As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: May to October Edition

• Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Heeeeyyyyy yyooouuu ggguuuuyyyssss....

I got a copy of Zelda:Four Swords Adventures, for GameCube. Is anyone interested in (and has the GBA/Game Link cable necessaryto) playing this?

Even if you just have your GBA, I'm willing to spring for extra link cables at Ye Olde Willowe Videoe.

HD

PS, also, PM me if you're interested in playing either Starcraft: The Board Game (we have room for four more players) or TI3 with the expansion, for Tr0tsky (room for six).

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    honestD wrote: »
    PS, also, PM me if you're interested in playing either Starcraft: The Board Game (we have room for four more players) or TI3 with the expansion, for Tr0tsky (room for six).

I'm up for either. I was actually going to play TI3 last weekend, but the guy who owns it wasn't able to make it out. Expansion (or at least modified role cards) would be appreciated ;) I loathe the Imperial card.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whoa, when did this pop up?
    Jumped into this one a little late.

Damnnn, missed tonight's lazerpewpew I see...
    Put me down for the August one though...

As well as wings, castle fun park.

Wow, didn't realize there were so many of us going to AE. We should definitely meet up there...
    Put me down for PC gaming staff.

@SmallLady, do you know if console and pc are in the same area again this year?

Also, are suggestions welcomed again this year?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Put me down for either starcraft or TI. Just as long as I know ahead of time so I can get my learnin' on early.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So the Rio has another cabaret show coming up on Saturday June 26th at 8pm. The usual $10 door price. If anyone is interested in partaking let me know. Should be similar to the Comic Strip Cabaret without the Comic Book theme. Poetry Slam and vaudevillian antics can be expected.

Other than that no new event news. Still looking for ideas to fill up the weekends in July.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Heeeeyyyyy yyooouuu ggguuuuyyyssss....

I got a copy of Zelda:Four Swords Adventures, for GameCube. Is anyone interested in (and has the GBA/Game Link cable necessaryto) playing this?

Even if you just have your GBA, I'm willing to spring for extra link cables at Ye Olde Willowe Videoe.

HD

YES YES YES!
    my goodness, even if i dont make it, i have like 3 cables lying around if i recall

delphinus on
  • Options
    TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    SO, my birthday is coming up and I was hoping to do something fun with you guys on July 3rd. I haven't really planned anything specific, thought we could toss some ideas around if there's interest.

Dinner/drinks?
    Mini golf?
    Beach day?
    Sumo suit wrestling? (I should be just tall enough now!)
    Playland?

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna be camping that weekend =(

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oooh, nice!

That's okay, most people use that weekend to go away, which is why I haven't really planned anything concrete :)

Teenychicka on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm also not available on the 3rd. I have a wedding to go to. Don't dooooo it.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll probably be free on the 3rd.

Not so fond of any beach activities, wouldn't want to ruin my pale geeky complexion, but pretty much up for anything else.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'd be up for something as well...

Yeah maybe something game related?

It's up to you... it's your birthday... :)

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Not so fond of any beach activities, wouldn't want to ruin my pale geeky complexion, but pretty much up for anything else.

No bikini for you, Absinthe! :p

Well I'll hash out some ideas, but knowing me, I'll probably just do dinner/drinks. I'll keep ya posted!

Teenychicka on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

No bikini for you, Absinthe! :p

Well I'll hash out some ideas, but knowing me, I'll probably just do dinner/drinks. I'll keep ya posted!

In that case we could just go down the to Seattle International Beerfest that day. lol.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't think I can take that stinky bus down anymore this year, apart from PAX. I might lose my marbles.

What do people think about bowling? AKA....cosmic themed bowling? Yea :winky:

Teenychicka on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't think I can take that stinky bus down anymore this year, apart from PAX. I might lose my marbles.

What do people think about bowling? AKA....cosmic themed bowling? Yea :winky:

Only if you guys dress up as Jedis. ALL of you.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Do we have to have the lightsabers too?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Duh. Without a lightsaber you're just some dude in a bathrobe.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sumi wrote: »
    Duh. Without a lightsaber you're just some dude in a bathrobe.

The_DIMD?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not wanting to change the topic so drastically from my favourite, "Dudes in Bathrobes", but I was wondering if I could get a couple of you to donate your valuable PAX time to play test something down at the old tabletop annex when the con is on.

Greenwitch and I are avid game collectors, as most of you know, but it's come to the point where we have to consider each game purchase carefully. That is, we can't just go around buying games that look cool anymore, as we have neither the space to store them, nor the time to play them.

The latest game that hit my "I gotta buy it" spot is the "A Game Of Thrones" LCG, a magic-type card game with a different distribution model, and a multiplayer focus. I need two of you to help us test this game at PAX, to see if we like it.

"But HD, why can't you test it someplace else?" Because no game store that I know of has an open copy available to try out. Grr.

So I guess I'm also asking if anyone here knows where I can try this game out in Vancouver. Or anyone who has it and is willing to lend it out. Or something.

Anyway... please post if you can help in either regard. Thanks!

We now return you to "Guys with Glowsticks" sponsored by Vancouver PAX Forumer Events

honestD on

• Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Haven't see you blokes in a while. Want to go to the Saturday Morning Cartoon Party?

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey!

Put me and a +1 from Burnaby down for FTW night :]

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Haven't see you blokes in a while. Want to go to the Saturday Morning Cartoon Party?

I'm working this weekend...22 hours of double-time, basically pays for PAX :D

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    ACC3SS wrote: »

I'm working this weekend...22 hours of double-time, basically pays for PAX :D

Haha I 'd say... that'd more than pay for pax if I were doing that...
    congrats man...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Definitely sounds fun but I am also working.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey! Who wants to do a barbeque on Aug 1?

honestD on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Who DOESN'T is a better question!

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Who DOESN'T is a better question!

Indeed it is... I was going to do this on the 31, but as there's a DQIX event going on at EB, I'll have to push it to the sunday of the long weekend. Please PM, or post if you're in. Thanks!

honestD on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    If I'm in the country that weekend I'll be up for it. Still might be making a trip to Seattle. Will know for sure by this Sunday.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, I was just trolling around the intertron, and I noticed something interesting.

It seems that the Protomen are playing a show at the Biltmore on September 7th, two days after PAX. Naturally, as there's no such thing as 'too much Protomen', I say we give it a go, see?

http://www.protomen.com/tour/

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    de4dmeta1 wrote: »
    So, I was just trolling around the intertron, and I noticed something interesting.

It seems that the Protomen are playing a show at the Biltmore on September 7th, two days after PAX. Naturally, as there's no such thing as 'too much Protomen', I say we give it a go, see?

http://www.protomen.com/tour/

Well if they are making the effort to cross the border, I don't see that we have the choice.

Should we see if they want to carpool? lol.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just to make it official, I am down with a BBQ.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey, is anyone in here playing Dragon Quest IX?

honestD on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey, is anyone in here playing Dragon Quest IX?

I have it, but I haven't played it at all...been busy with a bunch of crap lately.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have it, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to be blonde or pink haired. The options! Gave up, too hard. XD

Teenychicka on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wow, guys.... That's awful!

Well, if you two get started before Sunday, EB is handing out a bonus treasure map between 2-4 at select stores, then gamedeals.ca is having a tag party for exchanging maps and such. Should be good!

honestD on

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anybody up for doing something the Thursday night before AE? if luck is with me, I should be in Van around 7:30pm.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Anybody up for doing something the Thursday night before AE? if luck is with me, I should be in Van around 7:30pm.

I'll be hanging out with the Gaming Dept Staff members for setup, wondering why you decided to ditch us all. :P

From what I gather we'll probably be 'testing' the CFP setup by that time.... or over at the UBC pub, check in with me, DM or Danneh when you get in, I beleive you have my number already.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I'll be hanging out with the Gaming Dept Staff members for setup, wondering why you decided to ditch us all. :P

From what I gather we'll probably be 'testing' the CFP setup by that time.... or over at the UBC pub, check in with me, DM or Danneh when you get in, I beleive you have my number already.

*doublechecks phone*

yes, yes I do.

*sheepish* i still have no idea how to get to UBC via transit, Carson (table top mgr) is giving me a ride in every day, seeing as i'm crashing on his couch

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    *sheepish* i still have no idea how to get to UBC via transit, Carson (table top mgr) is giving me a ride in every day, seeing as i'm crashing on his couch

Depending on where you're staying...you'd take a 41, a 99, a 17, or a 4 bus.

tr0tsky on
This discussion has been closed.