As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3: Final Fantasy Tactics, the only one that matters, coming to iPhone!.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the screenshots made it look like an RPG

BugBoy on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »
    wait, did someone say paper mario
    Yep, a new paper mario on the 3ds

as well as a remake of starfox 64, a remake of ocarina of time, a snake eater remake, oh and a new mario kart and a new animal crossing

RPG paper mario or side scrolly turn sideways paper mario?

rpg

there's a screen that shows a battle screen and a little chain chomp partner

Oh fantastic

Speed Racer on
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nastyman wrote: »
    If the virtual boy counts then add it to the list.

^5 for owning a Virtual Boy, I've got one in the cupboard somewhere too.

Darric on
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If Kirby Canvas Curse was any indication that a Kirby game without the usual eating mechanic can be fun, Kirby Epic Yarn is going to be challenging and delightful.

Yukira on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

as well as a remake of starfox 64, a remake of ocarina of time, a snake eater remake, oh and a new mario kart and a new animal crossing

rpg

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

unintentional on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

rpg

A chain chomp party member?

SOLD

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    fuuuuuck I have no moneyyyy

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    They announced the 3DS

like a week after I bought a DSi

the 3ds has been known for like a month now

yo fault

No I mean like

rumors of the 3DS started coming out very soon after I bought the i.

YO

FAULT

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kinda gettin' the urge to play Kirby's Dreamland 3 now.

Speed Racer on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

rpg

A chain chomp party member?

SOLD

I want it NOW
    = (

unintentional on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kirby looks fucking awesome. The whimsy level is off the fucking charts though.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And here's that screenshot by the way.

1.png

Clint Eastwood on
    edited June 2010
    Kinda gettin' the urge to play Kirby's Dreamland 3 now.

It's on the VC, I think I might have to get it if I don't have it already.

Also,

Perfect line up of Firefox tabs:

2vnhqom.jpg

Yukira on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I kinda want to get a 3DS at release, but I know three months after that they'll announce a new 3DSi or XL or some shit and I'll regret my hasty purchase

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited June 2010
    mario kart 3ds

2.png

Clint Eastwood on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    God, a new Paper Mario is exactly what I need. I will buy a 3DS just for that

Why didn't they announce that at the conference?

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvULlC9c7xg

man I love how this looks

Brolo on
    edited June 2010
    Kirby Tank!

Yukira on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My dad bought me the original Game Boy and that's the only one I've ever had.

I win.

NotASenator on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Clearly needs more Rick the Hamster.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Want to go buy a 3DS and half a dozen games right now.

DMAC on
    edited June 2010
    Rolo wrote: »

is this on Wii?

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited June 2010
    Kirby is on the Wii.

Also

http://e3.nintendo.com

Yukira on
    edited June 2010
    Kid Icarus looks really fun, I can't wait to see the 3d effects on that.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited June 2010
    Why did they have to go and make it out of yarn?

Staleghoti on
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    My dad bought me the original Game Boy and that's the only one I've ever had.

I win.

Me too.

Hi5

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited June 2010
    This kotaku video restored my faith in the controls for Zelda:

http://kotaku.com/5564197/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-video-preview-starring-me

Looks way better there than when Miyamoto was playing it and it malfunctioned.

Speed Racer on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay I just got home from work

WHAT DID I MISS

edit: Specifically asking about Nintendo announcements

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hey guys look what I found
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    HenryVape wrote: »
    im interested in seing some gameplay from MvsC , is Capcom at E3?

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unjidio8Lhk

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited June 2010
    Clearly needs more Rick the Hamster.

Everything needs more Rick the Hamster.

Speed Racer on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I know it's a kids' game, but it looks too easy for my taste.

Platy on
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'd be amazed if this hasn't already been posted, but given how fast these threads are moving...

The last few paragraphs are very interesting (from Kotaku)
    It feels like a sleight of hand, of mind, of eye: But hold Nintendo's 3DS in front of you, turn it on and the top screen drops away turning the imagined world 3D.

There are some kinks that still need to be worked out for the upcoming, glasses-free 3D gaming device. The window in which 3D looks 3D on that screen and doesn't appear fuzzy or make you feel cross-eyed, is extremely narrow.

Hold the device too close, too far, tilt it too much in either direction and the magic is gone.

But hold it just right and your perceptions change, the game is 3D, without glasses. Without glasses. It sounds unbelievable, and when it works it is unbelievable.

I tried out sevendifferent demos on the system and they all offered interesting different bits of information.

The 3DS will be able to play real Hollywood movies in 3D without the need for glasses. I checked out a trailer for one and was as impressed as I am when I watch a Real 3D movie. Which is to say, not very. The 3D feels painted on, used to highlights bits of the screen, certain objects, but not to create an entirely 3D experience. But that's not the fault of the 3DS or Nintendo, that's all up to the movie makers.

Next I checked out an interactive trailer for Metal Gear Solid in 3D. The jungle popped in 3D. Leaves brushed up against the camera. I could adjust the point of view just slightly with the analog thumbstick. It was a neat way to show off how subtle 3D can be on this system. And how, even as a subtle addition, the effect has an amazing impact.

Next was Resident Evil. This is when I ran into my first issue. I started off the cutscene with the 3DS resting on the table, but in my hands. It was a bit further away from my face then it typically would be when playing. The impact was horrendous. It felt like I had gone permanently cross eyed. It made my stomach flop slightly and my eyes quickly tried to correct what they were seeing. I used the slider on the face of the 3DS to turn the 3D down but it didn't help. They I tried moving the 3DS slightly closer and suddenly the game's images synched and the world was amazingly deep.

I tried putting the screen even closer to my face, moving it way too close and the image went double again. Tilting the 3DS or moving it to either side made the image fuzzy.

There is, I learned, a 3D sweet-spot for the 3DS, a bubble in which the image is perfect and deep. Outside the bubble things go wrong.

Next I tried out a neat little Nintendo demo that showed 3D sculptures. I could use the slider to move around the images. This was the best looking demo of the bunch. Well almost, certainly the best looking game demo.

Nintendogs and Cats had a neat effect, using the bottom screen to let you interact with the 3D pets and throw objects. But the 3D didn't blow me away. It was, though, still very solid, deep 3D.

Next I checked out the Kid Icarus trailer, now in full 3D. I was impressed with how seemingly powerful the system must be to deliver this level of gameplay and graphics all in 3D.

The most impressive thing I saw this morning, though, was the 3DS' camera. The ability to take a picture in 3D and then view it in 3D seconds later may sound like a gimick. But it's the sort of gimick that will require a hunt for your socks afterward.

When you activate the camera you use the thumbstick to slide back and forth on what you want the focal point to be in the image. So you can make the thing closest to you in focus or the thing in the back. Once you snap the pic you can look at it on that top screen.

The effect is astounding. I took a picture of the woman who had the 3DS padlocked to her waist. She's smiling and has her hands up. The hands feel like they're popping out of the screen, behind the room just goes on and on.

It's astounding.

Drew-B on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »

WHAT DID I MISS

Kid Icarus

Goldeneye

Donkey Kong Country

and a whole lot of other stuff

BugBoy on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »

WHAT DID I MISS

Kid Icarus

Goldeneye

Donkey Kong Country

and a whole lot of other stuff

Well hot dang

I am excited already

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

WHAT DID I MISS

New Kirby and Zelda games for Wii.

For the 3DS:
    New Kid Icarus
    Paper Mario
    MGS (A remake of 3?)
    Ocarina of Time Remake
    New Nintendogs w/Cats as well
    Starfox 64 3D
    Street Fighter 4 3D

Butler For Life #1 on
    edited June 2010
    MVC3 looks pretty cool.

I would murder somebody for a 3DS, I think.

Clint Eastwood on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also a new Donkey Kong Country game for the Wii. The art style's closer to Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo-Kazooie than DKC 1 and 2, however.

Platy on
    edited June 2010

WHAT DID I MISS

New Kirby and Zelda games for Wii.

For the 3DS:
    New Kid Icarus
    Paper Mario
    MGS (A remake of 3?)
    Ocarina of Time Remake
    New Nintendogs w/Cats as well
    Starfox 64 3D
    Street Fighter 4 3D
    Animal Crossing for 3ds
    Mario Kart for 3ds
    Pilotwings 3ds

Clint Eastwood on
    edited June 2010
    The Golden Sun: Dark Dawn trailer shows what to be a Doomtrain-like summon, awesome.

Yukira on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, i missed everything today, and i am still playing catch up from last night.

Pumped to hear of a Zelda remake though.

Barcardi on