As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Phalla All-Stars (Mafia Victory)

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Vote is closed. I must now determine if the game is over.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No, im good. But if i'm dead tonight, and the game isnt over, Either Infidel or REG is mafia.

The_Reflection on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, there is no way this thread should languish on 199 pages!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2010
    Did I fall asleep?

The_Reflection on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Did I fall asleep?

For a little while.

Darian on
    edited June 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Did I fall asleep?

For a little while.

Shall I go now?

The_Reflection on
    edited June 2010
    Shall I go now?

If you like.

Darian on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    tsuntsun: i wonder if the rng seed in lost odyssey is broken. fffffffffffffff

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Day 13: For Fuck's Sake, Village. For Fucks Sake.

WHAT THE FUCK, VILLAGE.

YOU VOTED OUT THE VILLAGE IDIOT, Dunadan019 (AoR_Final). HE EVEN TOLD YOU WHO HE WAS. YOU FAIL. YOU FUCKING FAIL.

The village fail wagon continued as both the Tank and Lady Eri attempted to kill someone, both failing for various reasons; the former could not fire his main cannon, the latter hitting what appeared to be body armor.

The would-be victim pulled out a gun, and shot Daius (The_Reflection). A second shot rang out, and Lonelyahava (Extermatott) was slain.

Rend (Mr. Defecation) could only stare into space as he was glovefucked by Burnage. "But.... But I thought you were on my side!"

As Rend fell to the ground, Burnage stood atop a blue shell, grinning. "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

He then took off his mask, revealing.... B:L?! "And no one expects B:L To Be Evil."

He took off a second mask revealing.... kime?! "Of course, I'm Always Evil."

A third mask and it was Burnage again. "I win." So he rode off on his blue shell, ever increasing in speed to hunt down the remaining villagers.

The Dead:
    -The_Reflection WAS Daius (Mason,, Tank Vig, Village Special), Mafia victorious
    -Extermatott WAS Lonelyahava (Even Day Vig, Village Special), Mafia victorious
    -Mr. Defecation WAS Rend (Odd Day Seer, Village Special), OH FUCK BURNAGE IS EVIL

AoR_Final (Dunadan019) has been voted out by the village, and leaves the game victorious!
    AoR_Final has left the game victorious, granting Kay (Dunadan019’s Alt) a posthumous victory!

Surviving Mafia:
    -B:L IS Burnage (Thrall, Vig)
    -warban/Arivia IS Rainfall
    -Orange Soda IS TheLawinator (Roleblock)
    -Aegis IS Lady Eri (Guard)
    -Darian IS Trust

THE MAFIA NOW CONTROLS THE VOTE, AND WILL KILL ALL REMAINING VILLAGERS THE NEXT DAY.
    THE GAME IS OVER.
    THE MAFIA IS VICTORIOUS!

The Shamed:
    -Infidel WAS Look Out It’s Sabs! and Lady Eri(Spectrum Red, Lady Eri)
    -Capfalcon WAS Gonmun (Old-School)
    -REG Rysk WAS Demurist (New-School)

Post Game Notes Enroute.

adventfalls on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And so it came to pass
    that never was the "Never Evil"
    never never thought to be never evil
    never never again.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A vigilante thrall with kills that appear village-aligned, in a game where for the first ten days the OP made it appear that there was no possibility of thralls or millers, is absolutely horrible

Burnage on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My first surviving win as mafia, and 13 days to boot! Woo, great game!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BL can't claim to be never evil anymore?

Advent's failure has lowered.

simonwolf on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ahahaha

that explains a lot

Daypigeon on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so so many weird records were just set

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A thrall vig? That's pretty nasty, adventfalls. In any case, I'm only here for the reveals. So make with the reveals!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2010
    Note: Knowing that thorgot had been seered evil meant we could jump on his bandwagon early. I suspect that's the only thing that kept me alive at the end.

Darian on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This just in:

When I get day 1'd the village is dumb :P.

(Twice is enough to prove a theory rite?)

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited June 2010
    We were panicked to all high hell in the first four days when it seemed that the village couldn't miss with 'analyzing' the vote and somehow picking out our guys one after another. It was hair-splitting.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    -Mr. Defecation WAS Rend (Odd Day Seer, Village Special), OH FUCK BURNAGE IS EVIL

Hit pretty close to home here

Rend on
    edited June 2010
    Someone else will need to unlock it, but mafia boards are here.

Darian on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ME!

I WIN!!!!

YOU ALL FAIL AND I WIN!!

You are precisionk!

Hail the God-Emperor! You serve no faction… THEY SHALL SERVE YOU!

Abilities:
    -[Force Lightning]: Teach a player that their feeble skills are no match for the dark side by targeting them for death!
    -[Let The Hate Flow Through You!]: Convert the target player to your faction. They will share your win condition.
    -[You Are Ten Tanks]: You will automatically sacrifice one of your faction members to survive a kill attempt.
    -[Ascend to the Throne]: Activate a second vote- whether or not to acknowledge you as the God-Emperor. This cannot be used on consecutive days.

Win Condition: Be recognized as the God-Emperor that you are.

lonelyahava on
    edited June 2010
    I still don't understand how you ended up getting people to vote for you on Day 2 ahava.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A Vig Thrall! Now that's just unfair. :( I even protected him the last day I was alive because SOMEONE'S MESSAGE BOX WAS FULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

But I'm somewhat Pleased because I was a role. Probably one of the roles added late after a shitload of people joined. But still.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited June 2010
    Whatevs, I just wanna see the roles I want to know what I did as a firestarter.

The_Reflection on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Uh yeah, not fucking cool...

Where were our Vigs for the night? All roleblocked? Super happy with this btw.

REG Rysk on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Heh, funny story.

My original PM said that I was cheez. Which made me a little confused when I saw him dead.

And mafia.

Capfalcon on
    edited June 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »

One role-blocked (Infidel), one guarded (guard was on OS).

Darian on
    edited June 2010
    One was blocked so I assume someone tried to kill Orange Soda.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Roleblocked and guarded by the mafia specials, it seems.

And further evidence that anybody who day 1s Rawkking is up to no good :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also. Maybe this should be a recurring Theme. An annual game to see which players have come and fallen from notoriety as the years have passed?

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    I still don't understand how you ended up getting people to vote for you on Day 2 ahava.

I am loved.

I am the prettiest princess.

I AM TEN TANKS WRATH FEAR EVIL GOD EMPERORESS

also, i asked nicely.

lonelyahava on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Great, so by the time I had any control over ANY vigs, somebody who was CONFIRMED was just guarding the targets. Glad we found out about the thrall/miller thing LIKE TEN DAYS IN.

REG Rysk on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    aegis, darian and possibly ebum are evil.
    sorry, i feel like you should have said that earlier beel.
    [chop]and now that theres a concentrated effort to push towards aegis, you are all of a sudden the network mouthpiece?

sorry "Never:Evil". i dont buy it.

(unfortunately, i bet enough people will. so i say good game to you sir.)
    conversely, you and thorgot are in league with each other. you become the 'network head' and learn about all the specials remaining in the game. it sounds like what aznman did (and won a phalla award for).

and theres no defense from it at this point.

gg.

edit2: and preying on the idea that the 'network will save us, they obviously have things under control' is classic B:eviL play.

psolms on
    edited June 2010
    Re: lonelyahava
    Mainly, people seemed to be genuinely scared that the precisionk role would murder them all if they didn't vote for her. We'll have to wait and see if it had some increasing powers if it had stuck around.

Darian on
    edited June 2010
    Oh yea, psolms <3 You had good aim.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    Game Notes:
    -WHY DID TOXIC TOYS NEVER USE HIS MECHANICS SEERING ABILITY?!
    -Wow, the village was fucked by the RNG.
    -Why is no one taking into account the fact that there are thralls and millers? (checks clarifications) Oh FUCK.
    -OS and BL on the same side? FFFFFF

Post-Game Notes
    So obviously some explanation is required.

First of all, I honestly thought people would be able to figure out from 'unpopular mechanics are in play' that thralls and millers were in play. It wasn't until a few days ago that I realized through someone else pointed out that I explicitly stated that host PMs were trustworthy, which could easily be construed as 'seerings are 100% accurate.'

That was a major miscalculation on my part, and for that, an apology is owed.

I had planned for a while for the tank to appear in order to reward the village for crowning Ahava the God-Empress. Once it got to that point however, I had to call in a fallback plan, because this game would easily gone on for another few days without using 'Plan B': the Lady Eri vig.

There are two other things to discuss: first, balance. Even if the village suspected a thrall, their only counter was the name seer, Malkor. Another name seer or two and perhaps the village could have had an effective counter. I actually think I stacked the deck in favor of the mafia.

Second, WTF THIS PERSON IS NOT OLD/NEW-SCHOOL. Calm down. Yes. I fucked up royally on some of those. I intended for three equally numbered village factions, just like Phable.

The mafia were chosen based on either (a) past exploits (Burnage = deadly mafia, Plutonium = evil Busdriver), (b) reputation (Rainfall is evil), or (c) If I think they're supposed to be mafia (cheez, Trust, Seriously).

One New-School and Old-School player managed to survived to the end of the game! These factions recieved a secondary victory!
    No Contemporary players remain! Total failure!

adventfalls on
    edited June 2010
    aegis, darian and possibly ebum are evil.
    sorry, i feel like you should have said that earlier beel.
    [chop]and now that theres a concentrated effort to push towards aegis, you are all of a sudden the network mouthpiece?

sorry "Never:Evil". i dont buy it.

(unfortunately, i bet enough people will. so i say good game to you sir.)
    conversely, you and thorgot are in league with each other. you become the 'network head' and learn about all the specials remaining in the game. it sounds like what aznman did (and won a phalla award for).

and theres no defense from it at this point.

gg.

edit2: and preying on the idea that the 'network will save us, they obviously have things under control' is classic B:eviL play.

And it wasn't us who killed you to silence you!

Darian on
    edited June 2010
    awesome, role pm's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The_Reflection on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Awww, there was no Fiaryn role :(

I was kind of distracted this Phalla. And unfortunately, Infidel apparently never relayed to the network that I had the tank. Or got back to me at all, after the first day I blew someone up.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787