playing, and no matter how good my item build was, I was always getting beat by the enemy champions.

Neither Ashe or Cho are top-notch damage dealers, in my book. (I know some in this thread disagree, esp with Ashe.) Ashe is built more to for zone control, with some above-average and steady damage. Cho is mostly about tanking and controlling via his knock-up spikes and silence, with the occasional OM NOM NOM spike damage (which I think is bugged currently?).

If you're looking for OMGWTFBBQ type damage, I'd look more towards heavy damage characters like a Corki, Yi, Teemo, Twitch, etc.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    1) heimerdinger is the closest i think

2) warwick

3) i dunno, amumu sort of, i don't think enigma's moveset is really in the game.

Feldorn on
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I don't get it. I thought lots of people bitch about Ashe being overpowered or something, but she is just not good at all. Like, I'll take her over a homeless dude with a broken bottle, but there is just an infinite supply of better ranged characters than her. I mean I've seen opponents across all levels use her and it's just never that impressive. Yeah, she can Volley... and once a minute she gets the frost arrow. But her damage output never seems to be all that high and she's got little else but those two tricks.

I don't know, I guess I just don't see how she could be considered overpowered when I can't even see her as being par for the course.

Cognisseur on
    edited June 2010
    Also I thought Berzerker's were good on TF and Udyr, also also I thought Phoenix Stance was butts, not Tiger

pheonix is awesome.

as far as the boots go, to me, it's less about how bad the zerkers are, and more about how awesome merc or tabi is.

ashe is great if a good player is controlling her. but she is also easy to play really shitty with.

Feldorn on
    edited June 2010
    What's a good build for Udyr then

I was going Mandred's > Greaves > Bloodrazor > Stark's but that was kinda underwhelming

I was gonna switch it up to Mandred > Greaves > Bloodthirster > Phantom Dancer > Bloodrazor since I've never been able to chase or do damage that well and Dancer and Thirster help with that

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    So I don't get it. I thought lots of people bitch about Ashe being overpowered or something, but she is just not good at all. Like, I'll take her over a homeless dude with a broken bottle, but there is just an infinite supply of better ranged characters than her. I mean I've seen opponents across all levels use her and it's just never that impressive. Yeah, she can Volley... and once a minute she gets the frost arrow. But her damage output never seems to be all that high and she's got little else but those two tricks.

I don't know, I guess I just don't see how she could be considered overpowered when I can't even see her as being par for the course.

How long have you been around the interwebs?

1) Person A playing Ashe beats Person B.
    2) Person B complains Ashe is overpowered on some forum.
    3) Person C sees forum post, remembers that time he lost to an Ashe, then has a way to attribute that loss to Ashe being overpowered and not, in anyway, his skill.
    4) Repeat step 3 a billion times.

Its especially common for ashe (or other characters with global spells) because people will forget in the moment when they're setting up a gank, that maybe that Ashe could use her arrow in that encounter, etc.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Ashe just enrages me with her zone control. She's got multiple long ranged slows or stuns and is just a pain in the ass to lane with early. Later she's pretty easy to beat to death with pennies in a sock, though.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't think anyone considers Ashe overpowered, she's just overused. People get annoyed that Ashe is in 100% of their games when she's not even that amazing.

Virtually every other ranged DPS character has better damage output than Ashe. Of all the ranged champs, though, Ashe has probably the best support skill (next to TF's Destiny, maybe) and certainly the best initiating skill.

People always do underestimate Corki's ability to eat wards though. Probably because no one ever actually lays down wards outside of TT in solo queue.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Ashe just enrages me with her zone control. She's got multiple long ranged slows or stuns and is just a pain in the ass to lane with early. Later she's pretty easy to beat to death with pennies in a sock, though.

I'm sure I couldn't rape face with a three second stun that ranged the map every 45 seconds, and a permant slow, a shot gun type ability that gives +dmg, increased crit, and increased gold. Let's not forget that you can't outrun her, persue her, and has the capability of outrunning/out damaging characters with the right build.

Who's awful again?

Lunysgwen on
    edited June 2010
    Probably because no one ever actually lays down wards outside of TT in solo queue.

I do! Are you calling me a nobody?!

chrono_traveller on
    edited June 2010
    What's a good build for Udyr then

I was going Mandred's > Greaves > Bloodrazor > Stark's but that was kinda underwhelming

I was gonna switch it up to Mandred > Greaves > Bloodthirster > Phantom Dancer > Bloodrazor since I've never been able to chase or do damage that well and Dancer and Thirster help with that

i've played him once, went pheonix - turtle - bear - tiger picking up one lvl of bear to help with ganks when i came out of the jungle.

i think i started with doran's ring and hp pot for jungleing, did some smaller camps till 3, then golem/liz and try to gank.

items i got were tabi, locket, zeal and lifesteal, PD, veil. i played tanky, but still had good damage/survivability/speed.

though really, i had no idea what i was doing.

Feldorn on
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, I forgot that I always get a Locket after boots when I'm playing Udyr

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I'm sure I couldn't rape face with a three second stun that ranged the map every 45 seconds, and a permant slow, a shot gun type ability that gives +dmg, increased crit, and increased gold. Let's not forget that you can't outrun her, persue her, and has the capability of outrunning/out damaging characters with the right build.

Who's awful again?

Ashe's enchanted arrow might get me killed every once in a while but Ashe is rarely the one doing the killing.

You can't chase her but you rarely need to. If you get one CC on her she's basically dead.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm going over how to build Kayle and I have a pretty good plan, I've got 4 items so far but I need some advice for the last two.

So far it's boots (your preference), Nashor's Tooth, Ghostblade and Rageblade. What's the item that lets you stack AP power with each minion kill? I'm thinking that would be really nice.

Ghost blade isn't that great for kayle since you should never be using melee attacks, just using your E for ranged attacks...the hextech gunblade however is awesome on her and would make a good replacement

The reason I like the ghostblade is because, between it and Nashor's Tooth, you're E ability cooldown is barely longer than it lasts. I feel like the attack damage isn't completely wasted because it does get partially applied to AP and it gives some good crit %. It's active also increases your attack speed so your E plus the attackspeed on a fleeing champ reminds me of playing Master Yi.

If your build is focused on the E ability that cooldown reduction with benefits is really good for Kayle. In general I'm just a really big fan of AS.

EDIT: I just looked up the gunblade and it woudl be amazing in addition to what I have. I don't think I'd replace anything I have with it.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
    edited June 2010
    if you have 5-6% CD on your runes, and get the 9% in masteries (which is a great idea for kayle) and nashor's then you're already sitting on 38-39%

Feldorn on
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Speaking of Runes and Masteries, is there a setup that is reasonably useful no matter which Champion you're using? At level 13 I don't have many points and have spend 0 IP on Runes. The only thing making me competative are the items I get ingame.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Speaking of Runes and Masteries, is there a setup that is reasonably useful no matter which Champion you're using? At level 13 I don't have many points and have spend 0 IP on Runes. The only thing making me competative are the items I get ingame.

you cant go wrong with spell pen, dodge, hp, and cooldown runes, but it really does depend on which champs you like to play.

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, I forgot that I always get a Locket after boots when I'm playing Udyr
    I liked Udyr before, but now he just seems so boring.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm purchasing zilean.

How bad of a person am I?

He looks so baws.

Edit: Garen is after him.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2010
    i would suggest getting a set of armor pen and magic pend marks (red), dodge seals (yellow) and i have a set of clarity, and flat -CD% glyphs (blue). after that, the most useful quints you can buy are flat HP. but getting all that will take awhile. i think the HP quints might be the best.

Feldorn on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm purchasing zilean.

How bad of a person am I?

most people will think you are a dick

but you will be like

"jaaaaaaaaaam son, i am SO FUCKING COOL"

bombin' bitches and rezzin' teammates

like a baws

once you hit 40% cooldown reduction spamming rewind makes your ultimate roughly a 22 second cooldown, i believe, and you will be able to bomb people every 3.6 seconds

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited June 2010
    Zilean is great, haters gonna hate

They should bottle their ire for Shen and Jax

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Zilean is great, haters gonna hate

They should bottle their ire for Shen and Jax

this

a thousand times this

people should just be thankful his bomb range was nerfed months ago, and his bomb AP ratio was nerfed a few weeks ago

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited June 2010
    kabuki64 wrote: »

you cant go wrong with spell pen, dodge, hp, and cooldown runes, but it really does depend on which champs you like to play.

I wouldn't worry all that much about runes till you hit level 20 (or 21 I can't remember) and you start buying tier 3 runes.

chrono_traveller on
    edited June 2010
    question: when people get hp seals, do they get hp per level or flat hp

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Flat. Hp per level is only better at lvl 11+ or so, and early game is where you want that extra health.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited June 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    question: when people get hp seals, do they get hp per level or flat hp

I'd suggest flat, since it makes a huge difference in the early game (esp. the quints), and the per level ones are not that noticeable late game because you have more items that affect your health.

chrono_traveller on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

she isn't overpowered

but she is very good

basically she is a textbook right click carry

and her utility in arrow is great midgame and a nice thing late

and slows, while not the best thing in the world compared to snares and stuns, are still a welcome addition

her damage output is amazing once you get her farmed up by late game -- ie she is a great carry but if she gets ganked or can't creep well during the laning and midgame, she's basically only her ultimate

edit: and to state again, yeah she isn't overpowered

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Took Udyr for a spin and have had lots of success playing him as support/disruption. Everyone says to ignore tiger stance, but is it worth stacking attack damage and stance dancing for the triple AD DoT? Several hundred damage every few seconds seems pretty good in my head at least. Also phoenix doesn't feel that great to me.

BlueDestiny on
    edited June 2010

she isn't overpowered

but she is very good

basically she is a textbook right click carry

and her utility in arrow is great midgame and a nice thing late

and slows, while not the best thing in the world compared to snares and stuns, are still a welcome addition

her damage output is amazing once you get her farmed up by late game -- ie she is a great carry but if she gets ganked or can't creep well during the laning and midgame, she's basically only her ultimate

edit: and to state again, yeah she isn't overpowered

As long as Ashe seems to be the champion to discuss at the moment, I'd claim that she isn't a carry at all. I'd say she fits more into an initiator/debuffer(slower?) role than a carry. She can build toward damage, but so can any physical attacker, and none of her skills (IIRC) have any multiplier that really shines come late game.

chrono_traveller on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Free Nightmare Cho'gath skin from Alienware. Limited code count.

edit: their site is getting hammered and you need to make a login for it it seems

but man i want a blue cho

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited June 2010
    its not worth it

i might regret it in the long run but i don't feel like trudging through a site that is getting jam packed

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hate Cho'Gath

I hate him

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just got mine.

And like other free skin offers, if you don't have Cho'gath you'll get him! Huzzah!

Also the site isn't too hammered now after the initial rush, took me like 3 minutes to make an account and get the code.

Slicer on
    edited June 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    Just got mine.

And like other free skin offers, if you don't have Cho'gath you'll get him! Huzzah!

Also the site isn't too hammered now after the initial rush, took me like 3 minutes to make an account and get the code.

oh ok, this convinced me

i forgot that you get the champion with the skin

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited June 2010
    you get Cho!?

damn you now I have to tryyyy

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited June 2010