As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Phalla All-Stars (Mafia Victory)

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    I was pretty suspicious the network was compromised and talked about it with Egos for a while. But I was thinking it was the resurrected Infidel and was considering blowing a seering on him. I'm glad I was half right at least.
    What day? As you see on the mafia proboards, I wasn't even IN the network until very late end-game.

The vigs did all the self-destruction by themselves. :P

I forget exactly when (I deleted the PMs, Egos might have them) but day eight or nine?
    That was well before any real infiltration took place. :lol:

As for ebum's evil role, that's terrible. B:L is Never Evil! You should try kime instead, he's always evil.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was pretty suspicious the network was compromised and talked about it with Egos for a while. But I was thinking it was the resurrected Infidel and was considering blowing a seering on him. I'm glad I was half right at least.
    What day? As you see on the mafia proboards, I wasn't even IN the network until very late end-game.

The vigs did all the self-destruction by themselves. :P

I forget exactly when (I deleted the PMs, Egos might have them) but day eight or nine?
    That was well before any real infiltration took place. :lol:

As for ebum's evil role, that's terrible. B:L is Never Evil! You should try kime instead, he's always evil.

kime would be a village idiot role that didn't actually win for getting voted out.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "But it's boring not being compromised" is a horrible excuse.

Another example game of why people should just fucking learn the lesson. :P

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS.

I got a bit busy but was coordinating shit up until people figured contacting thralls was good and then I wasn't needed anymore. :^: And then my computer has been out of commission.

When I finally got a kill I was like "gonna make good on that OS kill finally" so yay. Didn't go through of course. :D

Read the mafia boards and I'm glad I won the guard chicken game the only time I played. (Bliss guarding himself the night he was attacked.)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh right, I seered OS the day I died. :(

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh.

Forgot to do this in the ghost post. One last time:

ledifnI

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited June 2010
    My computer isn't running so neither is the script.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    When I finally got a kill I was like "gonna make good on that OS kill finally" so yay. Didn't go through of course. :D

Read the mafia boards and I'm glad I won the guard chicken game the only time I played. (Bliss guarding himself the night he was attacked.)
    Totally gave you OS had you directed the kills a little bit. :P

And that was less a game of guard chicken and more "WTF SELF-GUARDING GUARDS!? ADVENTFAAAIIIILLLSSS!!!" :x

edited June 2010
    Jesus christ, this is post #334 for me.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

Totally gave you OS had you directed the kills a little bit. :P

And that was less a game of guard chicken and more "WTF SELF-GUARDING GUARDS!? ADVENTFAAAIIIILLLSSS!!!" :x

Pffffft, even if you were actually trying to get OS killed cause lolgametheory we already wanted him dead for the rainbow (me and Spectrum) but I wasn't calling kills, just averting specials killing specials if possible.

And yes the self-guarding guards were lol. "Wait, you can guard yourself? Fucking do that then. :^:"

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yay! I won!

(I just wanted a triplethreat Persona 3 avatar chain)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Samurai6966 WAS Nocturne

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Actually this looked like a blast. I happened to be taking a break or I would have joined in.

Nocturne on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, I do wish this game was more the everyone is a special with post restrictions/powers kind of meta game.

I posted a Thetheroo role while I was in the game. But B:L's is easy too.
    You are... B:L!

Every day you must insist that you're never evil. PM me at least one post in which you do this.

If you do so convincingly enough, or repeatedly enough, you will seer as not evil B:L.

The other members of the mafia are...

I was kinda sad that I didn't know enough about The_Anonymous to do him well, hence my taking on a new persona each day until I had to reveal. Though I found it amusing to try to get him involved in a big quote tree with me a couple of times.

Sorry for getting 'you' killed, T_A! And sorry to jdarksun for my role getting him Day 1'ed. :P

Thanks for hosting, adventfalls.

Wildcat on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bl pretty much had me working for him :(

M.D. on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had the easiest win condition.

Dunadan019 on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There was nothing wrong with my targets. They just happened not to be mafia.
    Still I had my good reasons for each of them (even if it was trying to create leads like with frostmist), some acting blatantly retarded.
    I regret nothing
    . Certainly I'm not to blame for two terrible vig runs.
    Burnage wrote: »
    A vigilante thrall with kills that appear village-aligned, in a game where for the first ten days the OP made it appear that there was no possibility of thralls or millers, is absolutely horrible
    The following people achieved a minor victory:
    -Alegis, for outlasting Phyphor

The first few days I couldn't make my mind up between killing phyphor who revealed as OS in the thread or simply hope mafia would do it in my place. At least that worked out.

Was most suspicious of Aegis, but I was told to call the kill off after thorgot jumped on Aegis when he had the vote on himself. Grmbl.

Alegis on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    A vigilante thrall with kills that appear village-aligned, in a game where for the first ten days the OP made it appear that there was no possibility of thralls or millers, is absolutely horrible

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AF, thanks for running.

Neurotika on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I'm guessing that ideally we seers were supposed to get together and combine knowledge since we had litttle pieces of knowledge that were wholly worthless as pieces.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thrall Vig

Why would you do that

Gumpy on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm kinda curious why I had an alt...

but I'm gonna guess artistic liscense.

Dunadan019 on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with my targets. They just happened not to be mafia.
    Still I had my good reasons for each of them (even if it was trying to create leads like with frostmist), some acting blatantly retarded.
    I regret nothing
    . Certainly I'm not to blame for two terrible vig runs.

*cough*

romanqwerty on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There was a strategy involved in picking you but I forgot which.
    edit: oh right, day1 - payback for killing me in Avatar.

as for [Rosario] I couldn't get confirmed if the replacement (if any ... 'chance for') was not shit (another odd-day something but worse than vig) so of course I didn't take the risk.

Alegis on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also stop giving the mafia roleblocks hosts

Boooo hiss

Gumpy on
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The game really did start right as I began my new job with the hour and a half commute. It's entirely a coincidence that 'posts that looked like they came from a mafia' really did come from a mafia. (I think this was my first mafia role, too! Oh well, I got a psothumous victory, way to go mafia peeps.)

ronrab on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What was the deal with rainfall claimed missed unblockable kills or w.e.? Or was she lying about that.... now i forget.

I know one of the kills didn't go off due to her targeting Ahava day 1, under which Ahava basically had an uber-Day 1 guard.

Other than that, memory fails me. I think she didn't send in a kill one day.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »

Boooo hiss

The Anonymous on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thrall vig thing was ugh

also I shoulda guess B:L was the thrall with some things he said to me

I'd be like dude i'm in contact with a vig and he'd be like who blah blah?

like how did you get that name so fast then he would say infidel told him.

Or how he kinda directed my seerings / vigs I was in contact with

also how everyone in my network but him died :(

But I blamed it on teh dumb "village" aligned burnage

M.D. on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have some major issues with this game but they've already been covered. Thanks adventfalls for running the game, and you definitely deserve major props for owning up to some of the places you went wrong.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    How in hell did OS last so damn long? I was suspicious of him on day 2, and by day 3 he was going to be my next target, before the mafia took me out. Just the rainbow text alone was enough reason to get rid of him, but he was shady as hell to boot. :D

Shushnik on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for hosting AF! I had a lot of fun in this Phalla. Although that wasn't so much from the game itself as it was the general goofing around in the game. Those first few days were some of the most fun I've had in a Phalla. Honestly, regardless of the outcome I just really enjoyed being in this game and was really bummed when I died.

I wish I could take more credit in the victory but I'm not great at being mafia so I let other people do the scheming for me. It was definitely fun watching them do their work, though. Also, this is my third straight win in a main, which is definitely a record for me.

Ebfan on
  • LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    man

i didn't even get to play this game!

this was sort of a disappointment :(

i'm guessing that i was acting all "under-the-radar" and like a special? i'm traveling overseas right now and it looked interesting... but i think i am going back to phalla hiatus :(

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »
    How in hell did OS last so damn long?

You fucking got me, when we seered thorgot I basically pointed out OS had the same pattern.

Egos on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Personally, I feel that if the mafia get to be specials, each should be one or another, not both, especially not a thrall and a vig. Not that I have grounds to complain. :P

Still a fun game, even if I couldn't really follow it after dying day 1 Rainfall.

(Not really her fault, but she'll do as a scapegoat.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Actually, it was Darian/Daius that got you voted out, in the end - the new mason mechanic showed up in the very first vote.

Darian on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I figured as much, but my duel with Rainfall started it. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ugh, can't be so pissy. I played poorly at the end thinking Infidel did a data dump to B:L.

Also: why did I say B:L was fine, I remember our PM conversation on Day 1 ending in a 'well, you could still be mafia so, meh.'

Hurf Rysk is Durf

REG Rysk on
    edited June 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »

Boooo hiss
    So you would prefer that idiotic epic reveals and self-guarding guards go unpunished? Gotcha.

And the thrall vig wasn't really abused, sheesh. The network thought that I was DevoutlyApathetic, that's why I was acting high and mighty and calling everyone idiots while being completely wrong.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I HAD FUN THOUGH, SO THERE'S ALWAYS THAT.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited June 2010
    someone-talked.jpg

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That is an awesome image Infidel.

Thanks for running AF. Hope you recover from Phalla Phalla plague quickly.
    I warned you.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish