As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phalla All-Stars (Mafia Victory)

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fia, there WAS a Fiaryn role.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also. Maybe this should be a recurring Theme. An annual game to see which players have come and fallen from notoriety as the years have passed?

.....this is by no means the first Phalla Phalla game.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Awww, there was no Fiaryn role :(

I was kind of distracted this Phalla. And unfortunately, Infidel apparently never relayed to the network that I had the tank. Or got back to me at all, after the first day I blew someone up.

You do play a good me however.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Was there? I must have just missed it.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Darian:: I am awesome. I killed Infidel on dayone COMPLETELY ON ACCIDENT (totally should have had it on B:L. Like i'd planned on day two)

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for talking out of the corner of my mouth at you, psolms. Soooooo much I couldn't say.

edit: oh, and thanks AF for letting me win not ONCE but TWICE!

you did have me totally, totally wrong though - why did I need to kill hippie?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also. Maybe this should be a recurring Theme. An annual game to see which players have come and fallen from notoriety as the years have passed?

.....this is by no means the first Phalla Phalla game.

He's new, play nice :)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you could have said 'yes psolms, thanks for asking. i am in fact evil, so dont use me as your backup plan in case you die.'

:P

psolms on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had a kill in on B:L day 1... but I changed it. Also I called kills on specials, which the mafia kindly blocked. Worst mafiadar ever

Phyphor on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I had a kill in on B:L day 1... but I changed it. Also I called kills on specials, which the mafia kindly blocked. Worst mafiadar ever

Yea, once you called that kill we pretty much just blocked you. Keeping you alive let us move kills elsewhere while neutralizing an opposing kill.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, you did the village a favor. None of my targets were good

Phyphor on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Im sorry to keep asking, but Advent, are you gonna post role pms?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i think the game running 13 days hurt the village more than the thrall did

even i was finding it hard to stay interested by the time i was seered

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Too few kills really. After the first 2 days I could see this taking close to 2 weeks

Phyphor on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    we had a lot of laughs about the "burnage vigilante's aim sucks" posts on our proboards

cj will have to unlock them

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Reffy, He's working on getting the post together.

Suck it up and be patient.

Also, and I have to do this just one more time.

I WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnn

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    thorgot, i trusted you, man... how could you be evil?

psolms on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Everyone should post their role PMs or forward them to the person they represented. I think that Adventfalls wrote some good roles and people would appreciate reading about themselves.

Edit: Dur, Advent is posting them. I'm a 'tard.

daniant on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Everyone should post their role PMs or forward them to the person they represented. I think that Adventfalls wrote some good roles and people would appreciate reading about themselves.

4Wnu

apparently you can forward images to yourself. who knew?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I no longer have mine. However I did like the OS / B:L outlast each other minor win (speaking of which, shouldn't Alegis have died victorious? Unless they weren't mirrored)

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Village PMs:
    You are (insert name here)
    You’ve been around the game a while, even if it’s been a while since your last game. It’s as simple as getting back on a bike, right?
    Faction: Old-School Player
    Win Condition: Eliminate all players hostile to the village.
    Secondary Condition: Ensure that at least one Old School player survives to the end of the game.
    You’re well known amongst Phallateers of today. But how do you stack up against the old guard... as well as some new up and comers?
    Faction: Contemporary Player
    Secondary Condition: Ensure that at least one Contemporary Player survives to the end of the game.
    You may be new, but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to mix things up! You’re primed, and you’re ready to kick some ass!
    Faction: New-School Player
    Secondary Condition: Ensure that at least one New-School Player survives to the end of the game.

The Reflection:
    You are The_Reflection!
    It’s time to cause trouble the old fashioned way. Set people on fire!
    -[OHGODIMONFIRE]: Target one person to be set on fire. For the next day, that person will have a post (and avatar) restriction.

precisionk:
    You are precisionk!
    Hail the God-Emperor! You serve no faction… THEY SHALL SERVE YOU!
    Abilities:
    -[Force Lightning]: Teach a player that their feeble skills are no match for the dark side by targeting them for death!
    -[Let The Hate Flow Through You!]: Convert the target player to your faction. They will share your win condition.
    -[You Are Ten Tanks]: You will automatically sacrifice one of your faction members to survive a kill attempt.
    -[Ascend to the Throne]: Activate a second vote- whether or not to acknowledge you as the God-Emperor. This cannot be used on consecutive days.
    Win Condition: Be recognized as the God-Emperor that you are.

Recieved the followed power after activating the vote:
    [Daring Emperor]: This secret power can only be gained by activating [Ascend to the Throne] during day 1. You are immune to all kill attempts tonight, even unblockable attempts.

Upon ascending, all people subject to [Let The Hate Flow Through You] will return to the game, regardless of status.

Squashua:
    You are Squashua!
    Wait, Squashua?! What the fuck are you doing back on the board, you were banned! You’re sure Thanatos and Tube will find out soon enough, so you might as well have fun while you can...
    Abilities:
    -[Revenge!]: Target one person for death per day. This kill cannot be blocked by a roleblock or a guard, but can be redirected.
    -[Second Chances]: You aren’t leaving without a fight, and can withstand more than one kill. Upon being targeted for death, you will become immune to any kills that come your way that night. This does not render you vote immune. All parties attempting to attack you will be told that you were guarded.
    Win Condition: Be the last man standing.
    Secondary Win Condition: Kill five people.

Arivia:
    You are Arivia!
    You’re a Canadian woman with an unhealthy desire for hockey, booze, and corrupting the innocent. You’re finally in control of a kill power, and you’ve got one thing on your mind: Kill Hippie or Samurai6966.
    Abilities:
    -[Corruption]: Target one person for death.
    Win Condition: Kill Hippie or Samurai 6966 by your own hand.
    Alternative Win Condition: Arrange for Hippie and Samurai 6966 to die before you do.

Dac Vin:
    You are Dac Vin!
    You have a very... interesting definition of what is the ‘cancer that’s killing Phalla’. Regardless, you’re back from your Godwin’s Law-breaking breakdown to show these assholes how it’s done.
    Abilities:
    -[Light the Dac Vin Signal!]: You are immune to the vote. Instead, you will be publicly outed.
    -[Sound the Dac Vin Alarm!]: You may manipulate the vote, either by adding/removing a vote from a person, or by having your vote count twice. Failure to send in orders will default your ability for the day to the latter.
    -[Oh For Fuck’s Sake]: You start the game aware that there is a Village Idiot in play. Whether you choose to reveal this is up to you.
    Win Condition: Survive to Day 5.

Dunadan019:
    You are Dunadan019!
    You are a fucking genius, why can’t anyone else see it? You are the master of this game, you know how to win. But since everyone else is a goddamn moron, then you’ll show them by forcing them to play without you!
    -[I Have in My Pocket a List]: Choose up to five people to be listed in narration.
    -[Fuck This Condition]: You may only choose this ability during Day 1. Get a new condition, and force someone else to take yours.
    Win Condition: Be removed from the game by winning the red vote. Being removed from the game in any other form is unacceptable, as is surviving to the end of the game.

Kay was Dunadan019's alt, and his objective was to help AoR_Final be voted out. All red votes he received were busdriven onto AoR.

Infidel:
    You are Infidel!
    Hey, a pseudo-faction game! You’re a mover and shaker in this kind of game, so get to work!
    Abilities:
    -[Spectrum Power]: This ability can only be used once. Target one player. You are immediately masoned with this player and will share their win condition, and will don the suit of Spectrum Yellow! All those masoned with you will don suits as well!
    Win Condition: Survive. This condition will be replaced upon being masoned.

Hippie:
    You are Hippie!
    You’re a seer? Again? Well, you seem to have a good track record when it comes to sniffing out mafia…
    Abilities:
    -[Intuition]: Target one person every even day for seering.
    Faction: Village Special

Spectrum:
    You are Spectrum!
    You’re a networking master, and a lover of anime, nyoro~n.
    Abilities:
    -[Peer Into the Void]: Your first clarification on rules or game mechanics has a lower probability of being denied clarification.

Lonelyahava:
    You are Lonelyahava!
    Wait, you have a kill ability? Score! Maybe now you can kill Toxic Toys! Or maybe you can help the village.
    Abilities:
    -[Killtastic]: Target one person for death every even day.
    -[Options]: You may fulfill either win condition in order to win.
    First Win Condition: Eliminate all players hostile to the village.
    Second Win Condition: Kill Toxic Toys.

Rend:
    You are Rend!
    You’re practically a god of information and networking next to Spectrum and Infidel. Time to do your thing!
    Abilities:
    -[Network]: Target one person for seering every odd day.

Egos:
    You are Egos!
    You’re not entirely sure how you got to be a village special, but you’re not going to push your luck. Let’s kick some ass!
    Abilities:
    -[You Have My Shield]: Target one person to be guarded every odd day.

B:L:
    You are B:L!
    Ah yes. You don’t play much anymore, but you still enjoy it regardless. Of course, you’re still Never Evil. Now then…
    Abilities:
    -[Kirbo]: Target one person for death every odd day.
    -[Rosario]: This ability can only be used once. Sacrifice your ability to kill for a chance at something... else.
    Secondary Win Condition: Ensure Orange Soda dies before you do.

Orange Soda:
    You are Orange Soda!
    You’re the everyday vig? ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE YOU! ROLE CALLS ARE ENFORCED UPON DEATH! B:L MUST DIE!
    Abilities:
    -[Game Theory]: Target one person for death.
    Alternative Win Condition: Ensure that B:L dies before you do.

Gumpy:
    You are Gumpy!
    Well then. You’re a village special. Care to have some fun?
    Abilities:
    -[Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto]: Choose two people. Any abilities used on the first person are instead used on the second.

Daius and Darian:
    You are Daius and Darian!
    Who the fuck can tell you two apart? Doesn’t matter. You two are gonna stick together and get shit done.
    Abilities:
    -[Mason]: You two are masoned together. You start the game knowing that anyone that receives this PM has the same win condition.
    -[No, You Voted For the Wrong One]: Votes are distributed evenly between the two of you.

Kime
    You are Kime!
    You are always evil. Always. Even if your win condition doesn’t say that you are.
    Abilities:
    -[Kime is Always Evil] You will be seered as mafia. You will appear as a villager upon death.

Toxic Toys:
    You are Toxic Toys!
    You’ve played this game with distinction, now show people that you don’t have to be a Big Name to pull things off.
    Abilities:
    -[I Don’t Think So]: Target one person every even day to be guarded.

Samurai6966:
    You are Samurai6966!
    You know people. Well, maybe not. But you do hold rights to the Big Name Players list.
    Abilities:
    -[Big Name Player]: Target one player to identify their name.
    Secondary Win Condition: Find a Big Name Player

Rawkking Goodguy
    You are Rawkking_Goodguy!
    You may not have started out in this game, but you’re gonna help finish it, and you’re gonna win damn it!
    Abilities:
    -[Replacement]: You will assume the abilities of the first killed village special.

Alegis and Aegis
    You are Alegis and Aegis!
    You two haven’t played together in a long time, haven’t you? No matter. It’s time to make up for lost time!
    Abilities:
    -[No, You Voted For the Wrong One]: Votes are distributed evenly between the two of you.
    -[No, It’s With an ‘L’]: You two are masoned together.

Mafia:
    You are the mafia!
    Screw being an all-star, you are the mafia! You may be up against the most well-known players to have held the title of Phallateer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t beat them at their own game.
    B:L is Burnage
    Orange Soda is TheLawinator
    Tecurian is Plutonium
    Aegis is Lady Eri
    Darian is Trust
    Ebfan is Seriously
    LoserForHireX is Spectre
    ronrab is Delmain
    warban is Rainfall
    thorgot is cheez
    cj iwakura is shalmelo
    Group Abilities:
    -[Rub Them Out]: Select one player for death.
    Player Abilities:
    -[Plan B]: All of the following abilities may be placed under group control should the associated player die. Be warned that the group ability may not be as effective.
    -[Vlad]: Burnage will be not be seered as a mafia. He also has the ability to select one person for death, which will appear as a village kill until he dies. If killed, the mafia will gain a second group kill.
    -[I Am Not Left Handed]: TheLawinator may choose one person per day to roleblock.
    -[I Though You Drove the Bus]: Plutonium may choose two people; all abilities used on the first person are now used on the second.
    -[Fuck No!]: Lady Eri may target one person to be guarded.
    -[Find Cover!]: You begin the game with the knowledge that there are three village factions- the Old-School Players, the Contemporary Players, and the New-School Players. You also begin the game with the knowledge that the following players are not in this game, and are suitable cover roles.
    Old-School: INeedNoSalt, Captain Eleven, SkyCaptain
    Contemporary: LoserForHireX, Garroad_Ran, Romanqwerty
    New-School: daniant, extermatott, Capfalcon
    All three factions comprise the regular village at large, with a secondary win condition of ensuring their faction’s survival. You also begin the game with the knowledge that all village specials are their own faction, titled ‘Village Specials’.

Tank:
    You are now driving the Tank!
    A gift from the God-Empress Ahava as a thank-you for recognizing her power, you are resting in one of the God-Empress’s war machines! Nice.
    New Abilities:
    -[Grandfathered]: You retain all abilities you could use before you received the tank.
    -[Fire the Main Cannon!]: Target one person for death. Using this ability does not preclude you from using any other ability.
    -[Tank Is Invincible, You Not So Much]: If you are killed, the tank will be found by another player, and that person will receive the kill.

Lady Eri (Vig):
    You are now accompanied by Lady Eri!
    You’re pretty damn sure that Lady Eri was already a role in this game, but it seems that this one managed to produce some VERY convincing PM screenshots. No matter. She says she can help you win the game...
    New Abilities:
    -[Grandfathered]: You retain all abilities you could use before you received this role.
    -[Cold Hard Vengeance]: Target one person for death. Using this ability does not preclude you from using any other ability.
    -[Fleeting Alliance]: If you are killed, Lady Eri will join with another player, and that person will receive the kill.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The following people achieved a minor victory:
    -All Old-School Players
    -All New-School Players
    -Alegis, for outlasting Phyphor
    -Malkor, for successfully seering a Big Name Player

adventfalls on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The mafia were chosen based on either (a) past exploits (Burnage = deadly mafia, Plutonium = evil Busdriver), (b) reputation (Rainfall is evil), or (c) If I think they're supposed to be mafia (cheez, Trust, Seriously).

Ha, really? The only game I can think of where I might deserve that recognition was years ago.

cheez on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Who? I don't see them anywhere in the deaths log.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cheez,

I think of you as mafia.

I don't know why, but I do.

You and Seriously and Spectre and plutonium!!!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Post-Game, Part 2

There's some confusion on WTF Kay was doing here. Now I can explain.

Kay was an experiment in game mechanics, specifically hidden players. Hindsight, I should have informed the moderators of this, because Kay got a pretty big infraction out of it (and only got off after I explained the situation).

I honestly like the mason powers, gives the masons a reason to both stay alive. Probably the one thing that's worth keeping from this game other than 'lol B:L was finally evil'.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love my and Alegis' role description adventfalls <3

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, the mason ability was very nice - a solid boost in power to them, but not overly so. Though it got us off to a really rough start, as mafia.

Darian on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I always consider B:L evil, even when he's "confirmed" good.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    thorgot, i trusted you, man... how could you be evil?

i am never evil what are you talking about

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What was the ??? thing? I forget if we voted for it after

Phyphor on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry about being afk. I had to spend a few days driving from one place to another and with the timing of vote close I didn't get time to vote on the 3rd day.
    Post-Game, Part 2

There's some confusion on WTF Kay was doing here. Now I can explain.

Kay was an experiment in game mechanics, specifically hidden players. Hindsight, I should have informed the moderators of this, because Kay got a pretty big infraction out of it (and only got off after I explained the situation).

I honestly like the mason powers, gives the masons a reason to both stay alive. Probably the one thing that's worth keeping from this game other than 'lol B:L was finally evil'.

Lol, for some reason I find the host adding a mechanic that got a player jailed just funny.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ??? = kay = duna's alt

psolms on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for running, Advent.

I can't imagine I would have stayed sane through it.

Good on ya, sir.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, at least I was a mafia cover role!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aw, I was so sad that I wasn't a role. :(

Maybe next time.

daniant on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, I was the one Rawkking replaced. Historically.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Aw, I was so sad that I wasn't a role. :(

Maybe next time.

Hey, you were my new-school mafia-cover buddy! That's pretty good, right?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cheez,

I think of you as mafia.

I don't know why, but I do.

You and Seriously and Spectre and plutonium!!!

I has a sad.

But hey, thanks for asking me to join!

cheez on