As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Was anything stolen? Bad stories?

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
I wasnt there, so I'm curious how that panned out.

I know last year some things went missing from the console room?

Deusfaux on

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Khoo wrote:
    You guys were awesome. There were no fights, no equipment stolen, no disorder... PAX went as smooth as it could have possibly gone, and I wanted to thank everyone for it.

Lux on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I, uh, locked my keys in my truck at Jack in the Box?

GeeCee on
  • martianvikingmartianviking Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    At the end of the "classic console" gaming in the Doubletree ballroom on Friday, there were people actively searching around making sure that we didn't lose anything. Everyone seemed very cool.

I'm sure there were some dicks there that would have loved to snatch some stuff. I just didn't meet them.

martianviking on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2005
    Leaving Bellevue my car's engine siezed up & is now completely useless. But nothing was stolen.

Unknown User on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    We left a laptop in the parking lot of the Red Lion.

It was found and is in the process of being returned.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    My friend left his camera in the freeplay room and it disappeared. At last word the lost & found table had three digicams but none of them were his. Very rude to steal from poor college students :(

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    on the first day i lost my iRiver.... but some nice and awsome person turned it in to lost and found!

Yay that person!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I left my camera next to my computer, and it was only out of my and my friend's sight for less than 10 minutes before it was gone. Thankfully, it got returned to lost and found 2 hours later. I was freaking the fuck out because I borrowed that camera from work, and it's a fairly expensive camera.

My swag bag though, I never got back. I was pissed off about that one because it had the DDO key I got earlier in there...so I thought. Turns out I had put that one in my other bag, with the PAX '05 t-shirt and Year One book. For some reason, that bag wasn't taken, but the the one full of free stuff was...

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • FallFall Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    BYOC room had a mouse and BF2 CD stolen, and someone stole four unopened Bawls (or thought they were garbage and threw em out) that were on the table I was seated at between Friday and Saturday.

Fall on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    did graziurs post just vanish? and yes my heart was stolen :D

I knew I shoulda put a password on that thing!

Shade on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2005
    Heh heh heh. I am a cunning linguist.

graizur on
  • SlignotSlignot Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Well, I know someone who has the dubious honor of being the first person taken away from PAX in an ambulence. (We got to wait around in the Emergency room to be told he didn't have a brain tumor.)

But the response of staff, the Enforcers (Mike Olsen, Amber the Enforcer and Mike Fehlauer in particular) made up for all of it. Geeks make the nicest people ever.

Slignot on
    5535a6a4.png
  • GodOfCheeseGodOfCheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Happy to say that I loaned out at least three books during the D&D Duels to people I'd never met, and all of them were returned intact.
    Geeks make the nicest people ever.

Totally.

GodOfCheese on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text <3 Moe
    Behold the power of cheese.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2005
    We had some kids running around the Doubletree with a whole ton of nerf guns...I got some complaints seeming to be the ONLY person in an enforcer shirt up at that time of night. They then all ran out into the parking lot and pegged Tycho with a million nerf objects, and after that it seemed to calm down.

Unknown User on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    My friend doesn't understand the concept of lost and found. If he finds something and nobody claims it, he jacks it if he wants it. He found a shirt with the Merch on it while we were waiting for the Saturday concert. I tried to persuade him to take it to the lost and found....but I don't know if he actually did. I hope it was returned to its proper owner.

I mean, I found a stylus on the floor and I gave it to the lost and found.

QuizMaster on
  • Bat-Winged BoyBat-Winged Boy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    QuizMaster wrote:
    My friend doesn't understand the concept of lost and found. If he finds something and nobody claims it, he jacks it if he wants it. He found a shirt with the Merch on it while we were waiting for the Saturday concert. I tried to persuade him to take it to the lost and found....but I don't know if he actually did. I hope it was returned to its proper owner.

I mean, I found a stylus on the floor and I gave it to the lost and found.

I fear to think how many styluses (styli?) were lost at PAX.

Maybe they're off having a Stylus Picnic right now.

Bat-Winged Boy on
    edited September 2005
    The grey ones bring salad and the black ones bring dessert.

Also I forgot to mention Dani & I took a more-than-half-full bawls from in the table games area after the bawls stand had closed for the night. An enforcer saw it and we shared :)

(hoping for no herpes/mono)

So if it was yours, I owe you, but don't stay mad cos we were thirsty.

jenelle on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited September 2005
    ...You drank an opened drink that was sitting around unattended?

Knob on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2005
    Knob wrote:
    ...You drank an opened drink that was sitting around unattended?

What's a little hepatitis between friends?

A duck! on
    edited September 2005
    Desperation :\

jenelle on
    edited September 2005
    It could have been pee

Knob on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited September 2005
    I heard Knob had an extra quail egg he was showing around...

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    edited September 2005
    Fuck yes I did

I got Moriveth, Munkus, Grath, SoulFury, NotASenator, and about six other dudes all in one fell swoop.

Knob on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I left my ID at the open PC room overnight. Then the next day I left my whole fucking laptop bag at the goat check. I guess I don't want my stuff.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
    edited September 2005
    Alas, my friends and I went to Azteca the Saturday, and my friend left her camera on the table as we left.
    Gone less than 3 minutes before she was back in the restaurant, but someone had ganked it :(

Unknown User on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    Knob wrote:
    Fuck yes I did

I got Moriveth, Munkus, SoulFury, NotASenator, and about six other dudes all in one fell swoop.

Fixed! I escaped

Grath on
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    here ya go, i purchased a final fantasy X necklace, ring, and mini sword set from sweet kitty, and on sunday, when i had no money left, i lost the pendant. i was sooooo pissed.

Nephirij on
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    I wasn't able to go this year. I went the first year, though.

Does the guy who ran the console room hang out here? I'd like to ask him a few questions, since he seems to have known what he was doing, as nothing got stolen. I'm going to be running the console room at Sakuracon next year, so...

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Zig == best console room manager ever.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    I wasn't able to go this year. I went the first year, though.

Does the guy who ran the console room hang out here? I'd like to ask him a few questions, since he seems to have known what he was doing, as nothing got stolen. I'm going to be running the console room at Sakuracon next year, so...

Thats because everybody fears zig.
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Zig == best console room manager ever.

He rocks my face :D

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    Nothing stolen in either time I've gone, we'll find out if third times what it takes to have everything gutted from my car. I did 'steal' a bawls, but we had started playing magic at this table, and no one said anything about the unopened bottle of bawls sitting in the middle of our cards for half an hour. Then I kinda say "is that um..anyones?" No one owned up to it, so I stepped up to the plate and took care of it =D

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2005
    leaf wrote:
    No one owned up to it, so I stepped up to the plate and took care of it =D

You are a hero.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    Shade wrote:
    did graziurs post just vanish? and yes my heart was stolen :D

I knew I shoulda put a password on that thing!

I admit it guys, this was my fault. I swear I'll keep it one piece. :D

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Lazarus PlusLazarus Plus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I had a disposable camera stolen. Really, I left it somewhere. I came back about ten minutes later and it was gone and no one took it to lost and found. It had my name and address on it and everything. Great honesty on that persons part.

Lazarus Plus on
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Stealing can be a lot of fun what with the free stuff and the adrenaline rush. But I wouldn't do it at PAX. You all mater too much to me. NIMBY, you know what I am saying. You don't con in your own home town.

Puerto Rock on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I bought a case of bawls and left it on a table on the second floor and headed down for the theatre. upon arrving at the theatre i realised i didn't have my case and went back up to get it . . it was gone. i went back to the theatre and was talking about it with my brother when the guy sitting next to us says that he had picked up up and put it in the coat/bag check area and was going to take it home. so we go over there and get it and he said "i think i deserve a bottle for giving it back to you." and so i gladly handed him a bottle.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    So he gets caught and then demands a bottle because he decides to be nice after getting caught?

You should've 'handed' him a bottle upside his head.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    he could have kept his mouth shut and i'd have had toshell out another $20 for a new case

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    he could have kept his mouth shut and i'd have had toshell out another $20 for a new case

Giving back something you've stolen does not make a good person.

Shade on
    edited January 2006
    if he had taken from me while i was sitting next it . . . but he didn't he found what looked to be an abandoned case of bawls. i would have taken it

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png