As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Phalla All-Stars (Mafia Victory)

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was sort of suspicious that you pushed me so hard. But then I died mid-game and I didn't know if I could even put suspicions of players in my ghost post. I had my eye on you.
    You generally can't, no.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was sort of suspicious that you pushed me so hard. But then I died mid-game and I didn't know if I could even put suspicions of players in my ghost post. I had my eye on you.

I COULD TELL BY YOUR SHIFTY UNICORN EYES!

You did the right thing by withholding. Posting anything game-relevant in a ghost post is bad form.

cheez on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    cheez wrote: »

You did the right thing by withholding. Posting anything game-relevant in a ghost post is bad form.

Like, would get you grudged for TWO games from me. Which is something.

Capfalcon on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i think the first five days of this and the last eight days of this show that both sides played a complete game very well

this just happened to be the length of two complete games

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    YOU WERE WARNED.

Thanks for hosting Advent. :)

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

But I thought we were "We started in the same Phalla" buddies. That's just mean. I, I, I think I'm going to go cry. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I'm just trying to laugh away my sorrows.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AoR_Final wrote: »
    YOU WERE WARNED.
    You were terrible.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

But I thought we were "We started in the same Phalla" buddies. That's just mean. I, I, I think I'm going to go cry. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But you didn't! So all is well! Laugh with me, friend!

Capfalcon on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    , if I hadn't died that night I would have pointed out that you failed the restriction at one point the next day and had you killed..

I did? Also the restriction only lasted for one day. i don't remember missing the fire bit.
    You did near the end of the day. You had a one line rainbow post and didn't mention being on fire.

I made 8 posts that day.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15158154&postcount=3546
    "I'm motherfucking on fire right now."
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15158359&postcount=3551
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15161212&postcount=3659
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15161884&postcount=3680
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15162113&postcount=3687
    "Also, I appear to have spontaneously combusted and am now a raging inferno of flames..."
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15162139&postcount=3688
    "brb on fire, maybe i'll burn alive now"
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15165366&postcount=3726
    "In other news I'm on fire..." [pictures of me spinning fire] - post is edited, but I think that was because the pictures were too small the first time I put them in, not cause I forgot the fire, but it is possible and due to the time period between the edit, I don't think it would have gotten me killed.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=15165835&postcount=3733
    "You are both right about me being on fire"

The next post I made after that wasn't until about 10:20 the next night and after I clarified with AF that I wasn't still on fire in PM

Not that I needed to do that, but if I was supposed to die to your restriction and I didn't I would have felt bad about living so long. Looks like I'm fine

Orange Soda on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    YOU WERE WARNED.

I think it was perfect that you got your win on the last day, because the village was fucked regardless. Might as well hand a victory to somebody who still had a chance!

cheez on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

But I thought we were "We started in the same Phalla" buddies. That's just mean. I, I, I think I'm going to go cry.

But you didn't! So all is well! Laugh with me, friend!

It is too late Cappy. I am no longer of this world. Perhaps in the next life we can play a Phalla... For good times sake.

*Fades away*

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nice job to my evil mafia brethren. Next time, I'll try not to get myself foolishly killed. Thanks for running Adventfalls!

Teucrian on
    edited June 2010
    YOU WERE WARNED.

You almost didn't let us make you win.... I just really liked the idea of voting out the village idiot on the last day to win the game.

However I was weary because for some reason you survived to day 13 as the VI when you could have easily won for yourself.

Don't not play to your win condition!

Orange Soda on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    YOU WERE WARNED.
    You were terrible.

I know. :cry:

EDIT: And the whole reason I didn't change my condition was because I took a nap on Day One, and didn't wake up until after vote close. So I just went with it.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
    edited June 2010
    Teucrian wrote: »
    Nice job to my evil mafia brethren. Next time, I'll try not to get myself foolishly killed. Thanks for running Adventfalls!

You got unlucky more than anything else. Just remember the cardinal rule of being mafia. When you are in the forums, don't remember that you are mafia!

Whenever you think to hard about stuff, that is when you start sticking out.

Unless you play all game sticking out. Than you can act blatantly evil for like 6 days in a roll and marvel about why you haven't been vig'd.

I think we had the 40% busdriver targeted on me for most of the game, but it never triggered. On the last day we put the driver on aegis and guard on me since we had 2 people say they were going to kill me I think :P

<3 being a roleblocker. I just wish that T_R had been something more and that we had seen through infidel's super secret plans, but we just were thinking to hard about it.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Oh man I forgot what I wanted to ask someone... gotta dig that up...

Garrett:

"Garret in thread: "Yeah, I'll throw my vote on !Question mark face. That thing, that happened in the past few pages, blew my fucking mind."

Me on our proboard: "How does he know that ??? turns into a question mark face if he isn't on a proboard? "

<.< I was also really disappointed when that wasn't the case. That would have been epic if you fucked that up like that.

Orange Soda on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No proboards because I was trying to deal with shit one on one, because I didn't want to compromise shit thanks to thralls again.

LOL

Kept B:L mostly in the dark until people started telling him shit cause I disappeared.

Seems like people missed the lesson yet again. Not a special? DOESNT NEED TO KNOW.

I like how I got the Eri kill so I was like fuck it, gonna finally kill OS for faking a post restriction, tell B:L that and also "if you're the thrall then lolz" and surprise!

As I stated, at least I was gonna get the VI his win out of this crap. :P

I really wish I could have been active past last weekend, holy fuck, that was a week ago already that I haven't been able to really play. :( Still no computer either, guess that will be back tomorrow.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am glad that I lived to the end, even though I didn't make it to the end.

Also unlock mafia proboards!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Board's unlocked. Well played team. Shame I was gone before it happened. :(

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So when I made that post saying B:L and Ebfan are evil on day 2, I was right on both counts. Damn you vigs, why won't you ever listen to me?

Had fun playing this, thanks for running it AF.

Almost decided to guard myself on the night I died; I guess I should have.

edit: oh, I was roleblocked that night anyway. Damn you, mafia.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    No proboards because I was trying to deal with shit one on one, because I didn't want to compromise shit thanks to thralls again.

LOL

Kept B:L mostly in the dark until people started telling him shit cause I disappeared.

Seems like people missed the lesson yet again. Not a special? DOESNT NEED TO KNOW.

I like how I got the Eri kill so I was like fuck it, gonna finally kill OS for faking a post restriction, tell B:L that and also "if you're the thrall then lolz" and surprise!

As I stated, at least I was gonna get the VI his win out of this crap. :P

I really wish I could have been active past last weekend, holy fuck, that was a week ago already that I haven't been able to really play. :( Still no computer either, guess that will be back tomorrow.

Pretty much why you make a good network head. Unfortunately, if you don't make everyone feel like they are important they are dying for people to talk about suspicions to. As a seer, I know I fall into that problem. What happened was Mr. D seer'd B:L and then had someone he could discuss stuff with and someone to reveal the evil target he had seer'd.

I'm still tryin to decide the best way to function as a network head. On the one hand, keeping stuff more one on one is safer, but on the other (as illustrated in this game), if you can't see it through to the end or you die, than how does everyone else re-link with each other? You gotta trust someone somewhere or your network is weak and not operating to its full potential.

And glad the post restriction was that obvious, that was kinda what I was going for anyway and hoping that if I kept it up long enough, that people would wonder why I kept doing it. It was just too close to my avatar for it to have been in game. No one even called me out on it though, which i found strange. I had a couple things lined up to go to justify it or tangentially related it, but I never had to use it.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    So when I made that post saying B:L and Ebfan are evil on day 2, I was right on both counts. Damn you vigs, why won't you ever listen to me?

I don't remember, but I think we roleblocked you too.

... nope turns out you would have lived if you had done that:

"The problem is that Bliss is the guard today, and he'll be guarding Infidel. Today is the best day to hit Bliss.

I would rather mafia kill on Anonymous and Bliss, role block on Anonymous, guard on B:L, bus driver Aegis->Infidel, and Burnage kill on simonwolf."

Orange Soda on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mafia proboards were fun this game.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »
    Aw, I was so sad that I wasn't a role. :(

Maybe next time.

Hey, you were my new-school mafia-cover buddy! That's pretty good, right?

You know, you, me, and Garret Dorigan need to form a noob group, because I keep getting thrown together with you guys.

And we are awesome.

Ah, but PREGAME GROUPS ARE THE DEVIL!

THE DEVIL, I SAY!

...Maybe next time. We'll see.

Both of you expect PMs on day 0. :winky:

Garrett:

"Garret in thread: "Yeah, I'll throw my vote on !Question mark face. That thing, that happened in the past few pages, blew my fucking mind."

Me on our proboard: "How does he know that ??? turns into a question mark face if he isn't on a proboard? "

<.< I was also really disappointed when that wasn't the case. That would have been epic if you fucked that up like that.
    o_O

I am utterly confused by that follow up question... I'm guessing due to a lack of information? I was trying to be clever, because I think I was voting for The Anonymous (?) or someone with his avatar, and making a joke about the fact that, well, his avatar is a face with a question mark...

Overall, good game. I did a couple /facepalm reading things after I had died. I was pretty sure OS and Rivs were mafia, but meh, hindsight and all.

Thanks a lot AF! :D

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
    edited June 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Mafia proboards were fun this game.

Wait, aren't they always fun? I particularly liked accusing B:L of being Vlad and selling us out to the network.

Also: Posts: 259 -> maybe that is why I always have fun on proboards.

Orange Soda on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Garrett:

o_O

I am utterly confused by that follow up question... I'm guessing due to a lack of information? I was trying to be clever, because I think I was voting for The Anonymous (?) or someone with his avatar, and making a joke about the fact that, well, his avatar is a face with a question mark...

Overall, good game. I did a couple /facepalm reading things after I had died. I was pretty sure OS and Rivs were mafia, but meh, hindsight and all.

on proboards, ??? turns into huh.gif

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited June 2010

As I was saying, the thrall isn't that powerful when the network is on top of things, with security being ship-shape. You have to be a constantly active network head though, which has been a huge source of stress when I've been networking in previous phallas. :P

The green kill though could've been dangerous, had it not been Burnage/Vlad. Still, it required prior game knowledge to figure that one out, aside from a useful mechanics seer *cough cough*.

edited June 2010

I thought your vote was for ???

On proboards if you typed out ??? it turned into 87171ee0637be9fbfad254c.png flashing to d4990ba557ad4949f0767fb.png

I had assumed that it was possible that on the network proboards that I thought existed, that you were referring to kay as "question mark face"

Like I said. I just wanted to kill you on the off chance that that slip up was legit. It wasn't though, but w.e. It was still hilarious.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010

I don't remember, but I think we roleblocked you too.

... nope turns out you would have lived if you had done that:

"The problem is that Bliss is the guard today, and he'll be guarding Infidel. Today is the best day to hit Bliss.

I would rather mafia kill on Anonymous and Bliss, role block on Anonymous, guard on B:L, bus driver Aegis->Infidel, and Burnage kill on simonwolf."

D:

And IIRC I personally let B:L know I was a guard too. D:

At that point I assumed there'd be no millers or thralls and assumed "unpopular mechanics" referred to stuff like resurrection, self-guarding guardians etc. Oh well.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited June 2010
    At that point I assumed there'd be no millers or thralls and assumed "unpopular mechanics" referred to stuff like resurrection, self-guarding guardians etc. Oh well.
    No, when they mention "unpopular mechanics", ALWAYS assume conversion.

Then act accordingly as if conversions are in play. Amusingly, the tactics are absolutely similar in dealing with thralls.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

As I was saying, the thrall isn't that powerful when the network is on top of things, with security being ship-shape. You have to be a constantly active network head though, which has been a huge source of stress when I've been networking in previous phallas. :P

The green kill though could've been dangerous, had it not been Burnage/Vlad. Still, it required prior game knowledge to figure that one out, aside from a useful mechanics seer *cough cough*.

I was pretty suspicious the network was compromised and talked about it with Egos for a while. But I was thinking it was the resurrected Infidel and was considering blowing a seering on him. I'm glad I was half right at least.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited June 2010
    Always assume "unpopular mechanics" includes EVERY bad role... and it did lol.

Resurrections, thralls, millers, conversions, unblockable kills, village idiots, vote manipulation, vote immunity, regenerating vig's, and a brand new unpopular mechanic "mafia with access to a kill that is green in the narration".

I'm not really sure that AF missed ANY unpopular mechanics except GOD roles, of which Rainfall's could have been close if her kill didn't miss or something.

What was the deal with rainfall claimed missed unblockable kills or w.e.? Or was she lying about that.... now i forget.

edit: oh yeah forgot self guarding guards.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    I was pretty suspicious the network was compromised and talked about it with Egos for a while. But I was thinking it was the resurrected Infidel and was considering blowing a seering on him. I'm glad I was half right at least.
    What day? As you see on the mafia proboards, I wasn't even IN the network until very late end-game.

The vigs did all the self-destruction by themselves. :P

• Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I thought your vote was for ???

On proboards if you typed out ??? it turned into 87171ee0637be9fbfad254c.png flashing to d4990ba557ad4949f0767fb.png

I had assumed that it was possible that on the network proboards that I thought existed, that you were referring to kay as "question mark face"

Like I said. I just wanted to kill you on the off chance that that slip up was legit. It wasn't though, but w.e. It was still hilarious.

Oh, christ, I didn't look that deep into it. I blame lack of sleep.

Ha, that's funny. If I'd have made a slip up that was that transparent I'd probably never play Phalla again. :lol:

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
    edited June 2010
    I love how everyone called burnage "badvig" without realizing that he was a "bad vig"

That made me chuckle on several occasions. Or just the general hilarious aim of the vig's that were not us.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    What day? As you see on the mafia proboards, I wasn't even IN the network until very late end-game.

The vigs did all the self-destruction by themselves. :P

I forget exactly when (I deleted the PMs, Egos might have them) but day eight or nine?

enlightenedbum on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I guess. I just read too much into the "host PMs are always truthful" rule (because what else could it mean than no millers or thralls?), and the fact that games with conversions have explicitly warned about it lately - given that "unpopular" is a bit of an understatement when it comes to conversions.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Hell, village vigs were the Mafia mvp.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
    edited June 2010
    Also, I do wish this game was more the everyone is a special with post restrictions/powers kind of meta game.

I posted a Thetheroo role while I was in the game. But B:L's is easy too.
    You are... B:L!

Every day you must insist that you're never evil. PM me at least one post in which you do this.

If you do so convincingly enough, or repeatedly enough, you will seer as not evil B:L.

The other members of the mafia are...

enlightenedbum on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I guess. I just read too much into the "host PMs are always truthful" rule (because what else could it mean than no millers or thralls?), and the fact that games with conversions have explicitly warned about it lately - given that "unpopular" is a bit of an understatement when it comes to conversions.

I think conversions are fun for the occasional "fuck you game" that keeps everyone on their toes.

Best part about this game? People will have serious trust issues until the next network infiltration fiasco. <3 it!

Orange Soda on