As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Phalla All-Stars (Mafia Victory)

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also, I was the one Rawkking replaced. Historically.

Heh, looks like Advent took my suggestion for my role :>

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, I was the one Rawkking replaced. Historically.

Heh, looks like Advent took my suggestion for my role :>

oh man, that game D:

Daypigeon on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had to go back and check if my ghost post still stands up:
    Ringo wrote: »
    ooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo

I didn't care before, but when faced with a choice between AoR, Darian, and me... you chose me?

You goose

OOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOO

And I wasn't even killed by the thrall! Terrible vigs are terrible. Still can't believe the network just left Darian alone.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Aw, I was so sad that I wasn't a role. :(

Maybe next time.

Pah. I didn't even get to be a fake cover name and I co-hosted the first Phalla Phalla.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rend wrote: »
    -Mr. Defecation WAS Rend (Odd Day Seer, Village Special), OH FUCK BURNAGE IS EVIL

Hit pretty close to home here

<.<

Whoops.

My favorite part of this game was Roleblocking Orange Soda and fucking up AF's kill calculations.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Also, I think the last 3 games I have played I was evil with B:L. How am I supposed to kill him when he is on my team?

Great job on the infilration man. Also gotta give props to my mafia, except warban, you all kept REALLY active for 13 days.

edit: not to say I didn't like you on my team warban, just that you were the only innactive and I see your reasons, so no worries :P

Was kinda fun playing against the insane amount of permanent vig's that AF threw at us.
    Ok, AF, can you explain to me how they were "balanced", cause I'm not seeing it.

Also AoR, seriously man? We handed you a victory and you almost didn't take it. ALWAYS play to your win condition. That is the only thing that matters. But thanks for saving Darian, since I think he would have had to go otherwise.

Props to Shalmelo for keeping the haiku up all game. I was 90% you were a villager, but didn't want to kill you and have people look twice at my rainbows.

So how did that come off to you guys anyway? I had fun posting in rainbows and early game when it took me 5 to 15 minutes to write each post, it kept me from pulling my usually "post too much and get killed" which happens usually by about day 3 or 4 regardless of what side I am on.

I think this may be the first time I have survived a main.
    Longest I have survived in any game period (13 days).
    Most obscene use of rainbows.
    Also I don't know if I have survived a game as mafia even in a mini, but I'd have to check my spreadsheet on that.

Thanks for the game AF, it was a good homecoming. I may stick around for games from time to time, as I forgot how much I love phalla.

Orange Soda on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Maybe next time.

Pah. I didn't even get to be a fake cover name and I co-hosted the first Phalla Phalla.

Yeah, a lot of big old-school names didn't show up. You would've been a great evil name. XD

cheez on
    edited June 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    aegis, darian and possibly ebum are evil.
    sorry, i feel like you should have said that earlier beel.
    [chop]and now that theres a concentrated effort to push towards aegis, you are all of a sudden the network mouthpiece?

sorry "Never:Evil". i dont buy it.

(unfortunately, i bet enough people will. so i say good game to you sir.)
    conversely, you and thorgot are in league with each other. you become the 'network head' and learn about all the specials remaining in the game. it sounds like what aznman did (and won a phalla award for).

and theres no defense from it at this point.

gg.

edit2: and preying on the idea that the 'network will save us, they obviously have things under control' is classic B:eviL play.

Lol psolms, I was so unhappy when you reserved in the game. I was like crap, he is gonna see through our shannigans.

Orange Soda on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The tank and Eri vigs were assigned via RNG.

Meaning there was always a chance the mafia could have received either, or both.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited June 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I no longer have mine. However I did like the OS / B:L outlast each other minor win (speaking of which, shouldn't Alegis have died victorious? Unless they weren't mirrored)

Yeah, I too laughed really hard when I saw that. Well played AF :P

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    What did "-[Rosario]: This ability can only be used once. Sacrifice your ability to kill for a chance at something... else." do?

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    "You are Orange Soda!
    You’re the everyday vig? ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE YOU! ROLE CALLS ARE ENFORCED UPON DEATH! B:L MUST DIE!"

Awwww you remembered me from your first game

<3<3<3

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    What did "-[Rosario]: This ability can only be used once. Sacrifice your ability to kill for a chance at something... else." do?

Would've given the B:L role a different ability. Either a permanent vig, roleblock, seer, or busdriver..

adventfalls on
    edited June 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Damn, I got Day 1'd and adventfalls didn't give me a role? Harsh.

Grudges for everyone!

Grudges for some, miniature American flags for others!

cheez on
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah and I forgot the special shout out to LoserForHireX who watched us sink his ship when there was potentially a chance to still save you. I think you saved a lot of us in days 6-10 area.

Orange Soda on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Had funplaying this AF. I think maybe next game I might take intiative and not be a total noob sheep.

(Nah.)

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited June 2010
    I always consider B:L evil, even when he's "confirmed" good.

ME TOO!!!!! ESPECIALLY when he is confirmed good.

Orange Soda on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'd like to think I did all I could with my role, as I let Infidel and Phyphor both know that I was a miller, and I let Phyphor know pretty early on in the game. It kinda sucks being a miller, I now can certainly empathize with everyone in the past who was one. It's like "Hey, you, yeah, you, the player with this role? No one will ever trust you. Ever. Yay!" :(

Buzz Buzz on
    edited June 2010
    The tank and Eri vigs were assigned via RNG.

Meaning there was always a chance the mafia could have received either, or both.

OHHHHH cool. I just assumed that we couldn't get them. I'm okay with them then if it was equal opportunity for everyone to get them.

Orange Soda on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I always consider B:L evil, even when he's "confirmed" good.

ME TOO!!!!! ESPECIALLY when he is confirmed good.
    But that's just bad Game Theory, since B:L is Never Evil!

Burnage is the one that's evil, nyoro~n

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah and I forgot the special shout out to LoserForHireX who watched us sink his ship when there was potentially a chance to still save you. I think you saved a lot of us in days 6-10 area.

From my perspective, it was more about the network infiltration. There was a pretty severe case of sheeping in the last half of the game, so the corrupted network just kept naming bad targets day after day and people rolled with it.

Not that I can blame the network for getting compromised. Having a thrall with a village-colored kill is pretty much a game breaker.

cheez on
    edited June 2010
    Had funplaying this AF. I think maybe next game I might take intiative and not be a total noob sheep.

(Nah.)

Naw man, you were doing pretty well. I was just being over the top evil. I just got bolder each day I was alive. I was like fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk when I found out you were the guard cause I thought that would blow back on me. When it didn't I tried to vote you out a 4th time. >.>

Then when you died mid day... i thought for sure fiaryn was going to kill me for pushing so hard on a guard.

Orange Soda on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am really curious about something.

Few nights ago I was hit by femme fatale (the night that thorgot was voted out). I expected this to be followed up upon, and either be a prime vote target, being contacted by the vigilante, something.

But nothing happened whatsoever. The network even didn't talk about from what we could gleam.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    EXTERMATOTT

BAD NOT-AHAVA!!!

BAD!!!

you didn't get in touch with Infy at ALL!?!?!?

What the hell!?!?

You lose your right to claim femme fatale.

lonelyahava on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for hosting, advent.

That said, I'm sorry to say this was not a great effort. Very low on village specials does not make up for mafia having 4 specials, one of them a gamebreaker, even if mafia % was slightly on the low side. Speaking of the gamebreaker, thrall vig is pretty awful, getting narration confirmed that their kill is supposed to be a certain way. The issue with thinking 'Burnage vig? EVIL. FUCK WHAT HE'S SEERED AS' is that you had various other headscratching role decisions like B:L being a Half-Vig instead of a Guard or Reflection as a post restricter instead of someone out to screw his own faction, so we did not have high confidence in predicting what a given role was suppose to have.

Having to add a random chance vig mid-game? Poor form. Hell, mechanics aside, limited fluff on most roles in a Phalla Phalla? Also poor form.

As Reflection, yes I had the post/ava restriction. I initially targeted twins or anyone who was all using the same avatar in order to break things up, until Kay entered. I targeted him on Day 3 and I'm still frankly pissed that, in reaction, he decided it was cool to just NOT POST all day and eat a day of inactivity. ffffffffffff tolerant inactive policy. I targeted Soda on Day 4 and, quite frankly, if I hadn't died that night I would have pointed out that you failed the restriction at one point the next day and had you killed.

(And after I died, village went downhill. =p)

Also, various specials, you are terrible for either never contacting Infidel early or not even using your powers ever. Just terrible.

EDIT: Just wanted to say again, thanks for hosting advent. I did have fun while I was here.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited June 2010
    cheez wrote: »

From my perspective, it was more about the network infiltration. There was a pretty severe case of sheeping in the last half of the game, so the corrupted network just kept naming bad targets day after day and people rolled with it.

Not that I can blame the network for getting compromised. Having a thrall with a village-colored kill is pretty much a game breaker.

Even though B:L was seer'd around day 6, the info didn't really start flowing in right away. There was no proboard type thing going on for the village network (I think), so the infiltration only got us the seer that hit B:L and a guard.

It wasn't until the seer hit thorgot and "confirmed" b:l that we started getting more info.

REG, can you explain this to me though. I was being serious when I said that no one should contact you. Despite the fact taht b:l was on our team and a thrall (usually rare), he was at least confirmed, while you (even though you HAD been in with infy, were not confirmed at all to the village). Why anyone pm'd you that wasn't already aware of who you were was a mystery to me.

Orange Soda on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    cheez wrote: »

We never used the village-colored kill to our advantage. For all the network knew, I was just a villager.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So Toxic Toys's Spectrum role is ambiguous as to whether it's a greater chance of a clarification just once per game (your first clarification) or once per day.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Maybe next time.

Hey, you were my new-school mafia-cover buddy! That's pretty good, right?

You know, you, me, and Garret Dorigan need to form a noob group, because I keep getting thrown together with you guys.

And we are awesome.

daniant on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, pretty much the only reason the village had a faint chance was Infidel's resurrection.

cheez on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Maybe next time.

Hey, you were my new-school mafia-cover buddy! That's pretty good, right?

You know, you, me, and Garret Dorigan need to form a noob group, because I keep getting thrown together with you guys.

And we are awesome.

Ah, but PREGAME GROUPS ARE THE DEVIL!

THE DEVIL, I SAY!

...Maybe next time. We'll see.

Capfalcon on
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, I forgot a personal thank you to the RNG for putting me in yet another broken role/mafia. Never gotten to be a mafia roleblocker before. That was fun. I especially liked the time we kept T_R roleblocked FOR DAYS because one night he was guarded and we were like thinking the Mason reveal was a bluff. WHY WOULD YOU GUARD A MASON? Then when T_A revealed as the busdriver, we AGAIN thought it was a bluff to get the roleblock off T_R, who we were convinced was something like their seer.

Turns out it was just a bunch of incompetent specials that didn't contact infidel after he gave the village 3 mafia and a SK. Although it is rare for people to come back from the dead different (especially with all the clarifications that AF made about the reselection).... it was quite simply worth the risk. The village specials didn't work together nearly as well as they should have.

Also, AF, looking at TT's pm, I think it was your fault that the mech seer wasn't used more. To me it didn't read clearly as "mech seer" from first glance. I could see why he thought it was useless since it implied there was a chance for it to fail. That being said, a mech seer should have won this game for the village with a solid network, some rolecalling, creative questions, and the name seer.

Orange Soda on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If the vigilantes had been more coordinated they could have massacred us. Christ they killed so many people, of course you also lost 2 and had 1 roleblocked by day 2.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I put this in the Signup thread, but I'll put it here as well.

I am Thinking of running a newbie based miniphalla.

I am looking for anywhere from 1-3 cohosts.

This will be a mini, or even a series of mini's geared to helping teach new players the finer points of Phalla, as well as the finer points of fucking your friends over without actually losing friendship.

Any Vets who would be interested in helping me with this, please PM me.

Any newbies interested, just keep your eyes open onto the boards and the signup thread.

(Newbies being those who have under 3 games to their record)

lonelyahava on
    edited June 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    , if I hadn't died that night I would have pointed out that you failed the restriction at one point the next day and had you killed..

I did? Also the restriction only lasted for one day. i don't remember missing the fire bit.

Orange Soda on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, various specials, you are terrible for either never contacting Infidel early or not even using your powers ever. Just terrible.

EDIT: Just wanted to say again, thanks for hosting advent. I did have fun while I was here.

I DID get in contact with him, in my poor time constrained way and then he never ever got back to me :(

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    , if I hadn't died that night I would have pointed out that you failed the restriction at one point the next day and had you killed..

I did? Also the restriction only lasted for one day. i don't remember missing the fire bit.
    You did near the end of the day. You had a one line rainbow post and didn't mention being on fire.

If TT had been non-terrible and at least told Infidel that he had an ability instead of just being quiet, I could have directed questions to him and gotten some results.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited June 2010

You did near the end of the day. You had a one line rainbow post and didn't mention being on fire.

If TT had been non-terrible and at least told Infidel that he had an ability instead of just being quiet, I could have directed questions to him and gotten some results.

Lol, check this out from our proboard:

Day 1, my 2nd post on the board:

"We should divy up the cover roles now so no one claims the same one.

I'm trying to decide if I should stick with the post restriction once the game officially starts or not, but I think the main problem will be justifying why I am doing it.

It might make me look like spectrum (since he made up a post restriction), but I'm sure he'll be a role in here somewhere. (If I was a betting man I'd say special and mechanic seer)

God I hope there isn't a mech seer. "

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for hosting, advent.

Stuff.

Like I said before- not great game balance, hindered by the fact that clarifications kneecap'd the village. Thanks for hte constructive criticism tho

adventfalls on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was sort of suspicious that you pushed me so hard. But then I died mid-game and I didn't know if I could even put suspicions of players in my ghost post. I had my eye on you.

I COULD TELL BY YOUR SHIFTY UNICORN EYES!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906