As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Fuel Spill

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Mechanical wrote: »
    For those who are interested in Black Ops, have footage:

Haha, oh man they still use the same grenade pickup and bounce sound.

The Jelly is here to stay, apparently.

Also that helicopter is fucking badass and oh my god.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's really FAL+SP, nothing to do with the sight on the weapon. Heck, you might be able to throw a silencer on that puppy and still stick to a 2-3 round kill from any distance.
    No the Holo sight brings up it's minimum damage. An FAL with Stopping Power is still 3 shot at the longest range but the Holo guarantees a 2 shot.

SirToasty on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Assuming you didn't get a headshot, which makes it two at long range and one up close.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    That's really FAL+SP, nothing to do with the sight on the weapon. Heck, you might be able to throw a silencer on that puppy and still stick to a 2-3 round kill from any distance.
    No the Holo sight brings up it's minimum damage. An FAL with Stopping Power is still 3 shot at the longest range but the Holo guarantees a 2 shot.
    Gah! I cant keep it straight. I also thought that the Holo tightened the spread on the SPAS, but I see that has been stricken from the OP. Damn it all.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Haha Scatman and I are playing with a twelve year-old who rages harder than he does. This is hilarious.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm on for multi in a few, ready to kill mans.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Haha Scatman and I are playing with a twelve year-old who rages harder than he does. This is hilarious.

It sounds highly unlikely.

Mechanical on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For those who are interested in Black Ops, have footage:

Haha, oh man they still use the same grenade pickup and bounce sound.

The Jelly is here to stay, apparently.

Also that helicopter is fucking badass and oh my god.

Watching the trailer makes me want to toss in Bad Company one and play the chopper level again.

Arrath on
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

It sounds highly unlikely.

He isn't lying. It's like Scatman Jr.

twmjr on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So people are online? Mans are being shot?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the invite, guys. It was fun. Sorry my headset was messed up. It happens every once in a while, and my friends know I just need to reset my box to fix it, but I didn't want to hold you guys up. Nice nuke on Wasteland, lol. I don't usually play Team Deathmatch, but I had a lot of fun on Overgrown with you guys; watching my game-winning CQB double-kill was the highlight, imo. :P

milk ducks on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Assuming you didn't get a headshot, which makes it two at long range and one up close.
    Yes I was assuming body shot. One hit kill headshot from an AR is pretty sweet.

SirToasty on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will probably get on after the Ubisoft E3 stream. Unless it's boring. Then I'll be on before it's over.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Gah! I cant keep it straight. I also thought that the Holo tightened the spread on the SPAS, but I see that has been stricken from the OP. Damn it all.

Holo also lowers the recoil on the M16 to lower-than-FAMAS levels.

Although, real men use Silenced Striker or ACOG F2000 or Thermal Mini-Uzi. :P

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Watching the trailer makes me want to toss in Bad Company one and play the chopper level again.

Serdaristan great country for sailing, even if only body of water is sewage plant!

Mechanical on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FAMASSHOLE

joshgotro on
    edited June 2010
    I think I need to start recording the audio of our games. Some of this banter is fantastic.

Willeth on
    edited June 2010
    Alright, fair warning:

NSFW and/or squeamish stomachs, but since I was using a Barrett today it reminded me of this.

This spoiler tells the story, the next is a link to the forum where the picture is. Forgive the caps, I didn't write it.
    WHILE MOUNTING THE M2 MACHINE GUN ONTO THE TURRET SYSTEM OF HIS MATV DURING PRE-COMBAT CHECKS, THIS SOLDIER EXPERIENCED DIFFICULTY INSERTING THE LOCKING PIN ON THE MOD 93 MACHINE GUN MOUNT. THE SOLDIER THEN ATTEMPTED TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE WITH A ROCK. AFTER THIS FAILED, HE THEN SECURED A LOOSE .50 CAL ROUND, USING IT TO HAMMER AT THE LOCKING PIN, ATTEMPTING TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE. AFTER SEVERAL HITS WITH THE .50 CAL ROUND, THE PRIMER ACTIVATED, SETTING THE ROUND OFF IN THE SOLDIER’S HAND. THE INJURIES SUFFERED TO HIS RIGHT HAND, MIDDLE, RING AND PINKIE FINGERS ON HIS RIGHT HAND ARE SHOWN BELOW TO THE RIGHT.
    This is really gory, just a heads up.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    HOLY moly yeah if you have any hopes of eating tonight don't click that link.

Holy shit.

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited June 2010
    Alright, fair warning:

NSFW and/or squeamish stomachs
    ...THE SOLDIER THEN ATTEMPTED TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE WITH A ROCK. AFTER THIS FAILED, HE THEN SECURED A LOOSE .50 CAL ROUND, USING IT TO HAMMER AT THE LOCKING PIN, ATTEMPTING TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE. AFTER SEVERAL HITS WITH THE .50 CAL ROUND, THE PRIMER ACTIVATED, SETTING THE ROUND OFF IN THE SOLDIER’S HAND....

Jesus Christ. What kind of goddamned idiot does this?

Mechanical on
    edited June 2010
    Just for kicks, I went through and recorded all the tenth prestige messages in my inbox.

http://www.willeth.com/audio/10thlobby.mp3

Willeth on
    edited June 2010
    100% leGIT. He'll give you anything you want for 1600 MSP.

ALSO THEY ALL YELL INTO THEIR MIC

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2010
    I love how bored they all sound. This is their tenth time going through the list and they just don't have any zip any more.

Willeth on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright, fair warning:

NSFW and/or squeamish stomachs, but since I was using a Barrett today it reminded me of this.

This spoiler tells the story, the next is a link to the forum where the picture is. Forgive the caps, I didn't write it.
    WHILE MOUNTING THE M2 MACHINE GUN ONTO THE TURRET SYSTEM OF HIS MATV DURING PRE-COMBAT CHECKS, THIS SOLDIER EXPERIENCED DIFFICULTY INSERTING THE LOCKING PIN ON THE MOD 93 MACHINE GUN MOUNT. THE SOLDIER THEN ATTEMPTED TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE WITH A ROCK. AFTER THIS FAILED, HE THEN SECURED A LOOSE .50 CAL ROUND, USING IT TO HAMMER AT THE LOCKING PIN, ATTEMPTING TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE. AFTER SEVERAL HITS WITH THE .50 CAL ROUND, THE PRIMER ACTIVATED, SETTING THE ROUND OFF IN THE SOLDIER’S HAND. THE INJURIES SUFFERED TO HIS RIGHT HAND, MIDDLE, RING AND PINKIE FINGERS ON HIS RIGHT HAND ARE SHOWN BELOW TO THE RIGHT.
    This is really gory, just a heads up.

The Motivational Poster about 8 posts down from that link is priceless.

Also, fuck all you people feeling sorry for this guy. That shit is funny.

Burtletoy on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So. Anyone feel like watching me suffer through a red bar connection with all y'all?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited June 2010
    So what's your least used weapon? Mine is the Thumper. Post 1st prestige I've gotten 24 kills with it. I'm going to give it a 30 + or - 3.

joshgotro on
    edited June 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    So. Anyone feel like watching me suffer through a red bar connection with all y'all?

Tomorrow night man. Add me. j0shg0tr0

joshgotro on
    edited June 2010
    Gentleman's class is so fun.

FAL (non Holo)
    1887 (FMJ)

Frag, Stun

SoH
    SP
    Ninja

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2010
    GuysguysguysguysGUYS.

I just found the coolest way to cockblock in this game. Run Last Stand, and when you get taken down, unless you have a chance to kill someone, toss a stun grenade at your feet. Counts as a suicide, so he doesn't get the credit.

I don't think I'll ever take Last Stand off now.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    GuysguysguysguysGUYS.

I just found the coolest way to cockblock in this game. Run Last Stand, and when you get taken down, unless you have a chance to kill someone, toss a stun grenade at your feet. Counts as a suicide, so he doesn't get the credit.

I don't think I'll ever take Last Stand off now.

Not a new idea, but always fun for screwing with the enemy.

I prefer using C4 for that myself if I choose to.

(More fun to do it when the other guy's in Last Stand, then watch him try to turn around to see what made the C4 landing noise, then wave bye bye as you give him fireworks.)

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • klokklok Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone else think the c4 takes a little too long to set up/set off? Also with resupply on you can seriously fuck yourself over if you don't notice you picked up an additional c4 after trying to set one off.

klok on
  • DryesiasDryesias Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I was playing S&D last night. A guy on my team had wall hacks. I'd kill myself on purpose just to watch him. He'd run around with an FMJ Vector and just run up to walls, and get triple kills through them over and over, waste the entire team every time within a few minutes of the match starting.

Oh yea, and he'd vote skip maps just by himself till he got a map he liked, heh.

Makes the game completely unenjoyable. I wish they'd fix the lag in BC2.

Edit: This was on Xbox

Dryesias on
    edited June 2010
    C4 isn't really meant to be used like a grenade. It's to mark objectives and screw people who are trying to take them. And the second scenario is why I always detonate it with the reload button double-tap.

Willeth on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dryesias wrote: »
    So I was playing S&D last night. A guy on my team had wall hacks. I'd kill myself on purpose just to watch him. He'd run around with an FMJ Vector and just run up to walls, and get triple kills through them over and over, waste the entire team every time within a few minutes of the match starting.

Oh yea, and he'd vote skip maps just by himself till he got a map he liked, heh.

Anytime you die in this game it's either by a hacker or a tuber, there is no equal stand up fights anymore. Would be nice if someone could get rid of the RPG/tube spam because nearly every game its happening. I guess i'll have just have to go pro and only use a Marathon/DC/RPG/UMP class and show off a spinning skull.

Tridus1x on
    edited June 2010
    C4 isn't really meant to be used like a grenade. It's to mark objectives and screw people who are trying to take them. And the second scenario is why I always detonate it with the reload button double-tap.

Probably the nastiest way to kill someone is to plant it on a Domination point. "Enemy is taking C!"

Chk-chk. +100.

More people should take Sitrep in Domination.
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    Dryesias wrote: »

Anytime you die in this game it's either by a hacker or a tuber, there is no equal stand up fights anymore. Would be nice if someone could get rid of the RPG/tube spam because nearly every game its happening. I guess i'll have just have to go pro and only use a Marathon/DC/RPG/UMP class and show off a spinning skull.

I never used to care, but now that I'm trying for a nuke it's shitting me right off. I can stay out of line of sight most of the time and I bug out when people see me, but with a tube he only needs to see you once and you're fucked. I'd say 80% of my deaths just before Harriers have been tubes. 5% was RPGs.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited June 2010

Surely what you meant to say was this:
    C4 is a fantastic grenade that has a ridiculous blast radius and an anytime-you-want fuse. It also doubles as a trap in Domination, and if you ever detonate it any way except double-tapping reload, you are dumb.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    c4 is fun on riot shield classes because it's like a knife that you don't have to be able to aim.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is the proper use of the Riot Shield... and Flashbangs/Stun... and C4... and OMA. This is what we all should aspire too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWcm4mkxeU

Youtube has everything!

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited June 2010
    That's pretty goddamn awesome but he got super lucky not to be tubed/rawkit'd or knifed from behind or whatever.

Here's someone killing a Harrier with a Riot Shield, in what may be the scariest use of Harriers to date.

whoa what

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    okay i was on last night clandestinely because I was really fucking drunk—I mean like the whole room was blurry. So, I decided that, being lvl5 or so, HC would be the best thing to play. Apparently, when I pull RT drunk my gun refuses to shoot for a whole .5-1s usually resulting in me being dead. Still, I had a good time, however, seeing more than 2 xes on one guy in HC makes me a very angry sonnofabitch.

Also, I'm getting fucking tired of constant racial slurs but what're you gonna do? I'm still a relative newbie to this shit (been playing 'bout a year now) but the prevalence of asshats on xbox live is fucking ridiculous

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
This discussion has been closed.