As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm planning on playing on Volkmar as Destruction, seemed to have a decent population from the site I checked out. Plus it has the best Oceanic population it seems, which is good since my buddy is an Aussie.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Positive note, via a ton of PvP ended up hitting 39/36 tonight.

Got into another Altdorf city siege.. and for some reason my frame rate still dies faster than I do randomly. I'd like to say it's when loot pops up... but I dunno. The third stage of the city siege wasn't too bad, though...

..except for the part when I got called up as a Champion. :mrgreen: That was a bit of a rush...even if I was the first one to die. Tried to play it back a bit, but something kept on yanking me out to the middle.

Marauder's: GET OVER HERE!

Arthil on
  • Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seriously though, I'm on my 10 free days to be back, and I want to roll with some people. Where do I go?

Ziac, I'm up for it.

I think someone that posted earlier is actually still Guild Leader for The Six Mouths and is still playing. If people could just join that one again it would work.

Arthil wrote: »
    I'm planning on playing on Volkmar as Destruction, seemed to have a decent population from the site I checked out. Plus it has the best Oceanic population it seems, which is good since my buddy is an Aussie.

Or if people want to head to Volkmar, I am not opposed to re rolling.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Godamnit you people.

Making me want to try this again.

I thought once bitten twice shy was a thing.

How are witch hunters?

Oats on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oats wrote: »
    Godamnit you people.

Making me want to try this again.

I thought once bitten twice shy was a thing.

How are witch hunters?

A pair of witch hunters regularly rape stragglers in T4, they are the ambiguously gay duo. My alts get jacked by them too, damn high dps. Don't forget to ask dudes for referrals to resub. :P

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm really digging some of the changes. The interface+GCD feels a lot less clunky now - I can safely spam a button without worrying about something fucking up.

And yeah, AP change is big. First time I ran out of AP while smacking a door I was like "what the FUCK."

You really do have to choose your moves with a bit more care.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Next question(s).

Is there anything to do between 30 and 40?

Is it obvious immediately if you've been stunned or what-have-you? Like, does it not take four seconds to show up?

Oats on
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How are DoKs these days?

I stopped playing about 4 months in and really wanted to like my DoK but it was starting to get painful 35+

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    When I come back I'm going to be joining up with schism. Love running with those guys. Great memories.

They play like I always wanted to. Organised RvR on vent with plans...and they prefer to use tactics.

Great times using distraction tactics to manage to cap a bo so order had to wait to lock down a zone. It was just schism in reikland, the rest of destro were off somewhere doing something.
    Order were close to locking down the whole of reikland but didn't have anyone stationed at any of the bo's.
    We ended up sending a squad or so each to three different bo's spread out in reikland while the main force waited at the furtherest bo away. We capped them all at the same time, then most of us retreated to the furtherest bo since it'd be the most likely to hold out against the horde. We only wanted to cap a single bo since if we managed to do that, we'd hold them back for another 30 minutes since it took 15 minutes until they would be able to cap it back + another 15 minutes until their switch gave them the points they needed.
    Being a fully defensive specced tank, I immediately recognised my usefulness in the whole buying time thing, and went to serve as a distraction for any of our guys fleeing the first bo to be hit.

Our meleers at that bo died, but some of the ranged did a fade before they could be caught and I grabbed the attention of the mob and held on long enough for our guys to get enough distance that they wouldn't be caught. After I spawned at the camp, I headed back down to the main bo we wanted to take and took up position. The order zerg decided that focus fire is the best way to handle spread out enemies, as per normal, and so they all waited at the first bo until it was turned to them only then moving to the next one down and again waiting there.
    So we only had around two minutes left to go on our timer when they finally started streaming in to our last bo.

It was like something out of lotr. Epic final last stand. We knew we were going down, but we were gonna hold out for just those two minutes.
    The initial stragglers were easily taken out and I did my duty as shield wall tank and guard bot for one of our healers, + disrupting what enemies I could. I used my abilities like a madman, darted behind cover, group taunted the whole mess repeatedly to mess with their dps, punted guys who snuck up on our healers away and so on.
    One little sneaky mage guy tried to come around the side of us at one point near the start and I smunched on him good. Teach him right for thinking he's good without healers to hold his hand.
    Amazingly we held on with few losses right up until the last 30 seconds or so, when their main group reinforced them and a bw bomb mage came in from the side. I tried to punt him away ( he parried) and switched to anti magic stuff. Even though I was able to avoid damage pretty well, our healers were overwhelmed and people started dropping.
    Eventually it was just me and two others, and I popped my shield wall and maneouvered so that my back wasn't exposed while sticking near the flag. I also triggered my damage aura, since some of the order were trying to cap the flag already and Iwasn't having none of that while I'm alive.
    They kind of ignored me for a little while after my morale 2 died out (as in there were still people trying to kill me but most of the guys near the flag were trying to cap it and didn't immediately work out why it wasn't working, ie my aura)
    When they did, I managed to get my parry upper off and sat there with 50% parry + triggered the anti magic shield ability and held out for just a couple more seconds until I finally popped. For some reason, there was another guy alive too, and he went down after me which was amazing since I think it was a marauder?
    There was like 3 seconds to go when he went down.
    They didn't cap it in time. It switched to us.
    We were all dead.
    And they had lost.

Can't wait to get back to this game.

I understand bo's work differently nowadays and are recappable earlier, but this happened right when everybody was dooming and glooming about how crap all the rvr was and how there wasn't any to be had and you were always outgunned and there was nothing you could do. Some of the best pvp I ever had happened right at the "lowest point".

Sure it was only 30 minutes, but it was 30 minutes very late at night for them so they were going to lose people to a loss like that. Which ended up happening.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seriously though, I'm on my 10 free days to be back, and I want to roll with some people. Where do I go?

Ziac, I'm up for it.

Iron rock seems to be a popular server.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sure as hell isn't if you don't happen to have Americanish time zones. Admittedly the website only lists 40's but it gave me a decent idea of what's what.

So if any of you Aussies or other non-Americans or night owls want to come back, Volkmar looks like a decent choice unless someone can attest to otherwise?

Arthil on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So got my Magus up to 20/rr 19 tonight doing mostly open rvr. I am working on my last gold and a half for my mount disc. I needs speed! But we were attacking Marden's Keep or whatever its called Ostland and Order had a damn huge defense, dual cannons on the towers, about a full wb. We had a full wb+1 group or so, had taken all the B.O. STK. So this was there last bastion. It was an epic seige, we had 3 hellfire cannons up and ram. They had oil and two cannons. The door went and I went up and hit them with all my aoe dots(3 of them) and starting tentacling to try to break in. Instead of dieing all the sudden there is this scroll of renown, influence and exp going up my screen. 10 order dropped dead from my aoe dots+pbaoe+allies beating all the same exact moment. It felt good. We ended up taking the keep and flipping the zone. I am damn close to influence there and almost done with greenskins as well. I want my damn purple staff before I move on to t3.

Also played my blork today after grabbing his gold which he made back plus some while I played him. Between alchemy, butchering and scs he gets tons of money. I also on the walls of elkrond or whatever took the normal order flag with just me and a zealot. We fucking cleared out 5 order by ourselves. I was a beast of orkiness. Oh names

Iron Rock:
    Frineen magus 20/19 <chaotic>
    Gibgrobba blork 11/10

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I loved my magus in t2 and t3, just wish I still did in t4.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Huh.

Straightened out my frame-rate issues.

Was running it full-screen at 1380xsomething or other, whatever it was defaulting to, and I noticed that it wasn't filling the whole screen. So I set it to one of the native resolutions of the monitor (1680x1050), and it runs like butter now. o_O

Also just did a incredibly failboat IC attack. Holy crap, does it suck trying to take on Destro that has about 3x the healers and meatshields, and some really good Sorcs.

Oh, and about double the players, since about half the players left during stage 1. D:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    re-subbing to this on friday. I guess iron rock is the go to server?

Also is anyone in an active guild? I've only done solo or rvr, a guild would be nice.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I want to resub myself, but my 18 squig herder is on Badlands and I don't have a free transfer for him...

If we can decide on one server to go to I'll just reroll. Unless we go to Badlands for destro. /winkwink

Videotape on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah deciding firmly on a server would be wise, and a side. Personally I've got Order on Gorfang, Destro on Iron Rock and am gonna play Destro on Volkmar too.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I Personally say we hit up Iron Rock Destro, and Badlands Order. That way if anyone else who used to play comes back they can just hit up their old characters.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Like me! I'm already hitting up old characters!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will be playing destro on iron rock.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I already have Destro on Volkmar, so if anyone's rolling there, I'd be more then willing to join up.

I won't be on all to much though.

I'll be busy pounding on Morninglord in T4 until his warband get's annoyed with me and I die a horrible pain related death.

Transporter on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Maybe

Maybe I can try this again. I was thrown a pass, but didn't log in much. We'll see how I feel later tonight.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Badlands seems to be the most populated server. S'where I'm camping out.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm hanging there on order side. Once the servers come back up (Or sometime today) I am gonna log onto my character in The Six Mouths and see if I can invite people If so Ill hit everyone on Iron Rock Destro up with an invite.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    I see AP drains hurting a LOT more now.

That is a fantastic point, actually.

I wonder how good sac spec is now, doks get a fantastic skill as their highest normal activation ability.
    It gives them something like 30 or 40 special dok heal juice + drains around 40 or 50 ap from the enemy and gives you more awesome heal juice based on how much you just drained. That + their tactic to drain ap from their anti strength would mean versus a meleer attacking them they could take a massive chunk out of the enemies ap and cut their dps down to almost nothing with two attacks.

Whereas nobody has an anti-dok heal juice ability. :)

I got ideas going through my head now. Just over one more week until I can sign up.

Yeah, being out of AP now is pretty bad for a DPS. You pretty much can't do anything for a couple seconds, then can use one ability, then have to wait again. Ditto on healers.

What I'm curious about is how effective the AP drain-over-times are now. Like, if you get someone to sperg all their AP and them Arm Breaka' (Black Orc) them, are they pretty much totally hosed?

Dac on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    god if only they'd remove tier3

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    god if only they'd remove tier3
    T3 was actually a lot of fun when people actually played.

Other than Tor Arnoc of course.

Malkor on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    T3 was slow, but had its moments. T4 was just poop from the butt throughout, even after hitting the top of the bracket.

Glal on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, hey, almost forgot I had one of these sitting in my bags, waiting for the day I had the rank to use it. Got it back in one of the old city sieges, I think. :mrgreen:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I let my account lapse, which should mean Guild Leadership of the Mouths on Iron Rock is "floating" or up for grabs. There's plenty of guild resources for the taking there if you guys are playing!

I miss WAR, but it's just too low on the priority list right now. I do hope they get to an expansion someday; skaven would bring me back in a moment (especially if they'd have a class I enjoy more than most of the existing ones).

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hope this game proves to be a good distraction from the fact that the 40k MMO is going to take forever to come out.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If anyone wishes to help me resub for all the goodies they shall get, lemme know. I've been playing DDO for months and need some PvP to wreck shop in.

PS This has NOTHING to do with all the news for the 40K MMO coming out

PPS NOTHING AT ALL

PPPS Ok, it has everything to do with it :p

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna log in tonight, see how I likes things.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oRvR is pretty much exactly like I remember it.

Still seems biased toward pbAoE and anything not melee in general. We'll see how I feel at the end of the month.

Malkor on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Had a great moment today playing Gib my blork in a Nordanwatch pop.

So as usual the group runs up to the fortress where the first big battle is going to happen. We have a couple shammies and the usual mix and run into the mass of order. Well nothing strange here other than I was in front hoping to draw fire since I am a tank with a shield and I can live a long time.

Well I succeed beyond all imagination. Order decides to focus on me and all our healers just keep me up. 3 minutes pass, order is dead all of destruction is up and I never died once to all the fire power. My healers never got hit. It was like tanking a pve enconter.

This pretty much continues for the rest of the match as we smash Order 500 to like 100 or something and I ended up with 48 kills and 7 killing blows on my Blork with out a death.

I love tanking in pvp. :)

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    If anyone wishes to help me resub for all the goodies they shall get, lemme know. I've been playing DDO for months and need some PvP to wreck shop in.

PS This has NOTHING to do with all the news for the 40K MMO coming out

PPS NOTHING AT ALL

PPPS Ok, it has everything to do with it :p

Looking at the recruit a friend option theres no way to recall an existing account. You might still have the call to arms thing in your email if you do it is still valid.

Edit: Also logged on to the Six Mouths today, I am just a goat so I have no way of inviting anybody but people have been on recently that have a high enough rank to run the thing. Hopefully one of 'em will pop up in the thread soon.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    On the Call to Arms thing, this is the link: https://accounts.eamythic.com/war/reactivate

I logged in and it said I was eligible for a free 10 days. Guess I'll give this a try again, see if it really has changed at all.

Of course as soon as I reactivate I'll hit T3 and stop having a good time no matter what.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I already have Destro on Volkmar, so if anyone's rolling there, I'd be more then willing to join up.

I won't be on all to much though.

I'll be busy pounding on Morninglord in T4 until his warband get's annoyed with me and I die a horrible pain related death.

That'll be easy on my dok since he'll still be only 36 when I transfer him over.

Also on my chosen since his rr is terrible so he has crap gear.

Although if you decide to pound on my chosen I wont mind too much because hey that's my job! ;)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    1.3.6 "In development" stuff. Look, Magus stuff.
    To kick off patch 1.3.6's "In Development" posts, we'd like to discuss a few of the changes that we're currently planning to put into the upcoming version. You may already have seen a sneak-peek of some of these changes in Carrie's recent Producer's Letter, and we're now going to further discuss some of the upcoming changes for the Runepriest, Zealot, and Magus careers. We'll be paying close attention to your constructive feedback and civil discussions.

Runepriests & Zealots:
    One of our long-time concerns regarding the Runepriest and Zealot careers is that they ultimately become more limited than other Healer-archetype careers. This is because the other healing careers have their Mastery paths sorted by role - people who play those careers make a decision about the role they want to play, then specialize in the corresponding Mastery path and gear up appropriately. Runepriests and Zealot, however, have their Mastery paths sorted by delivery vehicle ("direct", "over time", and "area", essentially) and then have both offensive and defensive abilities together in each Mastery. Since there's obviously no such thing as "gearing for direct", though, Runepriests and Zealots then have to decide again whether they want to be offensive or defensive and then gear appropriately - the net result being that even within their chosen Mastery, half of their abilities are ineffective.

We want to maintain the general setup of the Runepriest and Zealot Mastery paths, but we also want to address this issue. In order to do both of these, we will be adding a new ability to the Runepriest, and changing the functionality of Harbinger of Doom for the Zealot. All Runepriests will now start with an ability named Rune of Breaking, which can be toggled on and off:

While toggled off, the Runepriest is affected by the Rune of Balance. This causes all Intelligence, Magic Power, and Magic Crit stats on items to be negated, and instead converted into Willpower, Healing Power, and Healing Crit bonuses. We're currently planning on these stats converting at a 2:1 ratio - in other words, a total of +100 Intelligence from gear would instead be turned into +50 Willpower while this ability is toggled off.
    While toggled on, the Runepriest is affected by the Rune of Breaking. This works the same way but in the opposite direction: Willpower, Healing Power, and Healing Crit stats on gear are negated and instead converted into Intelligence, Magic Power, and Magic Crit, also at a 2:1 ratio.
    Rune of Breaking may be toggled on and then back off at any time; doing so is instant and costs no Action Points. However, once it is toggled off, there is a 30 second cooldown before it may be toggled back on again.

For Zealots, Harbinger of Doom will be changed to provide this same functionality. It will become a starting abilities, and can be toggled on or off. While toggled off, the Zealot is the Harbinger of Change (and has the same offensive gear stats converted into the same healing stats), and while toggled on, the Zealot is the Harbinger of Doom (and likewise, has healing gear stats converted into offensive stats). Additionally, all of the Zealot's tactics which currently affect Harbinger of Doom will be redesigned to be appropriate for this new system, and the Runepriest will also gain some tactics which affect Rune of Breaking as well.

Magus:
    The Magus has several improvements and adjustments to look forward to in patch 1.3.6. These include:

The Pink Horror's "Daemonic Fire" ability will now also reduce the victim's Elemental Resistance (similar to the Engineer's Gun Turret reducing the victim's Armor).
    Perils of the Warp has been redesigned. It will now damage the target and Disarm them, similar to the Engineer's Crack Shot.
    Aegis of Orange Fire will now trigger from any attack, not just melee attacks, with a 25% chance. Its damage is increased, and the effectiveness of its Wounds buff has been doubled.
    Indigo Fire of Change will no longer summon a daemon. Instead, if the victim dies while Indigo Fire of Change is affecting them, the Magus will regain Indigo Fire's full Action Point cost over 6 seconds.
    Strengthen Thrall's effectiveness has been greatly increased.
    In addition to its current effects, Chaotic Attunement will now also make Resummon no longer cost any Action Points.

________
    Nate Levy
    Lead Designer
    Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay. I'm going to come back, seeing as the first 10 days will be free and all.

I'll have to hook up with the other player(s?) from Australia as well.

Fun fact, apparently I have two level 38 zealots. Although one has a significantly higher RR then the other. While I am a self confessed altoholic that seems a little excessive even for me, though i can vaguely recall the logic behind it.

Anyways i can't wait to play my crazy cult worshiper dressed in dead birds again. If there is one thing war did right, it's the character armor.

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock